Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
coreyko_2003
Seeing as I've been doing a lot of hunting lately, I noticed that coyotes, and wolves deserved to be shot......they're mean as fuck......I wound up killing two of them in one go last night......probably just narrowly escaping death sleep.gif

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 19 2010, 12:20 PM) *
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 19 2010, 01:16 PM) *
is your horse invisable for the entire time online ?

no, but it's probably invisible about half the time... jump online and check it out, it's weird... i hope R* releases a patch to fix the problem today...

has anyone watched a film yet in armadillo??... it's fucking classic rockstar humor laugh.gif...

Yeah, I saw the film....It was pretty funny laugh.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Deadly Assassin = Rich Stoic

I just sold my preorder code for the Deadly Assassin outfit on eBay for $30. Boom.
bOnEs
wait until you run into the cougars... i jumped off my horse to skin a deer and BAM!! two cougars surrounded me and took me out in like less than a second... it scared the shit out of me... i scream so loud that my friend sitting next to me screamed too laugh.gif...
Jeff Threat
I been getting drunk.
Kuwong
I don't think Jeff is happy. Did it not have enough sex for you to like it?
Massacre
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 19 2010, 02:38 PM) *
I just sold my preorder code for the Deadly Assassin outfit on eBay for $30. Boom.

*Tries to un-use code*
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 19 2010, 03:24 PM) *

*Tries to un-use code*

Yeah, demand is a motherfucker. I figure I'd rather have $30 than an ingame outfit.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 19 2010, 08:31 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 19 2010, 03:24 PM) *

*Tries to un-use code*

Yeah, demand is a motherfucker. I figure I'd rather have $30 than an ingame outfit.

You thrifty bastard. I'll be using mine though.
DiO
Cowboys can't swim apparently.
asthenia
QUOTE (DiO @ May 19 2010, 11:12 PM) *
Cowboys can't swim apparently.

We've known that weeks, apparently.
JamieMilne
ive pre order the special edition, i was wonderin that if you redeem the codes for the special outfit and stuff, does give you an advantage over the story, cause id like to play it unaided
Marney1
Apparently mine's in the post now. biggrin.gif
Massacre
Okay, so I just got into Mexico, and I found a spot where wolves just keep respawning, over and over. I don't know if it's a glitch, or if R* just loves me, but I now have 30 Wolf Pelts + Wolf meat, as well as 14 Wolf Hearts. Apparently some wolves don't have hearts.
Hardcore Ottoman
I've noticed whenever gang members try to take you out after playing bounty hunter, they take you out quickly on your horse but on foot you last much longer health wise.
Kuwong
So tell me people who have the game already. What difficultly setting are you playing on? Is it as hard as it could be or still easy enough?
Niko Fira
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 19 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Okay, so I just got into Mexico, and I found a spot where wolves just keep respawning, over and over. I don't know if it's a glitch, or if R* just loves me, but I now have 30 Wolf Pelts + Wolf meat, as well as 14 Wolf Hearts. Apparently some wolves don't have hearts.

must.......know where..!! i just also got to Mexico, where you get that new secret thing witch is just awesome and don't want to spoil to anyone else, oh you know what i'm talking about wink.gif. but yeah i really want to knw because wolf pelt/meat really sell for high.
asthenia
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 20 2010, 05:17 AM) *

Obviously your buckshot exploded their hearts.

Also, mark it on a map for us? I'll give you 15 wolf hearts if you'd do that for us... '_'
Kuwong
Hey guys guess who's copy arrived in the UK A day early! biggrin.gif
JamieMilne
a lot of people are getting in the post preorderd sad.gif i wish shops like hmv would give out instore preorderd ones a day before aswell, i could go up right now and get it lol,
Kuwong
No as that would be against the rules of them selling games a day early. Online stores get away with it as they claim "We posted it a day early as we figured there'd be a delay". You should know these things.
JamieMilne
yeah well a was just sayin lol
Kuwong
Just about to start, will probably report back in about six hours to declare my feelings for the game. Assuming I can drag myself away from it for five minutes!

Only just got off the train, but wow it's amazing. Graphics look fantastic, the world seems really alive, I just love it and I've done shit all so far! Currently changing the display settings to get it looking right, something which could take me days to do!
PabloHoneyOle
I haven't really gotten to dedicate the time that I normally would to this game. I am certainly in no rush to beat it, I am looking forward to a quality experience. I've only played for about three or four hours in the past two days, mostly because of my wedding anniversary and being exhausted from my weekend of strippers and alcohol in New Orleans. The wife will be out of town this weekend and I should be all rested up and caught up on errands to be able to dedicate myself to the game properly this weekend.

The few hours I have played have been awesome. The graphics are insane. The West never looked this beautiful, especially at night, under the starry skies.

I'll probably get to play a few more hours tonight and tomorrow night if I am not working. The marathon starts on Saturday.
ViceMan
So it arrived about 40 minutes ago, just done the first shooting mission with Bonnie. The controls will take a bit of getting used to, it's weird holding down X to make the horse gallop and L2 to aim then R2 to fire, but i'll get the hang of it.

Has anyone noticed the similarity between the intro to this and GTA IV? Both start with the protagonist getting off a boat, and then a car is unloaded by a crane.
Kuwong
The horse controls are a bit strange, given I thought it was tap X/A to the required speed then hold it to keep at that speed. But it seems you hold the X/A button to walk at the same speed as a nearby horse, tap X/A to gallop and hold X/A when alone to trot. To keep at a gallop you have to tap the button, but not continuously or you get thrown off. Pretty clever actually.

And I do agree shooting is pretty damn hard when it comes to doing it on a horse, having to twist about aiming, but I'l get there in the end. Still trying to see if my display settings are right or not too, hard to get it right for outside and inside houses. Might settle for making the outdoors look great as there is a lot of outdoors and little indoors I imagine!
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 20 2010, 12:17 AM) *

jesus christ, i haven't even opened up blackwater yet laugh.gif... new austin is still the only territory open for me... but, i found a place near gaptooth ridge that kept respawning wolves too... i was merely just trying to kill and skin 5 of them with a knife for the hunting challenge and they just kept respawning over and over... i got up to like 20 pelts and decided that was enough... so i set up camp and travel to armadillo... when i whistled for my horse, they sent one that wasn't even my horse... apparently i lost my steed in the wolf battle sad.gif... today i am going to head out and try and see if i can't get myself a wild mustang for my next horse biggrin.gif... i went online too but, i only managed to play a couple of games before the servers booted me offline for good... i couldn't get back into a freeroam session the rest of the night so i tried to do some evil things without saving...

i amassed a bounty of over a thousand dollars but, failed to see what would happen since i killed another person when the sheriffs had all died, and the whole bounty thing started all over again... i want to see what would happen so, i'll give it another shot...

i tried to rob the train but, nothing worked... i tried it a few times... the first time i shot the conductor, which stopped the train... the second time i tried to hold the passengers at gunpoint but, nothing happened... 3rd time i tried to hold the conductor at gunpoint and still, nothing happened... am i missing something here, or have i not unlocked this ability yet?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 20 2010, 12:17 AM) *

Something similar at Riley's Charge, I shot about 75 deer, almost in a row. They just kept coming. I ran out of rifle ammo and had to switch to my revolver.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 20 2010, 02:49 PM) *
The horse controls are a bit strange, given I thought it was tap X/A to the required speed then hold it to keep at that speed. But it seems you hold the X/A button to walk at the same speed as a nearby horse, tap X/A to gallop and hold X/A when alone to trot. To keep at a gallop you have to tap the button, but not continuously or you get thrown off. Pretty clever actually.

Well here's how i've got it;

Holding X does keep your horse at the same speed, but out on the open trail you'll spend most of your time tapping X anyway to gallop faster (it does help to have a dualshock here as it vibrates when the horse is close to bucking you.). Tapping L1 will slow your horse and holding it will bring your horse to a stop.

I'll have to see how the holding X to follow someone helps, cause i've only done 2 missions so far, plus one side challenge, and killed about 200 different animals. But if you hold X and O you should be able to follow them as they turn too.
Kuwong
it never really tells you these things does it? least not yet.
trathen93
im looking forward to spending all of my weekend (or nearly all) on RDR, god i only wish asda could deliver each game early like gameplay.
Massacre
Hey kids, the blue bar on the left side of your radar is your horse's stamina. When it runs out, he throws you. And knowing when you've kicked your horse too much is something all you cowpokes can get behind.

HAHAHA

Hardcore Ottoman
I've only been ejected once.

Also, anyone been trying to figure out the horse with the most speed or stamina? It seems my horses always take bullets...
Kuwong
So a minor annoyance of mine. You cant set up your portable camp anywhere. I keep getting told either I'm "too close to a town/settlement" or "too near a road/water to set up camp, find a more open plain."

Quite the pain when your horse just died and somehow got skinned on its own. ph34r.gif
bOnEs
all you have to do is venture just about 10 feet off the road and just outside of a town... it's not really hard to do and, i fail to see the annoyance of that... the REAL annoyance i have with this system is i thought i could use other peoples campsites for fast travel... instead, all i can do is listen to them tell tales...

i was a little disappointed in that...
Kuwong
You can't do that? That's a shame. Can you save at them, etc?

Oh and I was nowhere near a road when that happened and there was water all over the place, it would have been a long run to get away from it all without my horse, who had died. It was annoying.
bOnEs
nope, can't save at them either... so, i really see no point in them at all... just to hear a conversation usually concerning your exploits in the west, that's it..
asthenia
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 20 2010, 10:51 PM) *
nope, can't save at them either... so, i really see no point in them at all... just to hear a conversation usually concerning your exploits in the west, that's it..

And watch the beautiful world unravel in front of your eyes... I never expected more than that - we were ne'er alluded to think otherwise.
My RDR arrived in the post Thursday morning - can't play as I'm on a business trip. Let's hope I don't die on the 100 mile drive home, coming here was treacherous. Fucking nutters on the road.

bOnEs - you got any graphical issues? Propaganda is swilling around about the PS3 version. As usual.

Monday/Tuesday can't come fast enough.
DuPz0r
I've still got to wait a few more hours. Goin to get some sleep then go pick rdr up in the morning!
Kuwong
one thing I have noticed that is probably not a graphics bug, is whenever you rotate the camera around the character the background blurs, pretty sure it's purposefully made motion blur, however when you stop there is a millisecond where it's out of focus and looks like it's rendering it there and then. It's more noticeable if you rotate the camera slowly, as it blurs slightly, then has to un-blur, looking a bit un-natural.

Other than that I've seen no graphical faults on the 360 version, no pop in at all, edges are nice and crisp, colours are good, textures seem fantastic, but theres always someone who will claim otherwise.

But yeah in my eyes the graphics of the game are astounding, and so far seem fault free, aside from the above one I mentioned.
Jeff Threat
Oh man, so far I have spent over 36hours on this game, yes.... I haven't slept in the last few days lol. I am in love with this game, found me a bald eagle.. I prolly spelt that wrong. Oh well
Hardcore Ottoman
My PS3 copy has no pop-up. Slight drop in detail two miles out when rotating the camera. Nothing to complain about.
asthenia
You guys are helping me get thru. This week sucks.
Kuwong
it's totally awful and really not worth waiting for you know, it's like, so boring and bland, just lots of boring stuff happening. If I wanted to go spank a cow I'd do it in real life, this game gets an F-.
JamieMilne
i got the special edition today, how do i access the soundtrack that comes with it. the rockstar code only covers the 3 extra items
DuPz0r
I picked my copy up at GAME this morning w/out pre-order. I got a free code for the deadly assassin outfit.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ May 21 2010, 02:47 PM) *
I picked my copy up at GAME this morning w/out pre-order. I got a free code for the deadly assassin outfit.

I'm still waiting for mine from GameStation, the fuckers said they sent it out on the 18th so it would arrive release day. angry.gif

3:15pm + No RDR = Kill Postman
trathen93
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 02:57 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ May 21 2010, 02:47 PM) *

I'm still waiting for mine from GameStation, the fuckers said they sent it out on the 18th so it would arrive release day. angry.gif

3:15pm + No RDR = Kill Postman

you're not the only one marney. my asda copy hasnt shown up and it was sent on the 18th. fuckers. if it comes tomorrow then ill be happy, if not the shit is going to hit the fan.
Marney1
You got a gun? We'll go down to the sorting office and settle this.
trathen93
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 03:33 PM) *
You got a gun? We'll go down to the sorting office and settle this.

wish i had a gun, i bet my fuckin copy is in the office in widnes aswell. fucks me right off, we've had a different postman for the last few months and both games that ive pre-ordered have been late. coincidence or his fuck up?
zeeshan810
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.