Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
ThomasH
New Trailer, Quality will improve. smile.gif

DiO
I'm starting to really want this game.
DuPz0r
That new trailer was awesome! Now i know what gameplay is like, i really want it.
Marney1
Can't wait to see what multiplayer offers.
ThomasH
The new boxart and the old boxart, and some new screenshots at the official RDR website.

New

Old

More screenshots here, have fun!

Edgecrusher
Will definately be buying this game. I have been waiting for this since the first one, the deadeye aiming system is sooo fun and the original made you feel like you were playing as Clint Eastwood. Will be interesting to see just how big the map actually is.
angeal18
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 03:09 AM) *
Can't wait to see what multiplayer offers.

It has multiplayer?
But yeah the game should be quite fun even without multiplayer.
ThomasH
Yeah, Red Dead Redemption features multiplayer, more details by Rockstar soon.

Special Edition News
* Extra’s (Downloadable Content)
* Soundtrack
* Black Stallion (Horse)
* Gunpack (More Weapons)
* Extra outfits
* Extra minigames for money, outfits and weapons

Source ( were else? wink.gif )
bOnEs
when R* said they were being good to the loyal PS3 players this year, something made me think that we were getting the first DLC for this game... it's something to look out for in the coming months but, i just have this feeling... or they could be talking about AGENT or the already mentioned episodes but, there's got to be more than that...

it'll be interesting in seeing if they take the same approach they did with GTAIV on their add-ons... this is afterall, GTA in the 1900's... i'm sure we're going to meet a few interesting characters that could be used in a spin-off...

i can't wait to see the next video in the series though... the next one will cover the multiplayer aspect...
ThomasH
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 1 2010, 06:05 PM) *
i can't wait to see the next video in the series though... the next one will cover the multiplayer aspect...

Were did you read that? smile.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Feb 1 2010, 01:10 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 1 2010, 06:05 PM) *

Were did you read that? smile.gif

umm, on R*'s website... go to the videos section for RDR... the next video listed in the series is multiplayer but, obviously the link doesn't work yet because, it's not out yet...
DuPz0r
I'm expecting good things from this game multiplayer-wise. They set the basics with GTA, and I'm sure they've explored a lot more things they can do in multiplayer with this game.
bOnEs
i can imagine doing some hunting with friends online biggrin.gif... that'd be cool... or chasing down some "wanted" men together... the possibilities for co-op stuff are endless... and i really do think more co-op modes will be in order because, this game just offers up that kind of feeling... there's only so much you can do against other opponents but, co-op'n in this vast open world seems ideal...

how about being able to start your own online gang of outlaws that terrorize towns? biggrin.gif... horse races lol!! treasure hunts, train robbing, etc... i can't wait for them to unveil the list of modes...
DuPz0r
Yeah, that sounds like some great fun.

Imagine setting up a gang, kill the sheriff an all the police and take over the town. Then you make the towns people fear you, and take cuts of their profit. Then you have to defend the town from other rogue gangs and what-not.

Or take on a mining group with two or three buddies. A massive western shoot-out, pushing into the mines. You have to go in and steal gold and ore to make profit on it.
bOnEs
i see great potential in a buddy system online biggrin.gif...

here's a few more ideas:
• cowboys and indians team deathmatch
• mexican revolution - army vs. resistance (kind of like a turf war battle, only the army defends while the resistance attacks)...
• a "hidalgo"-like marathon... anyone see that movie? it was a race across the sahara desert... killing the competition, camping out at night to rest the horses, and beginning your journey again at the crack of dawn... dehydration and hunger must be maintained so, you'll need to hunt as well... the race should last over approximately three days... i don't know if they could pull it off but a sort of marathon would be fun...
• card games like 5-card stud and no-limit hold 'em online for money...
• showdowns of course...

...just to name a few biggrin.gif...
Marney1
I reckon a multiplayer option could be to get a stagecoach full of dynamite from one place to another, one lot of players protecting it and the other obviously trying to put enough lead into it to blow it up.
I'm just waiting for someone to complain the game is shit because you can't fly helicopters and planes. tongue.gif
PabloHoneyOle
WHAT - No helicopters or PLANES?

Possible DLC?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 1 2010, 05:36 PM) *
I reckon a multiplayer option could be to get a stagecoach full of dynamite from one place to another, one lot of players protecting it and the other obviously trying to put enough lead into it to blow it up.
I'm just waiting for someone to complain the game is shit because you can't fly helicopters and planes. tongue.gif

no but, i bet you can send a horse flying... with some dynamite biggrin.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 1 2010, 10:38 PM) *
WHAT - No helicopters or PLANES?

Possible DLC?

Truss you to come out with that comment. laugh.gif
DiO
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Feb 1 2010, 06:55 AM) *

Special Edition News
* Soundtrack
* Black Stallion (Horse)
* Gunpack (More Weapons)
* Extra outfits

Extra weapons. Sounds worth it.
Marney1
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Feb 2 2010, 12:48 PM) *

Special Edition News
* Soundtrack
* Black Stallion (Horse)
* Gunpack (More Weapons)
* Extra outfits

So if you don't buy the limited edition you're fucked?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 2 2010, 01:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Feb 2 2010, 12:48 PM) *

Special Edition News
* Soundtrack
* Black Stallion (Horse)
* Gunpack (More Weapons)
* Extra outfits

So if you don't buy the limited edition you're fucked?

Pretty unfair if they're for multiplayer. Not everyone can afford to buy the special editions.

SO i'm gonna buy it!
bOnEs
yea, me too... this will actually be the first special edition i buy... however, i need to hear more about what comes with it before i make that decision... the one special edition i wish i would of bought was the fallout 3 one... but back then, i didn't know it was going to end up being my favorite game biggrin.gif...

i've passed on all special editions because i see them as another way for them to rip you off... $2 worth of stuff inside for like $20 more... yea, i am not a sucker for those things... but, like i said, i need to see more of this RDR one before i make my decision...
ThomasH
Gameplay video about the GameStop pre-orders. smile.gif
Have fun.

Marney1
Exclusives piss me off, they should at least be available for download. Why exclusive to GameStop? We don't have GameFuckingStop this side of the pond. angry.gif
bOnEs
i'm sorry but, those costumes aren't worth pre-ordering with gamestop for... i hope someone else out there gets something better for a pre-order incentive because, i would gladly take whatever it is over the winning costume...

if i had to choose i guess i'd go with the deadly assassin since the extra ability that comes with it might be very useful...
bOnEs
i was just surfing the web, minding my own business when, i saw an article of another hands-on preview... after that, there was a link that was to rockstar games' website about their impressions of the articles, and low and behold, new screens were the first thing posted on their news feed, posted 10 minutes ago (EDIT: 8 hours ago lol, sorry biggrin.gif)... these ones involve the lasso, which according to them is going to be a very important part of your arsenal...

Marney1
Dead horse!!
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 5 2010, 07:32 PM) *

lol, black guy getting arrested.
Marney1
Looks Mekikano to me.
bOnEs
i spy a bad comb-over in the 4th one laugh.gif...
Seeen
What the shit is this? Exclusives R 2 gayz
Edgecrusher
It's multiplatform. >_>
Marney1
Pre-order info from Rockstar

Golden gun ^

Looks like a German 'Broomhandle' ^
bOnEs
i might pre-order mine through bestbuy... they're giving us the "war horse" which is suppose to be the fastest and strongest horse in the great open plains of southern america... i'd like to get my hands on the deadly assassin or merchant outfit but, i'd rather have the best horse in all the land instead of just one of those outfits... plus, something tells me the first DLC for RDR will be all of these pre-order items for a low fee of like $5...

but, i would love to have the war horse biggrin.gif...

Marney1
Can't decide which pre-order bonus I want. Help! huh.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, I'm not sure if I want the guns or the horse. Shit.
Marney1
Will you be able to use these exclusive add-ons during multiplayer? Good if you could but bad for you if you don't have it.
bOnEs
i doubt those items would carry over to the multiplayer modes...
Marney1
bOnEs
sweet...

i wonder when the multiplayer video is suppose to come out...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 12 2010, 01:26 AM) *
sweet...

i wonder when the multiplayer video is suppose to come out...

I heard it was sometime in March.
TreeFitty
The multiplayer video is supposed to be coming soon.
Marney1
IGN interview with Dan Houser (May 2009)
Part 1
Part 2

Bonnie McFarlane

Created some PSN accounts to use when RDR comes out.....

RedDeadRoy
RedDeadForums
John_ _Marston

Dunno which one I'll use yet.
bOnEs
jawdrop.gif

fucking great read, marney... excellent post... this further cements why R* is the best gaming company in the world... the dedication, the attention to detail, the master of open world games... the master of games... this article to me, just replaced GTAIV as R*'s best game... the genre, the story, the feel... i love western movies and, this just feels like one... this feels like the game i will probably spend all summer playing laugh.gif...
Marney1
It's totally taken over my interest in the GTA4 DLC's and I too think it will be Rockstars' top release.

*Masturbates again*
DiO
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 13 2010, 04:14 PM) *

RedDeadRoy
RedDeadForums
John_ _Marston

DORK!
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (D-O @ Feb 15 2010, 02:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 13 2010, 04:14 PM) *

RedDeadRoy
RedDeadForums
John_ _Marston

DORK!

For real. Like anyone gives a shit how gay you are.
Marney1
I might just use marney1 though.
DiO
Im doing my best not to wake up the rest of my household with laughter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.