Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3/PSN ID thread
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Massacre
I haven't been online. Check every Xbox 360-related topic ever posted to find out why. Alzheimer-afflicted mother fuckers around here...
bOnEs
the fucking playstation network is having a widespread problem right now...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072875p1.html

i can't even play heavy rain because of some trophy error... and i'm offline!! i think somebody hacked the playstation network because, a lot of people right now can't play online, can't play PSN games, and can't play certain PS3 games... i'd say it's got to be effecting at least 60% of the users...

i thought my system fucked up but, i'm glad to see i am not the only one experiencing this... anyone else having problems??
TreeFitty
a few people on here. fanboy made a topic in the asylum.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Something to do with the internal calender...? I've had all the symptoms so far, Corrupted themes, Resetting clock, unable to play DL games (no trophy loss thank god). Actually... I reset my calendar earlier. It's currently March 1st, 2010, at 2:45 am (I cant sleep), but my clock is still saying it's Feb 28th, at 7:50 pm...?
Marney1
Why isn't this affecting me? huh.gif
DuPz0r
I'm havinh this same problem. The problem is only affecting Fat Ps3's and mostly the old 60GB version.

Apperently the reason could be to do with the calender. The original ps3 came out after Feburary of 2008. This year it was the first year without a leap year since the PS3's life cycle, So there's no 29th of Feb. This is only speculation.

Anyway, most people (except slim owners) can't play online, can't access DLC and the trophy list has been wiped. As long as it isn't a virus and the PSN network is safe, then you trophies you collected will be stored online, along with data allowing you to play DLC.

This is such an amature thing to happen to an online gaming product. Sony need to come up with a new security strategy if it is a virus or something...
Jimothey
I have an 80GB PS3, I haven't checked this out. I'm almost afraid to turn it on, but with every day passing is another day I'm losing 100%ing IV.
I said to myself I'll complee story before Episodes.. comes out. so far I'm on Deal/Revenge.
bOnEs
don't turn your PS3 on... it won't effect you if you don't turn it on...

we'll know around 4pm (EST) if the problem is the internal clock as this is when the problems first started popping up... i don't know where it is but, when 4pm hits here for me, it'll be midnight somewhere in the world and we'll be able to see if the network was able to roll over to the 1st of march... i sure hope so...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 1 2010, 11:25 AM) *
I'm havinh this same problem. The problem is only affecting Fat Ps3's and mostly the old 60GB version.

Apperently the reason could be to do with the calender. The original ps3 came out after Feburary of 2008. This year it was the first year without a leap year since the PS3's life cycle, So there's no 29th of Feb. This is only speculation.

Anyway, most people (except slim owners) can't play online, can't access DLC and the trophy list has been wiped. As long as it isn't a virus and the PSN network is safe, then you trophies you collected will be stored online, along with data allowing you to play DLC.

This is such an amature thing to happen to an online gaming product. Sony need to come up with a new security strategy if it is a virus or something...

Another problem is the loss of dynamic themes (I addressed most of this in my thread btw). And like I said, the problem is microsoft hackers...

QUOTE (Jimothey @ Mar 1 2010, 11:37 AM) *
I have an 80GB PS3, I haven't checked this out. I'm almost afraid to turn it on, but with every day passing is another day I'm losing 100%ing IV.
I said to myself I'll complee story before Episodes.. comes out. so far I'm on Deal/Revenge.

Don't turn it on. I'm on an 80GB fatty as well...
bOnEs
i'm on a 40GB (upgraded to 250GB) system... i don't know why it isn't effecting marney but, i think it has to do with his being a "newer" fat model... this problem seems to be effecting the older models... it's effecting the people that were early adopters to the next-gen PS system...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 1 2010, 12:56 PM) *
i'm on a 40GB (upgraded to 250GB) system... i don't know why it isn't effecting marney but, i think it has to do with his being a "newer" fat model... this problem seems to be effecting the older models... it's effecting the people that were early adopters to the next-gen PS system...

*Cradles PS3 in arms*

Ok, this is definately a calendar problem. My clock says its 3:45 am, but it's 1:25 pm... after I reset it twice...
bOnEs
sony is advising people to not turn on their PS3's for at least 24 hours, or until the problem is resolved... you might mess things up more if you start tinkering around with it...
DuPz0r
Yeah i tried turning my ps3 on without the ethernet cable on it. I noticed the date said 1/12/2000 on it... I wanted to play resident evil with my girlfriend so risked turning it on. It wouldnt load because the trophy synch thing failed. It also wiped resident evil from my trophy list. Now it is off, until i know it is safe to switch back on.
bOnEs
thankfully i didn't lose my heavy rain trophies when i started getting this problem with that game... but, i'd imagine that once you re-sync your trophies up with the servers, it'll add all the ones missing back in...
Marney1
Mine's an 80G fatty about 15 months old and I'm having no problem whatsoever (atm) and I've just recieved my copy of Heavy Rain. I'm thinking it might affect the trophies though if I start playing before it's fixed even though I've had no problem. Hmmm? huh.gif
DuPz0r
Marney1
I just knew that video would take all of 3.5 seconds to emerge. laugh.gif

I heard it was Mossad, feckin' jews!
Kamahl
wow, well i just got a slim ps3 less than a week ago so im still playing biggrin.gif (my old one is basically dead, wont read discs and freezes all the time)

bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 1 2010, 02:44 PM) *

what hasn't hitler been pissed about?! lol, i saw a video like this a few weeks ago where he was pissed off about the lost and damned not coming to the PS3 laugh.gif... i think i might do some PC gaming tonight instead... maybe fire up the 'ol starcraft brood war expansion pack, or maybe play the sims 2 or something...
Marney1
I'm keeping track of the Playstation Blog where the good news should emerge first. It's my wife's last day off work and we wanted to play Heavy Rain together. I suppose I could disconnect the PS3 from the internet but I'd have to start over again to get trophies. Dunno what to do. mellow.gif

Although I haven't had a problem I'm scared to turn the thing on.
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Mar 1 2010, 08:19 PM) *
wow, well i just got a slim ps3 less than a week ago so im still playing biggrin.gif (my old one is basically dead, wont read discs and freezes all the time)

That happened to my 60gb; first games, then bluray discs altogether, then DVDs and PS2 DVD ROMs, then finally PSone games stopped working, then I got frustrated and drilled a hole through it. Now got 120gb slim.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 1 2010, 03:59 PM) *
I'm keeping track of the Playstation Blog where the good news should emerge first. It's my wife's last day off work and we wanted to play Heavy Rain together. I suppose I could disconnect the PS3 from the internet but I'd have to start over again to get trophies. Dunno what to do. mellow.gif

Although I haven't had a problem I'm scared to turn the thing on.

Yeah same here Marn, I was using it earlier today for internet browsing but after I read the blog I figure it would be better to turn it off.
Marney1
I've never had a problem with any console I've ever owned, from my Phillips G7000 VideoPac and my Atari 2600 and everything since. Damn now that I've said that a plane will probably fly into my apartment. dunpeal.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
Only problems I've had was a burnt out disc tray motor on my PS2. My PS3 crashed but that was my fault for not having surge protection.
Marney1
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 1 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Only problems I've had was a burnt out disc tray motor on my PS2. My PS3 crashed but that was my fault for not having surge protection.

I put my 'luck' being down to always ensuring adeqaute ventilation for my consoles and regularly hoovering or air spraying the dust and lint from the vents.

marney1@consoletechnician.com
Ex-PS Fanboy
I should do that. I'm going to look for a pressurized air can now.
Marney1
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 1 2010, 09:29 PM) *
I should do that. I'm going to look for a pressurized air can now.

Lucky for me it's part of my toolkit but they cost about 9.00 a can (trade price).

Think we better quit the spam in here now.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I'm getting a massive urge to turn my Playstation on... No... Must... Fight....

What spam? We're talking about playstation...
Marney1
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 1 2010, 09:58 PM) *

Oh yeah, mybad! Or whatever you North American Unionists say. Thought it was just for PSN names.................something fucking wrong with me this week.
DuPz0r

Thats the problem i had. But i gave in and turned on. Thats when i lost my REsi trophies. Don't risk it unless it is a game you havent played yet.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 1 2010, 10:15 PM) *

Thats the problem i had. But i gave in and turned on. Thats when i lost my REsi trophies. Don't risk it unless it is a game you havent played yet.

So you reckon it's worth me going on my brand new un-opened HEAVY RAIN now then?
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 1 2010, 05:19 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 1 2010, 10:15 PM) *

So you reckon it's worth me going on my brand new un-opened HEAVY RAIN now then?

you won't earn the trophies... i tried to earn an uncharted 2 trophy last night and it didn't give it to me... you can't even play heavy rain anyways, it won't let you... but then again, your system is working fine so, i don't know... i say try it out...
Marney1
Fuck it I'm gonna try it while it's still connected to the internet. mellow.gif

Wonder if those 2,000 PS3's went down at the U'S Air Force base?
TreeFitty
my PS3 is sitting home, disconnected from the world and it's harm. smile.gif
ENVi3
i think it just got fixed. i can connect and play just fine now
TreeFitty
hopefully it lasts. usually starts to work, everyone gets on, fails again, then gets fixed for good (until the next time).
bOnEs
i turned it on... the date in the upper corner says 2/28 but, i can now play the PSN games and HEAVY RAIN IS WORKING AGAIN!!! i am not about to check the internet though because, that'd mean i'd have to unplug the internet from the computer and hook it up to the PS3, then reverse the connection to post a message that says it works...

i'm taking everyone's word for it... thank god this problem is fixed... now it's time to head to the bar and celebrate!!
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 2 2010, 12:14 AM) *
i turned it on... the date in the upper corner says 2/28 but, i can now play the PSN games and HEAVY RAIN IS WORKING AGAIN!!! i am not about to check the internet though because, that'd mean i'd have to unplug the internet from the computer and hook it up to the PS3, then reverse the connection to post a message that says it works...

i'm taking everyone's word for it... thank god this problem is fixed... now it's time to head to the bar and celebrate!!

Have an extra cold Guinness for me! drool.gif I'm getting on HEAVY RAIN!

LOL @ IGN.
ENVi3
so is this problem really fixed, or did it just fix itself.
anyone else notice it was offline for 24 hours, and we basically just had to wait it out until it turned midnight at GMT timezone?
i hope we don't get this same problem 4 years from now ....
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:35 PM) *
LOL @ IGN.

laugh.gif I guess someone had to post that type of article.
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:35 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 2 2010, 12:14 AM) *

Have an extra cold Guinness for me! drool.gif I'm getting on HEAVY RAIN!

LOL @ IGN.

i went to the livery, all they serve is their homemade microbrews... no guinness... but, i had a few of those biggrin.gif...

but OK, the problem is fixed so, there's no need to post in here anymore unless it's PSN related...
Marney1
My PSN name is TheGaySniper
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 2 2010, 01:05 PM) *

lol did you seriously create that name?
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 2 2010, 06:11 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 2 2010, 01:05 PM) *

lol did you seriously create that name?

I still use marney1 I just made a few others for when I want a laugh.

eg; TheGaySniper Whacked TreeFitty it sends people nuts and because they can't stand being killed by TheGaySniper. biggrin.gif
bOnEs
artistadam pulverized TheGaySniper
TreeFitty
therealtreefitty surprised TheGaySniper

laugh.gif yeah I guess you're right.
Marney1
TheGaySniper Slotted artistadam
TheAnalogKid2112
I'm glad I wasn't on my PS3 when that problem was going on. So what was it?
Marney1
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Mar 4 2010, 11:58 PM) *
I'm glad I wasn't on my PS3 when that problem was going on. So what was it?

Something to do with the internal clock thinking it was a leap year or something, they reckon it just fixed itself as the date went into the 1st of March.
SONY Leap Year Bug Fixed
TreeFitty
so it was like Y2K but with leap year
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.