Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Jeff Threat
For all you awesome super fans of Red Dead Redemption.... by tonight iv will be posting a pic of the the first RDR tattoo.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Mar 27 2010, 07:32 PM) *
For all you awesome super fans of Red Dead Redemption.... by tonight iv will be posting a pic of the the first RDR tattoo.

You're getting a tattoo for a game that hasn't been released yet? That's a bit dramatic, what if the game turns out to be crap? (Which it won't, but theoretically speaking.)

Even then getting a tattoo of it is still a bit silly IMO.
Marney1
Small write up from a lucky punter at the Pax East 10 event: Click
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 27 2010, 02:41 PM) *

You're getting a tattoo for a game that hasn't been released yet? That's a bit dramatic, what if the game turns out to be crap? (Which it won't, but theoretically speaking.)

I like the art work, what's wrong with that? It would be silly... if I got the name of the game tattooed on me.

And it's not dramatic at all.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Mar 27 2010, 07:49 PM) *

I like the art work, what's wrong with that? It would be silly... if I got the name of the game tattooed on me.

^ All talk - no pics!
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 27 2010, 02:52 PM) *
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Mar 27 2010, 07:49 PM) *

^ All talk - no pics!

This was just taken...

Marney1
You're in the chair now?
Jeff Threat
Yup, being done at a tattoo convention
trathen93
its cool and all but maybe you should have considered something more...erm......red?

one day such image shall take its place on my arm/leg/whatever body part i decide upon

back on topic, Im pre-ordering this soon, the date draws nearer and ive actually got some money to spare. before it goes im going to spend, spend, spend
Marney1
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Mar 27 2010, 09:27 PM) *
its cool and all but maybe you should have considered something more...erm......red?

one day such image shall take its place on my arm/leg/whatever body part i decide upon

back on topic, Im pre-ordering this soon, the date draws nearer and ive actually got some money to spare. before it goes im going to spend, spend, spend

One of my mates has a mole next to his Liver Bird and it looks like it's taking a shit tongue.gif
Jeff Threat
Done..

TreeFitty
mind if this gets posted as news? smile.gif
Jeff Threat
That would be awesome. You have my ok to post as news smile.gif
TreeFitty
Thanks. thumbup.gif

and if you get bigger pics feel free to post them.
Jeff Threat
Thanks a ton. Now I gotta e-mail rockstar games
bOnEs
wow, that's dedication... but, that is a cool image you chose for the art biggrin.gif... i thought about getting a grove street families tattoo years ago... i thought it'd be cool to represent them in ink...

is that on the leg??
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 28 2010, 11:01 AM) *
wow, that's dedication... but, that is a cool image you chose for the art biggrin.gif... i thought about getting a grove street families tattoo years ago... i thought it'd be cool to represent them in ink...

is that on the leg??

smile.gif what can I say I love westerns and video games! Yeah its on the leg, the top of sawed off was the worse.
Marney1
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bOnEs
is that the special edition that only europeans can get?? bird.gif...

EDIT: nevermind, it's the cool stuff you get for being an employee of gamestop mad.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 28 2010, 05:09 PM) *
is that the special edition that only europeans can get?? bird.gif...

EDIT: nevermind, it's the cool stuff you get for being an employee of gamestop mad.gif...

It's a useless pile of shit that's what it is, April 27th!
Jeff Threat
If its useless, I will take it off your hands wink.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Mar 28 2010, 06:11 PM) *
If its useless, I will take it off your hands wink.gif

It's not mine, I just found it on ebay and it was going for $150. Also, thought you might be interested - I got a tattoo on my arse, well a W on each cheek and when I pull my arse cheeks apart it says WoW.
Jeff Threat
From xbox.joystiq.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/28/hands-on...ead-redemption/

Nice joke!
TreeFitty
I'm waiting for someone to actually brand themselves with RDR or R* or something from this game. There's gotta be someone crazy enough.
ViceMan
Nice screenies in that article, especially the first one.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 28 2010, 09:06 PM) *

I think that first screenshot was one of the first ones released but if you want to see most if not all check them out here.
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 28 2010, 09:52 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 28 2010, 09:06 PM) *

I think that first screenshot was one of the first ones released but if you want to see most if not all check them out here.

Updated by Marney1...
Updated by Marney1...
Updated by Marney1...
Updated by Marney1...
Updated by Marney1...
Updated by Marney1...

Looks like you've been busy there.
Marney1
Well it is a dedicated site ^ wink.gif

Anyway, who can translate this?

Is this close?
Up to 16 simultaneous players can participate in online modes of RDR. There are two types: free navigation where can play all three states in the company and participate in hunting challenges, duels or raiding the hideout of criminals and traditional modes. To jump from one to another has been completely eliminated menus and waiting. Both the host and guests can expect players to organize itself in line as they stroll freely around the stage.

Traditional game modes are based on what we saw in GTA IV. There is fighting "all against all" and team racing horses, war of flags and a hilarious way that we have to steal gold filled bags. We may also participate in cooperative missions, such as assaulting a coach (or defending it). The number, and intelligence of our enemies automatically adapts to the members of our band.

The reward in multiplayer is experience points, which happens every time you make a difficult shot or eliminate a rival. We can go up to 50 levels, which translate into new weapons, changes in appearance of our character and the possibility of riding horses that are faster and stronger.
TreeFitty
http://translate.google.com

have fun typing it.
ConQueSteD
Finally Spanish class came into some use.

Multiply the possibilities of the game in exciting matches with 16 friends on the Internet.

Up to 16 players can particpate contemporaneous modes, free shipping (we can go play all three states in the company and participate in duels or retro game raiding the hideout of criminals) and classic modes. both the host and the winners can expect players to organize itself heading stage circled still loose?

Then the rest of its really to blurry to read. A few of the sentences i couldn't translate so i say type into google translate,
Marney1
Another translation from a forum member at GameSpot

- Death Match, Team Death Match, Flag War.
- There´s a mode where you have to steal bags full of gold.
- One of the Co-op modes include: Assault or Defend a Stagecoach.

- On Co-op we have complex missions just like in GTA IV, but this time instead of using the Helicopter and Van, we will have to use Trains, Horses and Stagecoaches!

- On Free-Mode you are able to travel around the 3 main States of the map in company (Up 16 mates) and participate in Hunt challenges, Duels or attack Criminals Hideout.

Teams automatically assigned are:

- The Mine-Workers
- The United Sates Army
- The Lawman
- The Mexican Rebels
- The Gang of Cattle Rustlers (lol)

Imagine playing this without blips and being able to ambush other players!
ConQueSteD
Oh the wonders of being jobless. I'll get it but doubtful on pre-ordering it, i just wonder how many retards are going to be there to screw up the Multiplayer.
Marney1
I'd like to find the interview where Rockstar said this:

" Trust us - there are a ton of things in Red Dead Redemption you won't know about before you play it properly, even if you watch every video and read every scrap of information. This game is unlike any other and we want people to know a little about it in advance. "

I don't even want them to show us the other two maps now, I'm starting to think we've seen too much. I reckon I'm going to play this right through to the end before I get on multiplayer because it's how I did GTA IV. I think if you get straight into MP it could take away some of the determination to open up the rest of the unknown world.

This might just turn out to be the longest game thread of iGTA.
Jeff Threat
Here is the translation

1st Pg.:

On 21st May we will enjoy the wildest adventure from the creators of <<GTA>>.
Before its launch, we offer a Hands-On of all the elements that will make this game
the most wanted from wild west.

*We have played the game during many hours, discovering al key features of the adventure.
*We have been the first ones to try out Multiplayer in R*'s office at London

3rd Pg.:

After living outside the law for several years, John Marston was betrayed by one of the members of his band,
the outlaw Bill Williamson. But our hero survived and decided to hang up his guns and move to a ranch and
live happily with his family. However, the crime always pays back, and some Federal Agents have recruited him
to stop this "old friend".

The game starts with the disembarking of Marston at the frontier. As Niko Bellic in <GTA IV>, our gets down from a
steamboat and gets to know about how things are in town from the conversations of Armadillo's citizens.
After a short train ride and an encounter with Jake, one of our partners, we witness the first clash with Williamson
(Barely ten minutes into the game). But Marston gest wounded and ends up bedridden. It is time to recover and
start over again.
This story of "the good and the bad" becomes more complex as we progress. John meets other lawmen and
even flirts with a Ranch girl in the area. We discover that the situation in the West is more complex than it seems:
a challenge that only a man with resources, good aim and no scruples can settle down.

-Below 1st Pic of Pg.3:
Our Objective is to hunt down an old Outlaw partner, Bill Williamson. However, it is not easy.
Bill is about to finish us as soon as the game starts.

-Below 2nd Pic of Pg.3:
Prepare to shoot, assault trains, Participate in horse races and anything that comes into your head.
This is how the lawman's job was by the year 1900.

-Below 3rd Pic of Pg.3:
Marston uses wild methods to enforce the law. We may choose between eliminating or disarming the outlaws,
lasso them to our horse and take them over to the closest sheriff.

-On yellow poster Pg.3:
CAMPSITE

* We can save the game by renting a room in any city or setting up camp.
* During the night we recover energy, recharge ammunition and we make hours pass faster.
* We can wake up at any point on the map, as if we had "teleported".

- EVALUATION: 4/5 Stars
The premise of <Red Dead> seems simple, but after a couple of hours of gameplay it gets more complex
until it becomes a passionate argument.

4th Pg.:

THE STARRING CHARACTERS

- We present our hero, John Marston, and the characters who will go along with him during the first part of the game.

> Marston:
* The game's main starring character, is a former outlaw, now working as a Federal agent.
* Seeks for revenge after being betrayed by Bill Williamson.
* His past as an orphan raised in Chicago is revealed bit by bit.

> Marshall Johnson:
* He's the law in Armadillo, although he tries not to get into trouble outside the county.
* Persues Wiliamson and other gangs that intimidate citizens.

> Bonnie:
* Heals the wounds of John Marston and gives refuge at her ranch after a shootout.
* Flirts with our hero and instructs him to carry out cattle missions. We'd have to rescue her also.

> Walton:
* He's one of the criminals who can lead us to Bill Williamson.
* Takes refuge in a Ranch and Marston must capture him alive.

> Irish:
* He's a drunk and a thief, but he knows how to gain a machine gun.
* He also infiltrates the outlaws' hideouts and helps us out.

- EVALUATION: 3/5 Stars
All the archetypes of western are in, although from what we have seen, they seem less numerous and more "flat"
than, for example, in <GTA IV>.

5th Pg.:

THE DEVELOPEMENT

The frontier is a vast territory, by which we move with complete freedom.

Marston has a lot to do. Besides chasing Williamson's band, our main character can carry out "instructions" for different
characters. The stage is divided into three states (New Austin, West Elizabeth and Nuevo Paraiso) with a different
setting and different types of missions. For example, Bonnie always asks us for help at the ranch, while Dickens
introduces us to the racing world and scams, and Javier Escuela's missions consist on attacking the Mexican Army.

In addition to advancing on the story, we can entertain ourselves with a lot of secondary tasks. On the one hand, John
can apply for a job as a guardian, investigate some disappearances in the town of Armadillo or help out in random events.
On the other hand, there are also plenty of mini-games and free activities such as dueling, hunting or collecting certain
medicinal plants.

The missions aren't too varied when compared to other "Open World" games, but the amount of secondary tasks is overwhelming.

THE SETTING

A perfect recreation of the American West as it was in the late XIX century.

All typical western characters are represented in the game. However, <Redemption> doesn't have that "Spaghetti Western" tone
that the first game had, but instead its much more serious. On one hand we witness the creation of the U.S. and the Mexican
Revolution, as we see progress such as the first cars, electricity or rail.

- The cities are not too big, but all have locals such as the saloon, the sheriff's office or a shop. We can even visit the
church or watch movies (mute, of course).

- EVALUATION: 5/5 Stars
All the typical elements of the West are shown but with a very serious and credible pitch, it immerses us in the game in a
very realistic way.

- Below 1st Pic of Pg.5:
We move freely around a map divided into three states and we can carry out missions for various characters, from the sheriff
to a revolutionary inspired by Pancho Villa.

- Below 2nd Pic of Pg.5:
We can change the appearance of Marston with 14 costumes that are unlocked as you progress.

- Below 3rd Pic of Pg.5:
The typical situations of the movies from the West, are reflected in the game with maximum realism.

-On 1st yellow poster Pg.5:
DEAD EYE

* To activate this Shooting mode we must first fill an energy bar.
* If we press R3 and L3 simultaneously the "Dead Eye" mode activates. Everything becomes sepia colored and the action slows down.
* We mark several targets simultaneously and fire automatically after releasing the buttons.

-On 2nd yellow poster Pg.5:
MINI-GAMES

* The Five Finger Fillet is a skill test with a knife.
* There are also card games like poker, where we can bet money and gain fame. The same happens if we throw horseshoes.
* The races, on car or horseback and taming wild horses are a lot of fun.

6th Pg.:

TECHNICAL SECTION

Usually "Sandbox" games sacrifice the level of detail for larger scenarios.However <Red Dead Redemption> uses the RAGE engine
to display very large scenarios full of life. Changes in lighting and climate are perfectly natural and include fog, snow and
violent thunderstorms.

The characters aren't so numerous (somewhat logical if we consider the fact that we are at the frontier, not in a big city),
but they are very expressive and are perfectly animated. You can even see how they carry the lasso or knives hanging on the belt.
If our character gets shot we also see the stains on his shirt. The Physics, especially if riding a stagecoach, is taken care of
very nicely. Keep in mind the speed and weight of the cargo if you dont want to flip the stagecoach on the first curve you take.

The Wildlife is the most surprising. Both domestic animals (cows, pigs, chickens...) as the wild creatures move naturally.
In this aspect we were jaw-dropping at the behavior of our horses and the flight of some birds (you can even clearly distinguish
one species from the way it glide).

Although the graphics engine is the same as <Table Tennis> and <GTA IV>, the size of the scenario and level of detail is impressive.

- Below 1st Pic of Pg.6:
The scenarios have a rural style and the size is astonishing. The greatest achievements of the technical section also include
light changes and animal behavior.

- Below 2nd Pic of Pg.6:
All the characters show a believable behavior and expressive traits. There aren't many, but everyone has a great personality,
isn't that right, sheriff Johnson?

- Below 3rd Pic of Pg.6:
The graphics combine well detailed models, with realistic effects such as dust or heat wave distortions. Enlightenment is cyclic and
there are also weather effects.

-On yellow poster Pg.6:
LET'S GO HUNTING

* There are hundreds of wild animals. Some, like the cougar or bear, are dangerous.
* We can hunt any of these animals and skin them to sell their skin or their bones in any store.
* There are aim challenges or survival that are overcome by collecting certain plants or bringing down any prey.

7th Pg.:

THE MULTIPLAYER

Mutiply the possibilities of the game in exciting matches with 16 friends online.

Up to 16 simultaneous players can participate in online modes of RDR. There are two types: free navigation where can play all three
states in the company and participate in hunting challenges, duels or raiding the hideout of criminals and traditional modes.
To jump from one to another has been completely eliminated menus and waiting. Both the host and guests can expect players to organize
itself in line as they stroll freely around the stage.

Traditional game modes are based on what we saw in GTA IV. There is fighting "all against all" and team racing horses, war of flags
and a hilarious way that we have to steal gold filled bags. We may also participate in cooperative missions, such as assaulting a coach
(or defending it). The number, and intelligence of our enemies automatically adapts to the members of our band.

The reward in multiplayer is experience points, which happens every time you make a difficult shot or eliminate a rival. We can go up to
50 levels, which translate into new weapons, changes in appearance of our character and the possibility of riding horses that are faster
and stronger.

- EVALUATION: 5/5 Stars
If classic modes for 16 players and are extremely fun, the possibility to navigate freely around the scenario is the bomb. An endless mode.

- Below 1st Pic of Pg.7:
In the team games we played, we were automatically assigned a group from: The Miners, the U.S. Army, Lawmen, Mexican rebels or a Gang of
rustlers.

- Below 2nd Pic of Pg.7:
The Dead Eye is also available in multiplayer modes. We mark our objectives and shoot automatically, but, of course, the action was not
slowed down.

- Below 3rd Pic of Pg.7:
Cooperative mode allows us to perform complex missions like in <GTA IV>. Only this time instead of splitting our forces and taking the
helicopter and the van we get to use trains, and horses and stagecoaches!

8th Pg.:

GLOBAL EVALUATION

* The similarities with GTA IV are undeniable, despite the setting type being "western", the mission system, adult tone and possibilities
of our characters gain back what we have already seen in the adventure of Niko Bellic and that is a guarantee. The desert and the border
mountains replace Liberty City's skyscrapers.

* The technical section is brilliant and stands out above all mainly because of the behavior of animals. Changes in weather, lighting effects
and care on the characters details, are also one step away from reality.

* Multiplayer Mode it's amazing. Not only recovers the classic modes, but takes advantage of the scenarios (and some events) from Story mode.
We could be playing for months without getting bored at all.

- Below Pic of Pg.8:
With the experience we gain after eliminating a rival or take a difficult shot, our level goes up and we get access to new weapons and horses.

-On yellow poster Pg.8:
A MEASURE MADE GAME (Refering to Multiplayer Mode)

* The game host can send us message (maybe e-mail) to invite us to different events.
* We dont control John, but we choose our skin between a handful of gunners and outlaws. There are also women available.
* Some of the challenges from story mode such as raiding the hideout of different gangs, are also accessible online.
And it is easier if we ask for help from a couple of friends.

Credit goes to Pikante at the gamespot forums.

Well I hope you enjoyed, even though we know a lot of stuff mentioned.
Jeff Threat
Those pics are great!

thanks for posting
bOnEs
good read but, a few game spoilers in there laugh.gif... i didn't want to know that john gets shot up upon entering armadillo at the beginning... i know he gets left for dead by his partners, which is the whole premise of the story but, he gets shot up again!!

maybe i need to stop reading stuff like this and just stick to the basic articles for now... the one's R* wants you to see so i don't go spoiling a bunch of stuff...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 29 2010, 04:53 PM) *
good read but, a few game spoilers in there laugh.gif... i didn't want to know that john gets shot up upon entering armadillo at the beginning... i know he gets left for dead by his partners, which is the whole premise of the story but, he gets shot up again!!

maybe i need to stop reading stuff like this and just stick to the basic articles for now... the one's R* wants you to see so i don't go spoiling a bunch of stuff...

I wouldn't worry too much because it seems they're not releasing much on the other two regions but you can drive cars.
ViceMan
* We can wake up at any point on the map, as if we had "teleported".

Realistically how would sleeping at a campsite enable you to teleport across the map? Tectonic uplift carrying you across the desert?
bOnEs
not yet they haven't... someone is going to get an early copy of this game and go on a spoiler run across the web, i just feel it... once i get my hands on episodes from liberty city, i am staying away from everything RDR until release... i hate reading spoiler stuff on games i want to play... i'll just stick to R* articles and reviews from here on out...

i bet R* wanted to keep the cars a secret...
bOnEs
horseshoes sounds like fun biggrin.gif...

EDIT: lol, i said i should stay away from RDR preview articles but dammit, it's hard not to click on the link when it has "hands-on" in the title laugh.gif... i don't think it'll be easy to stay away from all the RDR PR...

http://www.original-gamer.com/index.php?ac...cle&id=1051

there's a line of great interest to me in the article... i was hoping that gunfights in confined spaces would do this biggrin.gif...

...Seth and me went upstairs to the lobby and quickly dispatched another three goons causing a lot of destruction to the surrounding objects...

shooting up a saloon would be the ultimate object particle show biggrin.gif... watching bottles break, chips and cards flying in the air, wood chips flying across the room and the hats of cowboys flying up in the air laugh.gif...
bOnEs

Knock someone out in melee in every saloon in the game in Single Player.

lol, that'll be a fun one to earn biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
I wonder if you can shoot hats off heads to prove your accuracy to rival gunslingers and make them back down... Or just to piss them off.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 30 2010, 08:26 AM) *
I wonder if you can shoot hats off heads to prove your accuracy to rival gunslingers and make them back down... Or just to piss them off.

I want to do that in multiplayer from a good hiding position and listen to people say "WTF?" he he he! tongue.gif
ThomasH
Hee guys thanks for keeping this topic alive, some great scans and screenshots. smile.gif
That Tattoo is awesome stuff!
Jeff Threat
we gotta keep the topic alive, it's gonna be one of the greatest games this year!
Marney1
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Apr 1 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Hee guys thanks for keeping this topic alive, some great scans and screenshots. smile.gif
That Tattoo is awesome stuff!

This topic will be alive for years, no doubt about it.

Also, iGrandTheftAuto.com gets a mention on Rockstar Games' official site thanks to Jeff! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.