Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3/PSN ID thread
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Marney1
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Dec 15 2010, 01:37 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:26 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 14 2010, 04:21 PM) *
Has anyone got any random PSN adds lately. I've been getting loads of adds of which i've replied "Who's This?" with no replies.

Are companies starting to create PSN Bots or something?

I have but I'm not sure if they're just from random players in Red Dead and GTA. I've had a few shit heads send me a message that goes something like this;

"Pass this message on and receive $50 of PSN vouchers. This is a promotion from SONY, we are SONY bla blah blah......"

"Pass this message to all your friends and help keep PSN free, they want to start charging for online activity blah blah etc......."

I couldn't send those messages to my friends anyway because non of you bell ends have added me! New PSN: Marney-1

Added you last week. Anyone else get the Kevin Butler chain message yet? I lol'd.

Oh cheers! smile.gif So who the fuck is Kevin Butler?
TreeFitty
Am I the only one that reads Dup's name as "Bush-Cock"? XD.png
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 15 2010, 01:48 AM) *
So who the fuck is Kevin Butler?

This is Kevin Butler.

This is the message:

Hello there Playstation Network user I am Kevin Butler from Sony Entertainment Company I would like to stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay to playing online,please help me stop the rumor spaming if you send this to 35 people you will be granted $37 on playstation store just check your wallet money on playstation store.This message is tracked by me Kevin and Sony Entertainment Company.

Marney1
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Dec 15 2010, 02:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 15 2010, 01:48 AM) *
So who the fuck is Kevin Butler?

This is Kevin Butler.

This is the message:

Hello there Playstation Network user I am Kevin Butler from Sony Entertainment Company I would like to stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay to playing online,please help me stop the rumor spaming if you send this to 35 people you will be granted $37 on playstation store just check your wallet money on playstation store.This message is tracked by me Kevin and Sony Entertainment Company.

Yeah that's the message I meant, I remember the bit about $37 and the swpelling mistake in spaming. Kevin Butler's a bit strange don't you think?

Edit: 'swpelling' lol, I need sleep! tongue.gif
TreeFitty
I didn't realize that character had an actual name.
bOnEs
i never got those messages... i guess i don't just add randoms to my friends list... i probably have about 20 friends, 15 of those are from here... i just added you edgecrusher, and yes, i sent a request marney... you don't have to do the legwork on this one...

right now i'm a little upset about the sam & max error download... apparently sony is on the trail but, it was offered to PS+ members for free ($40 value) but, it won't download... i actually can't wait to play this... i played the first season on gametap years ago and loved it!! stoic was even sportin' a sam & max avatar for quite a while... i can't wait to finally download season 5 and get back into sam & max biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
I just figured out that the reason i keep getting PSN adds is because of that picture JamieMilne posted on the L.A. Noire thread!
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 15 2010, 10:24 AM) *
I just figured out that the reason i keep getting PSN adds is because of that picture JamieMilne posted on the L.A. Noire thread!

Told ya! Any messages with the requests? "dO u woRk 4 r0KstArR?"
DuPz0r
Yeah i've had those.

"OGM yur fiend has the L!A! Noir!"

Even though i don't even have the R* dev in my friends list lol
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 15 2010, 07:56 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 15 2010, 10:24 AM) *

Told ya! Any messages with the requests? "dO u woRk 4 r0KstArR?"

i used to get those messages when GTAIV first came out... it was that damned "kill a rockstar" trophy...
bOnEs
i offically "FINALLY" got to download the sam & max season 5 episodes... i'll be playing those tonight biggrin.gif... apparently it had to do with if you downloaded the demo, you got the error that wouldn't let you download the whole series for free... the network sent out a private location for those who downloaded the demo to get the whole series... yipee!! i've been waiting to play it...

also, i got to check out the DC universe online beta finally last night too... i left my system on all night on wednesday to download the 15+ gigs... and got to enjoy the experience last night... it was pretty fun to be honest... i am stuck in a hard place right now but, i am sure i'll figure out how to get around the situation but so far, it's been fun... i spent probably 4 hours playing this... and about an hour and a half of that time was spent creating my character from a vast array of selections... and i am sure it's only 25% of what the developers have in mind for character creation... here's my creation:

NAME: Captain Bones
ALLEGIANCE: villian
MENTOR: the joker
POWERS: runs fast, shoots fire, and dual wields weapons... one bad mamba jamma...

he's also wearing a tattered cape but, you can't see it in this dark photo... i hope to get some more time in with this before the beta ends... i have no clue when that would be but, i'd like to really see if it's worth considering purchasing when it's released... it's quite repetitive but, it could really be fun with some friends... and it's cool to see a world full of superheros... everyone is running fast, or flying past you... there's a lot of cool characters out there too... i've caught a few stopping in their tracks to look at my creation laugh.gif... if i had a headset plugged in, they might of been commenting on it too...
Massacre
Looks like Carrot Top started playing with necromancy. I like it.
bOnEs
i was trying to go for a pirate look but, they didn't have the shirts, and they didn't have a bandana or pirate hat either... so, i went with fiery orange hair instead... he does look like carrot top though, even the skull face looks like him laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
I've also got the PSN ID's BushkaUS and BushkaJAP btw lol But i only use them for free PS Store content.
ENVi3
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 17 2010, 12:17 PM) *
i offically "FINALLY" got to download the sam & max season 5 episodes... i'll be playing those tonight biggrin.gif ... apparently it had to do with if you downloaded the demo, you got the error that wouldn't let you download the whole series for free... the network sent out a private location for those who downloaded the demo to get the whole series... yipee!! i've been waiting to play it...

yeah me too. I played the demo a while ago and the games seemed interesting, I just didn't want to shell out $35 for them. Right now I'm on episode 4, but I'm taking a break because these really are the types of games where you have to figure out and sometimes you have to do specific things that are really not obvious to advance, so there's a lot of "ok wtf do I do now" moments where I get stuck. I haven't resorted to looking at guides to just cheat, because then I would just blow right through the games and it's more interesting trying to figure things out on your own.
bOnEs
i am still on episode one... i've gotten the demon's broth but, i am now stumped... your right though, this series is always making you solve things on your own... i am always getting stuck somewhere and spending 30 minutes walking around touching/talking/using items on everything until something works... this series never holds your hand laugh.gif...

but i am moving slowly through the episodes, savoring them so to speak biggrin.gif... i actually managed to play episode one for a couple hours yesterday because friends stopped by and i am sure they didn't want to watch me play the sims 3, lol laugh.gif, so i turned on sam & max so they could at least feel a sense of participation... i wasn't about to take advice on how to run my sims life...
ENVi3
lol ... yeah some things are just too specific sometimes but when you figure something it, it all comes together. And yeah, the game doesn't hold your hand, even with some of the hints it gives you, they're kind of vague. I've never played any of the other Sam & Max games, so these are my first.
bOnEs
finally beat episode one of sam & max season 5... i played it off and on for a couple weeks but, it's easily beatable in just 4 or 5 hours, depending on how fast you are at solving the objectives at hand... the writing really shined through this season, and the characters are just as zany as ever... and fucking A, the rest of the season was set up nicely with the ending to the first episode...

thank you PS+ for giving me something worth the money... the rest of the stuff i got so far are just party games and flash-based puzzlers with a few cool PSone classics as well... but mostly, they've been casual puzzlers... and i ain't complaining about that either, it's given me some games to fire up when friends are around since for the most part, i buy single player hardcore games that are too involved to occupy my friends attention spans for more than 10 minutes... but this sam & max season is a nice addition and totally worth it... i 100%'d the first episode by the way biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
Is this Sam & Max on the EU PSstore. I've been looking out for it, but haven't seen it so far...
ENVi3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 15 2011, 05:16 AM) *
Is this Sam & Max on the EU PSstore. I've been looking out for it, but haven't seen it so far...

It might have just been for the US PS store? Even with Plus content, the stores aren't the same.
I don't know if that means the EU Store isn't getting Sam&Max for free, but it means it's not at this moment?
DuPz0r
Some interesting but also saddening news here:

The PS3 jailbreak threatens to wreck havoc on the PlayStation ecosystem in ways beyond just piracy. The integrity of the PS3 trophy system hangs in the balance, as hackers have supposedly created an app that unlocks trophies in games automatically. CVG reports that the tool has been used to unlock trophies in BUZZ! and the notoriously challenging PAIN. Oddly, the tool apparently doesn't work in games like Resident Evil 5 and Batman: Arkham Asylum, meaning it isn't quite foolproof yet.

Obviously, a compromise like this undermines the entire point of the trophy system. Sony's Eric Lempel explained to us that the PSP couldn't support trophies due to the unsecured nature of that platform. "If people can artificially inflate their rankings ... it kills the whole [Trophy] system," he explained. Unfortunately, it appears Sony now faces the same issue on the PS3.

"We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it," a SCEE representative commented. "We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details."

Source

And...

Wondering why there's such a hullabaloo over that PS3 security breach? According to Martin Walfisz, who co-founded Massive Entertainment (but left the company shortly after its purchase by Ubisoft to focus on development of new DRM strategies), it's because it's the end of the world. Well, okay, maybe it's not that bad -- but Walfisz paints a pretty grim picture for Sony, telling GamesIndustry.biz, "If that hack works as reported, I don't believe that Sony can regain any control."

Walfisz predicts that Sony could employ a system similar to Microsoft's anti-piracy measures through Xbox Live, blocking hacked PS3s from connecting to the PlayStation Network; though if the hack works as reported, and doesn't require a mod chip to function, Walfisz worries Sony won't be able to detect which users are playing pirated games -- though Sony claims it can and will shut down "jailbroken" consoles. What's worse, Walfisz adds, "I would assume that pirated copies can be stored on the HDD as well, making it so easy to use that PS3 piracy, given time, might even surpass the handhelds." Piracy is pernicious enough on exposed systems, but super convenient piracy? Yikes.

source

Things aint looking too good for Sony atm. This wont stop everyone from buying games, but it will effect ps3 a lot. The only reason the 360 still has a good online community is because you have to pay to use it. People who hack and use pirate games can't go online. On the ps3 though, the service is free making pirating all that more appealing to a lot of people because they have less to lose.

I'm not going to de-legitimize my ps3, i enjoy it too much. I may give up collecting trophies though if people will just hack them effortlessly.
Marney1
Add me; PSN: TheGaySniper I lick kick arse!
ENVi3
Killzone 3 Open beta should be up for EU, and it will be up for NA in a few hours.
Anyone else checking it out?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 16 2011, 12:44 PM) *

you changed your name again?! fuck it, your adding me this time if you want to be my friend...

@envie - passing on it... i don't much care for FPS, even this highly praised console exclusive... while i am happy for sony and fans of killzone, it just isn't my bag... but i am happy for the rest of the fanbase that loves a good FPS because DAMN, this game brings a high quality presentation that plays out like a movie... have fun killzone fans biggrin.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 3 2011, 07:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 16 2011, 12:44 PM) *

you changed your name again?! fuck it, your adding me this time if you want to be my friend...

@envie - passing on it... i don't much care for FPS, even this highly praised console exclusive... while i am happy for sony and fans of killzone, it just isn't my bag... but i am happy for the rest of the fanbase that loves a good FPS because DAMN, this game brings a high quality presentation that plays out like a movie... have fun killzone fans biggrin.gif...

I haven't changed my PSN ID, it's still Marney-1 - that's just for when I'm in a funny mood.

Also, KillZone just doesn't do it for me, dunno what the fuss is about really.
ENVi3
Well, it's only a 800MB download and it's free so ...
but so far I've been having tons of fun playing Botzone biggrin.gif since the servers seem to be down right now.
TreeFitty
I haven't played Killzone in a while. It was taunting me on the shelf for $30 when I went to pick up RDR. Wonder if I still kick ass... unsure.gif
ENVi3
There's already quite a few reviews out. Apparently the game is done, I guess the next few days are basically just set aside for manufacturing and testing/tweaking the servers with the Open Beta.
bOnEs

my god, playstation plus was so worth the $50... we got "digger HD" last week and i beat it last night... an old-school classic updated to today's standards with HD graphics, as you can see from the screen above... and it was a BLAST to play... i don't know why every playstation user hasn't gotten + yet... sure it's $50 but, you get a bunch of network games, playstation minis and even some playstation one classics... and lucky me, this month they're giving away TWO free PSN games... digger HD was the first one, and the second one is a FREE day one release of the new game from tim shafer, stacking... shafer's previous titles were brutal legend, costume quest and even psychonauts...

it seems like me and envie are the only ones taking advantage of sony's offer... my hard drive is loaded up with tons of games!! here's a list of what i've gotten with my subscription so far... there's roughly 6 months worth of games on my hard drive... and envie's game list is different than mine since the european region get's a few different games to their updates...

PSone classics:
rally cross, syphon filter 1 & 3, 2Xtreme, oddworld: abe's oddysee, oddworld: abe's exoddus, CTR: crash team racing, sypro the dragon 1 & 2...

playstation minis:
age of zombies, fieldrunners, kahoots, aero racer, vempire, blast off, echoes, bubble trubble, bloons, dynogems, breakquest, vectorTD, a space shooter for 2 bucks!, pipe madness, hero of sparta, and karimogi... 80% of these are fun little puzzler games... minis are similar to the iphone app games...

playstation 3:
wipeoutHD, critter crunch, mushroom wars, ZEN pinball, burn zombie burn!, shatter, sam & max: the devils playhouse season 5; episodes 1-5, digger HD, lead and gold: gangs of the wild west, and even a MAG trial with a level 8 cap...

and almost every month your given a chance to beta test something, or get an exclusive PS+ only demo... last month i got the chance to beta test DC universe online, and it was pretty damn fun... just not $10/month kind of fun... i think envie is playing a killzone 3 online beta test, exclusive to PS+ members too... the perks of being a member are simply astonishing... i am actually surprised that xbox hasn't tried to do something similar... i've gotten over $120 worth of games and offers, and i am only a half-way thru my subscription!

not to mention the numerous free static and dynamic themes, a few free avatars, 60 minute game trials, and numerous game discounts... the avatars are nothing to get excited about since it's a preference thing... i'm rocking a niko belic one right now but, that wasn't free...

i will be a PS+ member for life now...
DuPz0r
I've downloaded the Killzone 3 Beta. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. i loved the second Killzone story, but wasn't too keen on the online competitive. Hopefully this one's better.
ENVi3
Yeah PS Plus is great. It's only been a few months and I already feel like the $50 have definitely been paid off with the numerous amount of content we get. I downloaded Digger HD, but haven't played it yet. I have too many games to play, which is a good thing rather than bad smile.gif

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 5 2011, 12:06 PM) *
I've downloaded the Killzone 3 Beta. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. i loved the second Killzone story, but wasn't too keen on the online competitive. Hopefully this one's better.
I still haven't been able to connect into an online game... oh well, it's better that they fix the servers now rather on than the actual release day.
DuPz0r
Yeah i played botzone for a little while earlier. I feel completely n00b at the controls after numerous years of call of duty setup!
ENVi3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 5 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Yeah i played botzone for a little while earlier. I feel completely n00b at the controls after numerous years of call of duty setup!

Control scheme (you can switch to Alternate and get closer to CoD) or the realism of the "weight" and looking/shake?
I do agree it is a bit different, but I sort of knew what they would be like after playing the previous Killzones.

Sony appears to be focusing on hackers: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/sony-hun...ackers-animals/ although not an official source, I think it's a good thing they're doing this. I just hope they aren't "wasting" resources when they could have used them on something else.
bOnEs
played stacking yet, envie?? me and my friend played it for about 4 hours last night and beat it... it was a lot of fun and the cool thing is, every little quest your tasked with can be beaten in a few different ways... there were times when it took me 10 minutes to figure it out, and other times i was already prepared with the right russian doll combo before i even know what the goal was... it kind of makes me want to go back and re-play those quests to try out the other various methods...

and there's plenty to do in each area... there's specific sets of dolls that you have to stack to unlock their story, or unique dolls with special abilities... there's one guy that goes around slapping people with a white glove, which never gets old... there's a spy that get's his kicks revealing himself to women laugh.gif, ladies with belting voices scaring the childen...

it's a fun, funny, puzzler with charm biggrin.gif... highly recommend it to those who aren't plus members... it's one of those games that warrant the $15 store price... it's money well spent in my opinion...
ENVi3
I came into this topic just to talk about that game, lol. But you beat me to it. I can't say much else except I kind of like the hint system they have. You get 3 hints, the first one gives you a vague idea which points you in the right direction sometimes, but sometimes it's sort of like a riddle too. The second one is more specific as to giving you part of the answer, and the third one is a " can't figure it out? ok well, just do this and this and you got it" lol. I try to not use it, but some of these puzzles are almost impossible to figure out just by yourself, or maybe eventually you could find it.
So far I only got to past the Zeppelin level, but I have been trying to figure out all the quests. I couldn't stop playing last night but it was like 2AM already and had to get up for school this morning.
The personality is what makes this game great. And the fact that's it's a pretty simple, unique idea that works out pretty well.

Also, Sony sent all the Plus members the Flying Hamster mini to us for free smile.gif
bOnEs
how do you use the hint system?? i don't think i ever used it unless, talking to people around your objective is considered hints... there were times when they would drop little coded hints that made you think of a solution, or that reminded you of a doll you were just using... it didn't literally come out and say, "use this!" but, it would say things like, "you can't make me leave my post, i am FROZEN in this spot...", which would mean that you'd have to find someone with freezing abilities or fire abilities... that wasn't used in the game, i just made it up to give you an example...

i hope that wasn't the hint system because, i talked to all sorts of people on my playthrough... some had funny stuff to say laugh.gif and others warned me or gave me ideas to tackle objectives, or to point out a unique doll... i'd be upset if i knew i was using the hints system the whole time sad.gif... i thought i was just making conversation...
ENVi3
No, the hints is in the menu. I think you press L1 and then you get a screen that has the current 'puzzles' you have to solve and then you press Square to reveal a hint.
But yeah, it's up to your own limits on how much you want to use it. There's no hint limit, just a small timer between each hint. I usually try to limit myself to the first one. Talking to 'people' is legit, I mean the game encourages that.

DLC Announced!
http://thejoypads.co.uk/stacking-dlc-in-development/
ENVi3
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/09/...aystation-plus/
Holy hell, PS Plus just got way better !
TreeFitty
Might as well post these here:
20 GTA IV PSN EU Avatars
20 RDR PSN EU Avatars
bOnEs
i am still rocking my niko belic avatar... i don't think i'll ever change it unless fallout releases avatars biggrin.gif...

yup, cloud is officially on the playstation network now... granted, it's only for PS+ members but, you can now save you game saves on the cloud service, up to i think 150MB, which is a decent size but come on, it should of at least been 500MB... i got roughly 150MB's worth of game saves already stored on a flash drive... nonetheless, the first signs of steam are officially here... and it probably explains why the network is down all day today... this update comes out tomorrow...
DuPz0r
At last, they released them here! I'm going to have to buy a few of those!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.