Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Marney1
It's D-O! laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

New Screens: New Austin
PabloHoneyOle
LOL
Marney1
Rockstar have delayed their new video trailer until tomorrow but they gave us this to tide us over.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
The World: Part 1: The Frontier - New Austin

And one new screenshot.
Click to view attachment
TreeFitty
was spell checking my news post when your submission came through. sleep.gif Be quicker next time. wink.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 16 2010, 09:34 PM) *
was spell checking my news post when your submission came through. sleep.gif Be quicker next time. wink.gif

LOL I was busy putting it on my site first! laugh.gif

Anyway for anyone who doesn't check the news page here's the vids.

I hope John can fuck Bonnie.
bOnEs
part 3 in the gameplay video series is up called, "life in the west"...

Marney1
$2 for a drink! I only pay £1.80 now!
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 17 2010, 06:07 PM) *

mellow.gif

I figured they would've had you finding (and/or getting paid with) pieces of gold and using that to buy things.
Massacre
I take it you were born post-1900. Pfft, you young people don't know anything.
TreeFitty
Us city folk don't know how you all out there in the desert work.
Massacre
Obviously not, since you said "you all" instead of "y'all."
TreeFitty
This city boy is getting hungry. Stop playing with the magical future "inter net" box thing and rassle me some cattle.
Massacre
I have a rattlesnake, if you're interested.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 17 2010, 06:07 PM) *

i pay $4 a pint on most nights... $3 on thursdays and $11 for a pitcher on wednesdays... i drink the higher quality though... and i can fill a growler for $12 because of my mug club membership biggrin.gif... you gotta support your local breweries if you like to drink... buying mainstream beer only supports corporations...

i like the side distractions in this game though like drinking and playing cards... it gives you something to do while your contemplating your next move in the story... i can't wait to see how the duel system works... can you challenge someone that's been ruining your night at the cards table? that'd be sweet!! kill 'em and take back what he took from you... it's like the hookers from GTA all over again laugh.gif...
TreeFitty
but there's actual hookers... unsure.gif Twice the fun I guess. thumbup.gif
bOnEs
yes biggrin.gif... but, i'd imagine doing something like that would raise your notoriety... unless he's a bad man of course...
ViceMan
I was mildly interested in this game without knowing anything about it aside from the fact it's set in the wild west. Just read a bit about it and saw one of the trailers and now my interest has risen somewhat. This might be the one game I actually jump on the bandwagon (heh, right setting for that) and buy. It might fill the void until GTA V at least.
Marney1
I personally think it's looking like the best game ever. And dare I say it; better than GTA IV!

LOL ^ Hope you can set the respawn time in multiplayer [like in IV] so we have a chance to watch our victims bounce off the rocks all the way to the bottom.
TreeFitty
Screenshots typically look nice but it's how it looks while you are playing that matters. Trees, grass, etc don't always look that great in games when you are moving around through or past them
Marney1
Multiplayer details leaked? I got this in an email just minutes ago.

RedDeadForums.com
TreeFitty
It's like someone took IV things, changed it for RDR, and sprinkled known info over it.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 19 2010, 02:48 AM) *
It's like someone took IV things, changed it for RDR, and sprinkled known info over it.

That's why I'm not claiming it's official in any way but it does sound convincing. The part where it said you stand as a group in a circle and have a shoot-out sounds good.

EDIT: I've been assured it is official but was removed by the author because they shouldn't have posted it so soon.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 18 2010, 11:13 PM) *

That's why I'm not claiming it's official in any way but it does sound convincing. The part where it said you stand as a group in a circle and have a shoot-out sounds good.

EDIT: I've been assured it is official but was removed by the author because they shouldn't have posted it so soon.

not helping your case...
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 19 2010, 04:30 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 18 2010, 11:13 PM) *

not helping your case...

Suppose we'll have to wait and see.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 19 2010, 02:08 AM) *
Screenshots typically look nice but it's how it looks while you are playing that matters. Trees, grass, etc don't always look that great in games when you are moving around through or past them

Then again you don't really admire all the detail while playing, you just take in the overall effect as a whole. Rather than fapping over every blade of grass.
Marney1
Found the source: Xbox Achievements It's been removed but this was cached.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Feb 2 2010, 12:48 PM) *
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Feb 1 2010, 06:55 AM) *
Yeah, Red Dead Redemption features multiplayer, more details by Rockstar soon.

Special Edition News
* Extra’s (Downloadable Content)
* Soundtrack
* Black Stallion (Horse)
* Gunpack (More Weapons)
* Extra outfits
* Extra minigames for money, outfits and weapons

Source ( were else? wink.gif )

Extra weapons. Sounds worth it.

This might be the one game that i'll buy the special edition.
Marney1
I've had mine on order for weeks now and it's the first special/limited edition game I've bought, I think it will be money well spent. Wonder if they'll include a free stetson hat so you can look like a twat while whacking one out over the TV screen?

THIS FORUM IS INFESTED WITH ALL MANNER OF SCUM!" Marney1
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 19 2010, 04:51 PM) *
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Feb 2 2010, 12:48 PM) *
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Feb 1 2010, 06:55 AM) *
Yeah, Red Dead Redemption features multiplayer, more details by Rockstar soon.

Special Edition News
* Extra’s (Downloadable Content)
* Soundtrack
* Black Stallion (Horse)
* Gunpack (More Weapons)
* Extra outfits
* Extra minigames for money, outfits and weapons

Source ( were else? wink.gif )

Extra weapons. Sounds worth it.

This might be the one game that i'll buy the special edition.

yea, maybe i should be pre-ordering the special edition pack too... it looks like it comes with ALL of the pre-order bonuses... or are those different??? it says black stallion but, the pre-order horse is the "war horse"... so, maybe it doesn't have all of that...
Marney1
@bOnEs

Amazon(UK)
Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition

This all-inclusive Limited Edition for Red Dead Redemption features the full game, The Deadly Assassin Outfit, the Golden Gun Weapon pack, the War Horse and the originally scored soundtrack from the game.

THE RED DEAD REDEMPTION GAME

THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT
John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.

THE WAR HORSE
There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.

THE GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK
The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.

THE SOUNDTRACK
More details will be revealed about the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack very soon.

Maybe the War Horse is the Black Stallion? Anyway I'm already wondering what the DLC will be.

Last line of the GameSpot preview Pt1:
The build we saw still had a few rough edges, but we're looking forward to seeing the final product and the post-launch downloadable content that Rockstar San Diego has planned.
ViceMan
Wonder what'll happen to the two outfits that weren't selected to be included. Seems a bit pointless making them then discarding them. Maybe they'll be individual items for 99p in the store (which I won't buy.)
bOnEs
why isn't that deal in the american store?? that really sucks... i actually wanted all of the stuff... the guns, the horse, the outfit, and i'm pretty sure the soundtrack is going to be really good... i love the music in western movies... is any other place selling the limited edition besides amazon.uk??

@vice - yea, i wanted the hunters outfit to win that contest... i think it looks sweet and, i do plan on hunting A LOT... but i knew my country would vote for the obviously helpful and evil looking assassin's outfit...
Marney1
I wanted the Expert Hunter outfit over everything else really but with a DLC confirmed by Rockstar San Diego then surely the little things like the missing outfits will be available as downloads too.
bOnEs
looks like the best deal i can find around for a special edition in north america comes from pre-ordering with gamestop... you get the deadly assassin's outfit and the soundtrack for what appears to be free... i might just go with that then...

having the war horse and golden guns would be cool and all but, they almost seem like game breakers if you can get your hands on them early in the game... there would be no point in upgrading horse breeds throughout the game if i always have the best one... and there'd be no incentive in upgrading to better guns when i have the golden guns getting me more fame, and unlocking other shit faster...

fuck it, i think i'd be happy with the soundtrack and evil looking outfit for when i want to start my evil file... and by then, maybe R* will have released DLC with all the pre-ordered outfits, guns, and horses... i'm pretty sure there's plenty of outfits to unlock with their own special abilities during the game... i've seen numerous outfits from the screenshots... so, i might just save the deadly one for my evil file....
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 20 2010, 11:14 PM) *
looks like the best deal i can find around for a special edition in north america comes from pre-ordering with gamestop... you get the deadly assassin's outfit and the soundtrack for what appears to be free... i might just go with that then...

having the war horse and golden guns would be cool and all but, they almost seem like game breakers if you can get your hands on them early in the game... there would be no point in upgrading horse breeds throughout the game if i always have the best one... and there'd be no incentive in upgrading to better guns when i have the golden guns getting me more fame, and unlocking other shit faster...

fuck it, i think i'd be happy with the soundtrack and evil looking outfit for when i want to start my evil file... and by then, maybe R* will have released DLC with all the pre-ordered outfits, guns, and horses... i'm pretty sure there's plenty of outfits to unlock with their own special abilities during the game... i've seen numerous outfits from the screenshots... so, i might just save the deadly one for my evil file....

I thought the same, but I just won't use them, well I might use the horse but probably not the guns, too unrealistic. (I'm talking like i'm definitely getting it now.)
SirPsychoSexy
Just a crazy thought, RDR is set in 1908, right? Now, we didn't get planes ni GTA IV (I actually think that was a good thing), but the first airplane flying unassisted was in the air in 1908, so, planes in RDR?
TreeFitty
It's possible. Really don't know enough about the game to say if they are in, and if so, are they usable. I think R* will focus more on the old west elements but you never know with them.
Koppolander
I'd say no planes in RDR.
Are you supposed to get in a plane and fly for, what, 60 meters?
Marney1
QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Mar 21 2010, 10:54 PM) *
Just a crazy thought, RDR is set in 1908, right? Now, we didn't get planes ni GTA IV (I actually think that was a good thing), but the first airplane flying unassisted was in the air in 1908, so, planes in RDR?

I'd say it's almost a certainty R* will include one of those early planes in a DLC because the RDR world is so big and it's all about the industrial revolution and new technology.
Koppolander
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 22 2010, 01:36 AM) *

I'd say it's almost a certainty R* will include one of those early planes in a DLC because the RDR world is so big and it's all about the industrial revolution and new technology.

You do have a point... bird.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Koppolander @ Mar 22 2010, 12:39 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 22 2010, 01:36 AM) *

You do have a point... bird.gif

I know I do, and your emoticon doesn't match your comment.
ViceMan
The only thing that gives it away so far as being set in 1908 was the van mounted with the gattling gun. You don't expect vans to be driving round in the wild west. Actually it wasn't till I checked afterwards that I discovered the wild west era didn't officially end until 1920.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 22 2010, 08:17 AM) *
The only thing that gives it away so far as being set in 1908 was the van mounted with the gattling gun. You don't expect vans to be driving round in the wild west. Actually it wasn't till I checked afterwards that I discovered the wild west era didn't officially end until 1920.

There will be one or two towns with modern paved sidewalks and roads so I'm presuming we'll find a few posh people with cars. They'll be slow as fuck though if there are.
PabloHoneyOle
They've changed the boxart for Red Dead AGAIN! That's probably what delayed it a month, a test audiences reaction to the SECOND design.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 22 2010, 08:43 PM) *
They've changed the boxart for Red Dead AGAIN! That's probably what delayed it a month, a test audiences reaction to the SECOND design.

What, this?

It's all I could find but it could have been made by anyone.

Nevermind, it is official.
TreeFitty
^shit man, you're supposed to be on top of RDR stuff. mad.gif
Marney1
LOL ^ I only checked about 40 minutes ago and there as nothing.
PabloHoneyOle
No excuse.

In other news, Just Cause 2 comes out tomorrow, on time.
ViceMan
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemp...res/thefrontier

Looks like quite a large map.

But there are 6 weapons, only 4 of which are guns. I thought there'd be more or haven't they all been revealed yet? because there's a sniper rifle isn't there?
TreeFitty
there's definitely more weapons to reveal, sniper included.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.