Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broaden Your Music Horizons Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Hardcore Ottoman
Okay, basically, I suggest a band and possibly post a link to hear some of their songs. The next person doesn't have to comment on anyone's suggestions but I'm hoping they might.

Harvey Milk. Yes, they are named after that gay supervisor dude. No, they didn't do it to sound clever. They play straight-rocking music a la ZZ Top (just kidding). Their music can be a little over the place.

http://www.last.fm/music/Harvey+Milk/_/Sun...e+Sun?autostart

This is the heavy side of Harvey Milk, they have more vocal music though.
TheAnalogKid2112
Great idea for a topic. I'll give that Harvey Milk band a listen and get back to ya.

For my post, I'm gonna have to recommend Dark Angel. Fantastic thrash metal. Not your average thrash band, though. They have a lot of very technical riffs and lengthy songs. Lots of tempo changes too. EXCELLENT guitars and AMAZING drums. Gene Hoglan is the drummer for this band, so you KNOW it's going to be awesome. I recommend their album "Darkness Descends"

Hmm.. Okay, I found a playlist with I think all of the songs.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C7...rkness+descends
I know there's 91 songs in the playlist, but listen to the ones with the Darkness Descends album cover. The title track, Darkness Descends, is on the top. You can start with that, and take it from there.

In the time it took me to write up this waste of time of a post, I listened to your song, punxtr. That was utter shit. Just my opinion, though. Don't know if my speakers were blown out, or if that monotone shite was the song. That's not what I would call music. Least I gave it a shot.
Heartless
If you hadn't heard TSOL before, you can't say you listen to Punk Music.

ThePaleOgre
QUOTE (Heartless @ Sep 10 2009, 09:21 PM) *
If you hadn't heard TSOL before, you can't say you listen to Punk Music.

I listen to some punk but Ive never heard of this. I like it!

Heres some stuff

Angelspit
http://www.myspace.com/angelspitmusic

Hanzel und Gretyl

Gogol Bordello

Busdriver

Battles

The Restarts
http://www.myspace.com/therestarts

Oxymoron
http://www.myspace.com/oxymoron01

Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 10 2009, 06:56 PM) *
In the time it took me to write up this waste of time of a post, I listened to your song, punxtr. That was utter shit. Just my opinion, though. Don't know if my speakers were blown out, or if that monotone shite was the song. That's not what I would call music. Least I gave it a shot.

It's heavy you fiend. tongue.gif It's chuggy and heavy. No solo riffage or anything like that. You should try it in a good stereo full blast. It's head bangable like crazy.

Dark Angel is hardly unknown, they fucking rule.

Also, I forgot to mention: one band at a time please. Most people are turned off when someone posts three or more bands with no description/explanation of them. Thanks.

TSOL I never liked. I didn't listen to straight punk but rather pop punk and punk metal and ska punk.
Heartless
For those of you who reject the sound popularized by the Buzzcocks, I give you:
Ivy Green, Dutch Punk.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (punxtr @ Sep 11 2009, 03:42 PM) *
It's heavy you fiend. tongue.gif It's chuggy and heavy. No solo riffage or anything like that. You should try it in a good stereo full blast. It's head bangable like crazy.

Bleh. Hate chuggy shit in songs. No riffs at all either. lol

QUOTE (punxtr @ Sep 11 2009, 03:42 PM) *
Dark Angel is hardly unknown, they fucking rule.

Just trying to turn as many people onto them as possible.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Heartless @ Sep 11 2009, 06:50 PM) *
For those of you who reject the sound popularized by the Buzzcocks, I give you:
Ivy Green, Dutch Punk.

Much better, I like the sloppy vocals. Wouldn't listen to them unless I was skating again though--this music is perfect actually.
Heartless
I've been trying to find some of their material - drop me a line if you find any.
Hardcore Ottoman
Will do whenever I can.
Tranque
I'm going to flee from this topic as suggesting Kylie Minogue or Madonna might make everyone pull out the pitchforks and torches. XD.png
Massacre
I pulled something out last time I saw Kylie Minogue.
The Awesome One
I like to think of this as metal/rap. You may of heard this before if you live in Britain.
Heartless
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 03:01 AM) *
I like to think of this as metal/rap. You may of heard this before if you live in Britain.

All I could think of when I heard it:

ViceMan
Eh, check my first post in the hip-hop topic if you think you know rap.

And Madness is ska pop.
Indy
This guy got me interested in classical
Mattay
This band isn't really new but it is an interesting genre: country metal. Including a couple of highly respected musicians, the legendary Dimebag Darrel of Pantera, and David Allen Coe, a well respected country musician. They come together to form "Rebel Meets Rebel."

Get Outta My Life - Rebel Meets Rebel.

PabloHoneyOle
Tolerable Lady Gaga Cover.
Hardcore Ottoman
In response to country metal, try avant-garde nursery rhyme with country breakdown:

The song file skips, whoever uploaded it... it doesn't ruin it too much I guess. Fast-forward to 5:22 for the country part.
Heartless
Voltaire:

Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Mattay @ Sep 30 2009, 04:06 AM) *
This band isn't really new but it is an interesting genre: country metal. Including a couple of highly respected musicians, the legendary Dimebag Darrel of Pantera, and David Allen Coe, a well respected country musician. They come together to form "Rebel Meets Rebel."

Get Outta My Life - Rebel Meets Rebel.

Ha. That album was very hit and miss, if I recall correctly. Been ages since I listened to it, but I think Nothin' To Lose was pretty good too.
River
River
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (River @ Dec 10 2009, 09:14 PM) *

NO! Get out of this thread...

Guys, check out Fennesz. Treated guitars + noisescapes = atmosphere. Yeah, get high to it...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (punxtr @ Jan 7 2010, 08:58 PM) *
QUOTE (River @ Dec 10 2009, 09:14 PM) *

NO! Get out of this thread...

Guys, check out Fennesz. Treated guitars + noisescapes = atmosphere. Yeah, get high to it...

Easy-E is one of the few great rappers to ever exist.

Probably the only Techno song I like. I know of it from Burnout: Revenge
Hardcore Ottoman
The point of this topic is to broaden horizons, not mention the greatest of greats. But, yeah, all entries appreciated I guess. I don't like that song though.

ViceMan
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Jan 8 2010, 02:13 AM) *

I wouldn't say Eazy's that great, he's alright. He just started rapping at a time when it wasn't normal for every talentless cunt to make it big. Back then you had to have an ounce of credibility to make it, unlike today where anyone can release a shitty album and become a billionaire, which is why I have a slight bit of respect for him and Snoop.

Two albums worth checking out

Goretex - The Art of Dying
La Coka Nostra - A Brand You Can Trust
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 8 2010, 07:30 AM) *
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Jan 8 2010, 02:13 AM) *

I wouldn't say Eazy's that great, he's alright. He just started rapping at a time when it wasn't normal for every talentless cunt to make it big. Back then you had to have an ounce of credibility to make it, unlike today where anyone can release a shitty album and become a billionaire, which is why I have a slight bit of respect for him and Snoop.

Two albums worth checking out

That's why I like him, plus I like his music. I'll listen to pretty much any rapper from the 80's-early 90's era. A lot of the songs on Radio Los Santos are my favorites.

Anyway, I say for those of you who haven't give Cage the Elephant a listen. I have to say they're one of the few non-metal bands I like.
Hardcore Ottoman

Could you explain a little bit about them for us? (Sell us on them, so to say)?
ViceMan
QUOTE (punxtr @ Jan 8 2010, 11:02 PM) *

Could you explain a little bit about them for us? (Sell us on them, so to say)?

Goretex is a horrorcore rapper formerly associated with Non Phixion and Necro, he released one album while part of Non Phixion in 2004. After the group disbanded he severed ties with Psycho+Logical+Records (Necro's label) and hasn't released anything since.

LCN: Rap group that formed in 2006 and has released one album so far along with numerous mixtapes, probably the time i've seen both Snoop Dogg and Immortal Technique as guest artists on the same album:

Hardcore Ottoman
^Thanks.

Beak> has the DJ who started Portishead if anyone likes them. This album was done in 12 days with no overdubs at all. Strictly edited for track arrangements. Very nice stuff.
Spoiler
^too consistent, i dont know. but the tune never change to progress as a song. not music expat but IMO.

may be old news. he doesn't have any label and releasing his songs free on the net plus u can remix it as u like and send it back to him.

Juice
^ That's some good stuff. It's not something I'd listen to in my spare time, but it's good music.

Perfect music to listen to when on MDMA:

Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff
Basic Perspective - Small Step on the Other Side
Eric Prydz - Shadows

Perfect music to listen to when coming down off MDMA:
Arnej - The Beauty That Lies Behind Those Green Eyes
Heartless
LOL. Juice only posts on MLK day.
Spoiler
QUOTE (Juice @ Jan 18 2010, 08:16 PM) *
^ That's some good stuff. It's not something I'd listen to in my spare time, but it's good music.

Perfect music to listen to when on MDMA:

Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff
Basic Perspective - Small Step on the Other Side
Eric Prydz - Shadows

Perfect music to listen to when coming down off MDMA:
Arnej - The Beauty That Lies Behind Those Green Eyes

i am glad that someone like it.

yours sound great too but i can't listen to these all the time and feeling like in a club, craving for alcohol and chicks. lol that's just me but one of my friends like these musics though and he listens to them all day long.
Spoiler
how about these guys? anybody like them?

demon
I know of an more or less unknown rock artist with the name Alicia Marie (California). She's good and you should take a listen to one or two of her songs if you like that type of music.

I did find this on YouTube, it's a song mixed with nice photos by a fan:

This is her MySpace page, usually you can stream some of her songs there: Alicia Marie.

She's mainly a live artist and she sells her albums only on a special web page (link on Myspace).

Ex-PS Fanboy
I've been listening to a lot of different music lately. Most notably techno (preferably trance)

I heard this guy on Midnight club 2 and I looked up more of his songs, so far I haven't found a song of his I didn't like. Any of the brain songs are good, but some of them are by Frank D. Noise and others are by Micheal Da Brain....? Whatever, just look up Brain "x" and you'll find it.

Hardcore Ottoman
Okay-ish. I get burned out on trance pretty quickly because I don't dance tongue.gif

http://www.myspace.com/uralumbo

The song I really want you to hear is Theme Of The Paranormal Feedback. Since I doubt anyone here will take the music seriously, just listen to it stoned if it helps. Listen to it on max volume for max pleasure.
Spoiler
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 21 2010, 08:27 PM) *
I know of an more or less unknown rock artist with the name Alicia Marie (California). She's good and you should take a listen to one or two of her songs if you like that type of music.

I did find this on YouTube, it's a song mixed with nice photos by a fan:

This is her MySpace page, usually you can stream some of her songs there: Alicia Marie.

She's mainly a live artist and she sells her albums only on a special web page (link on Myspace).

love the song, she sounds a bit like Avril Lavigne though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.