Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3/PSN ID thread
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
II--DOBBY--II
PSN ID: II--DOBBY--II

I Mostly play MW2 online but also some fifa 10 and LBP (and Borderlands when I get it back from DuPz0r)
Add me and just mention you are from here if you want a game smile.gif

MW2:
3rd Prestige
2.07 K/D
7 Nukes
Zacko
Not sure if I already posted in here but my PSN ID is Zacko1337, pretty much seem to play Fifa and GTA IV exclusively but feel free to add moi.
DuPz0r
New PS3 FW update 3.40 on it's way.

PS3 firmware update 3.40 is on the way "soon," according to Sony, but since it adds the framework for PlayStation Plus, which launches tomorrow, we think it's safe to expect the update to arrive today or early tomorrow.

In addition to support for the new subscription service, firmware 3.40 adds a few new features to the XMB. The photo gallery is now enhanced with sharing capabilities, allowing users to upload to Facebook and Picasa, browse and comment on photos, and share photos with PSN friends. And strangely enough, you'll now be able to edit video on the PS3 through the new "Video Editor and Uploader" function. Those videos can then be put on Facebook or YouTube directly from the PS3.

In addition to these new media sharing options, users can now rate PlayStation Store purchases with up to five stars (which was a totally original idea when a certain website started doing it), and have access to more power-saving settings, including a default automatic-turnoff time of two hours.

The most interesting new PS3 user experience upgrade is actually totally separate from the PS3. Sony is introducing a PSN application for Facebook, allowing users to display their PSN profiles directly into their Facebook accounts, view friends' profiles, and send PSN friend requests through Facebook. Yes, you'll be able to use one social networking service to invite your friends to connect with you on another.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/28/ps3-firm...ok-integration/
ENVi3
Playstation Plus became available today.
it seems like you do get quite a bit of free stuff and lots of discounts ... so it may pay for itself eventually.
Personally $50 is kind of alot, but then again that's not that much (if you get what I mean).
I'll skip it for now.
DuPz0r
I looked at the PSN store to see what Plus downloads were available, there wasn't that many good things yet tbh. I think i'll wait 4-5 months, until i know the service is working well, and bowing with content before i part with my £39.99.

This is just a recap, but i believe this is what you get as a plus user:

Access to at least £200 per year of games & content
Plus member PSN discounts
Full game trial - Allowing you to play an entire game for free without buying it.
Automatic downloads - Firmware updates, game patches and demo's automatically download to your system
Early access to beta games.

Is that everything?
bOnEs
i think i might sign up for this... i could use a digital copy of littlebigplanet (because a friend is borrowing my hard-copy) and i would love to get that free game, stardust HD or something? it's a $20 game for free.. plus, some free PS minis and a PSone classic for free too...

there's a lot of value packed into this subscription... i never thought i'd ever pay for online services but, PSN does it right by giving away free shit and giving you discounts on store items... it seems like a loss for sony, instead of the other way around with xbox live...

this PSN+ service just blows xbox live to smithereens... does xbox give way free shit every month?? i don't think so...
ENVi3
@Dup
yeah, that's pretty much it, with the addition of early demos and episodes of Qore.
Oh, and you get a golden D-pad by your name in everyone's friend list.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 30 2010, 09:54 AM) *
there's a lot of value packed into this subscription... i never thought i'd ever pay for online services but, PSN does it right by giving away free shit and giving you discounts on store items... it seems like a loss for sony, instead of the other way around with xbox live...

I think their plan is to give you discounts so you buy more stuff than you normally would.
They have already given away some free content and free games and early beta/demos with Qore (not too many though), so I think Plus is pretty much a step up from Qore. The bad thing about Qore is that the first few months were pretty great, but I think recently, now that it's been about 2 years, the content and freebies has been sort of lacking; as [pointed out here too: http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Qore/Qo...CEF73606C8392DB
I just hope the same doesn't happen with Plus.
bOnEs
right... i hope they don't just give away older games for FREE that no one plays anymore, or weren't good sellers in the first place... that's my only concern with PSN+ is that the freebies could start to get lackluster... but, $50/year isn't bad for discounts, exclusive demos and betas, and freebies... sounds like a winner to me...

but, i am totally down for purchasing this sometime very soon... i tried to get online last night to download the firmware update and i couldn't get in... big updates like this are worthless to try and download the first few nights... way too many people trying to do the same thing... me and my friend wanted to play RDR online last night but, the stupid update froze at 6% for both of us so we said screw it...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 30 2010, 04:24 PM) *
i tried to get online last night to download the firmware update and i couldn't get in... big updates like this are worthless to try and download the first few nights... way too many people trying to do the same thing... me and my friend wanted to play RDR online last night but, the stupid update froze at 6% for both of us so we said screw it...

Really? i updated fine yesterday, but i guess it's not so bad in the UK, as we're like less than 10% of the PS3 user base.
ENVi3
It's usually because the PS Store updates Tuesday and with Plus I am sure more people got on to check it out. I know my downloads go pretty slow, even late at night (like 2AM), so I usually just wait a day or two to download the videos and demos and etc.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 30 2010, 11:59 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 30 2010, 04:24 PM) *
i tried to get online last night to download the firmware update and i couldn't get in... big updates like this are worthless to try and download the first few nights... way too many people trying to do the same thing... me and my friend wanted to play RDR online last night but, the stupid update froze at 6% for both of us so we said screw it...

Really? i updated fine yesterday, but i guess it's not so bad in the UK, as we're like less than 10% of the PS3 user base.

if i could, i would try to download it during the day... but alas, i work during the day so i have to wait until the busiest time of the PSN service, evenings in america... sometimes demos take a long time if it's new and just came out too...

i'll get this soon though... i just never have any luck the first night of release on the major .0 firmware updates...
Kamahl
when its downloading slow or i wanna play something, i just download the update in my PC... so i dont really care if it takes longer than usual... I downloaded this yesterday in my PC cause a friend was here and we wanted to play FIFA, no problems and it didnt take longer than usual either
bOnEs
i downloaded the update last night... but, i didn't get to see all the bells and whistles, except for the trophy level next to the ID... i was a little too drunk and i ended up playing some freeroam GTA with analogkid...
Kamahl
it looks like the bullshit 3.41 update has screwed my PS3 online connection. When i try a "connection test" everything works but when i sign in it says "DNS error ... .... ....", then i checked my connection status and it said it wasnt working... then why the fuck does the connection test say it is working? i even get the download and upload speed so i KNOW the cable or router arent the problem.
DuPz0r
I'm one trophy away from a platinum on AC2. But I have to start a new game just to get to memory sequence 8 so i can kick a guy while on the flying machine! What a pain in the arse. I wish they allowed you to re-play the mem seq's after you complete the game!

/rant over lol
bOnEs
you can if you get one of the DLC's... it unlocks the flying machine... however, i wouldn't pay for one... i haven't even tried the DLC's out yet because, they offer no new trophies and were scored as, "meh"...
DuPz0r
I've got the first DLC and i cant re-visit sequences. Only the DLC one. It doesn't matter now anyway. I've rushed it through story and I'm back to sequence 6 already. Only two more to go!
DuPz0r
PSN Network is down for maintenance at this time. I can't update my trophy list!

I got the AC2 Platinum btw b0nEs biggrin.gif One more and i have ten!
Jįger
I wonder why the networks down, hmm. It says 'maintanence' but I bet they're rushing out a firmware update to counter the USB hack.
DuPz0r
They probably are yeah. But that isn't anything to do with maintenance, this is just to ensure the servers are working correctly and to fix any errors or hardware problems.
Jįger
Yeah, I know what maintanence means. They're always doing maintanence. I just find it kind of funny how, a few days after the leak about the PS3 modchip, it goes down yet again - and no clear explanation as to why.
bOnEs
hackers suck anyways.. i'm glad the PS3 is very active in trying to stop them... microsoft just bans them, without putting much effort into stopping them...
DuPz0r
well, it's up and running again now, time to play!
ENVi3
I haven't been able to play this past week, since my PS3 broke and I had to get it sent in and I'm getting a new one. I should be back playing on Tuesday (as the FedEx delivery estimate says), but at that time my PS3 will probably be a downloading machine while I try to get all my games/content redownloaded.
bOnEs
thanks for reminding me, envie... i need to back up some game saves biggrin.gif... it's been a while since i last did it...

also, concerning the PS3 hack... sony has already found a way to ban them... so, it's probably not a good idea to try it anymore... sony swept in quickly on this one and stopped it before it became widespread... i'm telling you, people need to just give up on hacking the PS3... stick to PC's and the xbox, where they can't really do much about it... sony is definitely very pro-active against hackers...
DuPz0r
I just had a random bug. I was playing Uncharted 2 for a good 3 hours, collecting hidden treasures. I turned off my game and synced my trophies. But i noticed i had no friends. So i assumed i was logged out... But i couldn't have been, because i synced my trophies. So i went to sign in, but i was still logged in... Random...

In the end i just logged out and then logged back in and all was fine again.
DuPz0r
I've just heard that Sony are handing out random beta codes via emial for Dead Nation - their PSN multiplayer Zombie arcade game. I was just wondering if you PSN+ users get in on this, because i did hear that plus users get first dibs on beta's a while ago. I'm just wondering if it still is true?
ENVi3
turns out the new PS3 I got had a messed up Blu-ray disc drive, and I have to send that one back in to get another one ... so I guess I'm out for another week or two. But if I get into a beta I would probably get an e-mail about it first.
bOnEs
yea, i didn't get an email...

*checks spam box*

nope, still nothing... and apparently jennifer anniston and justin timberlake died in a plane crash... well, that's what this email said in my spam box... but, i did not click on the attachment so now i'll never know sad.gif... damn you TMZ, why aren't you reporting this?!?!?!?!
DuPz0r
We supposed that, when dealing with an announcement as tremendously dull as the fact that protection plans for PlayStation 3 can now be purchased via the PSN Store, you have to appreciate even the smallest sparkle. In this case, it's that PlayStation Plus subscribers can purchase a two-year extended console warranty for what the unwashed masses must spend for only one year.

Yes, your dues for being a part of the PlayStation Plus service entitle you to ... the opportunity to pay for another PlayStation service -- at a discount, mind you! We're talking $44.99 for a two-year plan, down from $59.99. Sony is keen to point out that a one-year plan costs non-subscribers $44.99; we're keen to point out that you can't get something for nothing. (And that PS+ updates have already gone bi-weekly.)

Source
TheAnalogKid2112
Damn I don't think I've been on my PS3 in over a month. I miss RDR.
DuPz0r
I miss you.
DuPz0r
Another month, yet another PS3 firmware update. Little over one month since 3.41 (and two months since 3.40) comes yet another mandatory update for your PS3. Firmware 3.42 seemingly doesn't add any functionality to your system beyond the usual "system software stability," but it is required if you want to continue accessing the PlayStation Network or the PlayStation Store.

While unverified, this update may be a response to a recently-released jailbreak tool, which supposedly enables piracy on Sony's once-bulletproof system. We'll update this story if Sony provides any additional details on what this firmware does exactly.

So as we suspected, they were most likely tackling the pirate game hack.
bOnEs
good... i am sick of all the jailbreak articles flooding every gaming website...
ENVi3
Finally got my PS3 back biggrin.gif
I have some gaming to catch up on.
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 7 2010, 04:31 AM) *
Another month, yet another PS3 firmware update. Little over one month since 3.41 (and two months since 3.40) comes yet another mandatory update for your PS3. Firmware 3.42 seemingly doesn't add any functionality to your system beyond the usual "system software stability," but it is required if you want to continue accessing the PlayStation Network or the PlayStation Store.

While unverified, this update may be a response to a recently-released jailbreak tool, which supposedly enables piracy on Sony's once-bulletproof system. We'll update this story if Sony provides any additional details on what this firmware does exactly.

So as we suspected, they were most likely tackling the pirate game hack.

What hack?
Pieface
PSN ID - Pieface

Pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5, so expect me on.
Edgecrusher
New ISP, new PSN account: JonnyCanonFodder. At the minute I am playing a lot of CoD: Black Ops, but I also play MAG, Operation Flashpoint 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and lots of other FPS games as well as GTA obviously.
Marney1
PSN: Marney-1

(Was marney1)
DuPz0r
Has anyone got any random PSN adds lately. I've been getting loads of adds of which i've replied "Who's This?" with no replies.

Are companies starting to create PSN Bots or something?
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 14 2010, 04:21 PM) *
Has anyone got any random PSN adds lately. I've been getting loads of adds of which i've replied "Who's This?" with no replies.

I have but I'm not sure if they're just from random players in Red Dead and GTA. I've had a few shit heads send me a message that goes something like this;

"Pass this message on and receive $50 of PSN vouchers. This is a promotion from SONY, we are SONY bla blah blah......"

"Pass this message to all your friends and help keep PSN free, they want to start charging for online activity blah blah etc......."

I couldn't send those messages to my friends anyway because non of you bell ends have added me! New PSN: Marney-1
DuPz0r
oi, i added you smile.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 14 2010, 01:26 PM) *

I have but I'm not sure if they're just from random players in Red Dead and GTA. I've had a few shit heads send me a message that goes something like this;

"Pass this message on and receive $50 of PSN vouchers. This is a promotion from SONY, we are SONY bla blah blah......"

"Pass this message to all your friends and help keep PSN free, they want to start charging for online activity blah blah etc......."

I couldn't send those messages to my friends anyway because non of you bell ends have added me! New PSN: Marney-1

hey, add us!! your the one that changed, we shouldn't have to do the legwork here...
TreeFitty
Got a few of those messages. I just delete them and block the people.

@Marney why did you get a new name? Get kicked from PSN with the other account? tongue.gif
Marney1
@DuP - Cheers!

@bOnEs - OK angry.gif

@TreeFitty - No, I hated having a small 'm' the only reason I did that originaly was because before I got my PS3 I'd never used a PC or the internet and thought it had to be case sensitive like my email n' shit. I was a real n00b or whatever...................still am really. Your's should be TheRealTreeFitty but I don't suppose you care like I do.

marney1@affectedbyocd.com
TreeFitty
Nope I just typed it in all lowercase. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm used to it looking like that. smile.gif
DuPz0r
Yeah i could have done -=Bushka=- or something but what i have was the first thing i could think of, and i don't really care now.

To be honest, i did actually registered DuPz0r on the Sony website before i got my ps3. But after the Ps3 was released i was unable to use it for some reason, i still can't to this day...
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 14 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Yeah i could have done -=Bushka=- or something but what i have was the first thing i could think of, and i don't really care now.

To be honest, i did actually registered DuPz0r on the Sony website before i got my ps3. But after the Ps3 was released i was unable to use it for some reason, i still can't to this day...

yea, i have a similar problem... i registered my email address with sony's website a couple years before i got a PS3... so, i sign up for online services with the PS3 when i got it and it worked using the same email address... however, when i log into the sony website, or register my gamertag with my email address, it constantly wants to use the username i created years before the PS3... it's why i can't find a decent gamertag site... they keep linking to this name i created years ago with no trophies...
Marney1
Someone in Canada has my Marney1 name. I know this because I was so pissed off by it that I sent a message saying "Hey fuckface you've got my name!" And his reply was "I'm Canadian." bored.gif
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:26 PM) *

Added you last week. Anyone else get the Kevin Butler chain message yet? I lol'd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.