Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Marney1
Info on trophies and achievements coming real soon.
bOnEs
how about info on the multiplayer modes? or how about part II of that gamespot article? it seems like R* has left a couple of bandits for dead... someone needs to save those poor fellas...
TreeFitty
part 2 was continued in the same article as part 1. same link.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 23 2010, 03:16 AM) *

Pt2 hasn't been published yet, there was nothing in that article that wasn't there the other day.

Anyway - "The Blackwater Ledger"

If you watch the 'Life in the West' video you see John buying himself a copy of The Blackwater Ledger. There are a number of news articles on the front:

"Cattle Rustling Worse Than Ever In New Austin"
The poverty stricken ranchers of New Austin have been further blighted by a ruthless band of cattle rustlers in recent months. The hoodlums, led by twin brothers Ike and Willie Bellard have been stealing cattle throughout Hennigans Stead and often selling them at Thieves Landing for well below market value.
The gang is believed to be using Pike's Basin as its base of operations.

"People Missing In Cholla Springs"
Several residents of Armadillo and the surrounding area have gone missing over the past few months in seperate incidents, but none have yet turned up either alive or dead.
Local law enforcement bodies are urging residents to show extra caution when travelling in the back country on their own, or when travelling at night.

Other headlines were:

"Mexican Leader Appeals For Calm"
"Humorist Cracks Jokes, Arrives"
"Williamson Gang Reign of Terror"
"Wonder Tonic From The East Doctors Worried About Future"

There are also a few adverts:

Barrington Apollo Steel
Straight Razor
Our biggest seller and ready for use.

Jolly Jacks Plug Tobacco
Unequalled flavor and satisfaction
No after effects
Aids digestion, vibrancy and mascullinity.

30 Butts/42c Per lb

LOL@ WIllie Bellard! I love sexual innuendos in R* games. tongue.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 23 2010, 01:04 AM) *

Pt2 hasn't been published yet, there was nothing in that article that wasn't there the other day.

Make sure you tell R* that. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...emption.article
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 23 2010, 05:17 AM) *

Make sure you tell R* that. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...emption.article

I stand by what I said, this is my own post on RedDeadForums.com about it and I haven't had any need to update it.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 23 2010, 04:18 AM) *

I stand by what I said, this is my own post on RedDeadForums.com about it and I haven't had any need to update it.

Strange how the spacing for the updated sections are different... Also a bunch of other sites outside of R* have posted the same. Unless GameSpot comes out with an official Part 2, the update was it.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 23 2010, 08:52 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 23 2010, 04:18 AM) *

Strange how the spacing for the updated sections are different... Also a bunch of other sites outside of R* have posted the same. Unless GameSpot comes out with an official Part 2, the update was it.

That was how I found it on the Gamespot feed but it wasn't in the same format you see on their site now and it didn't have the pics so I had to fit them in a few hours later. That's why I mentioned the DLC the other day because it was at the end of the preview the same as it is now. unsure.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 22 2010, 10:02 PM) *

I just noticed that isn't even the whole map, but the first part of three... So it's even fucking bigger, and if the other two areas area as large as this one then it's going to be huge.

Wonder how the boundaries are going to be done though, R* aren't known for placing invisible walls to stop you going further, I think the area will have to be surrounded by impassable cliffs.

Oh and the river is called San Luis, GTA reference?
Koppolander
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 23 2010, 07:54 PM) *

What where you thinking of?
Los Santos? tongue.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (Koppolander @ Mar 23 2010, 07:40 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 23 2010, 07:54 PM) *

What where you thinking of?
Los Santos? tongue.gif

No, the protagonist of The Ballad of Gay Tony. Luis Fernando Lopez.
TreeFitty
I think they'll do the impassable cliffs/rocks. Easy and fits the environment.
TreeFitty
"RockstarGames: Coming tomorrow - the latest Red Dead Redemption video: 'Gentlemen & Vagabonds'"
DuPz0r
They should make a "Gunslinger" edition, and you get this mini revolver free:
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 23 2010, 10:07 PM) *
"RockstarGames: Coming tomorrow - the latest Red Dead Redemption video: 'Gentlemen & Vagabonds'"

so... today then??
Marney1
ViceMan
I prefer the gameplay videos.
bOnEs
lol, traveling salesmen laugh.gif...
Koppolander
I really like the script; sounds like a good story - and fun!
PabloHoneyOle
Will there be any Swedes in Red Dead Redemption?
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 24 2010, 09:08 PM) *
Will there be any Swedes in Red Dead Redemption?

XD.png ^ Dunno but I think it's a rip off of GUN.

Anyway it's good to see some of the typical R* humour surfacing it was all looking quite serious until this vid. I can't wait to grab hold of Willie Bellard tightly and shake him up and down until he's sick.
TreeFitty
Pretty much what they did with IV. Start serious to wow the audience and then get to the humor.
ViceMan
I just watched A Fistful Of Dollars... And i'm listening to the soundtrack to The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 24 2010, 05:43 PM) *
... And i'm listening to the soundtrack to The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

^same. biggrin.gif well, a couple songs I have in my collection...
bOnEs
i'm watching 3:10 to yuma and tombstone just days before i get this game... they're the only westerns i own laugh.gif... but, i've been stopping on AMC when flipping through the channels if they're playing a western.. it's usually a clint eastwood one biggrin.gif... and they are usually playing a western too...

good channel...

EDIT: holy shit!! i'm a gold member finally!!
Marney1
I've been getting into the westerns lately and I was flicking through the channels yesterday trying to find one and spotted that Dr Quinn Medicine Woman was starting so watched that. This episode was about a photographer who was going blind and it showed how the rich people in the town were cunts and wouldn't let the poor people or native Americans in the picture. I also saw the worst western ever the other day. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be hilarious or it was accidently made shit but me and the wife were in hysterics at how terrible it was. I'll try to remember the name of it.
bOnEs
blazing saddles?? lol...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 24 2010, 10:12 PM) *
blazing saddles?? lol...

How did I guess someone would ask that?

Carambola (1974) It's so hilariously shit there's no videos on YouTube but watch it if you get the chance. I can't explain the stupid scenes in it but I just had to watch it all the way through.
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 24 2010, 06:20 PM) *
blazing saddles?? lol...

Carambola (1974) It's so hilariously shit there's no videos on YouTube but watch it if you get the chance. I can't explain the stupid scenes in it but I just had to watch it all the way through.

lol, it's so shitty of a movie that i can't even find it on netflix!!! i was going to watch it if it was in the "watch instantly" section...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 24 2010, 10:23 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 24 2010, 06:20 PM) *
blazing saddles?? lol...

lol, it's so shitty of a movie that i can't even find it on netflix!!! i was going to watch it if it was in the "watch instantly" section...

Just reading who the characters were in that link made me lol.
TheAnalogKid2112
Haven't been keeping track of this game or topic, but I saw a new trailer at Best Buy today that made me decide I'm officially going to buy it.

I mean come on, a western game these days is so unique! Plus it looks amazing either way. It's gonna be awesome.
ViceMan
I wonder if we can swim, I was thinking that perhaps water might be used to define some of the borders, maybe to the south or west and the rest would be cliffs.
TreeFitty
I would think there would be rivers we can swim or trek across on horseback, though.
bOnEs
that'd be cool to do this:

bOnEs
multiplayer details are coming around april 15th... damn, that's a long ways away...
ViceMan
I can wait. It's not that long anyway.
TreeFitty
*cough* 5th *cough* http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/news/rockst...n-and-pax-east/
Marney1
My head's fucked up thinking about EFLC and RDR because now I'm imagining 4 or 5 horses lining up at the airport ready to race in multiplayer.
Massacre
Now that's a game.
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 26 2010, 09:00 PM) *
My head's fucked up thinking about EFLC and RDR because now I'm imagining 4 or 5 horses lining up at the airport ready to race in multiplayer.

Or bailing out of a stagecoach and opening your parachute?
bOnEs
freeroam is going to be so much fun with this game... you and some buddies getting together causing a ruckus at the saloon over a card game... or, going on a hunting trip like dick cheney where only one of you return laugh.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 26 2010, 10:12 PM) *
freeroam is going to be so much fun with this game... you and some buddies getting together causing a ruckus at the saloon over a card game... or, going on a hunting trip like dick cheney where only one of you return laugh.gif...

Wonder if playing Poker in multiplayer will be an option? All sat round a table playing a live game?
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 26 2010, 07:58 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 26 2010, 10:12 PM) *

Wonder if playing Poker in multiplayer will be an option? All sat round a table playing a live game?

i sure hope so... GTAIV's freeroam gets kind of boring when everyone is trying to kill each other... they say they've made vast improvements to the multiplayer mode with RDR... R* claims they've learned a ton from implementing multiplayer into the GTA series... and i hope those improvements means bringing the side-stuff into freeroam... like in GTAIV, you've got bowling, darts, pool, drinking, etc... and the add-ons add a few more activities...

i kind of hope there's the random encounters online too... the stuff they say you run into while free-roaming in the single player... it'd be cool to roam the countryside with a buddy, dishing out the brand of law you see fit... man, i am starting to talk like a cowboy, lol laugh.gif...

speaking of which, check this out biggrin.gif... i made this video some 5 years ago... i don't know if any of you have heard of "the movies" game for the PC... you had a choice from a thousand different animation scenes, and a couple dozen different sets... you could lay music on top of the scenes, and if you wanted, voice acting... lol, i did all the voice acting laugh.gif but, check it out...

silver creek... i never did work on the rest of the trilogy mad.gif...
TreeFitty
^lol I think your voice acting outdid the visuals. laugh.gif You should be in the igta podcast.

And marney that's a great idea. I hope they do put it in the game. Everyone loves to play poker online, so why not do it in a western game where you can kill the winner afterwards? wink.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 27 2010, 02:50 AM) *
^lol I think your voice acting outdid the visuals. laugh.gif You should be in the igta podcast.

lol, and i spent soo much time on the visuals too biggrin.gif... it took a lot of hours to line up the music and cut the scenes to the right time frame with the music and voice-overs... but looking back on it, i still laugh every time i hear my dumb ass on the soundtrack laugh.gif...

i should upload my other videos to youtube... there's a comedy i made called "carrot hour" if your interested in checking out my page... but, i should add my other movies... i made a private eye one, and an alien abduction one too on top of the western and rabbit comedy biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
I still have that game and the expansion, I never did actually make a decent movie, always tried to make 'em too long with too many characters. Then my movie would only get 3 stars or something.

The mayor sounded a bit camp.
bOnEs
all my voices in the movies sound campy... i'm not a good voice actor at all laugh.gif...
Massacre
You sound like Snow Dog.
Marney1
@bOnEs - You said something about hoping for side missions in multiplayer, your prayers might have been answered. IGN Pax 10 Hands-On

Edit: I think that's the wrong article but I'll try and find the one I meant to post.
bOnEs
that was still a good read, that IGN article... i CANNOT wait to do some serious hunting... and the random encounters that i see when trying to do such...

but yea, i'd like to see all of that in the freeroam online... i understand and totally agree that there won't be missions but, the random encounters and side-games should be in freeroam... it would greatly add to the experience... 16 cowboys all running around the map either gunning for each other or, working together on helping some bandits make off with a carriage full of loot biggrin.gif... and maybe this money you earn can be carried over to the main game? giving people more incentive to play online?

i don't know... speculation is cool and all but, we just won't know until we're told by R* themselves... and even then, i'm sure they're going to keep a few things secret for you to discover yourself biggrin.gif...

---------------------------

in case anyone cares to see any of my other "The Movies" movies, i just finished uploading the other two i had to my youtube channel... check em out if you want biggrin.gif...

- silver creek
- carrot hour
- encounters begin
- harvey smith PI
http://www.youtube.com/user/therealartistadam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.