Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Jeff Threat
Just 2. Lol.
ViceMan
Well, that's still one more than most people buy. If you make them both special editions they'll be extra happy.
Jeff Threat
Well is the US getting a special edition?
ViceMan
Well yes, i'd think so. If the UK is getting it then i'm pretty certain the US will get it, we're the ones who get the rough end of the deal usually.
Marney1
That's settled it, I'm off to get John Marston's face tattooed on my face.
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Apr 5 2010, 06:58 PM) *
That's settled it, I'm off to get John Marston's face tattooed on my face.

It'll be an improvement over your own face at least. (Just thought i'd throw a bit of kerosene on the raging fire before tonight's match.)
TreeFitty
Go for it Marney.
PabloHoneyOle
I told you that you were going to get a free copy of this game.

They're eating up the press. You might as well too.
TreeFitty
Stoic Press Eater. mellow.gif
Marney1
dEar rokstargaymez,

MY nayme is mArny1 and i reely lIkE rED ded rEdemtion wiLL u plEaze sEnd me a Copy oF thE gAMe 4 FreE anD alSo aLL my MatEs heRE?

fAnk u
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 5 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Stoic Press Eater. mellow.gif

Yeah, get me a copy too for calling that shit.
Jeff Threat
Just a little over a month!

I wonder if there is gonna be midnight releases at certain retailers
TreeFitty
More than likely. Especially the hype this game has gathered.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Apr 5 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Why do you care you lucky bastard, no doubt you'll get your copy early from R*.
Marney1
"It all adds up to what we feel is the best multiplayer component we've ever created." - Dan Houser

I love that man! wub.gif
TreeFitty
Just hoping it isn't ove hyped. But so far it seems there hasn't been too much exaggeration.
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 5 2010, 04:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Apr 5 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Why do you care you lucky bastard, no doubt you'll get your copy early from R*.

Lol, I doubt I will get the game early.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 5 2010, 10:19 PM) *
Just hoping it isn't ove hyped. But so far it seems there hasn't been too much exaggeration.

It just goes to show how much faith the gaming community has in Rockstar, this game isn't even out yet and it's guarenteed to be one of the best sellers out there. They're not at the point yet where they just throw shite out knowing that the name Rockstar will sell no matter what - like so often happens with pop stars. I haven't felt this much of a buzz about any game since GTA IV and I'm not that excited about EFLC because this is what's on my mind. I want to be excited about EFLC but just can't put RDR to the back of my mind.
TreeFitty
Jeff you'll probably get some kind of prize. Maybe not the game but something.
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 5 2010, 11:53 PM) *

O.o why not the game?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Apr 6 2010, 09:44 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Apr 5 2010, 11:53 PM) *

O.o why not the game?

Read his posts, Tree. They said they want to send him a copy of the game. And me for calling that shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if you got it a couple days early. You're in the focus of the Marketing Department now. I'd be posting that tattoo on every message board possible to get yourself more press - Rockstar will certainly take note.

I do wish this thread would get off Jeff's nuts though and focus on the actual game only.
Jeff Threat
Stoic. I agree!

Back on topic... after seeing that new mp screen on the rockstar website... I am pumped out the max to learn about the mp info this week.
Marney1
Is it safe to talk about Red Dead Redemption now?

This week is going to be the most interesting so far for RDR fans because MP is gonna be so fucking cool. Wonder if it has a chance of outdoing MW2? Doubt it but you never know with a R* game.
TreeFitty
I was trying to down play it...

"you won't get it" -sad- *gets it* -fucking happy-
Jeff Threat
New Gameplay Series vide Tomorrow! "Multiplayer Free Roam" wink.gif
bOnEs
who wants to read a lengthy interview/preview article on RDR?? all of you i'm sure biggrin.gif...

http://www.rockstarbase.com/?page_id=4048
Jeff Threat
bOnes thanks!
bOnEs
i spot a cigarette in marsden's mouth on the 4th page scan biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
The next two years could be the most exciting Rockstar’s already impressive history, and precisely because, despite having four major projects in full development or scheduled for release, not one of them is part of the Grand Theft Auto family.

I doubt this to be true.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 7 2010, 03:55 PM) *

That's a joint, son.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 7 2010, 03:56 PM) *

That's a joint, son.

i sure hope so... maybe that traveling salesmen sells them to relieve marsden's aches and pains from being shot up all the time...
TreeFitty
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 7 2010, 03:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 7 2010, 03:56 PM) *

That's a joint, son.

i sure hope so... maybe that traveling salesmen sells them to relieve marsden's aches and pains from being shot up all the time...

this could work.... *ponders*
ThomasH
Well I ways going to drop a link but thanks to bOnEs you guys seen it already. smile.gif
It was a big job to get it there, enjoy!
ConQueSteD

I thought it was Marston. Or was it a last min change.
TreeFitty
bOnEs never spells it right. tongue.gif
bOnEs
whatever... i'll just start calling him john instead mad.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 8 2010, 03:28 PM) *
whatever... i'll just start calling him John instead mad.gif...

ViceMan
I'm just wondering how the multiplayer setup is going to work, in GTA IV the phone was the main interface for setting up MP matches, and it did it quite well, blending seamlessly with the game's setting. It seems in RDR there isn't a lobby, you're just thrown straight into the match. I suppose you can go on to choose a game from there. All (or at least some) should be revealed soon anyway.
TreeFitty
I think there is a lobby, but the lobby is just a free roam. Sort of like in IV. The new vid will be out in about 10 minutes.

nevermind, they actually let it out a bit earlier:

news'd it too. http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/news/rockst...layer-free-roam
ViceMan
Yeah that's what I meant by no lobby, it's just like IV's party mode I guess. I'll say it again, FUCKING EPIC!
zeeshan810
TreeFitty
*cough* bottom of previous page *cough*

i get "video not available" anyway nevermind you fixed it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ Apr 8 2010, 01:44 PM) *

REPOST!

Anyway, this video sealed the deal for me. Free Roam looks ridiculous.

I can't wait to watch mountain lions and bears eat up my friends while they expect me to shoot them off.
ViceMan
On the first day of multiplayer everyone's going to be riding around on donkies shooting each other up. It'll be fucking hilarious.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 8 2010, 07:57 PM) *
On the first day of multiplayer everyone's going to be riding around on donkies shooting each other up. It'll be fucking hilarious.

You'll all be on your ass's while I'm riding around on my War Horse................still don't know how this Limited Edition shit will pan out.
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:41 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 8 2010, 07:57 PM) *

You'll all be on your ass's while I'm riding around on my War Horse................still don't know how this Limited Edition shit will pan out.

Oh yeah, i'll have that too. Forgot. Probably won't use it on the first day though.
TreeFitty
donkey fights ftmfw

i wonder if the horses and such kick people. hilarious.
Marney1
Horse mania in Liverpool this weekend: 'The Grand National' there'll be Ladies Day tomorrow when all the hot bitches fill the racecourse then the main event on Saturday when the injured horses get shot in the head.

Grand National
DiO
Only complaint there is no character customization for multiplayer like gta even though it kinda sucked. Only character selection;.
Marney1
Why is there a limit of 16 players? The landscape is huge and could feel a bit empty at times but saying that, you'll still have to be on your guard for murderous rabbits and stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.