Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PabloHoneyOle
I've been meaning to get back into RDR - especially Undead Nightmare.

Maybe I'll give it a go, but I don't give a shit about the "outfits".
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 19 2011, 11:37 PM) *
I've been meaning to get back into RDR - especially Undead Nightmare.

Maybe I'll give it a go, but I don't give a shit about the "outfits".

Same here. The game has a lot of life in it yet, it's not even been out a year yet.
TreeFitty
Fastest way to get XP in Red Dead Redemption

Anything you guys want to add, feel free to comment. thumbup.gif
ENVi3
I finally got this game. And yeah, I know I'm pretty late. I've been liking it so far smile.gif
ViceMan
As your name suggests, I envy you; all that thrill and excitement to come.
ENVi3
lol, thanks. I can't believe I missed out on this game when it came out, but as I remember I was pretty poor last summer so I couldn't buy it.
Are the online DLC packs worth buying? I think I might just get the Undead Nightmare pack and pass on the others.
TreeFitty
You can get the Undead Nightmare Disc to get them all and save some $$$.
ViceMan
A lot of people didn't like the buyable DLC, but I did because I play online in ranked matches alot, and those new maps were fun to play in. The new characters I couldn't give a shit about as there's no originality in running around as John Marston or Red Harlow, ever other motherfucker had those two skins selected. The new weapons were alright but hard to get, the explosive rifle is only accessible in the stronghold matches by opening a safe.

I've nearly finished playing through AC2 again so once that's done I think another playthrough of RDR is in order, as I only completed it the once and i'd like to experience the beginning of the story once again. Plus it'll be a good opportunity to get rid of the rust for online matches.
DuPz0r
I've only just completed undead nightmare. I've still got 100% to achieve though. A lot of life left in it for me...
Massacre
Shit, I never went back to finish this. I have a lot to do this summer.
ViceMan
I 100%ed long ago, there's not as much to do as in GTA IV, no pigeons, stunt jumps, etc. It's pretty easy.

I'm quite looking forward to getting back into RDR now.
Massacre
I'm a few bounties short of 100% on RDR, but I never even finished the missions in Undead Nightmare.
ViceMan
I'm beginning to want RDR 2 more than GTA 5, am I fucked up in the head?... Actually don't answer that.
Massacre
Well, we've all forgotten about GTA IV, whereas some of us just played RDR this week.
ENVi3
Judging from the GTAIV DLC and RDR, Rockstar seems to be heading in the right direction for GTA V smile.gif
ViceMan
Aye every bit of progress is good progress.
Massacre
Did R* say why they did Undead Nightmare? Was it because cowboys vs. zombies was an untouched market, or did they just feel like sticking zombies into a random game? Hopefully the latter, that gives us a shot at getting zombies in our GTA some day. Not as DLC, just a multiplayer mode and something you can turn on from the pause menu in single player.
TreeFitty
I think Marney or someone posted something about R* having a zombie game planned at one point but it got cancelled and they put zombies in RDR instead.
ViceMan
I just got back into this last night, a quick SP walkabout as Jack (do I need to spoilerise that any more?biggrin.gif) to refresh my memory on the controls. I was hunting cougars, creeping up on them for a change.
TreeFitty
About a month ago I became aware that I was running at wolf packs with a knife instead of running away like I used to.

In other news, PlayStation 3 filled the XP meter and got their avatars. Xbox 360 is trailing pretty good.
ViceMan
Lol! Go fanboys! No, not that whore who used to frequent this place.
bOnEs
woah, i actually expected the 360 to whore out the challenge for the sake of getting the bragging rights... since it was the PS3, i would imagine that it wouldn't turn into a big flame war since the average PS3 user is older and more mature... not a knock on the 360 but, there are a lot of immature gamers on the 360, as evident when you get online with a headset...
TreeFitty
PS Fanwhore is online time to time. Doesn't come here though. I forget his current name to look at his last log in.
bOnEs
pickles??
TreeFitty
^yeah that was it. July 22nd 2010. Long time.
ViceMan
So I played a bit longer again last night, still just roaming the outback and I remembered how beautiful the landscape is, I was just sitting there watching the sun set and dusk approach. In between getting mauled by wolves that is.
TreeFitty
New poll is up. If you guys have ideas for future questions let me know. smile.gif

And Xbox 360 finished the RDR XP challenge
Marney1
Rockstar just tweeted:
By popular demand our next 2-hour #RedDeadRedemption Triple XP session will begin at 10PM Eastern tonight so get those consoles ready...
TreeFitty
Just ran in here to say that... biggrin.gif

2:38 EST right now so about 7 hours 20 minutes to go
ViceMan
Oh good i'll be well asleep by then.
Marney1
Woohoo! Can't wait 'til 3am.............hang on, wait...
ViceMan
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 25 2011, 08:04 PM) *

*waits*
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 25 2011, 09:13 PM) *
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 25 2011, 08:04 PM) *

*waits*

Just over 2 hours to go!!! I....I feel, feel so........faint.......*falls asleep*
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 3 2011, 05:00 AM) *

One of the R* San Diego devs told me that's over a hundred awards Red Dead has won if you include all the Readers Choice Awards, gaming site awards etc. I'd love to see the mantlepiece they've got them all displayed on.

I think they're all totally deserved.
TreeFitty
I was thinking about an "Awards" page. I'll have to dig through all the different news posts. tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 3 2011, 05:42 AM) *
I was thinking about an "Awards" page. I'll have to dig through all the different news posts. tongue.gif

That'll be a huge job, see you next month.
TreeFitty
Apparently there will be more awards tomorrow and Red Dead Redemption has quite a few nominations to win. smile.gif
Marney1
Triple XP Event!

OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR GAMERTAGS

* RedDeadDev3
* RedDeadDev4
* RedDeadDev5
* RedDeadDev6

Up for grabs...
TreeFitty
fixes link...

fanboy shit aside, RDR PS3 >> RDR 360

Marney1
Some of the devs at GDC 2011
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 3 2011, 05:29 PM) *
fixes link...

They didn't try very hard on the 360. I'm rather disappointed.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 4 2011, 12:55 AM) *
fixes link...

They didn't try very hard on the 360. I'm rather disappointed.

That's because Xbox's are sh But still, it's one of a kind (I think) and it's worth entering as there's a good chance of winning. Not that many actually enter these Sweepstakes etc and I've noticed the same person win at least twice. happy.gif
TreeFitty
Not one-of-a-kind but there's only a handful of them. Looks like they just slapped a sticker on it tbh.
Marney1
Watch the GDC 2011 Awards
ViceMan
Fuck me do you ever sleep?!
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 4 2011, 11:48 AM) *
Fuck me do you ever sleep?!

No. Nightmares keep me from sleeping so I tend to fall asleep only when it's impossible to stay awake. When I do manage a proper sleep pattern I tend to get by with about 4 hours.
bOnEs

wow, how do i get my hands on that thing?!
TreeFitty
It was given away during the last PS3 event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.