Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
asthenia
Has anyone played Lead & Gold? If I had a HDTV I'd give it a go, looks abit small scale and a struggle to play on SD.
bOnEs
i'm not really interested in a online-only game right now... i don't play online much to begin with... but, i guess i'd be interested in it if i liked strategic online shooters... lead and gold looks like fun but, limited fun to me...
asthenia
Another reason I'm hesitant to buy it... I think I'd get some good playtime out of it with friends, but I never randomly go online these days.

Anyway - DAMN those horses look good. The Gamespot article was really interesting too.

-edit-

2 really interesting IGN articles, I'll warn of spoilers, but they really aren't that spoiling. Just to do with the ways they played for 6 hours of the game.

RDR: The Hero

RDR: The Outlaw (Josey Wales)

The article is out. I'm on my iPod Touch atm so can't write a news article.
zeeshan810
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 01:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 11 2010, 06:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 09:56 AM) *

thanks for posting it, saw it just a few second before you posted it, so eager to see what they reveal, hopefully we'll get that last part of the map, though if they did, i really don't know what they'll have for us for this last week.
cheers everyone smile.gif

This article will just be the challenges, there's more news on the DLC modes to come yet, and the last part of the map, and a few more bits I'm forgetting... There won't be any more news after next Tuesday though (not sure if you're Euro or not) cause NA gets it on the 18th (who am I kidding, you knew that already).

Your right R* will also release the new Trailer on Thursday.

Its says under the t-shirts - "Unlock The Posse T-Shirt For You Xbox or PSN Avatar"
BAMF
Next week at this time we'll be IN it!!! I'll only be about an hour into it because I'm picking it up Tuesday after work.

thumbup.gif
TreeFitty
Clothing is on sale
BAMF
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Another reason I'm hesitant to buy it... I think I'd get some good playtime out of it with friends, but I never randomly go online these days.

Anyway - DAMN those horses look good. The Gamespot article was really interesting too.

-edit-

2 really interesting IGN articles, I'll warn of spoilers, but they really aren't that spoiling. Just to do with the ways they played for 6 hours of the game.

The article is out. I'm on my iPod Touch atm so can't write a news article atm.

Good articles, Asthenia! I appreciate the detail on how things might go for you being more or less honorable. My intention is to model the ambiguity of Marston's character to its fullest, meaning that I will be opportunistic rather than intentionally good or bad. My quiz result was "Maverick" which was almost like reading my horoscope - LOL - "You are a kind of Wild West proto-hippy who hasn't quite grasped the 'peace' component...You're conflicted and drink heavily." Yup, that about nails it! cool.gif
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 11 2010, 06:54 PM) *

ha! I got that first shirt already
zeeshan810
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 11 2010, 06:34 PM) *
Next week at this time we'll be IN it!!! I'll only be about an hour into it because I'm picking it up Tuesday after work.

thumbup.gif

Same..do you think RDR will be sold out at 3:00 PM at EBGames? Because i didn't pre-order. sad.gif
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 11 2010, 07:23 PM) *
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 11 2010, 06:34 PM) *

thumbup.gif

Same..do you think RDR will be sold out at 3:00 PM at EBGames? Because i didn't pre-order. sad.gif

They should, but it's best you throw that $5 down on it.
zeeshan810
Here in Canada GameStop is selling RDR (Special Edition) for $67 including tax. I am going to pre-order on Friday from GameStop (Online). tongue.gif When do you think my game is going to arrive? scooter.gif

The GameStop Special Edition also includes the original soundtrack and comes in its own unique packaging.

Are we going to get a Special Edition Box? or a Original Box???
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 11 2010, 09:00 PM) *
anyway, in a tiny bit of news, Yahoo article about western games as the new trend. And a GameSpot article to go with the new screens.

One or two interesting games there, I'll make a mental note.

asthenia
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 11 2010, 11:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 02:31 PM) *

-edit-

The article is out. I'm on my iPod Touch atm so can't write a news article atm.

Good articles, Asthenia! I appreciate the detail on how things might go for you being more or less honorable. My intention is to model the ambiguity of Marston's character to its fullest, meaning that I will be opportunistic rather than intentionally good or bad. My quiz result was "Maverick" which was almost like reading my horoscope - LOL - "You are a kind of Wild West proto-hippy who hasn't quite grasped the 'peace' component...You're conflicted and drink heavily." Yup, that about nails it! cool.gif

That's how I'm going to play aswell... Hell, it's how I play life! I liked in The Hero how he said he'd be riding through the country and hear shots going off, but not be able to do anything about it, adds realism. Whether it's hopeless for you to save them, or satisfying for you to know some Outlaw's just offed a Stagecoach full of people and taken their goods.

Also - why has no one mentioned the Social Club cheat they put in the article - fire bullets!
ViceMan
Just think, the game has probably gone gold by now.
asthenia
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 12 2010, 09:56 AM) *
Just think, the game has probably gone gold by now.

Apparently some GameStops in the US have got it already. Struggling to believe that, but it is only a week from release over there.. less than that.

-edit- Appalling English.
Jeff Threat
Well here you go, explore West Elizabeth

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemp...th_%28the_north
bOnEs
sweet... it's not nearly as big as the other parts of the map but, something tells me its densely packed... isn't this suppose to be the section of the map that is higher-class??
Jeff Threat
i am gonna assume bOnes
asthenia
Yes it is, bOnEs. There's an early City there, cars are first seen there, paved streets... It's going to be Red Dead Liberty there.

Well... Maybe not THAT advanced.
bOnEs
there's of course the redwood forest up this way but, i think there's going to be a town that resembles a 1900's liberty city over there biggrin.gif... filled with cement sidewalks and cars, just a hunch...

isn't this land suppose to be the new hollywood that one character talked about? that'd make this land high society...

EDIT: ast, you beat me to it biggrin.gif...
asthenia
Haha. I read that until the edit going "What the fuck.. ? Is he making fun of me or something with that Liberty City shit? I thought we were friends sad.gif"
ViceMan
While it isn't as big as the other two, it will still probably be bigger than SA, so big enough. (Speaking of which, if this is set in the same universe as GTA, it'd be nice to have some references to SA, maybe a mention of a newly founded town towards the west called Los Santos, or maybe something a bit more subtle.)
Massacre
Las Venturas reference.
Jeff Threat
this game will be so damn Epic! So... is anyone else gonan creat 3 diffrent game saves for thi (Good, Bad and the Neutral)
Massacre
Neutral? Where's the fun in not having lynch mobs (legal or otherwise) hounding you constantly?
ViceMan
I wonder how far the cars will travel before they inevitably break down, would be nice getting it to the Mexico area then crashing it into a ravine.
Jeff Threat
i have a feeling we wont be able to use the cars. just a feeling.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 12 2010, 01:10 PM) *
i have a feeling we wont be able to use the cars. just a feeling.

i agree... remember how bad niko was at riding bikes? R* told us it was because he wasn't familiar with them so, he couldn't drive them like johnny could... marston isn't familiar with cars so, i am sure he has no clue how to use them... but, i bet he discovers how explosive they are biggrin.gif...
Jeff Threat
haha! Sounds about right to me
asthenia
Final/Launch Trailer tomorrow.
zeeshan810
ViceMan
Was waiting for Fitty to do that, but... y'know... he's useless.

So we start in New Austin right?
zeeshan810
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 12 2010, 05:12 PM) *

Yeah we start in New Austin..then we go to West Elizabeth and we finish the story in Nuevo Paraiso.
bOnEs
ohh, i thought west elizabeth was the final frontier... these are the voyagers of the starsh.... sorry...

i thought we bounced around between mexico and texas for a while before we ventured into the snotty district...
zeeshan810
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 12 2010, 05:22 PM) *
ohh, i thought west elizabeth was the final frontier... these are the voyagers of the starsh.... sorry...

i thought we bounced around between mexico and texas for a while before we ventured into the snotty district...

He goes to Nuevo Paraiso because he heard Bill is hiding there.
bOnEs
well yea, isn't that near the beginning? actually, don't tell me, i don't want to be spoiled biggrin.gif...

i wonder though if all districts are open at the start of the game... i mean come on, you can't block off parts of the map because of terrorism or bridge construction, right?? maybe we can go anywhere we want to at the start... it's just that the missions will follow a certain structure...
zeeshan810
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 12 2010, 05:28 PM) *
well yea, isn't that near the beginning? actually, don't tell me, i don't want to be spoiled biggrin.gif...

i wonder though if all districts are open at the start of the game... i mean come on, you can't block off parts of the map because of terrorism or bridge construction, right?? maybe we can go anywhere we want to at the start... it's just that the missions will follow a certain structure...

Your right..the Map will be open from the beginning of the game (not like GTA where bridges are under construction).

Watch the Kotaku podcast. They chat with Red Dead Redemption creators (Rockstar’s Jeronimo Barrera and Rob Nelson).
bOnEs
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 12 2010, 05:33 PM) *
Watch the Kotaku podcast. They chat with Red Dead Redemption creators (Rockstar’s Jeronimo Barrera and Rob Nelson).

i'll check it out later tonight... i'm leaving work soon and heading to the local saloon to drink and gamble, seriously biggrin.gif... well, if you consider team trivia night gambling... but the drinking part was true...
Flea
That looks pretty huge that map, how much do you think sanandreas would take up on that map? half mabe??
bOnEs
QUOTE (Flea @ May 12 2010, 05:40 PM) *
That looks pretty huge that map, how much do you think sanandreas would take up on that map? half mabe??

if i were to take a guess here, and i will, i would say san andreas would probably fit inside of gaptooth ridge, cholla springs, and rio bravo...
Indy
Do you reckon they'll implement fast travel like Fallout/Elder scrolls?
Because travelling all that distance on horse may take some time!
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 12 2010, 05:12 PM) *

dry.gif ...
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 12 2010, 04:07 PM) *

Fuckin awesome.....map looks good

I wonder how long it would take, on horseback, to get from the northern most tip of Tall Trees, to the south-western most part of Punta Orgullo
zeeshan810
You guys see the map?
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 12 2010, 05:30 PM) *
You guys see the map?

Yeah
zeeshan810
Just pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption from GameStop Canada! tongue.gif clap.gif Jumpy.gif drool.gif
coreyko_2003
5 days gaiz happy.gif
asthenia
Let me just clean this page up a bit.

Story mode goes Frontier, Paraiso, Elizabeth. As has been stated, it's all open from the start.
Flea, bOnEs is about right. RDR is supposedly twice the size of SA.
Indy, yeah there's fast travel. You set up your camp and you can FT from there.
Also, in case nobody reads this in the other topic; It takes about 15-20 minutes to travel from one side to the other on horse trail.

Oh, and gentlemen. I present you with:

JamieMilne
that looks awesome haha biggrin.gif so im guessing that the ps3 version is gonna have some sort of special edition box aswell biggrin.gif
Il BLaZe l1
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 13 2010, 04:51 AM) *
Oh, and gentlemen. I present you with:

Jumpy.gif

can't wait to play this game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.