Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Achievements
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
DuPz0r
So i just had a random question about online trophies. I've found them very temperamental. I was trying to get the Taking it for the team achievement, where i have to be on the winning team in all multiplayer team games. I have met those requirements and it is visible on my stats, yet the trophy as not yet triggerede. Has anyone else had these problems with GTA? and is there a solution...?

I also heard that there was a similar problem with the Auf Wierdersehen Petrovic one too. That you had to do them all in a row without turning off the PS3. I hope that is just a rumor!
OptimumPx
Personally i don't think the trophy system works as well as the 360 achievement system.
HB~Sauce
With the "taking it for the team" trophy, you may need to play a match or two to trigger the trophy. So play like deathmatch and see if it triggers, if not then go on to the next one. It should trigger after you win one of the modes that isn't counting.

As for AWP, you can do it in seperate sessions but there has been people who have had the trophy not unlock when it should have. It's usually one victory somewhere that isn't counting, so you would just keep playing until you find the right mode that was flawed. If you are doing AWP, use this checklist: checklist

And by the way, the Wanted trophy will consume your time.

DuPz0r
OptimumPx >
It does on most games. I just think the PS3 GTA servers are some rusty crust bucket in a derelict oil rig in the middle of the north Atlantic with no admin looking after it. All because Sony didn't pay R* 50 mill of exclusive rights. Hopefully that will teach them a lesson for the next GTA. But it is us who suffer in the long run. Rant over.

HB >
Cool, thanks. I thought that would have been the problem, i just didn't realize how neglected the GTA servers were on the PS3!!!
bOnEs
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Sep 10 2009, 11:45 AM) *
Personally i don't think the trophy system works as well as the 360 achievement system.

that's not what he asked sleep.gif...

i've heard the same things about the petrovic trophy... personally, i don't think i'll ever get that one... i'd love to try but, there's just so many things you have to do... like winning all the different modes of racing like cannonball runs and helicopter ones... and then turn around and win all of those under the "GTA race" portion as well... it just seems to be way out of my league laugh.gif...

i got the "fly the co-op" trophy last night... and i take back what i said a few days ago about bomb da base being the toughest... it took about a dozen tries with two other people who are pretty good at deal breaker to get it done in time... way too many variables... there were times where everything was working perfect and then a package gets stuck between a level... or you can't get the fleeing bikers in a timely matter... or the damn helicopter dies on you when your trying to land it to pick up your friends...

took a lot of tries and we ended up only beating it by 1 second lol... but again, that's with 3 people... so, it's possible with three but, it's almost impossible... i'd imagine two works a little more efficient but then again, the same problems could prevent you from getting it...
DuPz0r
Yeah i still need to do deal breaker. I have a that friend queenBytach, but she is a bit useless at times. So i may have to try with some of you guys if you are up for it. As for the Petrovic trophy. I think i have done all of the games but the cannonball/boat/heli/free races. on both race and GTA race.
bOnEs
well, now that i got it, i'll hit you up whenever i'm on when your on... granted, if i already have plans i wont but, we'll get it dup... queenByatch added me so, i'm assuming she wants me to help her get it as well? laugh.gif... or maybe she found me irresistible over the headset, lol...

i gotta help out PS-FANBOY as well in this department... anyone else need the deal breaker time too?
RamzKilla
I got the platinum and it took me like 4 months to get it. Partly because my PS3 broke twice before I got it. (but thats another story) For Taking It For The Team Trophy you hafta win Cops N Crooks 4 ways( Win as Cops & As Crook in One For All & Win as Cops & As Crooks For All For One), Turf War 2 ways ( Russians & Jamaicans), Team Deathmatch, Team Car Jack City, Team Mafiya Work, Hangman's Noose, Bomb Da Base 2 & Deal Breaker. After you completed all them matches you should get the Trophy/Achievement. I messed up and missed winning as the Russians on Turf War. You really gotta pay attention. Also for the Petrovic Trophy, you don't need to do it all at once. I recommend you go to your network stats and print out the checklist for the races and mark off the ones you already have beaten. CIRCLE THEM OR SOMETHING!!! so you know which ones you don't hafta do. Finish all the races the you don't have a time set or a win on. If you don't get the trophy, go back and do the ones you marked off before you started, because you probably won the race before the trophies came out. I hope this helps someone. smile.gif

Also if anyone needs help with any trophies, send me a MSG on here or on PSN. wink.gif
ConQueSteD
I have a List of the Races on the a flash drive, so if anybody is wanting/needing it just send me a PM.
DANNY B0Y
I have IV on 360, completed 35 Achievements (all offline, I haven't got LIVE yet Jumpy.gif). I probably have earnt 650-700G off of IV alone.
HB~Sauce
I just need one trophy, anyone guess?
Seeen
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 11 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Off the Boat? Haha
HB~Sauce
QUOTE (Seeen @ Oct 12 2009, 03:18 AM) *
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 11 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Off the Boat? Haha

bump

lolz, nah I'm still working on that Wanted Trophy. Less than two million to go! If anyone wants this trophy and is online constantly, give me your PSN and we'll play noose together.

Fuck noose...
DuPz0r
After leaving GTAIV idle for a couple of months, i can't help but go back to it. It's bugging me that one of my favourite games of all times, i haven't got a platinum trophy for yet... I went through the list of requirements for that Auf Wierdersehen Petrovic trophy, and i checked my stats on the social club, and i'm only missing 1 or two races on GTA race. I'm going to attempt them and see if i get the AWP trophy. If not, then i know for sure i have to do all of them in a row. That will put the rumours to rest biggrin.gif

I have noticed one thing with the Stats actually. When playing online it takes a while to synch stats. The last race you play/win/lose before you quit and turn it off, doesn't always register to the stats. Because on two occasions i've got someone to help me win races and the last races didn't get put onto the leader-boards.
Can i ask, has anyone on here actually got the AWP Trophy/Achievement?

I also need to get to level10 (i'm 8) and get under 7:03 on Deal breaker and that's it! hehe. So just three trophies away from a platinum! So close, yet so far. lol
ViceMan
I was officially done with GTA IV itself in the months leading up to RDR, but I may make a return to EfLC... although not for very long.
bOnEs
i always return to GTA... all the way back with GTA III, whenever i had a dry-spell of new games to play, i always went back to the latest GTA... i get this feeling that this summer, i will be doing the same thing, especially if no one is playing RDR anymore...

i could be of assistance when it comes to the deal breaker time... as for getting to level 10, good god you have a long ways to go if your only level 8... the distance between level 9 and 10 is equivalent to going from level 1 to 9 all over again... good luck with that one, it took me two years to reach level 10... and probably 6 months to go from 9 to 10...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 6 2010, 08:14 PM) *
i always return to GTA... all the way back with GTA III, whenever i had a dry-spell of new games to play, i always went back to the latest GTA... i get this feeling that this summer, i will be doing the same thing, especially if no one is playing RDR anymore...

i could be of assistance when it comes to the deal breaker time... as for getting to level 10, good god you have a long ways to go if your only level 8... the distance between level 9 and 10 is equivalent to going from level 1 to 9 all over again... good luck with that one, it took me two years to reach level 10... and probably 6 months to go from 9 to 10...

Lmao, I'll do that level 10 trophy eventually, even if i play a little bit of GTA each day! I will definitely attempt the deal breaker mission with you at some point, as i haven't tried it since i last tried it with you a long time ago!
PabloHoneyOle
I've been meaning to give my copy another spin. I still haven't gotten the pigeons and stunt jumps and I was thinking about dedicating a playthrough just for that. It's been over a year or so since I've played GTAIV (not counting DLC) and it's about time to get back into the world of Liberty City.
DuPz0r
I have won all of the races now, but I'm not sure if i have won both Cops n' Crooks All for one and one for all properly or not. I bet i wont even get the trophy tbh. So many people said you need to do them all in a row without turning off your PS3 due to a stat glitch. That's like 10-15 hours of non-stop play. Fuck that.
TreeFitty
I just played through a new game recently to get some trophies. Not going to try for online ones. Especially Petrovic.
Jacko
I still need to get the achievements Key To The City, which by the way the game wont let me have (failed completing the game 100% 5 times), Liberty City Minute, No More Strangers and Under The radar before I can move on to the online achievements. So in which one of the games the Under the radar one is the most easiest to do? TLAD, TBOGT or IV? Is there a some sort of map in the 360-versions of those games that shows up when the pause menu is on and it shows the next bridge to fly under?
TreeFitty
I think you have to do IV achievements in IV...

For Under the Radar, when you fly under one you haven't done, it pops up saying how many are left and markers show up for a few seconds on the map. None of those achievements are hard except No More Strangers if you kill everyone during the story.
Jacko
Actually you can complete some of the achievements of IV in TLAD or TBOGT because I have gotten the "King Of QUB3D" and "One Hundred And Eighty" in The Lost And Damned. Have to start the game all over again if I wish to get the "No More Strangers" though.
TreeFitty
Good to know. sleep.gif
TreeFitty
Update to my last, finally found a page on the nets that talks about this. "King of QUB3D", "Walk Free", "Chain Reaction", "Under The Radar" are listed.
kremius12
I have a question for you!
Why do not you got Liberty City Minute, when I finished the whole game in about 15 hours.
I completed all the missions beyond 99 per cent of friendship with Kate McReary. But I do not know whether it has any meaning. At least it should not because access to the friendship with her is somewhat limited (for the last mission).

Please, answer
Thanks in advance

P.S I Play on xbox 360 console
TreeFitty
QUOTE (kremius12 @ Sep 30 2010, 03:27 PM) *
I have a question for you!
Why do not you got Liberty City Minute, when I finished the whole game in about 15 hours.
I completed all the missions beyond 99 per cent of friendship with Kate McReary. But I do not know whether it has any meaning. At least it should not because access to the friendship with her is somewhat limited (for the last mission).

Please, answer
Thanks in advance

P.S I Play on xbox 360 console

Hey kremius12,

The Liberty City Minute Achievement is for completing all the story missions under 30 hours. These are the main missions, not strangers or other side missions. If you have done the very last mission (A Revenger's Tragedy OR Out Of Commission) and have seen the credits, your game may be bugged.

Did you watch the end credits or skip them?

Welcome to iGTA!
kremius12
I skipped! And has it any significance?

On youtube I saw that one person gets ignored, and the other did not fail, and also received
TreeFitty
There is not much proof it does have significance. Just wondering. After the credits, it should pop up a minute or less after you respawn. You may have a bugged save.

Is it possible for you to do the last mission again and watch the credits? From a previous game save?

Also, did you get the "You Won" achievement?
kremius12
I have no way to go again but unfortunately I wrote shortly after completion. As for the You Won! achievement - it's got it without any problem
TreeFitty
That is interesting. There isn't much we can do, unfortunately. Try again if possible. Your game may be bugged or glitched during the end.
kremius12
Sorry that this topic is not what you need but do not know if one exists

I have a problem with the achievement of "Endangered Species"
namely, killed all the birds in Broker, Dukes and Bohan (there are 71) and the statistics I have written, "Killed Pigeons" (or something like) 70

can anyone know where the problem is

Birds as Bohan (third quarter killed out of order, while birds in Dukes and Broker killed according to the numbers on this map: http://download.gtasite.biz/mirror1/luten/...g_Rats/map.jpg)

The Dukes and Broker I am sure (at 75%) that had not skipped in Bohan and I checked them a few times (by car, bike, even flew a helicopter to make sure that none is omitted)

Someone help me

P.S sorry for such a long description of the problem but I had to describe exactly what I did but I still have this problem
Jacko
I was wondering if I can get the "Key To The City"-achievement, using 99% savefile and completing the final mission from that save?
DuPz0r
Save files that have been copied cannot earn you trophies on any other PS3 other than the one the original save came from unfortunately.
Jacko
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 10 2010, 03:15 AM) *
Save files that have been copied cannot earn you trophies on any other PS3 other than the one the original save came from unfortunately.

What if you're using an Xbox 360-version? unsure.gif
DuPz0r
I dunno mate. But i assume it's the same...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.