Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
demon
QUOTE (andy42s @ May 8 2010, 05:43 PM) *
Newbie here. I just have to say to bitch heartless... that is THE best avatar I have ever seen!!!!!!!!! drool.gif

Welcome! Your avatar is really good too.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 8 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Saw a Red Dead Redemption advert on TV for the first time last night, it came on during 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' with Clint Eastwood. There were so many similarities in that movie to RDR from the scar on his right cheek to a travelling salesman pitching his 'cure for anything elixer'. I highly recommend watching this between now and release day!

Great. smile.gif

andy42s
The Outlaw Josey Wales has been on tv a lot recently. My wife now yells at me..."We just watched that!"

QUOTE (BAMF @ May 8 2010, 10:28 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 7 2010, 10:07 PM) *

That looks like it could be Luisa Fortuna in the the right foreground -- nice ass! wub.gif

That is very nice! ohmy.gif
bOnEs
the gametrailers preview on spikeTV was pretty sweet... it's up on their website now... there wasn't anything new to discuss but then again, i think R* has released everything they planned on releasing pre-game... the reviews upcoming are the ones to worry about when it comes to minor spoilers... there was a lot of visuals though to get you into the outlaw mindset...

a little over a week to go!! i haven't been this excited over a game since GTAIV biggrin.gif... hell, i'm more excited about RDR than i was about GTAIV... which is why i might be attending my second ever midnight launch... my only other was GTAIV biggrin.gif...

i have "the wild bunch" at home to watch... i rented it through netflix... i plan on watching a few westerns via netflix, and watch a couple of the ones i own leading up to RDR's release... you gotta set the mood, ya know? the proposition, unforgiven, 3:10 to yuma, fistful of dollars, good bad ugly, etc... i hope AMC does a western marathon next week... if R* were smart, they'd sponsor something like that...
zeeshan810
BAMF
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 9 2010, 12:33 AM) *
the gametrailers preview on spikeTV was pretty sweet... it's up on their website now... there wasn't anything new to discuss but then again, i think R* has released everything they planned on releasing pre-game... the reviews upcoming are the ones to worry about when it comes to minor spoilers... there was a lot of visuals though to get you into the outlaw mindset...

a little over a week to go!! i haven't been this excited over a game since GTAIV biggrin.gif... hell, i'm more excited about RDR than i was about GTAIV... which is why i might be attending my second ever midnight launch... my only other was GTAIV biggrin.gif...

i have "the wild bunch" at home to watch... i rented it through netflix... i plan on watching a few westerns via netflix, and watch a couple of the ones i own leading up to RDR's release... you gotta set the mood, ya know? the proposition, unforgiven, 3:10 to yuma, fistful of dollars, good bad ugly, etc... i hope AMC does a western marathon next week... if R* were smart, they'd sponsor something like that...

bOnEs, you are so right about setting the mood and anticipating this game! I think I'm especially excited about RDR not only because I believe R* is improving on everything I loved about GTA IV but because John Marston is even closer to the archetypal protagonist that I want to be! We're only a few days away now from total immersion in a still lawless and still untamed, though rapidly shrinking frontier. I'm so cocked, so locked and so fucking ready to ROCK*!! Jumpy.gif
zeeshan810
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 9 2010, 10:28 AM) *
We're only a few days away now from total immersion in a still lawless and still untamed, though rapidly shrinking frontier. I'm so cocked, so locked and so fucking ready to ROCK*!! Jumpy.gif
8 DAYS XD.png LEFT tongue.gif drool.gif Jumpy.gif
TreeFitty
"RockstarGames: Oh yes including some xclusively unlockable by Social Club members, info this week RT @Heirek Will Red Dead Redemption have cheats like GTA?"

"RockstarGames: Look for that map update this week RT @OPAZO Each day we get closer to RDR's release! When are you going to show the map for West Elizabeth? "
zeeshan810
Niko Fira
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemp...ption_fan_sites

well would you look at this, R* is paying homage back to the fan community BAAWWWW; and we're 2nd on the list(although i doubt it's ordered by priority)
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 10 2010, 11:31 AM) *
and we're 2nd on the list(although i doubt it's ordered by priority)

You have to have more than 5 posts to be considered "we" and even then, I wouldn't consider yourself accepted.
asthenia
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 10 2010, 04:31 PM) *
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemp...ption_fan_sites

well would you look at this, R* is paying homage back to the fan community BAAWWWW; and we're 2nd on the list(although i doubt it's ordered by priority)

That would be alphabetical...
Niko Fira
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 10 2010, 09:16 AM) *

You have to have more than 5 posts to be considered "we" and even then, I wouldn't consider yourself accepted.

is it safe to say I've had my account since early '08 or by your hierarchy am i not "worthy enough" -____-
and i don't believe i need to go on arguing about Forum status in here..i just lurk i don't usually post.

PS:Thanks Asthenia, just noticed that lol.
asthenia
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 10 2010, 05:33 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 10 2010, 09:16 AM) *

is it safe to say I've had my account since early '08 or by your hierarchy am i not "worthy enough" -____-
and i don't believe i need to go on arguing about Forum status in here..i just lurk i don't usually post.

PS:Thanks Asthenia, just noticed that lol.

No problem. And don't worry about Stoic, he was being kind.
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 10 2010, 12:16 PM) *

Am I accepted?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 10 2010, 08:20 PM) *

Am I accepted?

No, you have to post something epic in the Asylum that'll be remembered for several millennia, and I mean something epic and original, not some fucking rickroll.

Anyway, assuming the game arrives a day early like EfLC did i'll be getting it on the 20th. 10 days! (possibly.)
bOnEs
man, i am sure glad i don't live in europe... listening to the americans talk about the game two days early would drive me bananas... i also updated my sig art to represent my next few months of gaming... i love the new format i've been using on my sig art too biggrin.gif...

when should we expect the onslaught of reviews? it's getting extremely close to that time...
asthenia
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 10 2010, 08:40 PM) *
man, i am sure glad i don't live in europe... listening to the americans talk about the game two days early would drive me bananas... i also updated my sig art to represent my next few months of gaming... i love the new format i've been using on my sig art too biggrin.gif...

when should we expect the onslaught of reviews? it's getting extremely close to that time...

Been 2 already, expect a multitude on Monday. Seeping through this week too. Most of us Euries will sign off until the 21st once you guys get it, I'm honestly glad I'm getting it on Friday and not Tuesday, I work from home man... I'd get nothing done. I'm not in school anymore, Release date for me isn't just OMG WANT NOW... I'm trying to do as much as I can at work so I can have some spare time for next Friday.

Enjoy it though, I expect some cool-ass ideas for when I sign back on Friday with my copy.

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 08:27 PM) *

Am I accepted?

No, you have to post something epic in the Asylum that'll be remembered for several millennia, and I mean something epic and original, not some fucking rickroll.

Anyway, assuming the game arrives a day early like EfLC did i'll be getting it on the 20th. 10 days! (possibly.)

Where did you pre-order? I pre-ordered in store this time around, as I can drive now.. My game store is like a 5 minute drive, and it's not in the City center, there's 4 main stores in the City Center that will be feeding most peoples preorders. Hoping for a midnight launch, but not banking on it.
bOnEs
yea, two leaks but, i assumed that we'd see another 10 or so this week... i don't think they'd wait until the day before release because, major gaming sites are actual influences on sales... i am sure R* will push IGN into publishing their's sometime this week...
zeeshan810
7 DAYS LEFT! (Canada) jawdrop.gif drunk.gif tongue.gif clap.gif roll2.gif Jumpy.gif
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 10 2010, 03:08 PM) *
7 DAYS LEFT! (Canada) jawdrop.gif drunk.gif tongue.gif clap.gif roll2.gif Jumpy.gif

Fuck yeah, just a week to go happy.gif

Can't wait to get to Gamestop to get the midnight release
bOnEs
i don't even know if my location is doing a midnight release... i guess i better call to find out because, i would totally go...
demon
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Am I accepted?

Am I accepted? I have posted some hot chicks ++ but I could maybe be forgotten three months from now if I stop posting.... Jumpy.gif
bOnEs
i love how everyone is vying for stoics affectionate approval... be careful what you wish for... that is all...
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 03:27 PM) *

Am I accepted?

No thanks.
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 10 2010, 08:40 PM) *
man, i am sure glad i don't live in europe... listening to the americans talk about the game two days early would drive me bananas...

Well i'm not that impatient, besides I haven't read any of the reviews or watched any of the trailers recently, just forgetting about it for a week. It's not that hard.

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 10 2010, 08:44 PM) *
Where did you pre-order? I pre-ordered in store this time around, as I can drive now.. My game store is like a 5 minute drive, and it's not in the City center, there's 4 main stores in the City Center that will be feeding most peoples preorders. Hoping for a midnight launch, but not banking on it.

I pre-ordered from GAME.co.uk, (much to GLC's annoyance. ) It's much easier cause I can't be arsed to go out just to buy a game (even this one.) EfLC arrived a day early, and it came at 9:45 so I had all day Thursday (my day off work) to play it, i'm hoping the same will happen again this time.
ConQueSteD
QUOTE (demon @ May 10 2010, 04:35 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Am I accepted?

Am I accepted? I have posted some hot chicks ++ but I could maybe be forgotten three months from now if I stop posting.... Jumpy.gif

Those Pictures my god sir have tickled my fancies, you shall not be forgotten.

Sadly the GameStops around me don't do much for midnight releases and i have finals that week so i doubt i'll be doing a Midnight launch party.
ViceMan
I'd never go to a midnight launch. Fuck that, even games don't mean that i'm willing to stay awake half the night while standing in a queue with a bunch of nerds and homeless people. Luckily I have no enthusiasm for anything.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I'd never go to a midnight launch. Fuck that, even games don't mean that i'm willing to stay awake half the night while standing in a queue with a bunch of nerds and homeless people. Luckily I have no enthusiasm for anything.

Good thing about the midnight release is this....

The sooner you get it, the sooner you can get home and get the game started biggrin.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ May 10 2010, 10:06 PM) *

The sooner you get it, the sooner you can get home and get the game started biggrin.gif

I'm not that desperate to play any game. I'd rather be sleeping.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 04:07 PM) *

The sooner you get it, the sooner you can get home and get the game started :D

xD

Oh well, to each their own.......Can't wait to blow someone away with dead eye targeting and then go hear about it around some out of the way campfire at night =D
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 10 2010, 05:07 PM) *

i'm the same as you, viceman... for the most part, i'm fine with getting the game tuesday morning, or after work... but, there's something about rockstar's games that make me contemplate midnight launches... i've only been to one, and that was GTAIV... and here i am, once again contemplating going to another R* midnight launch...

i think my reasoning behind it is this... the limited editions are in limited supplies... so, if i am one of the first one to get it, i can ensure that i will get the soundtrack... and i really do want the soundtrack...
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 8 2010, 06:11 PM) *
Saw a Red Dead Redemption advert on TV for the first time last night, it came on during 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' with Clint Eastwood. There were so many similarities in that movie to RDR from the scar on his right cheek to a travelling salesman pitching his 'cure for anything elixer'. I highly recommend watching this between now and release day!
YouTube

I saw a advert for it on Dave today.
asthenia
What's wrong with KoreyKo? Look at him.. all excitable n'shit... did you put the bottle down for abit?

Good point bOnEs - I guess REviews just aren't what they used to be anymore... fuckin' internets.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 03:43 AM) *
What's wrong with KoreyKo? Look at him.. all excitable n'shit... did you put the bottle down for abit?

Good point bOnEs - I guess REviews just aren't what they used to be anymore... fuckin' internets.

Haha.......I dont usually drink during the week and for whatever reason Mondays seem to be my best days

....and happy a game worth playing is coming out soon as well.
asthenia
You got that right!

Mondays are your best? Odd... Can't say much though, Tuesdays were my best day when I was working out-of-home.
Indy
Watched the videos. Had an orgasm. Failing this semester.
asthenia
Ohai Indy. <3
bOnEs
i watched the wild bunch last night... that was an awesome adventure with some dark humor mixed in... and it's probably the best representation of RDR... this too is set at the turn of the century, in 1912 i think... they see their first car and stare at it in amazement... the mexican general gets a machine gun as a present and damn near kills his entire village (quite the lol moment), and he looks just like the general R* created for RDR... and a former outlaw is tasked with hunting down his former partner, while the former partner is looking for his last big score before he rides off into the sunset...

what a great movie and it really sets the mood for RDR...
asthenia
Social Club information coming later today, exclusive screens to tide us over.

That last screenshot looks almost real.
Niko Fira
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 09:56 AM) *

thanks for posting it, saw it just a few second before you posted it, so eager to see what they reveal, hopefully we'll get that last part of the map, though if they did, i really don't know what they'll have for us for this last week.
cheers everyone smile.gif
asthenia
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 11 2010, 06:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 11 2010, 09:56 AM) *

thanks for posting it, saw it just a few second before you posted it, so eager to see what they reveal, hopefully we'll get that last part of the map, though if they did, i really don't know what they'll have for us for this last week.
cheers everyone smile.gif

This article will just be the challenges, there's more news on the DLC modes to come yet, and the last part of the map, and a few more bits I'm forgetting... There won't be any more news after next Tuesday though (not sure if you're Euro or not) cause NA gets it on the 18th (who am I kidding, you knew that already).
ViceMan
I think the map will be revealed on Thursday, that's when it's usually done.
asthenia
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 11 2010, 06:23 PM) *
I think the map will be revealed on Thursday, that's when it's usually done.

Thanks Vicey... I only started following after the 2nd part was revealed. Good to have an idea when it'll be coming.
Jeff Threat

this one is from the gamespot forums..
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 11 2010, 06:33 PM) *

this one is from the gamespot forums..

That's just a speculative guess right? Looks pretty convincing, albeit a bit small.
Jeff Threat
The first pic is from the Rockstar website, the 2nd one is just from some one who put them all together.

Well it seems Rockstar suddenly took down the pic of WE.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 11 2010, 06:42 PM) *
The first pic is from the Rockstar website, the 2nd one is just from some one who put them all together.

I just checked the site and there's nothing about the third part of the map.
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 11 2010, 01:49 PM) *
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 11 2010, 06:42 PM) *

I just checked the site and there's nothing about the third part of the map.

did you notice the pic is suddenly gone that i posted?
asthenia
Weird. I hope that isn't all of West Elizabeth, if real at all.
TreeFitty
mellow.gif

anyway, in a tiny bit of news, Yahoo article about western games as the new trend. And a GameSpot article to go with the new screens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.