Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
asthenia
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 30 2010, 04:33 PM) *
the ausgamer preview had NO SPOILERS in it... great read too... they explained the world, the characters, the mechanics, the economy, and the ecology... all without spoiling the plot and ruining the experience... they only mentioned some random encounters and a couple of side-quests...

read the ausgamer two parter if your looking for a spoiler-free read... i can't read any of the other ones here at work (blocked) but, i don't think i want to read them as i am afraid of spoilers... at least the ausgamer one said right up front that it was spoiler-free so, that's the only reason why i read it...

Thanks man. I was just beginning to (probably regrattably) embark on the IGN preview before this comment.
zeeshan810
30 seconds ad

20 seconds ad (same ad)
Jeff Threat
Updated Fact Sheet 4.0

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/907/rdrinfo.jpg
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 2 2010, 10:20 PM) *

THANK YOU...................................This game is gonna be absolute win happy.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 2 2010, 11:20 PM) *

Great information.
Marney1
RED DEAD REDEMPTION (FOX) - The network has quietly shifted the half-hour animated film from Saturday, May 15 to Saturday, May 29 at midnight/11:00c. No reason was given for the change. Here's how FOX details the special: "1910. The West is dying. The American frontier is undergoing a violent transition from the ways of old to modern times, and Mexico has entered a prolonged period of bloody civil war. Reformed outlaw John Marston is on his way to capture former running buddy Bill Williamson when he comes upon a half dead snake oil merchant named West Dickens. Marston travels under a bleak and unforgiving sun, teaming up with a violent sheriff and a colorful mentally deranged grave robber and together they discover a bloody massacre of homesteaders left in the wake of Williamson. They hatch a plan to break into an abandoned fort where the Williamson Gang is holed up - and a dark, surprising twist ensues. Director John Hillcoat, craftsman of the savage western "The Proposition" and the recent film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" uses the world of Red Dead Redemption to make a short film that is a compelling cinematic triumph."
Sauce
Source
TreeFitty
Hmmm.... shifted two weeks just like the delay. Guess it was supposed to come after release, afterall. Maybe it goes pretty deep into the story.
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 3 2010, 09:07 PM) *
Hmmm.... shifted two weeks just like the delay. Guess it was supposed to come after release, afterall. Maybe it goes pretty deep into the story.

the game got delayed again?!?! i sure hope your talking about the initial first delay because, i just requested the 18th of may off today at work... i'll be pissed if it's not coming out on the 18th...
TreeFitty
Yes, the previous delay we are in right now. I hope there won't be another. R* would be fucked by angry fans. unsure.gif

oop, it was a three week delay for RDR release. still a big delay.
asthenia
I knew nothing of that animated flick... Sounds interesting. Though I must say - I'm not much excited for the story its self... I just can't wait to get into the world. Anyone else feel that way?
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 3 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Yes, the previous delay we are in right now. I hope there won't be another. R* would be fucked by angry fans. unsure.gif

thanks for clearing that up for me...

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 4 2010, 04:37 AM) *
I knew nothing of that animated flick... Sounds interesting. Though I must say - I'm not much excited for the story its self... I just can't wait to get into the world. Anyone else feel that way?

i like a good western so, i am interested in the redemption story biggrin.gif... i know the world itself will be the real story but, there's no direction to go if there isn't a back-story to keep up with... it's what keeps the plot going and keeps the world turning... and i think we're in for a real good one too.. knowing R*, it's going to be a great story with great and convincing voice acting...
TreeFitty
Okay, Psy fixed the site and added the news we missed out on. Bunch of new screens and more People of the West. http://www.ireddead.com

and DLC news is coming later.
ViceMan
I thought it was set in 1908, not 1911. (From the factsheet.)
TreeFitty
I've noticed that too. So many previews/info/etc go back and forth between those years.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 4 2010, 06:54 PM) *
I've noticed that too. So many previews/info/etc go back and forth between those years.

Well later in the factsheet (under missions) it does say 1908.
PabloHoneyOle
The game is supposed to span a few years time. I'm guessing 1908-1911.

Everybody relax.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Han Stoic @ May 4 2010, 07:05 PM) *
Everybody relax.

I can't! I'm panicking over the difference three years is going to make! OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHIIIIIT!
TreeFitty
newest preview: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...ith-final-code/ starts off with 1908. ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG
Marney1

That should be incorporated into the iRedDead banner!
TreeFitty
meh, more for other things. Just altered an iGTA project for a quick pic. wink.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 4 2010, 07:54 PM) *

That should be incorporated into the iRedDead banner!

Looks like a chip (french fry for yanks.) Reminds me of Catchphrase. "What's Mr. Chips up to now."
bOnEs
looks like a PEZ dispenser to me...
zeeshan810
720 P

Marney1
DLC sneak peak!

R* twitter

Also check this out for a screenshot (nothing to do with the DLC).
bOnEs
wow, a DLC announcement already?? i dunno... i don't wanna have to sink another $10 into it in just a month's time... i sure hope it's just the pre-order items for a few bucks...
asthenia
I'm not so fussed, I won't feel the need to buy it until I've completed the game the first time through anyways. Nice to have more to read though... where's the wildlife piece? Still waiting on that.
Marney1
The DLC will be FREE to download next month for both Xbox & PS3. R*
TreeFitty
*cough* DLC topic *cough*
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 5 2010, 02:38 PM) *
*cough* DLC topic *cough*

LOL notworthy.gif

Where's this quiz anyway?
ViceMan
Epicness rising.
zeeshan810

Those of you that, like me, obsessively collect each and every unlockable reward from your favorite PS3 and PSN games in PlayStation Home will be stoked to learn that Rockstar’s upcoming sandbox-style western game Red Dead Redemption (available for the PS3 on May 18th) will unlock exclusive outfits for your avatar upon reaching in-game milestones. We don’t want to spill any beans concerning the plot of this sure-to-be-hit title, so we’re not going to tell you how to earn these rewards just yet but trust me when I say that, if you love Red Dead Redemption, PlayStation Home is the place to be when you are looking for people to challenge to a good ol’ fashioned Mexican standoff in the 16-player max multiplayer.

Source: Playstation Blog
Marney1
Intense battles await us!

Translate this Spanish hands-on preview and tell me you're not excited.
Excerpt:.....just a fact, well exposed in the words of Dan Houser: "This world is twice as large that presented in GTA: San Andreas. "
Also:......if we fail more than 3 or 4 times, the game will be kind and give us the option skip that part of the mission to go directly to the next.
asthenia
Fuck I'm hyped.
coreyko_2003
I pre-ordered it today happy.gif........The 18th of this month can't come soon enough sleep.gif
asthenia
KoreyKo - you're PS3, right? Add me if you ever get any "strange" urges...
zeeshan810
asthenia
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 7 2010, 07:21 PM) *

The bits in that trailer that they left out of the TV advert were better. And me likey.
Jeff Threat
Omg... the ending was amazing!
Jeff Threat
dont know if this has been posted..

http://gameinformer.com/games/red_dead_red...redemption.aspx
Niko Fira
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 7 2010, 12:05 PM) *

The bits in that trailer that they left out of the TV advert were better. And me likey.

sorry if anyone spotted that already but at 0:13 on the side of the rail tracks to the left it says "they sell souls cheap here" lol tongue.gif
zeeshan810
QUOTE (Niko Fira @ May 7 2010, 06:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 7 2010, 12:05 PM) *

sorry if anyone spotted that already but at 0:13 on the side of the rail tracks to the left it says "they sell souls cheap here" lol tongue.gif

I spotted this in the first 30 seconds commercial.
demon
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 30 2010, 05:33 PM) *
the ausgamer preview had NO SPOILERS in it... great read too... they explained the world, the characters, the mechanics, the economy, and the ecology... all without spoiling the plot and ruining the experience... they only mentioned some random encounters and a couple of side-quests...

read the ausgamer two parter if your looking for a spoiler-free read... i can't read any of the other ones here at work (blocked) but, i don't think i want to read them as i am afraid of spoilers... at least the ausgamer one said right up front that it was spoiler-free so, that's the only reason why i read it...

Ausgamer who? Link to that preview please?

QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 3 2010, 05:20 AM) *

Great facts!

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 4 2010, 03:41 AM) *

A delay is not the worst that can happen, and actually I always expect delays. Far worse are games that was released before they was finished. Bugs are the worst in my opinion.
Marney1
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 7 2010, 11:07 PM) *

OH SHIT! HE IS GONNA SHOOT THE CROWD!
Niko Fira
did anyone else just finish watching the GameTrailer.TV special on RDR, it was amaziiinnnngg!! the voice acting and facial/body animations, just wow, well most of it was just old news and old gameplay vids, but we got to see a couple new shots, but the beginning was the winning sequence, they gave us probably about 30-35 seconds of marston talking to johnson and it was awesome. should be on http://www.gametrailers.com/show/gametrailers-tv soon, can't wait to rewatch it in HD.
The Awesome One
Anybody who knows me knows i'm always on about GTA. If any game can be better than GTA, its this one.
andy42s
Newbie here. I just have to say to bitch heartless... that is THE best avatar I have ever seen!!!!!!!!! drool.gif
BAMF
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 7 2010, 10:07 PM) *

That looks like it could be Luisa Fortuna in the the right foreground -- nice ass! wub.gif
zeeshan810
lol.. biggrin.gif happy.gif
Marney1
Saw a Red Dead Redemption advert on TV for the first time last night, it came on during 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' with Clint Eastwood. There were so many similarities in that movie to RDR from the scar on his right cheek to a travelling salesman pitching his 'cure for anything elixer'. I highly recommend watching this between now and release day!
YouTube
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.