Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uncharted 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Massacre
I've run out a few times on normal. I had no idea there was a trophy for beating it on easy. Looks like I'll be playing on all difficulties, then.
bOnEs
it's become a habit of mine to collect ammo from dead soldiers, stemming back to the first uncharted game... i don't think i've ever run out of ammo... sure, i've run out of ammo for a single gun but, never both at the same time... if your staying on the move during a battle, there's more than enough opportunities to pick up ammo or a new gun with ammo...

of course, i am speaking past experiences... i am only to chapter 5 in this game so, maybe there's going to come a time when this happens but, i never figured ammo would be an issue because of the amounts of dead enemies in a given area...
Kamahl
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 21 2010, 01:55 PM) *
I've run out a few times on normal. I had no idea there was a trophy for beating it on easy. Looks like I'll be playing on all difficulties, then.

If you beat the game on hard, you get the easy, medium and hard trophies at the same time. + you unlock Crushing.
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 21 2010, 02:00 PM) *
it's become a habit of mine to collect ammo from dead soldiers, stemming back to the first uncharted game... i don't think i've ever run out of ammo... sure, i've run out of ammo for a single gun but, never both at the same time... if your staying on the move during a battle, there's more than enough opportunities to pick up ammo or a new gun with ammo...

of course, i am speaking past experiences... i am only to chapter 5 in this game so, maybe there's going to come a time when this happens but, i never figured ammo would be an issue because of the amounts of dead enemies in a given area...

You get pinned down a few times in the game, I've been completely out and had to run across a battlefield to pick up a shotgun with only six shells, which meant I had to do it again three more times.

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jan 21 2010, 02:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 21 2010, 01:55 PM) *

If you beat the game on hard, you get the easy, medium and hard trophies at the same time. + you unlock Crushing.

Thanks, that'll save me some time.
bOnEs
i guess i'll play on hard next time then so i unlock the medium trophy...
TreeFitty
and you can gloat to your friends how good you are. until they pwn you in multiplayer.
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 20 2010, 06:09 PM) *
Fuck you. You add me.

No idea what you PSN ID is. I'm going to assume you don't have your PS3 hooked up to the internet you fucking deceitful bastard.
Massacre
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 22 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Fuck you. You add me.

No idea what you PSN ID is. I'm going to assume you don't have your PS3 hooked up to the internet you fucking deceitful bastard.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 25 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Warlord_Massacre
TheAnalogKid2112
^D-Owned.
DuPz0r
So are you guys looking forward to the DLC coming soon? The first lot is free, which includes random online players like helgast and chimera...
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 22 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Fuck you. You add me.

Warlord_Massacre

Would have been easier just to type it out or add me. Pfft.
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 23 2010, 02:29 PM) *
So are you guys looking forward to the DLC coming soon? The first lot is free, which includes random online players like helgast and chimera...

Never even heard about it before.
Massacre
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 23 2010, 06:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 22 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Fuck you. You add me.

Warlord_Massacre

Would have been easier just to type it out or add me. Pfft.

I chose to quote the post where I said what my PSN was to point out what a stupid Canadian whore you are.
DuPz0r
Joystiq:
The first content pack will be free and in the Store on January 28 -- and it's kinda weird. It contains multiplayer character models of Resistance 2's Nathan Hale and a Chimera, InFamous' Cole (in both "good" and "evil" forms) and Zeke, and Killzone 2's Tomas Sevchenko and a Helghast soldier. The second DLC pack, dated February 25, adds two maps, one of which is based on the first Uncharted's "Ruins" area, and multiplayer models of the first game's Nate, Elena, Atoq Navarro, Eddy Raja, Roman Gabriel, and a mercenary. This pack won't be free, but no price has been specified. The third DLC pack, available April 15 and also premium, adds a new co-op multiplayer mode, along with four new maps and five new character skins.

Check out the crossover character skins in our gallery below:

DLC Images
Massacre
So, the DLC is all multiplayer? That'll save me some money. Also, Zeke from Infamous wouldn't be that different from the Doughnut Drake skin, would it?
bOnEs
the first DLC doesn't interest me... i don't really care to play as any of those characters...

i got to chapter 18 yesterday... i finally saw my first glimpse of the creature featured in this game... holy shit, they look a lot tougher than the cursed people of the first game... we didn't even kill the fucker after i put about 50 bullets in him and tenzin stabbed him a hundred times laugh.gif... now, i'm a little scared to venture into the ice palace...
bOnEs
i think i am at chapter 25 now... i'm running around with elana and chloe... this game just up'd the difficulty a notch once i began the journey to shambala... the enemies were a handful, there were numerous mini-arenas full of thugs all over the place... but, that's what uncharted is all about anyways... that and puzzle solving...

has anyone flipped through their journal yet? lol, there's some funny stuff in there laugh.gif... drake had drawn a scare-o-meter with the creatures from 1 and 2, and sully's mustache at the bottom of the list...

i'm 94% of the way through the story so, i can't imagine i have too much else to do... i do see a showdown in the making though... the climax is just around the bend biggrin.gif...

i tried to make a conscious effort to look for treasures and i did for a while... but, i started getting wrapped up in the story and forgot about them... after about chapter 8, i started only collecting the ones i stumbled upon or were in plain sight... i've got 29 treasures out of a 100 laugh.gif... yea, i'd say i missed a huge chunk there in between...
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 26 2010, 02:06 AM) *
i think i am at chapter 25 now... i'm running around with elana and chloe... this game just up'd the difficulty a notch once i began the journey to shambala... the enemies were a handful, there were numerous mini-arenas full of thugs all over the place... but, that's what uncharted is all about anyways... that and puzzle solving...

Are you actually in Shambala yet?

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 26 2010, 02:06 AM) *
i tried to make a conscious effort to look for treasures and i did for a while... but, i started getting wrapped up in the story and forgot about them... after about chapter 8, i started only collecting the ones i stumbled upon or were in plain sight... i've got 29 treasures out of a 100 laugh.gif ... yea, i'd say i missed a huge chunk there in between...

I think I only found eleven...
bOnEs
yea, i'm in there... right now it's me, chloe and elana, trying to find the stone before lazarevic... i just took on two or three of those "guardians" so, i'm getting very close to the end... thank god i found a few grenades when that battle started... i can't think of any other way to take down the guardians...

i'm beginning to wonder if i can even make it this far on hard... as good and fun as the uncharted series is, i tend to struggle late in the game, even on easy... but, i'll still give it a shot biggrin.gif...
Massacre
Without spoiling anything, you have an epic battle coming. If you don't have it already, you'll be getting the trophy for killing 75 enemies without dying. Assuming, you, you know, don't die...
bOnEs
lol, i got that trophy in the village just outside of shambala biggrin.gif... i think i killed roughly 500 people...
Massacre
Tenzin's village? I got killed by the tank a few times while trying to figure out where I needed to go.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 26 2010, 12:49 PM) *
Tenzin's village? I got killed by the tank a few times while trying to figure out where I needed to go.

no, the one after the HUGE truck battle... the one where they took the old man from tenzin's village... i fought lots of soldiers there...

EDIT: yea, that tank battle killed me a few times also trying to figure out where to go...
bOnEs
beat the game last night... i need to make a mental note to NOT stop playing once i reach shambhala... if your in the groove, you need to finish it up right then and there... instead, i was away from the action for a couple of days and when i tried to pick it back up, i proceeded to get owned... it took me over three hours to finish up the final 2 chapters...

and it wasn't even the final battle that was the toughest, it was the two other areas where i fought soldiers and guardians before that... even though i died about a dozen times fighting lazarevic, it wasn't because of how tough he was... it was because of me jumping around the fighting room and leaping right off a cliff... seriously, he wasn't hard at all, i just kept jumping to my death...

one of the funnest adventures though in recent memory for me... the uncharted series should be made into movies... the characters and story are quite original, even for hollywood... i can't recall any movies with a plot to go after the chintamani stone... the el dorado treasure has been done before but, not the way uncharted did it... plus, i can't recall movies that talked about sir francis drake and marco polo...

i am going to try to play this on hard next... and it's not going to be easy because, i struggled mightily, even on easy near the end of the game... but, i know the strategy of most of the battles so, i might give myself a chance... but, there's no guarantees biggrin.gif...

also, do your kills with a certain weapon carry over into your next file? same with the treasures, do they as well? if they don't, i'll make a more conscious effort to use them more often in my next play through...
DuPz0r
Well the first DLC ISN'T free!" What a load of shit that information was. I dont really care for those costumes anyway tbh.
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 28 2010, 10:36 AM) *
also, do your kills with a certain weapon carry over into your next file? same with the treasures, do they as well? if they don't, i'll make a more conscious effort to use them more often in my next play through...

I'm not sure about the weapons, but there's an option to carry over your treasures or not.

How'd you like the three-way fight between the guardians and Lazarevic's men (the indoor one, although they were both awesome)?
bOnEs
the indoor one was far more easier than the outdoor one... i struggled mightily on that one but, i did learn that you can kill the guardians easily with their crossbow, which made the rest of their encounters super easy, like the indoor 3-way...

i would still like to know if the weapons stuff does carry over though... i guess if it doesn't, i can always start a game on very easy and unlock the weapon of choice from the store and use it until i unlock the trophy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.