Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
TheAnalogKid2112
I am the new leader of this topic. Finders keepers. blush.gif

So anyway, discuss your favorite metal bands, songs, shows, whatever in this topic. Have fun.
trathen93
I'm not really a metal person myself, im more a dance or techno person, but there are some songs that I enjoy. according to wikipedia, a few bands that I would consider to be more classic rock, are actually metal. (never a reliable source though). likes of queen and aerosmith feature on the list.
TreeFitty
i'm into rap/hip-hop mainly but i did enjoy a nightwish concert 2 years ago. the opening bands were so-so and all their songs basically played the same music with different lyrics.
ViceMan
I'm also a rap person (not the commercial shit.) But you can find some good metal-inspired rap; Ill Bill, Goretex, Non Phixion. It was Circle of Tyrants that actually got me listening to metal. It was only a couple of years ago, and back then I thought Metallica was heavy. Suffice to say now I can listen to anything from death metal; Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura etc. grindcore, even the lighter stuff like progressive. Then there's the ambient black metal like Xasthur, I dare you to listen to one of his albums all the way through.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I started listening to alexisonfire again...
TheAnalogKid2112
Okay guys, seriously. I didn't ask what your favorite genre is. NO RAP! This topic is about METAL ONLY. Make a rap topic if you want to discuss it. Alright?

To quote the PREVIOUS TOPIC,
"If you listen to Metal you can talk about it here.
From old classic music to todays stuff.
Bands, albums, songs, tours, news, etc.
Also, if theres any unsigned/underground bands you like, talk about them and post a link so they can be heard."

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 9 2009, 03:18 PM) *
I started listening to alexisonfire again...

THAT'S NOT FUCKING METAL!
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Okay guys, seriously. I didn't ask what your favorite genre is. NO RAP! This topic is about METAL ONLY. Make a rap topic if you want to discuss it. Alright?

To quote the PREVIOUS TOPIC,
"If you listen to Metal you can talk about it here.
From old classic music to todays stuff.
Bands, albums, songs, tours, news, etc.
Also, if theres any unsigned/underground bands you like, talk about them and post a link so they can be heard."

THAT'S NOT FUCKING METAL!

NEITHER ARE YOU!!!
DiO
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 9 2009, 06:30 PM) *
NEITHER ARE YOU!!!

Actually, TheAnalogKid is very Metal. I know I usually bust his chops but when it comes to his metalings I just can't fuck around.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 9 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Actually, TheAnalogKid is very Metal. I know I usually bust his chops but when it comes to his metalings I just can't fuck around.

Not sure if I'm missing some secret sarcasm here, but if not, thanks. You're pretty fuckin metal yourself.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 07:07 PM) *
Not sure if I'm missing some secret sarcasm here, but if not, thanks. You're pretty fuckin metal yourself.

Your not metal.

Armored Core = Metal

Why?

BECAUSE IT'S MADE OF FUCKING METAL!!!!
DiO
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 07:07 PM) *

No sarcasm. I'd admit I probably look more metal than you. But I can't deny the fact I like Dragonforce. And that isn't metal. So in the actual metalage department, I think you got me beat.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 9 2009, 07:13 PM) *
No sarcasm. I'd admit I probably look more metal than you. But I can't deny the fact I like Dragonforce. And that isn't metal. So in the actual metalage department, I think you got me beat.

roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif

I JUST LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU!!!!!!!
DiO
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 9 2009, 07:14 PM) *
roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif

I JUST LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Meh. I like what I like.
TheAnalogKid2112
First off, PS, please stop spamming this topic with your Armored Core bullshit and your stupid shit like above.

QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 9 2009, 04:13 PM) *

Yeah, no comparison as far as looks go..
Yeah, DragonForce is pretty gay.
Yeah, I'm pretty metal. You should listen to more death metal.

I think I'm gonna post a little "article" on my favorite metal bands. More like a list, with reasons why they kick ass and song suggestions. There are just so many, and I want to turn more and more people onto them.
Ex-PS Fanboy
*SERIOUSNESS ALERT*

I picked up Killswitch's new self titled album, and I juat wanted to say...

WOW!! WHAT A COMPLETE PEICE OF SHIT!!!

I know they have some emo(tional) songs, but this takes it to a whole new fucking level. They still have like 2 good songs on it, but it's without a doubt the worst Album they've ever released. I really regret paying the extra $10 for the special edition.
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah, Killswitch Engage seriously sucks. I don't even like calling them metal. Crappy, repetitive, simple guitar riffs, shitty/inaudible bass, horrible drumming, and terrible screams. The only talent is the singer's singing voice, which doesn't belong in a metal band. It's a wonder why they're still making albums, since all of their music sounds the same, which sucks.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 07:45 PM) *
Yeah, Killswitch Engage seriously sucks. I don't even like calling them metal. Crappy, repetitive, simple guitar riffs, shitty/inaudible bass, horrible drumming, and terrible screams. The only talent is the singer's singing voice, which doesn't belong in a metal band. It's a wonder why they're still making albums, since all of their music sounds the same, which sucks.

I honestly like Killswitch. As Daylight Dies, as well as most of the songs on End of Heartache. I don't like the fact that a lot of their music is emo sounding. But if they continue to play music like on their newest ablum, (e.g. EVERY SINGLE SONG IS FUCKING EMO) then there's no way i'm going near any other albums of theirs.

PS. I hated Just Barely Breathing
TheAnalogKid2112
Fuck, Endgame is just too damn good. Every song kicks ass. Uuuuuugggggghhhhhhh I love it smile.gif
Darth Sexy
Now that I'm here, all we need to do is drag HBW out of retirement (by the balls if need be) and we can have a completely true (ie, no Dragonforce) discussion.

I've listened to End Game, and the solos kick arse, but I can't actually remember a single song from it. The new GWAR album is very good, though. Feeling I should be less sexist when it comes to my metal, I listened to a new Kittie song. They've finally learned to play their instruments! Unfortunately the music still sucks butch lesbian nipples, but at least they've made a small amount of progress.
coreyko_2003
Anyone know when Slayer's new one (World Painted Blood) is coming out?
Darth Sexy
Ummm. October? Sometime in the next month or so. Christ Illusion was pretty average, so I haven't got high hopes for it.
coreyko_2003

and

Two new songs off their album

EDIT

Yeah, apparently that didn't fuckin work. Anyway go on YouTube and search the two new ones:

Psychopathy Red

and

Hate Worldwide
TheAnalogKid2112
Heard both of those songs a while ago. Not too bad. Nothing new, you know? Definitely not buying their new album. May torrent it just to have it, but I probably won't even listen to it. Only good Slayer albums IMO are Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy, and I GUESS Reign In Blood.
ViceMan
C'mon, I dare someone to listen to a whole Xasthur album.

DiO
Has anyone heard Mad Season btw? They have Layne Staley on vocals. Fucking amazing.
Hardcore Ottoman
I like all bands that reinterpreted and recycled Black Sabbath riffs. And/or KISS:

http://www.last.fm/music/Harvey+Milk/_/Sun...e+Sun?autostart

He he...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 10 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Has anyone heard Mad Season btw? They have Layne Staley on vocals. Fucking amazing.

I've never heard of them, but am a huge Alice In Chains fan. I'll have a listen later.
ConQueSteD
Mad season, never heard.
TheAnalogKid2112
Can a mod Sticky this topic again?
DiO
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 10 2009, 06:47 PM) *
I've never heard of them, but am a huge Alice In Chains fan. I'll have a listen later.

Its not really metal but Its Layne so fuck off.

TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 10 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Its not really metal but Its Layne so fuck off.

Yeah, was gonna comment on that but decided Layne rocks too hard for me to care. Thanks for posting songs. Can't listen now though lol.
DiO
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 10 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Yeah, was gonna comment on that but decided Layne rocks too hard for me to care. Thanks for posting songs. Can't listen now though lol.

Why not fag?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DiO @ Sep 10 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Why not fag?

I'm listening to good music. Ba-zing!
TheAnalogKid2112
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/09/11/megad...video-premiere/

Head Crusher video premiere. Fucking awesome video. Hot chick too.
Massacre
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 11 2009, 08:52 PM) *
Hot chick too.

Yeah, that's what you were jerking off to.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 11 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Yeah, that's what you were jerking off to.

Oh, alright. I was jerking it to Dave.

Not to mention Chris, who is perfect for Megadeth.

(still wish Poland or Friedman were in it though)
Massacre
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 11 2009, 10:23 PM) *
Oh, alright. I was jerking it to KoreyKo.

Not to mention Chris, who is perfect for Megadeth.

(still wish Poland or Friedman were in it though)
TheAnalogKid2112
I see what you did there!
Darth Sexy
I'm enjoying Broderick in Megadeth, but he was sooooooo much better suited to Jag Panzer, where he could just do his own thing, and not have to fit in with what Dave wants.
Handsome B Wonderful
What the heck? My post count! *e-penis shrinks*

Anyway. I agree with Sexy about Endgame. As good as it is (best since RIP imo), only Headcrusher sticks in my head after 3 listens. My only gripe would be Broderick's solos. As good as they are, they sometimes sound a bit samey.

Album of the year for me so far, just ahead of Evangelion, although the new Nile album isn't far off now.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Handsome B. Wonderful @ Sep 12 2009, 09:30 AM) *
What the heck? My post count! *e-penis shrinks*

Good to see you back Handsome smile.gif

Anyway. I agree with Sexy about Endgame. As good as it is (best since RIP imo), My only gripe would be Broderick's solos. As good as they are, they sometimes sound a bit samey.

I agree completely with what I quoted. Though a lot of them are more catchy to me. My favorite is 44 Minutes. Killer solo, too.

Album of the year for me so far, just ahead of Evangelion, although the new Nile album isn't far off now.

I can't WAIT until the new Nile album!!! Seeing them live in February biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Darth Sexy
Shit, the new Nile album sounds interesting. I'm very excited.

Hiya Handsome wub.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
Fuck, Nile is too damn good. I was about to make a post about Nile that changed the subject, cause I forgot we were talking about Nile haha. Anyway, George Kollias is seriously my fucking drum hero. MY GOD! Example: "The Essential Salts" off of Ithyphallic. There are so many others though.. He's too damn awesome.

Check this video if I haven't posted it before. It's fucking mind-blowing. Since I'm a drummer, I know what's fucking insane to play. Most non-drummers underestimate the difficulty of most drum beats (and whatever the hell you call it that GK plays.. drum symphonies?)
Check it. Trust me, this is some of the most insanely hard drumming I've ever heard or seen.

Do you know how insanely difficult it is to double-bass even half that speed? No.

Also, a little bit of bragging: I actually learned that multi-cymbal blast beat. Mostly though, in the sense that I only have three cymbals and only move my legs half as fast on the double-bass. Pretty FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to marry him. Again, I can't fucking wait until Feb.
TheAnalogKid2112

"Talk about a mind-blowing line-up. Megadeth and Slayer - two of the bands that defined the thrash/metal genre - will be bringing their Canadian Carnage tour to the east coast of the country in November. The tour will also feature Machine Head and Suicide Silence. Check the Killing Road for tour dates. Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, Sept 18 @ 10AM local. MegaFanClub ticket pre-sales go on sale Tuesday, Sept 15 @ 10AM local."

http://www.megadeth.com/killingroad.php
http://megafanclub.megadeth.com/

D-O, you're a bastard.
DiO
Tornonto...eh?
TheAnalogKid2112
Take pics for me sad.gif
Massacre
I'd like to see Slayer again. I should go to Canada.
TheAnalogKid2112
Split a ticket with ya wink.gif
Massacre
See if D-O will go in thirds with us.
DiO
Just watched that drum vid you posted there analog. Holy fuck...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.