Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre, I need a co-op buddy.
DuPz0r
I updated my Multiplayer Titles guide, and it now contains all the weapon titles.
http://www.ireddead.com/guide/reddeadredem...d-requirements/
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 23 2010, 09:56 AM) *

i'd be your huckleberry if i had an xbox...
Massacre

There is a whole mountain of problems I'm dealing with right now regarding my pc and the various other items I require to get on Xbox Live. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until next month.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 23 2010, 01:50 PM) *

There is a whole mountain of problems I'm dealing with right now regarding my pc and the various other items I require to get on Xbox Live. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until next month.

Sorry to hear you're gay.

Massacre Tanner, I need a co-op buddy.

Massacre
Well fuck you, then. Feel free to buy me a new motherboard, if you like.
bOnEs
my gang hideout guide just got approved... it's for the single player part of the game but, if you have any exploits or tips and tricks for them please feel free to submit them in the comments section... wearing the gang outfit sometimes spawns strange occurrences like the glitch at solomon's folly, and i bet they work in other places biggrin.gif... so do a little experimenting like i did and see what happens...

and if i forget tomorrow, someone start a gnag hideout (multiplayer) thread and start gathering tips and tricks... i plan on putting one of those together soon too biggrin.gif... seriously, if you have any other ideas for a guides, speak up!! i am sure there's other people like myself willing to put on together something on the subject... dupzor, stoic, and indy have done something so far...
DuPz0r
So what happened to everyone...? I've only noticed b0nEs And Vicey play the co-op missions thus far, have you people lost interest already?!
asthenia
I haven't touched my PS3 since the 18th... damn work...
ViceMan
No one seems to be online, and if they are they're not playing RDR.
bOnEs
lets set up a match for this monday and see what kind of turnout we get biggrin.gif... we'll do a typical deathmatch but, with freeroaming afterwards or maybe some more matches, or co-op if there's just a few of us left...

either way, we should get these going before everyone loses interest... i've actually already started playing another game, batman: arkham asylum so, the urge to play it is slowly wearing off but, i am still down for online stuff because, i don't play anything else online...
PabloHoneyOle
I've been taking a break from RDR, so I don't get burntout. The whole playing as Jack kind of slowed my roll, but I'll get back in there. Still plenty to do with achievements and everything. Plus MP.
asthenia
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 29 2010, 04:24 PM) *
I've been taking a break from RDR, so I don't get burntout. The whole playing as Jack kind of slowed my roll, but I'll get back in there. Still plenty to do with achievements and everything. Plus MP.

As soon as I killed whathisface it picked up again for me. Pretty much instantly. Weird, huh? Before then I was forcing myself to play.
ViceMan
So are we going to have any matches this Monday, haven't heard anything else about it so i'm not sure if anyone's interested. I'm getting pissed off of being the lone guy getting gangraped by a 6 man posse, although I can hold my own against them for a while with the high powered pistol and carcano rifle.
JamieMilne
im always up for it anytime, im online every night, so if you see me in red dead just invite me online lol
ViceMan
DuPz0r
Wow, that's a lot of statage! Too many people in this world own consoles these days!
DuPz0r
I was just playing some co-op missions and then it lagged loads and then an Error appeared telling me the network connection was lost. Now I've tried going back onto a public game and i keep getting kicked because of this error. Is anyone aware of the servers being down or something?

I'll keep trying.
TreeFitty
I got logged out last night. Wasn't playing online though. Just popped up about an error and getting logged out.
Marney1
I've just done the bit in the story where it erm, 'changes?' And I'm a bit stunned but so glad I haven't been reading any RDR threads. huh.gif ohmy.gif

Wow, Red Dead Redemption just blew my mind.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jul 10 2010, 11:56 PM) *
I got logged out last night. Wasn't playing online though. Just popped up about an error and getting logged out.

Ok, so it's not just me then. I was getting worried that my online profile had become corrupt or something. Didn't that happen to Vicey?

I'm going to try getting on again today, see if i have any problems.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 11 2010, 10:59 AM) *
Ok, so it's not just me then. I was getting worried that my online profile had become corrupt or something. Didn't that happen to Vicey?

No, mine was because I turned the console off while saving, which corrupted the save data, so I had to delete it.
TheAnalogKid2112
Fucking great news. My friend with a PS3 bought this and is going to let me borrow it when he's finished. The great thing is this moron only plays the story then stops, doesn't work for trophies or ever plays online. So yay me, I get this game for free for as long as I want. So glad I waited. See you all soon!
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 13 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Fucking great news. My friend with a PS3 bought this and is going to let me borrow it when he's finished. The great thing is this moron only plays the story then stops, doesn't work for trophies or ever plays online. So yay me, I get this game for free for as long as I want. So glad I waited. See you all soon!

Too late. We've rinsed it offline and online and most of us have moved on. tongue.gif With the exception of me, ViceMan and b0nEs. And occasionally Psy. But i guess i could give you hand with some co-ops if you want.
JamieMilne
hey ohmy.gif i still play red dead, why am i not counted as still playing it and havnt moved on dup sad.gif lol

does anyone know how to fix ps3 connection issues. ?
DuPz0r
Fine, i never see you on it. You only seem to play GTA when i'm on tongue.gif

I dunno. I get random connection issues with Red Dead. Sometimes it's fine, the next minute it just wont work for a couple of hours!
ViceMan
I'm still having the perpetual loading screen when returning to SP from MP issue, but it doesn't matter because usually after playing MP I turn off anyway.
TreeFitty
I'm going to leave this right here...

asthenia
I'm just gonna assume that is from Undead Nightmare and say I love stuff like this. Just reminds me that Rockstars DLC are already planned out and well into development before the game even drops.
PabloHoneyOle
I'll bet $1 that the Zombie Horse is included in the upcoming Zombie DLC.
Flea
Can anyone help me out?? I've got 99% and i'm pretty sure the thing i'm missing is the rest of the wanted posters, i've done 6 in new austin, 2 in mexico and 2 in west Elizabeth, but they never show up, i heard that they only show at 7am which just isnt true, anyone know how to get them to appear??
Massacre
Sleep. The guy usually comes and tacks up the new poster right after I wake up.
bOnEs
it's not the guys you have to arrest, it's the locations you need to find... link your game up with the social club and it will tell you which location you are missing... or what it is that you are missing for 100%... if it's a location, go to the corresponding bounty board and save... then, check the board and keep reloading until you see one in the location you are missing..
TreeFitty
I don't think it really matters where you get the poster. I think it gets tacked up where you are. Some of the Mexican ones I had to travel across the map to the bounty when another town (that has the posters) was much closer.

Not 100% on this but something to look into.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Aug 6 2010, 08:51 PM) *
I don't think it really matters where you get the poster. I think it gets tacked up where you are. Some of the Mexican ones I had to travel across the map to the bounty when another town (that has the posters) was much closer.

Not 100% on this but something to look into.

I thought the only Mexican town that had bounty posters was Chuparosa. But yes, it's the unique locations you need to complete, not a certain number of bounties.

I think you need 8 in Mexico, 8 in New Austin and 4 in West Elizabeth.
TreeFitty
They get posted in Escalera (sp?) too just up the hill to the right in the village area and I believe other places Eastern in Mexico.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Aug 6 2010, 09:56 PM) *
They get posted in Escalera (sp?) too just up the hill to the right in the village area and I believe other places Eastern in Mexico.

How's the Shitkickers posse going BTW? Do you even play RDR any more?
TreeFitty
I was just on Wednesday trying to get gold in missions for Psy.

And the ShitKickers are doing just fine. mad.gif We are currently the best posse out there as long as we are just on LAN. sleep.gif
ViceMan
Just had the funniest team deathmatch, there was a guy on the opposing team called Tai Guy who sounded about 13, every time I killed him he kept screaming down the mic in an incomprehensible squeaky language (possibly Thai.) It was even funnier because he kept shooting at me and didn't kill me then I turn around and shoot him in the head.
Flea
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 6 2010, 07:28 PM) *
it's not the guys you have to arrest, it's the locations you need to find... link your game up with the social club and it will tell you which location you are missing... or what it is that you are missing for 100%... if it's a location, go to the corresponding bounty board and save... then, check the board and keep reloading until you see one in the location you are missing..

I've signed into the social club but i cant find where it tells me what i need to get the 1%, bounties just dont appear on my game anymore, mabe its a glitch....
TreeFitty
Social Club > RDR > 100% - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

You may need to re-link your account for it to show your current status. I think rare weapons give you 1% too.

As for bounties, somewhere in your stats it tells you how many bounties you have done for each area. Find a town where you know posters are and hang out for about 5 minutes.
Flea
Cheers TreeFitty, yeah its deffinitly the bounties am missing, will try wot u sed, hopefully they will show themselves eventually
bOnEs
so, i bounce around the freeroam mode last, checking in and out of sessions... messing around with gang hideouts, shootouts in towns, joining a posse and helping them out... i'm dishing out more than i am taking, hearing guys talk shit after they finally kill me, etc etc etc... getting killed by better gangs, then switching to knives and hearing them on the headset say, "haha that artist guy has killed me with knives twice now"...

anyways, in one of the first sessions i join, this guy invites me to his raping... he's getting his ass kicked and wants some help from an outsider... enter me... i die at first then, unless a fury of death upon these 3 guys... one leaves and the other two start losing interest... next thing i know, the guy that invited me to join his posse joins a friends private session, which brings me along for the ride... new guy starts talking on the headset and i quote;

guy 1: hey, who is that guy?!
guy 2: i don't know, i thought he was your friend...
guy 1: i don't know him...

silence for about 10 seconds as i whistle for my horse...

guy 1: was he in your posse or something?
guy 2: i don't remember him...

*facepalm*

guy 1: how did he get in here?! this is private! hey you! get out of here!
guy 2: let's kill him or something...

it was at this point that i was staring at that fucker that brought me into this private match because i was in his posse... so, i shot and killed his horse while he was leaving the gang... he's fair game now biggrin.gif... i kill him and his buddy shows up and i waste him...

guy 1: GET OUT!!

i kill them both again

guy 1: GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!

i kill them both AGAIN, then i leave laugh.gif... fucking assholes... why the fuck did guy 2 take me away from the public match into the private match... then proceed to forget who the fuck i was in front of his boyfriend... i hope i made their day...
ViceMan
Yeah it's funny how they act all hard and mouthy over the mic when they're taking you on with two other people, saying how you "got owned" and shit. But when you fight back and kill them all they start to get pissed off and blaming it on lag or something. All this in freeroam too where kills don't fucking count.
bOnEs
there was about 10 of us messing around in armadillo... pointless killing to be honest... i was about to start a gang shootout but, when i selected the kiosk, it said i would be leaving the gang and the session... i thought i could start a match and all of these guys could join up and do some meaningful killing... but, it said it was taking me away from this session...

when i start one, doesn't it give everyone the option to join from that session, or does it really take me into a separate waiting room with other people interested in team deathmatch?? i was getting bored with all the killing in armadillo, this is where i was beginning to use the knives for shits and giggles... so, i wanted to get all these people together for a match... was i doing it right?

i'd rather just start a match instead of sitting around killing people for 5xp and nothing else...
ViceMan
I just go straight into free froam, press select and choose the match type from there, I don't give a fuck who I play with.
bOnEs
well duh, i just wanted to know if it was going to invite everyone from the shootout in armadillo to join an "actual" shootout...
ViceMan
It gives them the option to, but i'd imagine they'd be too afraid to join an actual ranked match on the offchance there were people there who were better than them.
bOnEs
my gang was getting raped by the other one so, i think the only fear would be that i would be the only one from my gang that joins laugh.gif... oh well, i'll try it next time there's a boring shootout in a town...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.