Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
darko
Well I guess there won't be angry people whining about racism in the game (I hope).
JamieMilne
why do i keep reading that the ps3 version has broken framerate and bad controls ?

is this just all fan boy talk ?
Hardcore Ottoman
Where?
JamieMilne
a vid posted on page 40 , the youtube comments all had people saying that the shooting for ps3 is r2 instead of r1, and i read it on gamespot fourms.
Niko Fira
http://www.vimeo.com/11763155
this is probably the best quality i've seen, i mean i stopped watching after he starts talking to her but the graphics/sound is great.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 16 2010, 10:51 PM) *
this is probably the best quality i've seen, i mean i stopped watching after he starts talking to her but the graphics/sound is great.

The game and the graphics look amazing but that particular vid fuckin sucked........only because it was soooooooooo laggy and shit.
Niko Fira
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ May 16 2010, 09:10 PM) *
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 16 2010, 10:51 PM) *

The game and the graphics look amazing but that particular vid fuckin sucked........only because it was soooooooooo laggy and shit.

lol it's vimeo HD, i'm pretty sure it was just your pc, because i didn't notice any lag.
darko
Me neither. Nice find btw, thanks biggrin.gif! Good quality.
JamieMilne
looks good, it mostly just looks like the streams ive seen but lol. apart from the lighting effect, thats pretty coool
andy42s
tomorrow! tomorrow! tomorrow!
JamieMilne
friday friday friday ..... sad.gif lol
Indy
Are there any collectables in-game? (Like pigeons or packages from GTA)
bOnEs
QUOTE (Indy @ May 17 2010, 08:29 AM) *
Are there any collectables in-game? (Like pigeons or packages from GTA)

i would think so... maybe they'll be whiskey bottles or crows...
coreyko_2003
Less than 12 hours =D
ViceMan
So uh, it's not released here till Friday;

Dear Mr Ferriday,

Order number(s): 07051758/P

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!
JamieMilne
mines is preordered with hmv, so gettin up early on friday morning and gettin it just as the shop opens haha
bOnEs
i can't wait until it's 12:20am... that'll mean i am at home installing the game, lighting a joint, and getting ready to embark on my epic journey through the west biggrin.gif...
Massacre
I still don't know if I'm going to the midnight release or not...
bOnEs
i don't really want to but, i have tuesday off form work so, why not... otherwise, i'd be in no rush to play and probably would of been able to wait until i got out of work on tuesday... instead, am not working so, i can stay up until 4 in the morning... might as well do it i guess... forecast calls for rain though sad.gif...

plus, i am hoping they hand out a deck of kick-ass looking playing cards for those who stood in line...
Hardcore Ottoman
Every video link posted has been taken down...
PabloHoneyOle
I have paid in full for my copy. It will be available at midnight, but I think jetlag and a three day hangover will keep me in bed tonight.

Then I have to work ALL day Tuesday and Wednesday is my wedding anniversary. I might get fired and divorced in the next two days.

I copied that from another thread I posted in. Seems more fitting here.
ViceMan
I might have it by Wednesday at this rate, but we'll see.
JamieMilne
anybody think that i could pick up my pre order from hmv on thursday instead of friday ? i dunno never tried it before, but somepeople manage to get it the day before loll
ViceMan
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 09:07 PM) *
anybody think that i could pick up my pre order from hmv on thursday instead of friday ? i dunno never tried it before, but somepeople manage to get it the day before loll

I dunno, they might let you.
asthenia
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 09:07 PM) *

No man, HMV will laugh in your face... Too much risk if they break street date.
JamieMilne
aw sad.gif im not that bothered i know il get a copy in friday, jsut thought ad take a chance lol
Niko Fira
i had my pre-order on Best-Buy since march 27th and uhhhh...i couldn't resist it, lol went to my local game store and got me a copy, the case is sealed and un-opened infront of my computer screen, so much for war horse, but i just couldn't wait LOL...well i'm off to play, have fun tonight at the midnight launch U.S.A and hats off to Europe too.
SirPsychoSexy
Well, only a couple of hours left for most of you guys. Some of us aren't getting it until friday!
zeeshan810
5 HOURS LEFT! foolish (6).gif lol.gif fam (1).gif clap.gif Jumpy.gif roll2.gif scooter.gif tongue.gif spam.gif pedobearqx1.png
darko
Lucky bastard tongue.gif!
CamelSmoker420
i still got awhile since i live on the west coast and i dont get it till tommorow till my mom gets off
JamieMilne
can i jsut have this cleared up finally lol cause the more i read comments on other sites the more i get confused lol.

is the ps3 version a port of the 360 version cause i thought they were both designed specificly for each console ?
bOnEs
they were both designed at the same exact time... they tackled each issue together... both games are supposedly identical... to me though, that shit doesn't matter... if they are close enough, i'm fine... i just don't want to see another bayonetta port for the PS3... it scored nearly 2 points less in most reviews to the 360 version...

about 4 hours to go...
JamieMilne
i have no idea what you mean when you say " another bayonetta port " sad.gif lol
zeeshan810
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 07:34 PM) *
can i jsut have this cleared up finally lol cause the more i read comments on other sites the more i get confused lol.

is the ps3 version a port of the 360 version cause i thought they were both designed specificly for each console ?

Both versions look the same..I saw the PS3 and Xbox 360 gameplay and I don't see the difference.
JamieMilne
ive saw both versions too and to be honest i thought the ps3 looked a whole lot better but that could be down to 360 stream on justin tv and ps3 video from ipod lol

but ive just been reading stuff and people are sayin theres problems with the ps3 version, like screen tearing ? wahts that haha. blurryness lol. and they said that it happend with gta iv on the ps3 too, but i thought gta iv looked amazing on ps3 lol
zeeshan810
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 07:48 PM) *
ive saw both versions too and to be honest i thought the ps3 looked a whole lot better but that could be down to 360 stream on justin tv and ps3 video from ipod lol

but ive just been reading stuff and people are sayin theres problems with the ps3 version, like screen tearing ? wahts that haha. blurryness lol. and they said that it happend with gta iv on the ps3 too, but i thought gta iv looked amazing on ps3 lol

GTA IV on the PS3 was thumbup.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 07:41 PM) *
i have no idea what you mean when you say " another bayonetta port " sad.gif lol

bayonetta was originally built on the 360 but, when they ported it to the PS3, they took a shit on it... it was so bad that reviewers scored the PS3 version considerably lower than the 360 version... the graphics looked horrible, the load times were massive, and the framerate dropped to like 20 in most places... SEGA fucked that one up...

that should never happen again because, most developers know what their doing now and they get them close enough nowadays...
Jeff Threat
if the game looks better than the other (360 or PS3), please get a new TV, it's not the game... it's just your TV.
JamieMilne
what you mean if the game looks better than the other ? lol
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 08:00 PM) *

i dont know, i am very very tired. so dont mind me.

but all in all... Ps3 & 360 look the same, you cant judge them through your ipod or some stupid. get both consoles and do your own test.
zeeshan810

lol..yeah Jeff. laugh.gif
Edit: ok Jeff..GO TO SLEEP!
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (zeeshan810 @ May 17 2010, 08:05 PM) *

can't goto sleep, must get ready for the Midnight release. I might even take pics.. WHAT!?
zeeshan810
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 17 2010, 08:07 PM) *
QUOTE (zeeshan810 @ May 17 2010, 08:05 PM) *

I might even take pics..

Then don't go to SLEEP. Post pics tomorrow.
JamieMilne
i have both consoles haha,. the only reason i got the 360 was to get gta episodes and now i got them on ps3 i never use the 360, thats the only game i have for it.

its basicly just taking up room on my desk sad.gif like a peice of junk ( no fanboyism intended ) lol.
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 08:11 PM) *
i have both consoles haha,. the only reason i got the 360 was to get gta episodes and now i got them on ps3 i never use the 360, thats the only game i have for it.

its basicly just taking up room on my desk sad.gif like a peice of junk ( no fanboyism intended ) lol.

I have both console, i use my PS3 for sometiems netflix and blue-ray. but i might get RDR for both.. I dont know yet.. only cause i know i will be on 360 more.
andy42s
I'm very tempted to go to get it at midnight, but I have a new job, and can't blow off work. My wife is gonna pick it up for me tomorrow, so I can come straight home from work and play RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!!!!! (sorry European guys) smile.gif
Jeff Threat
Well this is my boodbye (for now). maybe see you tomorrow or tonight. whoi knows. but everyone getting RDR tonight enjoy!
JamieMilne
why are people moaning that the shoot button is R2, i even saw one person canceled there pre-order beacuse of this reason smile.gif).
Hardcore Ottoman
Actually going to have to wait on this. Sort of paying off lots of stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.