Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Kuwong
awaiting hundreds of fan boys arguing in the comments.

I also don't want to say what I'm thinking, but after watching that it does look apparent one is better, but again only because you're comparing, without the comparison you'l not notice the problems with the graphics.
bOnEs
there's really not much of a difference... it's the usual, typical, complaints that the PS3 version looks a little more fuzzier... the differences were blown out of proportion on the internet a few days ago, to the point that it was convincing some not to get it for the PS3... it's really a sad day in gaming when minor graphical differences mean the world to people... it looks amazing on the PS3, i don't see where these complaints come from...
PabloHoneyOle
I said it before, I'll say it again 360 > PS3.

Anyway, I got to have a marathon session finally last night. I played from 5PM to about 2AM with an hour break somewhere in the mix.

All I can say is: Fucking Awesome.
bOnEs
getting trophies is hard work... i didn't get anything yesterday and so far, i've only gotten 5 of them... and i still haven't opened up any other territories, and i did like 3 or 4 main story missions too... so, new austin is still the only place i have to explore...

i did just steal the gatling gun so, i might be close...
DuPz0r
I'm loving the free roam. I did the first couple of missions and then started journeying out with my horse, killing and skinning anything I came across. I camped just near a cliff at night, after i saved it was light and i noticed i was by a waterfall. The game looks lovely and doesn't seem empty like you'd expect from a western landscape.

I also had a quick go on free roam online, and got my arse kicked for the first 10 minutes. I played around with the customization settings and chose by character. Seems pretty good so far.

PabloHoneyOle
This game is very reminiscent of Gun, by Activision; except 1000 times better. Gun had a good storyline, good controls, but there was no replay value and the small map was deserted after you beat the storyline. Aside from searching for the gold that eluded me and fight the same three bandits that attacked in the exact same place everytime, there wasn't much to do after beating the story.

I have been waiting for this game ever since I beat Gun and realized I would never play it again. I think I could get into a free roam anytime and never be bored again.
Kuwong
So it seems when the psychics go, it all goes. I'm currently in armadillo, two horse drawn carts bouncing about, one upside down with a horse hovering above it, a horse drawn carriage bouncing slightly, and whenever you run into a horse Marston will fly off them and go skidding about, or do a strange animation type dance in front of them.

All the same fault though.
JamieMilne
any recomendations for the perfect brightness/contrast settings, mines are all on defaul;t and its a little dark llol
Kuwong
I ended up going one to the right for brightness, one left for contrast one right for saturation. I think.

Also anyone know how to fix the cart glitch now, even after reloading my save the carts are still doing it!
JamieMilne
thanks,, how did the cart thing happen ?
Kuwong
No idea, I saved the game, came outside and they all were doing it. Seems something triggered it, not sure what. I can't try to replicate the circumstances or the causes, given I can't get it to stop on my only save file.
bOnEs
i always turn the brightness all the way up and the contrast and saturation up a little from default... i don't know why all game developers think we like our games real dark but, the default settings for every single fucking game is way too dark...
Kuwong
Depends on your TV really, it looks fantastic on mine. biggrin.gif
Marney1
Anyone watching this? I am, I've got nothing else to do. mellow.gif
asthenia
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Anyone watching this? I am, I've got nothing else to do. mellow.gif

Me... Got my copy Thurs, but I haven't been home since Wednesday.
TreeFitty
my internet is lagging too much. videofeed is shit for me.
Marney1
Quick question: Canyouplaywithnoblipslikeingta?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 21 2010, 08:46 PM) *
i always turn the brightness all the way up and the contrast and saturation up a little from default... i don't know why all game developers think we like our games real dark but, the default settings for every single fucking game is way too dark...

My TV has a bright screen as default so the setting look fine on mine. Some games need adjusting. Heavy rain was a fine example of being way too dark as default.
Jeff Threat
Ahh just finished the game a few hours ago. Now time to fuck up them grizzlys!
Kuwong
Blooody hell Jeff! I thought you hated it?
The Awesome One
I got it yesterday with a bunch of friends. It appears to be a marmite game, some people love it, and some people hate it. I think its great despite the slow start.
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 22 2010, 01:21 AM) *
Blooody hell Jeff! I thought you hated it?

Lol no! I was joking
Kuwong
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ May 22 2010, 07:26 AM) *
I got it yesterday with a bunch of friends. It appears to be a marmite game, some people love it, and some people hate it. I think its great despite the slow start.

How can anyone love it or hate it? It's more of a "everyone loves it and sees it for being a technical marvel in the world of games". The only people who hate it are COD faggots who play nothing but first person shooter clones.

Also what slow start, it's been great so far and I've done shit all! Had a few raid missions on people, killed a load of guys, hell I've spent ten hours having fun just exploring the area and playing Blackjack!
Marney1
Order status log
19/05/2010 06******/P Your order has been dispatched.
19/05/2010 06******/P Your order is currently being picked and packed.
18/05/2010 06******/P Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
17/05/2010 06******/P Your order is held for credit checking.
17/05/2010 06******/P Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
25/02/2010 06******/P Your order is currently held as a Preorder
Delivery Tracking

Remind me not to pre-order a blood transfusion from GameStation
trathen93
i picked up a copy at gamestation in widnes today, so the asda copy is getting sent back once it arrives.

now to get used to the controls.
Indy
This game is awesome. I went to Armadillo bank and managed to get a small $5 bounty. This annoyed me, so as the law came I killed them all, finally after they all died I roamed the streets on my horse killing everyone that I saw. It was awesome! I lasso'd people and dragged them across the town, reminiscent of Troy.
angeal18
I wish Poker was online....
bOnEs
QUOTE (angeal18 @ May 22 2010, 12:01 PM) *
I wish Poker was online....

me too... horseshoes, blackjack, liar's dice, 5-finger fillet, arm wrestling... all that shit...

i made it to mexico finally... i guess that west elizabeth is the last frontier to unlock then... i thought someone told us that two territories were unlocked at the start? that is not the case... the problem i have in mexico though is, I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING!! lol, even john makes funny comments like, "hey... umm, hola there!" laugh.gif...

and i got a kick ass trophy last night... i got the "kill 500 people with a rifle or shotgun"... my first silver from RDR... the kills count from both the single player game and the multiplayer games...
Marney1
I can't bare to watch anymore of the R* Social Club live stream. I'm going the pub to drown my sorrows........and a postman.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 22 2010, 12:53 PM) *
I can't bare to watch anymore of the R* Social Club live stream. I'm going the pub to drown my sorrows........and a postman.

that fucking blows man sad.gif... i'd have to kill someone too over this situation...
Kuwong
is it me or does Honour and Fame rise too easily? I've not left the first area yet and both my bars seem to be nearly full!
Massacre
What is your fame level called? I was only gunslinger by the end of the game.
Kuwong
Buckaroo, guess I got the gauges mixed up when they flashed up on screen. Could of sworn it was full.
asthenia
I bet Marney still gets to play it before me. These forums are fucking killing me.
TreeFitty

<--- still doesn't have the game

mellow.gif
asthenia
How come?
TreeFitty
haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. sleep.gif probably do that this week.
asthenia
Ouch. We can hold e-hands when we fire it up together.
Indy
If you go to the bar at armadillo and go onto the balcony, follow it around to the left and there is a little opening. Call your horse. It nearly always lines up perfectly so that you can jump and land on your horse like in the movies. I've only actually accomplished it once but it is possible, just jump and quickly mount the horse while in mid-air.
Kuwong
I vaulted the balcony once and landed right on my horse tethered up outside. Didn't press any buttons, didn't know you could even do it. Was pretty cool.
bOnEs
must... try... this...
asthenia
First thing I'ma do!
Kuwong
it woulda been cooler had the horse not been facing the building as I'd of been able to gallop away in proper western style. Oh well
asthenia
Stupid horses
bOnEs
i tried this... it was pretty cool biggrin.gif...
Massacre
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 23 2010, 10:57 AM) *
Goodbye horses

asthenia
LIKE!
coreyko_2003
I just opened up Thieves Landing, and I'd have to say thats my favorite place so far.......other than the fact that its ALWAYS overcast skies sleep.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ May 24 2010, 04:26 PM) *
I just opened up Thieves Landing, and I'd have to say thats my favorite place so far.......other than the fact that its ALWAYS overcast skies sleep.gif

yea, i noticed that too... it always looks like i just missed a thunderstorm laugh.gif... the grounds wet and the skies are murky...
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 03:54 PM) *
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ May 24 2010, 04:26 PM) *

yea, i noticed that too... it always looks like i just missed a thunderstorm laugh.gif... the grounds wet and the skies are murky...

Yeah, the first time I went there, I noticed that and thought to myself "Oh, I must've just got here on a bad day, oh well, its nice either way"......and then I went back to MacFarlene Ranch to do some hunting to get enough money to buy the house in Thieve's Landing, and I went back to buy the house, and it was really nice (weather-wise) till I got under that bridge and it got shitty out......and've been staying out there for now and never noticed a sunny day haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.