Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petition to remove racism from the site.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Pieface @ Sep 11 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Asylum Rules and Guidelines:
[/b]A note: Trolling in the Asylum is against the rules, regardless of who you are trolling. Keep your racism and your taunts in R&R.

Now, I may be British, and I may be white. But I do not agree with racism wherever it is. On the street, on ANY forum, in a office,wherever thats a public place. You would not go up to a black person and call them a very offensive name, would you? So why on a forum, which has over 50,000 members, is a official fansite for GTA and is worth thousands? Im sure its not just white people who go on this site. Im sure we have members who are younger than 15, and still at a age where they would copy what older people do. It dont matter whether its in R&R or not, it is a very serious matter. Im sure black people have joined this site and are very offended. Lets sort this out and make this a more enjoyable place to go to.
RamzKilla
I agree there should be no racism at all. That shit is ridiculous. angry.gif
ViceMan
The question is fucking epic.

"Why is racism allowed?"

A. Yes.
B. No.

This is the internet, where laws are made to be broken, you can say anything with impunity without fear of consequence. That is the way it'll always be.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Sep 11 2009, 06:32 PM) *
The question is fucking epic.

"Why is racism allowed?"

A. Yes.
B. No.

This is the internet, where laws are made to be broken, you can say anything with impunity without fear of consequence. That is the way it'll always be.

Yea, I changed my mind about what I was gonna post, I will change the title.
DuffMan
Because we believe people are allowed to say whatever they want. We always have done =/
The Awesome One
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 11 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Because we believe people are allowed to say whatever they want. We always have done =/

It still offends people. If im correct, you can go to court for it.
ViceMan
I don't take any offense whatsoever from anything anyone says on here, it doesn't affect my life at all. I just go along with the joke and maybe throw a few insults back for good measure (right GLC? wub.gif ) It's like the video game/real life argument, I know in real life not to go around stealing cars and blowing peoples head off at point blank range with an M4. Just as I know not to go around saying nigger all the time. And if you did that in real life you'd soon learn not to. E-life is very different to real life.

A word is a word, it's the connotations you put with them that give them their edge.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 11 2009, 01:52 PM) *
It still offends people.

Oh noes!
DuffMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 11 2009, 06:52 PM) *

Maybe you should actually ask the black people on this site if it really offends them. None of the ones I know of have complained.

...I should probably point out that it won't actually make a difference what they say. People here can say what they want. They have done for the last 6 years and they always will. If you're offended by it, look away.
Ex-PS Fanboy
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
ConQueSteD

Come on guys dis is some serious business![/SARCASM]

Nobody has complained yet except you.
ViceMan
*thinks this is the asylum*

I guess it is serious business really, but we - or at least I have never directed racism at anyone as if to single them out, I may join in with the jokes in the asylum but it's never said in a harmful way. (RIGHT GLC?!?!?! wub.gif)
TreeFitty
I pretty much agree with everyone who doesn't want to "remove" racism.

It's the internet. If you don't like it, GTFO. ViceMan said it right: they are just words.
Qdeathstar
I believe in freedom of speech.
TheAnalogKid2112
Well I don't mean a word of what I say when it comes to racist remarks, and I'm sure everybody else (except maybe Stoic) would say the same. Pull your panties out of your ass and just laugh with us. It's the Asylum, man. The main reason I'm on this forum is because of how much you can get away with. It's great to be able to say whatever the fuck you want, and I probably wouldn't have stayed around this long if it weren't this way.

DENIED!
Heartless
Hey, that kike Massacre posted. What's up my nigger?
Massacre
Shit, nigger, I'm just niggering up in my niggerhut, nigger. Nigger.
Heartless
Nigger is going crazy. Watch out, he'll burn down the trailer court like Little Richie. Whoop whoop, nigger nigger, whoop whoop. Someone order up some buckets of fried chicken and orange soda, call up the hoodrats and get this niggerly party started.

Nigger.
Massacre
Shit, nigger, I can't be comin' to no niggerly parties, nigger. I gotsta pick mah niglets up from they nigger school. Save me sum dat chickin, though. Nigger.
trathen93
as much as some people would like to stop the racism, you cant . its easy to put rules in place, but for people to follow these rules 100%, isnt easy
Heartless
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Sep 11 2009, 07:19 PM) *
as much as some people would like to stop the racism, you cant . its easy to put rules in place, but for people to follow these rules 100%, isnt easy

OH shit it's one of them thar wetback spic looking motherfucker types. Someone needs to bathe his orange ass and set him straight back to the apple groves where his fruit picking self belongs.
trathen93
QUOTE (Heartless @ Sep 12 2009, 12:21 AM) *
OH shit it's one of them thar wetback spic looking motherfucker types. Someone needs to bathe his orange ass and set him straight back to the apple groves where his fruit picking self belongs.

im just saying that the racism is always going to be here, and even if rules are introduced, they wont mean shit. and honestly im racist anyway, so im just as bad as any1 else, im just tryin to make a point.
TheAnalogKid2112
Niggers' teeth, due to their dark skin pigmentation, are unusually white.
Massacre
It's not that they're actually white (not more so than anyone else's, anyway), it just looks that way by comparison.
ConQueSteD
Damn Niggas, be typin' Nigger everywhere.
Massacre
Who are the five oversensitive cunts that voted yes?
ConQueSteD
CC Ramzkilla the rest wouldn't say i voted Nay.
Massacre
I'm guessing the other three are Alex's multiple accounts.
Qdeathstar
You know, you still can't spam just because your trying to make a stupid point.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 11 2009, 05:15 PM) *
It's not that they're actually white (not more so than anyone else's, anyway), it just looks that way by comparison.

That's the point I was trying to make. The black skin makes the teeth look so much fucking whiter.

e.g.

Lmao, nigger.
Darth Sexy
You see, if we were as bad as CC was claiming, we'd currently be hunting down the 6 pussies who voted yes. I don't censor myself in RL, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be censored by a 15 year old nancy boy who needs his mummy to hold his hand on the internet.
Massacre
It's six now? Bunch of whiny bitches...
TreeFitty
In any case, cbc loses. We win. sleep.gif
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 11 2009, 12:52 PM) *

Who fuckin cares? You can't go through life living under a rock never being offended. Does it suck? Yeah, but thats life.

I have nothing against racism on here. Its just one person's opinion on another race.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 11 2009, 09:40 PM) *
You see, if we were as bad as CC was claiming, we'd currently be hunting down the 6 pussies who voted yes. I don't censor myself in RL, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be censored by a 15 year old nancy boy who needs his mummy to hold his hand on the internet.

clap.gif notworthy.gif
Tranque
I have to.

The Awesome One
Right on a serious note- Racism is wrong. Lets just all agree on that. I wouldnt of minded if when the site first launched. But there is more people here than ever, and you are bound to offend someone later. Hell, I dont like immeragation. Besides, we have little kids around. smile.gif
Tranque
I agree its bad. Same with homophobia.

That picture was made for this topic due to the laws and conventions of the United Nations Provision 110-20 Clause 20 Line 3 Detailing the counteracting of all statements with a statement of equal or opposite reaction.
TheAnalogKid2112
Don't get me wrong, man. I'm 100% against racism. (Severe racism. I'm racist in the sense of getting pissed at a black guy for acting like a nigger, a stereotypical Mexican, etc. The obnoxious ones who make racists what they are.) Just want to put that out there. I have personal friends of all races.
Darth Sexy
If you're offended by our jokes (which they are, I don't give a shit what race you are in RL, I'll still probably hate you) the easy solution is to simply fuck off and stop trying to ruin the fun for everyone else.
RamzKilla
I actually voted no.

"Why is racism allowed?"

A. Yes.
B. No.

cuz that was the poll when i voted
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 12 2009, 02:04 AM) *
Besides, we have little kids around. smile.gif

If they are playing GTA, racism shouldn't be a problem. derrr.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 12 2009, 07:04 AM) *
Right on a serious note- Racism is wrong. Lets just all agree on that. I wouldnt of minded if when the site first launched. But there is more people here than ever, and you are bound to offend someone later. Hell, I dont like immeragation. Besides, we have little kids around. smile.gif

I'm sorry, what? You've been here six months and think you know anything about the site's history? You don't have a clue.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 12 2009, 01:29 AM) *
Who are the five oversensitive cunts that voted yes?

I voted yes when the question was still "why is racism allowed?".

Then some hatin' ass muh'fucka changed it.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 12 2009, 12:28 PM) *

I'm sorry, what? You've been here six months and think you know anything about the site's history? You don't have a clue.

I have said before, I used to scroll through these forums before I joined. I looked through the San Andreas forum, and the gta4.tv one when it started. Just to let you know, this forum is viewable to everyone. You dont have a clue.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 12 2009, 07:07 PM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 12 2009, 12:28 PM) *

I have said before, I used to scroll through these forums before I joined. I looked through the San Andreas forum, and the gta4.tv one when it started. Just to let you know, this forum is viewable to everyone. You dont have a clue.

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't spend the last couple of months helping set the place up at all.

Since you've run out of points to make, I'm just going to close this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.