Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
ThomasH
Created with permission.

Red Dead Redemption is the story of former outlaw John Marston and will take place at the turn of the 20th century when the “lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age.” “Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.” “The team at San Diego have massively exceeded our expectations with the sheer depth of experiences in Red Dead Redemption,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “The seamless combination of breathtaking beauty and intense action, all woven together with strong plotlines in a massive vibrant, rural environment is mind-blowing. We think this game helps to push the limits of what an open-world gaming experience can be.” The game will use Rockstar’s proprietary RAGE game engine, which was used in Table Tennis, Grand Theft Auto IV and Midnight Club: Los Angles. The game will feature an open-world environment which will include frontier towns, wildlife-packed prairies and mountain passes.

Traveling between these towns and cities illustrates one of the most interesting aspects of Red Dead Redemption, its “dynamic event system.”
When Marston’s traveling, whether on horseback or via stagecoach, he’ll run into dynamically generated scenarios, including ambushes from thieves, police arrests, even attacks from mountain lions.
The slow motion “Dead Eye” system of lining up shots in “bullet time” is back and Rockstar reps made good use of the mechanic to fill enemies full of holes, rescuing the kidnapped Bonnie.
There’s definitely some “wild” in Red Dead Redemption’s wild west, as a working ecosystem that includes vultures, bears, cougars, wolves, snakes, armadillos, and rabbits will interact with itself—and with John.
Red Dead Redemption takes place roughly 50 Years after Revolver.
Each horse will have different abilities – Steal a Horse from Town it should be kept in fairly well condition.
Marston can encounter snakes, armadillos, cougars, wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, buzzards and Bears.
Marston can get ambushed.
Marston can trade with Merchant in Town – (Buy or Sell) Including these: General supplies, weapons and even animal skins.
Abandoned Saloon during the day at Night full of Townies.
Marston can play range of Mini Games while in Town – Gamble Townies Money away at Poker.
Marston can highjack other Horses on the move. The Draw Distance looked particularly impressive.
The Red Dead World will be populated with Forests, Rivers, Bustling Towns, and possibly even Snow.
Day/Night Cycle in the Game.
Rage and Natural Motion’s Euphoria which will be applied to Marston and Animals in the Game to make their Animation more lifelike.
Western Themed Music and Effects which helped to create an atmosphere of tension.
Red Dead Redemption is a sequel to Red Dead Revolver which was bought from Capcom by Rockstar Games.
It’s a massive game, bigger then any other GTA.
You will explorer the world like GTA, open new areas on missions, you can ride trains, horses,etc.
The horses he saw in the game are the most realistic to date, if you find a wild horse you have to tame it before you can ride it.
You can kill animals, get their skin and sell it.
It’s a really big game, a Cinematic Experience.

Wallpapers. Screenshots and screencaptures right here. I will update this topic when more information emerges.
Kamahl
this game looks pretty cool, and ive never been a fan of this kind of games... Does it have a release date now?
ThomasH
No it's been delayed until begin 2010.
DuPz0r
I read recently that you can kill any living thing in this game. So that sounds cool. A wild west GTA by the sounds of it biggrin.gif
RamzKilla
Yea it sure does sound like a great game, and anything made by R* is Great! in my books.
ConQueSteD
i'm debating on if i should get this game or not, it looks great, but i don't have money for all the games.
The Awesome One
Looking forward to this. Looks great. Bring on 2010!
Massacre
Is it R* betrayal that I don't care about this game? I feel guilty...
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 13 2009, 02:21 AM) *

Maybe R* wont let you get BoGT now.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 03:08 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 13 2009, 02:21 AM) *

Maybe R* wont let you get BoGT now.

Well... Shit.

*Preorders RDR*
Seeen
This game sounds fuckin' BillyMayzing. One of my favorite things about San Andreas was the countryside/desert exploration. From the sounds of things, this is gonna be the best western game ever.
ThomasH
Some new screenshots! smile.gif

PabloHoneyOle
This on my "distant horizon" of videogames. Nothing to get too excited about. Yet.
Psy
Looks awesome. Not really followed it too much, but I think I'll get it.
Seeen
GTA in the old west? Shooooot, MUST OWN.
OptimumPx
I've never been a huge fan of westerns....but I have to admit that this is looking very cool. I will have to purchase this. smile.gif
The Awesome One
I cant wait to get my hands on this. It just better not clash with I am Alive.
ThomasH
New Screenies. smile.gif

Massacre
Damn, this looks good. Not my kind of game, but I think I might get it anyway.
bOnEs
wow, this is my first look at the screenshots... those look amazing!! i've seen the trailer a hundred times but, those screenshots were very impressive...

grand theft auto meets tombstone... and it's said to be bigger than san andreas too... i can't wait to hear a release date on this soon...
DANNY B0Y
This sounds like a good game to play when it comes out.
ThomasH
Rockstar is going to release a new trailer featuring their upcoming western shooter: Red Dead Redemption on December 1st named: “My Name Is John Marston,”

Rockstar Writes
The official trailer for Red Dead Redemption, “My Name Is John Marston,” is coming in less than two weeks – Tuesday, December 1st, 2009.

ThomasH
Trailer released!

DANNY B0Y
I've just submitted a news article on it. Knowing my luck, someone's already done the same and had it accepted before mine. It's happened once and it'll probably happen again.
The Awesome One
This looks awesome. Hopefully we get bar fights.
angeal18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjC9pNKXEVg
^New trailer
Looks like a western San Andreas. Im impressed and im looking forward to new info regarding it.
The Awesome One
2010s going to be a good year.
DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 16 2009, 01:03 PM) *
2010s going to be a good year.

In gaming, pretty much so. I don't think many thigs will get interesting next year...just wait to see the tabloids coming off the arse-end of 2012.
ThomasH
The first gameplay trailer, what do you guys think of this trailer? In the way it's created?

Firs post is updated. smile.gif

DANNY B0Y
It's pretty awesome.
DiO
Wow. This game looks amazing.
bOnEs
damn, that video was like a complete synopsis of the game... this is my must have game of early next year, even more so than god of war III and heavy rain...

here's a good preview article i read a few days ago....

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-previews/398.html
trathen93
this is just a western gta isnt it. just like grand theft horse.
im definitely buying this game. *preordered*

edit: just realised that the grand theft horse idea is brilliant. r* could use it and mooch off the gta name(it'd be gth obviously) and give me some money.
The Awesome One
I cannot wait for the good or evil feature. Its about time R* released a game where you can be a good guy.
Marney1
R* get the whip out.
DuPz0r

I have some more news about this game.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 12 2010, 05:32 PM) *

I have some news, Epic Fail.
DuPz0r
Oh sorry. lolz

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/12/sources-...ent-in-trouble/
ThomasH
New screenshots and G4TV Preview. smile.gif

Massacre
God damn those screens look good, especially the last one.
ThomasH
New screenshots, check out the cover system. smile.gif

Full size.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm getting more and more excited about this game.

Definitely getting it on release day.
ThomasH
Red Dead Redemption Gamestop Pre-Order Outfit voting has begun

Rockstar is inviting us to take part in a voting process to choose what clothing article we want the pre-order bonus at Gamestop to be.

Take a look at the three contestants below:

Head on over to the voting site to read about each outfits benefits and cast your vote!
Massacre
Merchant. Assassin looks too similar to the normal outfit, and I don't like the hunter's hat, even though the rest of the outfit is cool.
Marney1
I'm interested to see how the horses crumple to the ground when you shoot one.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 26 2010, 12:54 PM) *
Merchant. Assassin looks too similar to the normal outfit, and I don't like the hunter's hat, even though the rest of the outfit is cool.

I kind of like the hunter's hat. But the merchant rocks, too.

QUOTE (demon2 @ Jan 26 2010, 01:14 PM) *
I'm interested to see how the horses crumple to the ground when you shoot one.

Maybe they will explode like the cows in Saboteur.
bOnEs
i don't like any of those outfits... i guess the mercenary one is the best as it reminds me so much of the saboteur... but, i don't like any of them really and if this is the only incentive to pre-order with gamestop then, i'll wait until i hear of something better somewhere else...
Bitch Heartless
pretty cool looking
Kamahl
ive never bought this kind of games, but this looks like it could be worth it! Ill buy it if i have money when it comes out
PabloHoneyOle
I never played Red Dead Revolver, but I did play Gun and I fucking LOVED Gun. It was basically GTA set in the Wild West. It had a decent story, pretty good gameplay and was really a lot of fun. I imagine Red Dead Redemption will be right up my alley, it looks like a better version of Gun - essentially a sequel to it as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.