Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: achievement signatures
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
Amnesiac
could we maybe implement a feature to choose between the regular sized achievement box, a slim box, and a micro box?
i'm sure a few graphically talented members could lend a helping photoshop hand for the cause. smile.gif
TreeFitty
also a centering option
Amnesiac
that too... maybe an option to move it all to a small 100x100 avatar box over to the profile info on the left?
Psy
These were all considerations before I stuck with the one we have. I may change it in the future, but it's quite a lot of work to create a PHP script to automatically resize images, and position them on top of another image (to the exact pixel). So at the minute I have no plans to make anything smaller. I could center it by default though.
ViceMan
But can't I remove it?
Amnesiac
also, what determines the background on the image? your favorite gta game, i'm guessing?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Caisenma @ Sep 9 2009, 02:12 PM) *
also, what determines the background on the image? your favorite gta game, i'm guessing?

I think it is going by how many achievments you have. definitely not favorite game though.
§ynch
I think it's cool the way it is....
Psy
It's based on the percentage of the achievements you have. It changed up through the GTA games for every 7% you get. I'm thinking about a way to make it so you can disable the card if you want. I may just make it into a BB code tag where you put the ID number in and you can just put it in your sig. We'll see. Would that be better for everyone?
trathen93
looks fantastic having the achievement cards, theyre pretty cool, it seems ok havin them like that, just need a disable option.
PabloHoneyOle
I just want to see it centered. I have signature OCD.
bOnEs
is it possible to move them underneath the avatar? i think they would look better over there personally... of course they would have to be re-sized but, maybe it's something you could look into for the future...
ConQueSteD
Just giving a good Idea, but what about putting them in the Left hand side where the Forum Names are. I can provide a Screenshot of what im talking about.
Psy
Well I've made BB code for it:

CODE
[ac]1[/ac]

Achievements

BUT... At the minute they're generated using PHP, which makes them re-download every time you load the page. If you use BB code, they will get cached, meaning if you unlock a new achievement, people wont see your updated card until they clear their internet cache, or usually close their browser...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 9 2009, 09:57 PM) *
is it possible to move them underneath the avatar? i think they would look better over there personally... of course they would have to be re-sized but, maybe it's something you could look into for the future...

QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 9 2009, 09:58 PM) *
Just giving a good Idea, but what about putting them in the Left hand side where the Forum Names are. I can provide a Screenshot of what im talking about.

Same idea from two people in one minute. Heh.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Sep 9 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Same idea from two people in one minute. Heh.

we might be on to something biggrin.gif...
Qdeathstar
someone already mentioned that idea before they even got created. I like the, though having the option to center them would be nice biggrin.gif

The bbcode is nice, because now we can post achievements for other people,

oh look at psy's achievements!

Achievements
ConQueSteD
Centered would be nice, I have OCD for certain things.
ViceMan
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Centered would be nice, I have OCD for certain things.

It's called:

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 9 2009, 09:55 PM) *
Signature OCD.

Psy
Consider it centered.... I may work on making it smaller in a month or so, but I've got tons of content left to add to the site first.
DiO
*posts to see achievements.

Fucking-a on the site Mr. Elliot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.