Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gran Turismo 5
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ViceMan
Anyone getting this? It's supposed to released around christmas. There was a trailer released some time ago showing the new collision damage.

Trailer

Looks pretty nice.
The Awesome One
I dunno what to get. Forza for my xbox, or GT for my PS3. They both seem the same, and im leaning towards the xbox as I prefer the controller.
Kamahl
i cant wait for it smile.gif

i loved GT5 P and im sure ill love this
RamzKilla
I got GT P , and I am definately buying this the first day it comes out. I have loved the GT series since the original on PS1.
ConQueSteD
I'll probably get this game in a few months after it comes out and the price drops.
GLC
Hmmm, looks nice. Not something I'll be rushing to pick up on release date, but I will most likely get it eventually.
DiO
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 10 2009, 04:55 PM) *
I dunno what to get. Forza for my xbox, or GT for my PS3. They both seem the same, and im leaning towards the xbox as I prefer the controller.

Pretty sure GT5 will blow Forza out of the fucking water. Wait for review I suppose.
trathen93
gt5 looks epic. for the amount of time its taken, it should be. but im not goin to rush out like ppl have said. price drop first please. i still feel dirty for paying 25 for prologue.
TheAnalogKid2112
Now that I'm playing on a big HD set, I'll probably buy or rent this just for the fantastic visuals.
Massacre
How many years ago did they first announce this?
TheAnalogKid2112
I'd say two? Possibly three. I think it may have been one of the debut titles that they were pushing for people to get the PS3 on release.
trathen93
this was meant to be a launch title, but it didnt happen. someone told me that they rebuilt the game as they were unhappy with it the first time. whatever way you look at it, its taken too long. i hope it is as good as its meant to be.
DonkeyTits
Agreed. I have been waiting for this game for several years. When they released Prologue I was simply confused. This may be the excuse I've been waiting for to buy a PS3.
Kamahl
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Sep 14 2009, 05:32 PM) *
this was meant to be a launch title, but it didnt happen. someone told me that they rebuilt the game as they were unhappy with it the first time. whatever way you look at it, its taken too long. i hope it is as good as its meant to be.

Not really, the game that was supposed to be launched long ago was Vision Gran Turismo, a game that would come with just a few cars and you would have to pay for new cars... No one liked the idea and it got cancelled. And im not sure if that was gonna be a launch title... i think not.
Caliph
I'm definitely considering to purchase Gran Turismo 5. It's the best car driving simulator in the market so far, although I would also save my money on Test Drive Unlimited II, once it is announced.
DuPz0r
I've always enjoyed track racing and collecting my cash up from won races to buy better and more powerful cars. Gran Turismo is the best in terms of tracks and vehicles. They always have a massive selection of cars, and the tracks look almost exactly the same as the real thing. I love the new in-car view. I spent my time on GT5-P driving with the in-car view.
anomalous_result
Spent far too long playing the previous titles on friends' consoles so will certainly end up playing this at some point. the problem I see is that Forza has really stepped up and I just can't help but think Polyphony et al may have been resting on their laurels and tweaking it beyond goodness... as the game creator said in June "We've actually reached a point where we can probably release it anytime, except that you can also keep working as long as you want to as well"

As long as it's not just a shinier GT4 I'll be happy.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Sep 18 2009, 12:29 PM) *
Spent far too long playing the previous titles on friends' consoles so will certainly end up playing this at some point. the problem I see is that Forza has really stepped up and I just can't help but think Polyphony et al may have been resting on their laurels and tweaking it beyond goodness... as the game creator said in June "We've actually reached a point where we can probably release it anytime, except that you can also keep working as long as you want to as well"

Watch the trailer, play prologue. It definitely isn't a shinier a GT4.
Caliph
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Sep 18 2009, 02:29 PM) *

The best thing to do is wait for both games to come out and then you can decide. smile.gif
DonkeyTits
My small dilemma with the GT games: I always produced faster lap times driving in the cockpit view, but I enjoyed driving in the behind-car view (looked better)
DuPz0r
Same here. I like seeing the cars i am driving, so third person view is my favorite. But i found myself getting better and winning more races with the in-car view. And ended up completing prologue this way...
trathen93
I love the in car view on games, its the best view to make you feel like your in the game. would have loved it in GTA IV.
DiO
I want to get that hardcore race wheel and GT5. That would be fucking amazing. Too bad I don't have money.
anomalous_result
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 18 2009, 01:39 PM) *
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Sep 18 2009, 12:29 PM) *

Watch the trailer, play prologue. It definitely isn't a shinier a GT4.

Done both but am trying to reserve judgment until I play the actual game.
DuPz0r
I think the final game will look much better tbh. It has been two years since Prologue. Now they've got all sort of race types. And did someone say they finally have damage?
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 20 2009, 09:39 AM) *
I think the final game will look much better tbh. It has been two years since Prologue. Now they've got all sort of race types. And did someone say they finally have damage?

Yup, it's in the trailer.
DuPz0r
Yeah i think i recall an Impreza in the WRC with a broken bonnet. But that is the only sign of damage i saw on the trailer. It might only be on Rally events.
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 20 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Yeah i think i recall an Impreza in the WRC with a broken bonnet. But that is the only sign of damage i saw on the trailer. It might only be on Rally events.

That wouldn't make sense.
DonkeyTits
The subaru with the busted hood was racing on asphalt. There's damage in every class. I just hope they finally have good sound. I've always thought the sounds (primarily the engine/exhaust notes) have sounded very unrealistic, in every Gran Turismo game.
DiO
QUOTE (DonkeyTits @ Sep 20 2009, 11:59 PM) *
The subaru with the busted hood was racing on asphalt. There's damage in every class. I just hope they finally have good sound. I've always thought the sounds (primarily the engine/exhaust notes) have sounded very unrealistic, in every Gran Turismo game.

Especially with the muscle cars.
trathen93
if theres WRC cars on this game does it mean theres rally tracks, because on arcade mode i'd love to be able to take a low sports car on a dirt track.
DonkeyTits
The game has only allowed proper rally cars to be driven on the rally courses.
DiO
They take pride in being realistic.
ViceMan
The Japanese release date has been announced as March 2010. So i'd expect it for EU and US a few weeks/months afterwards.

Linky
Kamahl
new screens... they are huge...

Marney1
Always liked Gran Turismo except for the unrealistic, unscratchable invincibility of the vehicles but if they can now suffer damage then it'll be on my 'to buy' list.
trathen93
the newer screenshots are amazing. they look so much better than the older ones.
play.com list this as coming out on 04/12/2009. so i dont know how the japan date is march 2010.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Sep 28 2009, 11:54 PM) *

Reventon. drool.gif

(I actually don't like Lambos.)
Ex-PS Fanboy
Well I don't know about you guys, but I got Gran Turismo PSP the other day. It's pretty good. Everythong you'd expect from a GT game (mainly because all the courses are ones from older GTs. The only two things I don't like are the sub-GT3 graphics, and a lack of a simulator mode.
RamzKilla
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Oct 8 2009, 11:19 AM) *
Well I don't know about you guys, but I got Gran Turismo PSP the other day. It's pretty good. Everythong you'd expect from a GT game (mainly because all the courses are ones from older GTs. The only two things I don't like are the sub-GT3 graphics, and a lack of a simulator mode.

Yea I got GT Mobile too and its on some bullshit it has no simulator mode!! Its like all arcade sad.gif and one other thing I don't like is that you can only buy from certain dealers every few days. :/ I played a 99 lap race and it took me like 5 days to finish. I finished it today because Chinatown Wars came out thumbup.gif
ViceMan
$60 million worth of GT5.

You could spend 50 million of that, for example, on two exclusive DLC packs and still have 10 million left over for scratching your arse with.
trathen93
OK, i feel that this needs a little update.

so, a real release date has been announced and this time it should stick and not be forced back (again) North america gets the game on the 2nd of november with the rest of the worlds dates to be announced.

And as we probably all know, World Rally Championship, NASCAR, and Super GT licenses will be featured for the first time in the Gran Turismo franchise
DuPz0r
I'm looking forward to this, it's been far too long since i played a proper GT game. I'm most interested in test driving all my top cars on the Top Gear test track!

but yeah, atleast there is now a set release date. Hopefully they'll stick to it, and hopefully it will be close for the rest of the world's release.
Kamahl
delayed......

=(
asthenia
It's no surprise...
bOnEs
this is the duke-nukem forever of racing games... i doubt it even makes the holiday release, which is going to hurt sony's chances of dominating this holiday season... this is basically the only game they have left for the holiday season...
DonkeyTits
Turns out the game's been designed to play in 3D!

I was initially going to buy a PS3 and small hd tv just for this game when it comes out. Now that I know I need a 3D tv to get the ultimate experience out of it, I've ditched the whole plan. I won't spend that much money on a 3D tv, but I also might not be able to play it if I know I'm not getting the full effect (non 3D tv)
DiO
QUOTE (DonkeyTits @ Nov 10 2010, 04:55 AM) *

I was initially going to buy a PS3 and small hd tv just for this game when it comes out. Now that I know I need a 3D tv to get the ultimate experience out of it, I've ditched the whole plan. I won't spend that much money on a 3D tv, but I also might not be able to play it if I know I'm not getting the full effect (non 3D tv)

Laa Dee Daw "full experience"

You were happy with ur plan of a ps3 and a small hd tv. Just stick to it.
Kamahl
QUOTE (Adam Le Blanc @ Nov 10 2010, 06:50 AM) *
QUOTE (DonkeyTits @ Nov 10 2010, 04:55 AM) *

Laa Dee Daw "full experience"

You were happy with ur plan of a ps3 and a small hd tv. Just stick to it.

yeah, agreed...

the game is gonna be great without 3D
I think 3d is overrated, i think i would get tired of it even if i had the TV to use it... i think i prefer playing the game without the stupid glasses
Kamahl
the delay wasnt as bad as i thought! new release date is in 11 days!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.