Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
DiO
I like how they put the gold on their shoulder and it doesn't just disappear in their anus or float on their head.

So pre-ordering this game soon.
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 23 2010, 06:57 PM) *
Not the first time they've used names already in existence somewhere.

But usually when they do that, they do not reloacate the place.
ViceMan
QUOTE (D-O @ Apr 24 2010, 12:20 AM) *
I like how they put the gold on their shoulder and it doesn't just disappear in their anus or float on their head.

So pre-ordering this game soon.

Yeah and carrying it actually has a strategic consequence, do you take two bags and slow youself to a crawl or wait for a teammate to carry the other one?

Also, do all weapons have a golden version? I only watched the trailer twice and didn't take it all in. I assume the golden version gives you more fame (or whatever the MP equivilant is.)
Marney1
Red Dead Redemption

Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs

Rating summary: This is an "open-world" action-adventure game in which players assume the role of John Marston, a reformed criminal on a mission to capture the remnants of his old outlaw gang. Players roam Wild West environments and perform various missions for criminal figures and law enforcement: destroying bridges, helping individuals in distress, delivering packages of drugs (e.g., opium), capturing outlaws, and eliminating rival figures. Players use shotguns, pistols, and rifles to kill enemies in realistic gun battles. Players can engage in melee-style hand-to-hand combat and trigger slow-motion effects by shooting enemies at close-range or by targeted shooting (i.e., aiming for body parts). Blood often spurts out of characters when shot; head shots and knife attacks result in much larger sprays. In one sequence, a bloodied and mutilated corpse can be seen hanging from the rafters of a barn. Players have the ability to shoot pedestrians in the game; however, a "Wanted Level"-penalty system discourages these acts by triggering a law enforcement response. The game contains a scene in which two characters have sex on a table; there is a brief instance of female nudity. One sequence depicts a man injecting himself with a syringe filled with cocaine. Language such as "f**k," "c*nt," and 'sh*t" can be heard in the dialogue.

esrb.org
DiO
Sweet nudity. Im gonna wank.
ViceMan
QUOTE (D-O @ Apr 25 2010, 06:28 PM) *

What, now? As a way of relieving the excitement? Or when you're actually watching it? You'd probably like wanking to some of the stuff in TBoGT if you haven't done so already.
DiO
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 25 2010, 03:17 PM) *
QUOTE (D-O @ Apr 25 2010, 06:28 PM) *

What, now? As a way of relieving the excitement? Or when you're actually watching it? You'd probably like wanking to some of the stuff in TBoGT if you haven't done so already.

I havent got those yet.
asthenia
Mmmm.. this is getting closer & closer. I'm not following too well though so I don't overhype for myself, but is there another location to be revealed or is the map linked to further up the page the final one?
TreeFitty
There's one more area to be revealed. sleep.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (D-O @ Apr 25 2010, 01:28 PM) *

I jacked it to the ESRB's description.

Also, preordered this over the weekend by trading in a few old games. I just need to scrounge up $15 before release date. Shouldn't be a problem.
asthenia
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 26 2010, 09:51 AM) *
There's one more area to be revealed. sleep.gif

Thanks man.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 26 2010, 02:05 PM) *

I jacked it to the ESRB's description.

Also, preordered this over the weekend by trading in a few old games. I just need to scrounge up $15 before release date. Shouldn't be a problem.

Send me some games for trading... !
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Apr 26 2010, 09:17 AM) *
Send me some games for trading... !

Send me some nudes. Besides, you don't play 360 anymore. Why would I send you games - to get a PS3 copy? Ha!

I traded in Aliens Vs. Predator, which I was reluctant to do - but c'mon it's Red Dead. I also traded in a couple older games that I haven't touched in a few months.
DiO
I heard AvP sucked
bOnEs

maybe a boob here or there, and probably a dudes ass here and there as well... i wouldn't expect john marston to get involved with courtesans though... he is after all, a married man biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Bones 3 @ Apr 26 2010, 11:47 AM) *
I heard AvP sucked

It was alright, the MP was terrible. The storylines were worth a playthrough, but I couldn't imagine playing it more than once or twice.
TreeFitty
New screens and multiplayer page has been updated: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...er-page-update/
Hardcore Ottoman
I should buy this.
coreyko_2003
^ I know I definitely am......looks like a fuckin awesome game happy.gif
Massacre
What console do you have, Korey?
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Pieman and Duffface @ Apr 26 2010, 07:59 PM) *
What console do you have, Korey?

Playstation 3
Massacre
This site has a serious deficit of 360 owners.

Granted, I have both consoles.
zeeshan810
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ Apr 27 2010, 07:21 PM) *

This is where I preordered my copy. Don't really give a shit about the Assassin's outfit, but I'll take it.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 28 2010, 09:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ Apr 27 2010, 07:21 PM) *

This is where I preordered my copy. Don't really give a shit about the Assassin's outfit, but I'll take it.

i'm more interested in the soundtrack that comes with pre-ordering... i love me some western riffs biggrin.gif... might even make one of them my new ringtone laugh.gif...
ViceMan
Are you people still not getting the special edition?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 28 2010, 10:56 AM) *

What do you mean? Black people?

I haven't heard a fucking word about the Special Edition.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 28 2010, 04:12 PM) *

Nah, I just meant Americans.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 28 2010, 11:20 AM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 28 2010, 04:12 PM) *

Nah, I just meant Americans.

I don't think North America is getting a Special Edition. If they were, the fag at Gamestop would have tried to sell it to me, I assure you. It's impossible to go in there for one thing and not be asked about 10,000 other things. "No, I don't want to pre-order any games for the Wii. I don't have a Wii. I just want Red Dead. No, no subscription to your shitty magazine. No, I don't want to join your club. No, I don't want you to fellate me in the back room. Wait a tick..."

Take back:
PRE-ORDER TODAY AND YOU'LL AUTOMATICALLY BE UPGRADED TO THE SPECIAL EDITION. Supplies are limited.
Special Edition Includes:

* THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
* THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
* AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=74710

Looks like I AM getting the "Special Edition".

I wanted the one with a collectible Tumbleweed or something.
Massacre
Man, I never get blown by the cashier...

And is is this upgrade automatic? Because I'm not sure that "Exclusive Challenges" warrants me taking thirty seconds to call Gamestop.
PabloHoneyOle
Pre-order Red Dead Redemption with GameStop to receive John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit (the top vote-getting outfit in the Red Dead Referendum) as well as the game's Original Soundtrack - all in its own unique packaging. The Deadly Assassin outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight. Visit www.gamestop.com/reddead to get more info on the outfit and its special gameplay advantages. Watch the video above to see the Deadly Assassin in action.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/preorder

That site also has all the preorder information for the other stores and the Bratish.
ViceMan
So you get upgraded to the special edition but only pay the price of the standard? Not bad.
bOnEs
but we also don't get the golden guns and war horse either... and it probably doesn't come in a fancy box...
ViceMan
But the special edition has the golden guns and war horse. Unless you get a less-special special edition over there. laugh.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 28 2010, 02:58 PM) *
but we also don't get the golden guns and war horse either... and it probably doesn't come in a fancy box...

but... but... the box is EVERYTHING. what good is all that other crap if we don't have a fancy box to rip open?
PabloHoneyOle
We'll probably get to purchase golden guns and a war horse via DLC.
bOnEs
yea, we're NOT getting the euro special edition... we just get the game with a couple of throw-ins as incentive to pre-order... but, we're also not paying an extra $20 either... so, i think our deal is better...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 28 2010, 09:36 PM) *
yea, we're NOT getting the euro special edition... we just get the game with a couple of throw-ins as incentive to pre-order... but, we're also not paying an extra $20 either... so, i think our deal is better...

Yeah I guess you've got better things to spend it on like drugs. laugh.gif I however don't have any addictions.

Anyway, surprised no one has posted the new article on Gamespot.

asthenia
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 29 2010, 10:52 AM) *

Yeah I guess you've got better things to spend it on like drugs. laugh.gif I however don't have any addictions.

You just did.

And I thank thee for it!
ViceMan
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Apr 29 2010, 11:39 AM) *
You just did.

But I... Wha?... What just happened? I altered history?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 29 2010, 05:52 AM) *

You forgot your addiction to gay sex.

Good read. Excited about the flower picking missions and the ability to skin a horse. I want to recreate the scene from Dances With Wolves with all the skinned Buffalo rotting in the sun. I wonder if you can skin dogs too? That's some Ted Bundy shit right there,
asthenia
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 29 2010, 12:58 PM) *

Good read. Excited about the flower picking missions and the ability to skin a horse. I want to recreate the scene from Dances With Wolves with all the skinned Buffalo rotting in the sun. I wonder if you can skin dogs too? That's some Ted Bundy shit right there,

In theory everything should be skinnable, bar humans, right? Everything has a price, but no one is going to buy human goods from you. That's more 2000's than early 1900's.
ViceMan

I'd imagine so, you can probably skin all animals in the game. Or at least do other perverse things to them.

You forgot your addiction to gay sex.

Oh shit yeah... Sorry.
bOnEs
i don't know if that gamespot article is like the IGN one but, they have a "first 6 hours" article that i refuse to read because, i don't want to spoil any of the story... i'm staying away from all articles from here on out until i start seeing reviews...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 29 2010, 03:37 PM) *
i don't know if that gamespot article is like the IGN one but, they have a "first 6 hours" article that i refuse to read because, i don't want to spoil any of the story... i'm staying away from all articles from here on out until i start seeing reviews...

The first mission involves you giving oral relief to a pig in order to procure a sample of its juices. Then later it goes on to explain how you can cut off horse penises for your own enjoyment and also as an impromptu weapon... and if you kill enough people with one you're awarded a golden version.
demon
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 28 2010, 01:09 PM) *
So you get upgraded to the special edition but only pay the price of the standard? Not bad.

That's fair and not too generous of them, considering the 60 dollars you pay for the game.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 28 2010, 02:41 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 28 2010, 02:58 PM) *

but... but... the box is EVERYTHING. what good is all that other crap if we don't have a fancy box to rip open?

lol I get your irony laugh.gif but I love the fancy boxes.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Apr 29 2010, 08:58 AM) *
In theory everything should be skinnable, bar humans, right? Everything has a price, but no one is going to buy human goods from you. That's more 2000's than early 1900's.

I'd like to be able to skin people as well so I can make lampshades like my German grandfather.
TreeFitty
There were 6 (at least) previews yesterday. All are about the same. http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...ds-on-previews/
GLC
Just preordered my Limited Edition.
bOnEs
the ausgamer preview had NO SPOILERS in it... great read too... they explained the world, the characters, the mechanics, the economy, and the ecology... all without spoiling the plot and ruining the experience... they only mentioned some random encounters and a couple of side-quests...

read the ausgamer two parter if your looking for a spoiler-free read... i can't read any of the other ones here at work (blocked) but, i don't think i want to read them as i am afraid of spoilers... at least the ausgamer one said right up front that it was spoiler-free so, that's the only reason why i read it...
angeal18
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 30 2010, 07:33 AM) *
the ausgamer preview had NO SPOILERS in it... great read too... they explained the world, the characters, the mechanics, the economy, and the ecology... all without spoiling the plot and ruining the experience... they only mentioned some random encounters and a couple of side-quests...

read the ausgamer two parter if your looking for a spoiler-free read... i can't read any of the other ones here at work (blocked) but, i don't think i want to read them as i am afraid of spoilers... at least the ausgamer one said right up front that it was spoiler-free so, that's the only reason why i read it...

Im gonna check that out, Cant wait for this game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.