Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gran Turismo 5
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
DuPz0r
Yeah, I'm happy to see that they moved the release date forward instead of back for a change. Let's see if the wait was worth it!
Marney1
*Doesn't read any posts*

Is there real time damage to vehicles? If there isn't I'm not getting it.
DuPz0r
Yes.

But not as detailed as Burnout Paradise. But it looks good the way it is considering it's Gran Turismo.
Marney1
Cheers DuPz0r! That's good enough for me. smile.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Nov 14 2010, 09:19 AM) *
Yeah, I'm happy to see that they moved the release date forward instead of back for a change. Let's see if the wait was worth it!

yeah! the only thing im worried about now is that my final exams start the 29th.... unsure.gif

im screwed
mellow.gif
DuPz0r
I'm screwed atm. Been playing more black-ops than doing my coursework. I have a deadline tomorrow and have only a couple of things finished!
Pieface
Pre-ordered it today. Just need to hook up my PS3 with my PC monitor, and my Logitech G25 to my PS3.

So expect me to be online for a change on my PS3.
asthenia
fffffnggggguuuuunnngggghhhh

Furthermore. Not spam. My review.
Kamahl
I NEED THIS NOW!

I want the collectors edition but i think i wont be able to get it =/
Pieface
Got it today. In 1080p with my Logitech G25 it's awesome.
PabloHoneyOle
I heard the dog graphics were absolute shite.

Plus, I detest REALISTIC racing games.
bOnEs
i'd be all over this if i liked racing games... it was already anointed the greatest racing game ever by the internet, months before it came out so it has to be the best ever, right?? after playing midnight club LA for about 6 hours about 2 years ago i came to the stunning conclusion that i just don't like racing games anymore... i got bored of racing against other racers... i probably spent 4 of the 6 hours customizing my rides...

as realistic as this game looks, i know i'll get bored of it probably a lot quicker than i did with midnight club LA because, i can't trick out my ride with slick decals and vinyls... plus i hate the look of the european sports cars, which are probably 80% of the available rides in GT5... yea, i'll pass on this one...
Marney1
Anyone know if this is on the Wii? If it is I might get it for one of my bro's as a Christmas present, he's got a gay Wii for some reason.
bOnEs
this game is only on the playstation... get him mario kart or something...
Kamahl
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Nov 24 2010, 12:18 PM) *
i'd be all over this if i liked racing games... it was already anointed the greatest racing game ever by the internet, months before it came out so it has to be the best ever, right?? after playing midnight club LA for about 6 hours about 2 years ago i came to the stunning conclusion that i just don't like racing games anymore... i got bored of racing against other racers... i probably spent 4 of the 6 hours customizing my rides...

as realistic as this game looks, i know i'll get bored of it probably a lot quicker than i did with midnight club LA because, i can't trick out my ride with slick decals and vinyls... plus i hate the look of the european sports cars, which are probably 80% of the available rides in GT5... yea, i'll pass on this one...

i honestly dont know why you think that... more like 80% japanese...
bOnEs
i think that's because i didn't actually do any research... but after looking at a google search of japanese sports cars, i can honestly say they look a lot better than the eurpoean ones... still, that doesn't sway my vote to get this... i still get bored with racing games no matter what car it is...

is it a crime that i am a guy that doesn't give a shit about rides?? i hate getting into car conversations with guys... they consider that to be an ice-breaker style of conversation but, i just stand there and nod because i have no clue what they're talking about...
Pieface
bOnEs. You just must not be a real man.
bOnEs
i'm not... i am in the infant stages of ghoulification...
asthenia
I'm a ghoulie racer. I typed raver first ... I'm that also. I'm a ghoulie raver racer.

Fuckin' wins, yo
Massacre
QUOTE (Pieface @ Nov 24 2010, 03:05 PM) *
bOnEs. You just must not be a real man.

Car knowledge doesn't make you a man. For instance, you have car knowledge.

Defeat bOnEs in a machete duel, then we'll see which if you is a man.
Pieface
Just give me a Machete and a flight ticket.
bOnEs

and...

sorry, you'll have to find a way to singapore... i can't afford that part...
asthenia
I wanna see "Match-etteh"
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieface @ Nov 24 2010, 11:13 PM) *
Just give me a Machete and a flight ticket.

Pieface: Please stay on topic or take 3 days off.
Pieface
Coming from someone who asks if a Sony game is coming on the Wii? Seriously?
Kamahl
FUCK, the game was supposed to be available today!!! now they are telling me they THINK theyll get it tomorrow in the afternoon, and theres a chance it wont be available until saturday...

this screwed my plans of playing for 2 days and then studying for my finals =/ (now there will be less time for studying lol)
Pieface
Or study for your finals now, when you get it have 2 days off?
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieface @ Nov 26 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Coming from someone who asks if a Sony game is coming on the Wii? Seriously?

It's a SONY game? Coool!
DuPz0r
I picked this up on release. What is b-spec like, i haven't had a chance to sit and play it yet? sounds kind of boring, like those football manager games. I finished the first cup yesterday and unlocked the Go-Kart. It's well fun lol. I can't wait until i start buying all the epic fast cars!
Pieface
Not tried b-spec out. Didn't even look at what it was. But I've bought a Holden (Vauxhall) Monaro, and got it up to 600bhp at the moment.
Kamahl
QUOTE (Pieface @ Nov 26 2010, 11:46 AM) *
Or study for your finals now, when you get it have 2 days off?

that wont happen now... i got the game like 5 hours ago

i started with a 98 civic type r and got the b license with 8 golds and 2 silvers (was gonna get all golds but i got bored of trying), also did a couple of special events and bought a '70 challenger R/T
DuPz0r
Do you guys wanna start trading? Me and a friend have been helping each other out with cars we need for certain races. We've lent each other cars via gifts done the races and then gave them back. we've all known each other a long time, so i guess we can trust each other with oour cars. anyone want to try this? what car/s are you in need of?

Also can you sell cars to friends because i really want the BMW 2002 turbo?
Edgecrusher
Just picked this up today for 30, I haven't had a chance to play it yet though because the kids are watching In The Night Garden. rolleyes.gif
asthenia
I got my '96 C4 Corvette up to about 660bhp and won the Gran Turismo Championship with it. About time to buy a new car though...
Marney1
Beep beep!! Vroooooooooommmm Just got this! biggrin.gif

Edit: Hey DuPz0r I might be up for some gifts and buying/selling vehicles just as soon as I've got to grips with the navigation screen. Why they couldn't just make it simple instead of trying to be smart asses I don't know. mad.gif
DuPz0r
I just got my Super License today, and I've unlocked the extreme series of racing. So I'm going to be playing more of this game ftw.

Anyone notice the new online dealership and seasonal events?
Edgecrusher
Yeah, 600mb patch. I think they're time limited.
DuPz0r
Well doesn't look like I'm going to afford any of the expensive online cars any time soon. Unless anyone knows any quick money farming techniques on GT5?
Marney1
Anyone know if you can race the TopGear 'Reasonably priced car' round the test track? I'd love to see what time I get.......those VW campers are f**cking slooooooow.
DuPz0r
You unlock the 'Top Gear Test Track' if you get Gold in the 'Beginner' 'Special Event', so you can drive any car around it in practice mode. Just buy the reasonably priced car or something with a similar bhp and test yourself... Is it the Kia cee'd? i can't remember.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 1 2011, 07:16 PM) *
You unlock the 'Top Gear Test Track' if you get Gold in the 'Beginner' 'Special Event', so you can drive any car around it in practice mode. Just buy the reasonably priced car or something with a similar bhp and test yourself... Is it the Kia cee'd? i can't remember.

I think it used to be the Kia but now it's the Suzuki Liana (?)
DuPz0r
Ah ok. Is that car on GT5's New car dealership?
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 1 2011, 08:29 PM) *
Ah ok. Is that car on GT5's New car dealership?

Not sure but I'm about to throw my controller through the TV, just can't come 5th in the TopGear race (Elise). angry.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 1 2011, 02:43 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 1 2011, 07:16 PM) *

I think it used to be the Kia but now it's the Suzuki Liana (?)

nope... the liana was the first reasonably priced car... then it was the chevrolet lacetti and now it is the kia cee'd.

None of these are available in GT5...
DuPz0r
Cheers Kamahl. I guess that answers your question then Marney. You'll have to find a car with similar specs then...
Marney1
Enjoyed 'learning' how multiplayer works, dunno about Kamahl but DuPz0r, Fanboy and myself where trying it for the first time. I'm sure we'll figure it all out soon and start having some intense races! scooter.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 1 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Enjoyed 'learning' how multiplayer works, dunno about Kamahl but DuPz0r, Fanboy and myself where trying it for the first time. I'm sure we'll figure it all out soon and start having some intense races! scooter.gif

i was trying it for the first time as well (even though i got the game over a month ago), i thought it worked pretty well but i need a mic or something... i use a wheel and using the wheels buttons to chat is too annoying and slow.
Marney1
I need to re-sync my mic, I lost everything (well most) when that leap year glitch happened.
DuPz0r
Yeah had a good session yesterday. i think we should race each other around the top gear test track next time if it's possible!

I think it was PS-Fanboy who asked what the difference was between BHP and HP last night. HP is the power in the engine, and BHP is what it actually develops to the wheels. It's only slightly different.
DuPz0r
The Lancia STRATOS '77 rally car popped up in my used car dealership today, which is a shame because i want it but it costs 4,945,050 credits! I've missed some pretty nice gems in there so far.

Anyone else missed any decent cars due to lack of funds? If so what car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.