Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
bOnEs
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6700.html

it was delayed due to marketing concerns... apparently R* doesn't think enough hype has been built up for this yet...
Marney1
Massacre
Fucking hot.
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 3 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Slightly off topic, but I'm thinking about getting Call Of Juarez to tide me over until this comes out. Anyone played it and is it any good? I don't really mind the delay, means less glitches, which is good, unless they're fun glitches like GTA IV swingset glitch.
Marney1
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 4 2010, 08:09 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 3 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Slightly off topic, but I'm thinking about getting Call Of Juarez to tide me over until this comes out. Anyone played it and is it any good? I don't really mind the delay, means less glitches, which is good, unless they're fun glitches like GTA IV swingset glitch.

The delay seems to be purely about marketing strategy to make more money if you isten to 'Take-Two Interactive Software' chairman Strauss Zelnick.

Swing glitch on a horse would be hilarious. XD.png Anyway what I'm mostly interested in right now are details about the map size I really want to see a pic of the map itself.
TreeFitty
have any of the previews suggested the size yet? probably going to be bigger than IV.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 4 2010, 09:21 PM) *
have any of the previews suggested the size yet? probably going to be bigger than IV.

All I can find are other conversations full of fan speculation, 'bigger than San Andreas', 'same as Liberty City', and people saying they've 'heard' it's this and that but can't remember where they heard it.
Edgecrusher
I read somewhere that the map is bigger than that of any previously released Rockstar title, can't remember where though. I really want it to be huge so that you get a real sense of the vastness of the old west. There's still limitations to the size though unfortunately because of the Xbox still using the DVD format.

*edit*

All I can find are other conversations full of fan speculation, 'bigger than San Andreas', 'same as Liberty City', and people saying they've 'heard' it's this and that but can't remember where they heard it.

roll2.gif I'm serious though, I did read somewhere about it being huge.
Marney1
See what I mean? ^ dry.gif
bOnEs
i too read that it's slightly bigger than san andreas... it's their biggest map yet... i think i read that in the IGN interview...
Edgecrusher
dry.gif I'm going to find the source now. *Curses marney for making him back up his statements*

*Edit*

Nm, just realised it was from the first post of this thread which doesn't site any official source. I can't see it being small though, parts are set in the U.S. and others in Mexico...
TreeFitty
And if you don't find your source, your input is null and void from now on. sleep.gif
Edgecrusher
Meh, my opinion is worth about as much as that of anyone else. Anyway, speculation is fun...
Marney1
GameStop Pre-Order Info & Official Deadly Assassin Outfit Video

To unlock the outfit though you'll first need to:

Win A Duel In Armadillo
Travel to the town of Armadillo, and accept any
challenge to fight a duel. Just make sure to win.

Capture Or Kill Mo Van Barr
While in Armadillo, find the wanted poster for Mo Van
Barr, accept the Bounty Hunting mission, and bring
this notorious member of the Walton Gang to justice,
dead or alive.

Solve The Mystery Of The Missing Townsfolk
People have been disappearing for weeks from the
outskirts of Armadillo. Track down the clues, solve
the mystery and live to tell the tale.

Search Coot's Chapel
Find the ruins of Coot's Chapel in the wilds of Cholla
Springs, and search for treasure.

Complete The Twin Rocks Hideout
Find the legendary criminal hideout of Twin Rocks,
located North of the town of Armadillo to complete
this final challenge.

Also - Cool song/video combo.

Sorry for the big text I fucked up editing it and couldn't be arsed changing it.
TreeFitty
I didn't realize it was so complicated to get these bonus things. I thought you were just handed them at somepoint in the game.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 5 2010, 06:55 AM) *
I didn't realize it was so complicated to get these bonus things. I thought you were just handed them at somepoint in the game.

I wonder if those missions will still be available in the non-special edition copies? Maybe doing them will unlock something else I dunno.
TreeFitty
Might be an achievement/trophy for doing them all. Or they just picked a bunch of random things for you to do to get the bonus.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 5 2010, 08:12 AM) *
Might be an achievement/trophy for doing them all. Or they just picked a bunch of random things for you to do to get the bonus.

I've pre-ordered the Limited Edition version from Amazon, wonder what I'll have to do to get the Golden Gun Pack and the War Horse?

Also, if you pre-order the Official Strategy Guide now you might just get it for free if GameSpot don't ammend their guarantee soon.

Pre-order Red Dead Redemption Official Strategy Guide by April 26 at 11am CST with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on the street date of April 27! If your product does not arrive on the street date, we will fully refund your shipping charge. Continental United States only. Must have Overnight Service available in your area. Offer void if you are unable to accept a delivery that was attempted. Not responsible for orders delayed due to inclement weather, incorrect address or credit card information.
Flea
How exactly do these bonus things works? i am very interested in the war horse, do i not get that if i just buy it from a shop? will i have to pre-order from somewhere??
Marney1
QUOTE (Flea @ Mar 5 2010, 04:49 PM) *
How exactly do these bonus things works? i am very interested in the war horse, do i not get that if i just buy it from a shop? will i have to pre-order from somewhere??

I doubt you can get the bonus items like the War Horse and Assassin Outfit in the normal game because the Special/Limited Editions are more expensive to buy so the the extra money must be buying some exclusive material. My suspicion is that you'll be able to download the bonus items as DLC's later in the year.
That's just speculation from me, not sourced.

I'd like to know if you can use the bonus's in multiplayer as an advantage, maybe you'd be put into a lobby with others with the same package I dunno. More info needed for this game me thinks.
Edgecrusher
I would imagine it will be the same as the complete edition of Midnight Club: LA, i.e. users of the standard version will have to download the DLC to play against you. Either that or you just won't be able to use them online. I will be very surpised if these items are not released as DLC, I think the main reason for the difference in price is the included soundtrack CD.
Marney1
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 5 2010, 05:33 PM) *
I would imagine it will be the same as the complete edition of Midnight Club: LA, i.e. users of the standard version will have to download the DLC to play against you. Either that or you just won't be able to use them online. I will be very surpised if these items are not released as DLC, I think the main reason for the difference in price is the included soundtrack CD.

I don't think they'd charge an extra 20 for a soundtrack.

Also just got this email from Gamestation;

Hey **********

Thanks for your following order placed with Gamestation.

Order number(s):
You'll never guess what!! The UK release date for Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition has changed to 21/05/2010 00:00:00. This happens quite often and we know it's frustrating. It's just one of those (infuriating) things which are unfortunately out of our control.

Don't worry though, your order hasn't gone anywhere and will be sent out just before its release date via the option you chose - just hang on in there a little longer!
TreeFitty
I agree with the DLC remarks. Probably give the "exclusives" to everyone eventually. Not for a while though.
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 5 2010, 05:59 PM) *
I don't think they'd charge an extra 20 for a soundtrack
There's the rub though, with the tag, "Limited Edition," they can pretty much charge what they like, for whatever content they like (within reason, of course), and still ensure sales.
Marney1
This is the best review I've read so far.

EuroGamer
Marney1

mace9 a GameStop forum member was given this by an employee over at his local GameStop store. He says it contained t-shirts and lanyards. And by the looks of it also contained mini booklets about the game.
More pics of the RDR Employee Launch Kit
mace9's post on GameStop
TreeFitty
Someone will probably get fired over it.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 7 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Someone will probably get fired over it.

Hang them naked outside the shop on launch day.
PabloHoneyOle
Is the US release date still on track? This is my next pre-order. Probably going today to put some cash down.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 8 2010, 03:37 PM) *
Is the US release date still on track? This is my next pre-order. Probably going today to put some cash down.

18th May in U.S & 21st UK and Europe.

Australia.............who cares?
Marney1
John Marston is lost in Liberty City and ends up partying at a strip club with Dan Houser and Jack Thompson............really!

PabloHoneyOle
Well, I guess the game has been pushed back to May, officially. Kind of sucks, but now I'm VERY glad I'm getting Just Cause 2.

That kind of ruins my late April plans, but now I have made a blood oath to buy no videogames in April. It will be purely a catchup month. And a ketchup month.

bOnEs
people of the west (part 2) is now up on R*'s website... i'm at work and rockstar's website is blocked here... but, i saw a news story that said it's now up... supposedly there's about 15 new screenshots with these new characters... i'll check 'em out when i get home tonight...
trathen93
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 11 2010, 11:40 AM) *
John Marston is lost in Liberty City and ends up partying at a strip club with Dan Houser and Jack Thompson............really!

haha thats fuckin funny. the strip club part just tops it. if only the voices for john and dan were real and not off Microsoft sam
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 12 2010, 08:57 PM) *
people of the west (part 2) is now up on R*'s website... i'm at work and rockstar's website is blocked here... but, i saw a news story that said it's now up... supposedly there's about 15 new screenshots with these new characters... i'll check 'em out when i get home tonight...

They're all here. wink.gif

Also R* will be releasing their new Gameplay Series video: "Life in the West" this Tuesday!
Massacre
Did they announce the new release date? I just pre-ordered this.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 13 2010, 08:41 PM) *
Did they announce the new release date? I just pre-ordered this.

Release date is now 18th May for the U.S & 21st for the U.K and the rest of planet earth. Did you get the GameSpot pre-order?

Did you get the PS3 or Xbox one?
Massacre
360. Why? Is there multiplayer or something?
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 13 2010, 09:04 PM) *
360. Why? Is there multiplayer or something?

You shittin' me? Yeah Rockstar are releasing a video showing the multiplayer features soon. I'm never going to get to play with Massacre. sad.gif
Massacre
I didn't know, I never pay attention to multiplayer. I guess I could change it to PS3.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 13 2010, 09:10 PM) *
I didn't know, I never pay attention to multiplayer. I guess I could change it to PS3.

Cancel it bitch!
Massacre
Fuck it, I'm tired. Just buy a 360 instead.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 13 2010, 09:12 PM) *
Fuck it, I'm tired. Just buy a 360 instead.

Fuck you! serial.gif
Massacre
Fuck you!
Marney1
This was posted on another site, could just be a mistake though.

R*HQ
TreeFitty
Probably typo.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 13 2010, 05:10 PM) *

you should do it... it doesn't seem like any xbox people play online around here... we can't even get the GTAIV matches going... so, if you want to experience RDR online, you should get it for the PS3...
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre, I implore you to keep your 360 version. Don't let the fanboys get to you.

Kidding. But I've got this preordered, although it feels like it will never come out. Fucking MAY?
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 15 2010, 07:42 PM) *
Massacre, I implore you to keep your 360 version. Don't let the fanboys get to you.

Kidding. But I've got this preordered, although it feels like it will never come out. Fucking MAY?

To Stoic - from Rockstar.

Plus there will be a new video tomorrow.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 15 2010, 03:42 PM) *

quiet you!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.