Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agent - Rockstar Games PS3 Exclusive
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
ThomasH
Created with permission

Today ( June 2 – 2009) at E3 Sony Conference, Rockstar Fans were surprised when suddenly Rockstar Games Logo appear could be Rockstar Exclusive Title announced in 2007. Sony said Rockstar Games are releasing an Exclusive game for Playstation 3. Rockstar North ( Grand Theft Auto, Manhunt ) is currently working on the game.

The game is called Agent which will take players all around the globe in the shadowy world of late 1970s espionage.

Announcement Video.

Editorial: What to expect from Agent?

Perhaps the quietest of announcements from the Sony's 2009 E3 conference was also the most significant. Rockstar Games will be making a new IP exclusively for the PS3, whats more Rockstar's flagship studio, Rockstar North answering the call. According to one of the Houser brothers, the IP will be given production values as much as any Rockstar game and even hopes to make something as big as GTA IV.

So how can Rockstar make a new game in the brink of Cold War while at the same time separate itself from GTA and other games of its portfolio? Well, here is my vision of Agent.
DuPz0r
With most of R* Games most proud creations, they do keep them under wraps. GTA games are well kept quite, but because of the demand they have to keep us up to date with pictures and trailers. But this game is new, so nobody knows what to expect, and it is easier to keep it quiet. I'm looking forward to see how this game works. I'm expecting it to be ran on the RAGE engine and it is more than likely going to be a sandbox because that is what R*n are good at. Anything else?
ConQueSteD
i will most defianitly get this and LA NOIRE.
HB~Sauce
Alright, I was waiting for someone to post a topic on this game. Sounds awesome right now, when is it supposed to be released?
DiO
I just realized that since this is exclusive....I doubt LA Noire its going to be.
ConQueSteD
LA NOIRE is also to be a PS3 exclusive so R* gave PS3 owners a nice 2010 lineup
DuPz0r
Do you think maybe this could be LA Noire, just renamed and reestablished? Because Agent and LA Noire seem to me to be set around the same sort of thing. Why would they be working on two titles almost exactly the same?
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 14 2009, 08:46 AM) *
Do you think maybe this could be LA Noire, just renamed and reestablished? Because Agent and LA Noire seem to me to be set around the same sort of thing. Why would they be working on two titles almost exactly the same?

Well R*s official site has a page for LA Noire, and it's being developed by Team Bondi so i'd say it's a different game.

Agent is focused on the cold war and espionage, LA Noire is focused on solving murders (in LA ohmy.gif .)
DuPz0r
Really? I didn't know anything about agent tbh, i didn't realize that information was even out. I just thought it was like LA Noire because of the name XD.png man i feel like a douche right now!
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 14 2009, 03:32 PM) *
Really? I didn't know anything about agent tbh, i didn't realize that information was even out. I just thought it was like LA Noire because of the name XD.png man i feel like a douche right now!

Yah, and before viceman's post you probably thought you were mad smart.
HB~Sauce
Rockstar North has done the 80's, 90's, and the present. I'm excited for what they can do with the Cold War era of the 70's. Will the Soviet's be the bad guys or will you be one of them?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (QD-O @ Sep 15 2009, 12:18 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 14 2009, 03:32 PM) *

Yah, and before viceman's post you probably thought you were mad smart.

A little! stupid.gif

@ HB; Yeah i agree. I love how R* games create a era within a game and make it their own! They seem to do it so well!
Sheep
Looks decent, if it's going to be a sandbox sorta game like GTA i think it'll be really good
trathen93
rockstar have some good games coming up in the next few years. this with Max payne is a good line up. Ive not really heared about this much, but it looks good. cant wait.
DANNY B0Y
Rockstar should probably release more groundbreaking games in the future, but I shouldn't be chatting here if it's PS3 exclusive since I own a 360, I'll just ask my mate to get it and let me play on it once in a while.
ThomasH
Some interesting info concerning the Rockstar PS3 exclusive spy game Agent | ShogunGamer

At Sonyís E3 conference it was announced that the PlayStation 3 was getting an exclusive franchise from prolific developer Rockstar Games in the form of Agent. Besides a cool looking logo and a simple summary that the game would be a spy story set in the 1970s no other details were given. And of course in typical Rockstar fashion itíll be quite some time before we see any media or learn new details on the project.

Read More.
trathen93
was interested in finding out when this is released and went on play.com to try and get a date. well, it gives one but i dont think its quite right. haha

Marney1
@Two Dogs' See what their guarrentee is regarding delivery etc. If you order it they might have to give it to you for free on release day.
trathen93
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 8 2010, 07:49 PM) *
@Two Dogs' See what their guarrentee is regarding delivery etc. If you order it they might have to give it to you for free on release day.

doubt play.com would ever do that just cos they fucked up with the release date. "oh, heres a free copy of the game cos we didnt bother to update the page info",haha as if.

ps, I doubt anyone else will understand what two dogs means. We shall let them guess laugh.gif
JamieMilne
is this going to be a sandbox freeroam game ?
SirPsychoSexy
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1135955p1.html

Agent?
Massacre
It depends on what they mean by revealed. Obviously Agent has already been announced, but if by "revealed" they mean a trailer, screenshots, etc., then that could be it.
Marney1
QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Nov 20 2010, 01:21 AM) *

They've already 'revealed' AGENT but maybe they mean a proper reveal?

EDIT: Sorry Massacre, I got distracted by some pussy on TV while posting and didn't realise you'd already said that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.