Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uncharted 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DuPz0r
The latest on Uncharted 2 at PAX 2009 is sounding promising. The Blu-ray has been maxed. They say that Uncharted 1 used about 30% of the PS3's power, and this time they maxed it out completely. They have taken full advantage of the CPU to allow richer background processes and a lot more animations at once.

Here is the interview from PAX:
ConQueSteD
I'll probably get it i just gotta get some shit straight in my life and get a job. Looks great though.
DiO
Holy shit is all I can say.
bOnEs
can't wait!! about a month from now we'll all be playing some uncharted online together... that's gonna be fun...

is there any special deals anywhere for pre-ordering? i'm thinking about it but really, i can just go to bestbuy before work and pick it up when they still have 20 copies available... the guys at gamestop act as if it's impossible to get a hot title if you don't pre-order laugh.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I'm overwhelmed by how much I want this game. I don't think I've ever anticipated a game more than I do this one.
HB~Sauce
Looks good, I haven't seen anything about the multiplayer yet. How does that look?
bOnEs
i played the beta for the online component... it's not just a thrown in muliplayer experience either... it's a full-fledged game in itself...there's a leveling system where kills, special kills, streaks and stuff add into your final total... i am not sure what kinds of things you unlock the higher you get but, i am sure there's something to that...

EDIT: here's a little writeup concerning the muliplayer... it's actually talking about the demo due out in a week or so but, it mentions what they plan to do with the money you earn...
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5789.html
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 12 2009, 10:02 AM) *
i played the beta for the online component... it's not just a thrown in muliplayer experience either... it's a full-fledged game in itself...there's a leveling system where kills, special kills, streaks and stuff add into your final total... i am not sure what kinds of things you unlock the higher you get but, i am sure there's something to that...

I had the beta too. I agree completely. I'm hoping the real game is put together better, though. The menus were too confusing for me, and we got lost during the co-op missions too many times.
DiO
Lucky fucks.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 12 2009, 02:17 PM) *
Lucky fucks.

To be honest, I played the beta twice and never touched it again. I don't know if it was lack of interest, or wanting to wait until the game came out, but you really shouldn't kick yourself for not getting in. (I didn't get in either, I got it from a friend's account.) Trust me, it'll be even better for you when you get the game. Us beta testers will know what to expect, while you will have a fresh look and not know what to expect.

Edit: Not saying the beta didn't kick major ass, because it did. I can't wait to play Uncharted online again.
HB~Sauce
Hot damn, that sounds good. Uncharted's single player+ co-op and multiplayer = win
Kamahl
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/unc...n-to-all-today/

Download the beta!!!
DuPz0r
Awesome! I'll be on that asap!
bOnEs
ehh, i'll pry wait until the game comes out... too much stuff to play right now with fallout 3 DLC and MAG... i got a taste of it when i was beta testing but, i don't need to rush into playing the demo right now... i can wait biggrin.gif...
HB~Sauce
This game is killing it in the reviews department, could be the game of the year this year.
DiO
Bin playing the online beta. Its fucking amazing
HB~Sauce
QUOTE (Suryc Yelim @ Oct 1 2009, 07:34 PM) *

What is it like (can you compare it to another game or is it just it one of a kind?)
Kamahl
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 2 2009, 12:31 AM) *

What is it like (can you compare it to another game or is it just it one of a kind?)

???

why dont you download it and see it yourself? its on the PS Store just in case you didnt notice

HB~Sauce
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Oct 1 2009, 11:46 PM) *
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 2 2009, 12:31 AM) *

???

why dont you download it and see it yourself? its on the PS Store just in case you didnt notice

Haha I know it's out but I can't right now, maybe on the weekend I will give it a go.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Got the demo. Still haven't played it. Is online any good?
DuPz0r
I downloaded the beta but cant get a server to ply on...

/EDIT DW, it seems to be working now. Awesome multiplayer i might add!
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Oct 2 2009, 08:32 AM) *
Got the demo. Still haven't played it. Is online any good?

See Kamahl's post above.
TheAnalogKid2112
I just realized this game comes out a week from tomorrow. That's awesome. I hope I get paid enough next paycheck to be able to buy it.
bOnEs
might not be a day one purchase for me... it all depends on my money situation... as bad as i want this, i know it will still be there when i am ready... it's not like it will be sold out or anything... well, maybe the first couple of days, it will be hard to find...
DiO

I gotta wait for Christmas for this one.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE (Suryc Yelim @ Oct 7 2009, 06:49 PM) *
I gotta wait for Christmas for this one.

Same here, unfortunately sad.gif
bOnEs
hey, want to get your hands on the RARE fortune hunter edition? well, click the link to find out how biggrin.gif...

* CLICK ME!!! *

i'm gonna give it a shot... hey, why not biggrin.gif... if i win, i'll just keep it in a safe place unopened... could be worth a lot more in the future considering that naughty dog isn't giving out very many of these in the first place... it's rare indeed biggrin.gif...
DiO
Played a bit. I probably will more later too.
HB~Sauce
Decent, I'm hooked with on the beta. The multiplayer is really addicting, plus I like the idea of using your online money to buy upgrades.
DiO
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 10 2009, 04:00 PM) *
Decent, I'm hooked with on the beta. The multiplayer is really addicting, plus I like the idea of using your online money to buy upgrades.

I got mad cash. How do I buy shit?
HB~Sauce
QUOTE (Suryc Yelim @ Oct 10 2009, 02:32 PM) *
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 10 2009, 04:00 PM) *

I got mad cash. How do I buy shit?

At the main menu of the beta, I believe if you press R1 you can access the store where you can purchase upgrades.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I can't buy it! I'm down to my last $100 and I already ordered The new Ratchet and Clank.
Massacre
So... It looks like no one has this. Shame, I've heard it's being called a system seller (meaning that it's good enough to buy a PS3 just for this game) and I was hoping someone could confirm this.
Kamahl
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 10 2009, 09:39 PM) *
So... It looks like no one has this. Shame, I've heard it's being called a system seller (meaning that it's good enough to buy a PS3 just for this game) and I was hoping someone could confirm this.

???

No one has it cause its not out yet...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1026373p1.html

That should help you
Massacre
Oh, it's not? Wait, reviews come out before the game does, don't they? Fuck, that's embarassing...

Oh, and thanks for the link.
bOnEs
it is a system seller for sure... a TON of people are getting it... but, you know i am passing on it right now... what, with the new fallout DLC and the fact that i am starting a brand new file once i beat em all laugh.gif... for me, uncharted 2 waits... but, for anyone else, this epic adventure is only days' away...

this is the ultimate adventure game... indiana jones meets tomb raider... i so want to fucking play it but sometimes, things don't work out the way you want them to... i missed out on little big planet back when it came out because i discovered this little game called fallout 3 laugh.gif... i bought that instead... but, i eventually got little big planet and love it... the same will happen with uncharted 2...

and the multiplayer is no joke... seriously, it's one of the funner one's i've played... GTAIV is still the ultimate one for me but, uncharted 2 is almost as good... we didn't have to buy upgrades in the private beta but, you do in the public one, making good use of the money you earned... it was kinda pointless in the private beta... i need to sneak in one or two more session before the beta ends... it'll be my last drake adventure for a while sad.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah, I bought a $60 sack last night, so that was my Uncharted money. Damn. Gotta wait another 2 weeks for my next paycheck unless my mommy will buy it for me (yeah right)
DiO
QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Oct 11 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Yeah, I bought a $60 sack last night, so that was my Uncharted money. Damn. Gotta wait another 2 weeks for my next paycheck unless my mommy will buy it for me (yeah right)

LMFAO!
DuPz0r
I just got my student loan through, so i may actually pick this up very soon! biggrin.gif
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 12 2009, 05:56 PM) *
I just got my student loan through, so i may actually pick this up very soon! biggrin.gif

Lol. Buying games with student loan. Tsk tsk.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (I am really cool. @ Oct 13 2009, 12:01 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 12 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Lol. Buying games with student loan. Tsk tsk.

meh meh

This and AC2 will be worth it.
TheAnalogKid2112
Oh shit, this came out didn't it? Can't fucking wait to play it. Only 2 weeks to go O_O
DiO
QUOTE (I am really cool @ Oct 14 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Oh shit, this came out didn't it? Can't fucking wait to play it. Only 2 weeks to go O_O

Gotta wait for the paycheck again?
TheAnalogKid2112
Yes, D-O, I do indeed have to wait for my next paycheck in order to buy this game. Thank you.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (I am really cool @ Oct 15 2009, 04:21 AM) *
Yes, D-O, I do indeed have to wait for my next paycheck in order to buy this game. Thank you.

If you didn't buy weed you could afford more games, and you would have bought this already smile.gif
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 15 2009, 02:31 PM) *

If you didn't buy weed you could afford more games, and you would have bought this already smile.gif

This /\

Plus, I have a job interview at a wal mart tomorrow. If I get the job I am buying this right away.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 15 2009, 11:31 AM) *

Ironically, the reason I can't buy it is because I just bought a $60. Rats. You're correct.
Kamahl
well, i got this a couple of hours ago, still havent tried it cause i had to do a couple of things before...
Flea
I've just completed this game, and all i have to say is, THIS GAME IS AMAZING!, i think i would say its the best game i've ever played, from start to finish, it just has you hooked, the story is amazing, the grx are like nothing i've seen, the gameplay is great, i cant think of one bad thing to say about this game, i think its the first game in a while where i actually really cared for the charactors, the subtitles are still going down the screen this second, wonna see if anything happens after lol.

Spoiler.....

At the very end, was that flynns grave?, and wot was that drake put on it?

This is the only game where i think i will play through again on hard (i usually play games on normal then thats it) I've made 360,000 to spend, the single player store ugrades is whats wanting me to play again on hard, now to see how the online play is.

I recomend this to everyone, if you liked the first one you will love this and if you havnt played the first you will love this game, wounder what naughty dog have planned next.
Kamahl
QUOTE (Flea @ Oct 19 2009, 03:26 PM) *
I've just completed this game, and all i have to say is, THIS GAME IS AMAZING!, i think i would say its the best game i've ever played, from start to finish, it just has you hooked, the story is amazing, the grx are like nothing i've seen, the gameplay is great, i cant think of one bad thing to say about this game, i think its the first game in a while where i actually really cared for the charactors, the subtitles are still going down the screen this second, wonna see if anything happens after lol.

Spoiler.....

At the very end, was that flynns grave?, and wot was that drake put on it?

This is the only game where i think i will play through again on hard (i usually play games on normal then thats it) I've made 360,000 to spend, the single player store ugrades is whats wanting me to play again on hard, now to see how the online play is.

I recomend this to everyone, if you liked the first one you will love this and if you havnt played the first you will love this game, wounder what naughty dog have planned next.

Completely agree with everything, the game is so good i couldnt stop playing, i finished it in just 2 days (i know some people finished it in 1 day but to me thats really fast cause i like to make my games last a little while)

SPOILER:

That grave is Schafers (the old guy), at least thats the only thing that would make sense to me. The other question, i dont know.

I played it on Hard and got 45 trophies out of 100, they made it really hard to find trophies this time, i mean... in uncharted to i found 45 out of 60 in my first game! and now less than half...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.