Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Game Ever
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
DiO
What do you think are the best games ever. I was just playing Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina of time. My bro bought a N64 for old time sake. Those games are timeless.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I love my N64. It's just plauged with problems now and freezes all the time.

Anyway. I'd have to cast my vote for GTA:SA or LBP.
ConQueSteD
Grand Theft Auto Series is in my Top, i can never just chose one damn game..
TheAnalogKid2112
As strange as a choice this may be, I can't help but choosing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It's just such a masterpiece. From the graphics, to the movie-quality acting/cutscenes, to the subtle yet incredible soundtrack that fits the game perfectly, the game is just perfect to me. Such good flow to it, too.
DuPz0r
MGS4 And the GTA series. Obvious winners.
ConQueSteD
I think MW2 might make the Top 2 but nothing will overtake the GTA series from me. Unless they get sold out and then turned to shit. then i'll cry and kill myself.
RamzKilla
GTA SA or FFVII
TheAnalogKid2112
Holy shit, fuck my choice. I forgot about Fallout 3. Fallout 3 will forever reign as best game EVAH
PabloHoneyOle
Fallout 3, hands fucking down.
GLC
I can only agree, Fallout 3.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Yeah Fallout 3 is definatly up there. Maybe oblivion series as well.
Pieface
Yeah Fallout 3 is up there near the top. But CoD4 is at the very top for me at the moment.
RamzKilla
QUOTE (Pieface @ Sep 11 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Yeah Fallout 3 is up there near the top. But CoD4 is at the very top for me at the moment.

Cod4 is my favorite game outta all the cod games there is.
bOnEs
mario 64, conker's bad fur day, fallout 3, goldeneye007, and GTAIV...

i can't pick which is the best out of that list but, those are my all-time favorite games...
HB~Sauce
For the ps3 I'd say I've enjoyed GTA IV the most out of any game that I currently have, then for retro I'd say Super Smash Bros. for the N64. It's so simple yet complex at the same time, it's a staple on my dorm's floor.
ViceMan
Hmm, hard to say, I can give you a short list:

Grim Fandango
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Day of the Tentacle
GTA: San Andreas
Command and Conquer: Red Alert
Age of Empires II
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

In terms of proliferation it has to be The Sims.
DuffMan
GTA: San Andreas was pretty special. No one can disagree with that.
Pieface
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 11 2009, 07:25 PM) *
GTA: San Andreas was pretty special. No one can disagree with that.

Vice City > SA
Massacre
QUOTE (Pieface @ Sep 11 2009, 02:37 PM) *
Vice City > SA

I love Vice City.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 11 2009, 11:49 AM) *
mario 64, conker's bad fur day, fallout 3, goldeneye007, and GTAIV...

Ditto.

Also, Toe Jam and Earl for SEGA.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 11 2009, 07:50 PM) *
I love Vice City.

Same here, VC will always be my favourite GTA game - the atmosphere, music and dialogue brought the whole thing together. But it's only logical that SA gets the best game prize, it's got tonnes more content. Although the story did get a bit silly after leaving San Fierro.
Massacre
I think VC deserves extra praise for being a great game that Rockstar threw together in only nine months.

We can only imagine what could have been if they'd spent as much time on it as SA or IV.
PabloHoneyOle
Vice City IS pretty awesome. Anyone know how the Xbox version plays on the 360?
DiO
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 10 2009, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 11 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Yeah Fallout 3 is definatly up there. Maybe oblivion series as well.

Good lord, the tool shed didn't say armored core.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 11 2009, 04:33 PM) *
Good lord, the tool shed didn't say armored core.

i actually thought he did... when i saw his post, i thought i saw ACFA in there... i guess i was wrong...
OptimumPx
For me I'd have to go with Fallout 3.
The Awesome One
Not, a GTA game? Hmm, L4D then.
ViceMan
*copy/pastes post from the other best game topic and removes all references to GTA:SA*

Hmm, hard to say, I can give you a short list:

Grim Fandango
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Day of the Tentacle
GTA: San Andreas
Command and Conquer: Red Alert
Age of Empires II
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

In terms of proliferation it has to be The Sims.
DiO
http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=793743

Fag.

Didn't see your topic tbh. Merged them together.
-OPX

wub.gif
The Awesome One
Ive another. Halo, defo.
Zacko
San Andreas. Spent hundreds of hours playing that game, mainly on SAMP - just a fucking masterpiece
trathen93
have to choose vice city. i still play this on my laptop, I emptied the battery on this thing when playing it on the train once.
anomalous_result
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Sep 11 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Grim Fandango

This. No questions asked. The characters, music, cinematic scope and epic story arc combined with fantastic dry wit just made it. Take this as an example, the lead character Manuel 'Manny' Calavera is chatting with a mortician and wonders how he can do his job:

Manny: How do you do this job?
Membrillo: Without becoming jaded, you mean? My secret to happiness, Manuel, is that I have the heart of a twelve-year-old boy. I keep it over here in a jar. Would you like to see it?

Love the bone wagon music too.
Benzilla
As far as campaign's go, I really would have to say Halo 3 and COD 4 - but their multiplayer lacked. As far as an overall favourite game it would probably be one of the early Slinter Cell's for the PS2.
DiO
QUOTE (Benzilla @ Sep 20 2009, 05:19 AM) *
As far as campaign's go, I really would have to say Halo 3 and COD 4 - but their multiplayer lacked. As far as an overall favourite game it would probably be one of the early Slinter Cell's for the PS2.

The fuck? lol. I heard Halo 3 had shit campaign and amazing multi-player. And C0D4 definitively have amazing multi-player.
Handsome B Wonderful
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time. Killer score (karl sanders ftw), and really immersive.

other favs
VC
IV
FFVII
Mass Effect
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 11 2009, 02:07 AM) *

Name your exact problems. ill figure out how you can fix it.

Fixed up tonnes of the fuckers earlier this year
Tranque
Silent Hill 1 2 or 3 biggrin.gif
DonkeyTits
Goldeneye 64
Mario Kart 64
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Fallout 3
Team Fortress 2
§ynch
QUOTE (Tranque @ Sep 28 2009, 12:16 PM) *
Silent Hill 1 2 or 3 biggrin.gif

Loved 1, 2, and 3, especially 2. I also played through 4, the room.
Outstanding horror, and puzzle quality. I could go into detail, they were so good...
Got the soundtrack albums as well, you gotta love Akira Yamaoka.

Right now I like Fallout 3, for best game ever.
I've been re-playing, more than any other GTA so far.
And I play through the various GTA Games a lot.
So there it is, I endorse Bethesda's Fallout 3.
Swiift
GTA IV
GTA: SA
CoD WaW
CoD 4
And Hopefull CoD MW2
trathen93
as much as people say, COD 4 or gta 4 is the best, im not too sure. ok, they are extremely good games. but they're only the best out now. to define the best game ever is too hard. it needs to be narrowed down, maybe the best selling games or the one that you have been totally fixed on since in come out.
I personally love gta 4 but its not the best game ever. it had too many things missing and didnt improve on san andreas on gameplay elements.
if i had to vote it would be GTA3 or another game that pushed the boundaries.
MattyDienhoff
QUOTE (Niko Vance @ Oct 18 2009, 11:47 PM) *
GTA IV
GTA: SA
CoD WaW
CoD 4
And Hopefull CoD MW2

Oh please. Calling any Call of Duty game "the best game ever" is incredibly short-sighted. It may be a solid series with high production values, but the individual games are a bit hit and miss depending on who develops them, and even in the best games of the series (i.e. those developed by Infinity Ward) the single player campaigns are extremely linear and so have very little replay value, and their multiplayer modes, while somewhat addicting, are hardly unique. The Call of Duty formula is just an on-rails ride from set-piece to explosive set-piece, and each subsequent game is just a new coat of paint and a few new features tacked on here and there. Sure they're fun, but to name a Call of Duty game the best game ever is tantamount to naming a Transformers film the best cinema has to offer.
The Awesome One
GTA:Episodes of Liberty City. Game of the year IMO.
TreeFitty
Pong. sleep.gif
DANNY B0Y
The GTA series. It's probably the sole reason R* earns shitloads every year.

Saint's Row series is pretty good, the only problem is that the structure of it is a wannabe of GTA. But at least the storyline is the same in both - take over all the gangs and rule Stilwater.

SR is another moneymaker for THQ and Volition Inc.
MattyDienhoff
Deus Ex is the best game ever in my opinion.
Matcayn
Fallout 3 and its add-on Point Lookout totally rock
Ex-PS Fanboy
I think I have to say San Andreas. I played it yesterday and forgot about how epically-awesome it is.
trathen93
i want to throw super mario in to the mix, along with a lot of the other nintendo games. they're classic, exciting games that have adjusted and continued to thrive in the gaming world. they have to be among the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.