Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 15 2010, 10:45 AM) *
You only just getting into Mexico? Jeez your slow.

and @ Massacre:

Yeah, I'm not usually too drunk to play but I dont play it everyday and most of the time, I dont do the missions........I usually just fuck around hunting, doing bounties, helping people out, or riding around............I got down to getting a good portion of the missions done to open up Mexico last night, finally.
Massacre
Oh, well, drunken gingers make me laugh, so I like to pretend that you're always drunk. But whatever, it's cool.
DiO
Multi-player on expert modes are bullshit. No auto-aim makes it impossible for a shootout with people right in front of you. The cross-hair moves way too sloe. It prolly is better for long distance battles.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 15 2010, 10:05 PM) *
Multi-player on expert modes are bullshit. No auto-aim makes it impossible for a shootout with people right in front of you. The cross-hair moves way too sloe. It prolly is better for long distance battles.

Semi-auto shotgun?
DiO
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 15 2010, 05:47 PM) *
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 15 2010, 10:05 PM) *

Semi-auto shotgun?

That of high ammo capicity rifle or mauser would be nice. Doing deathmach though the give you SHIT weapons. I like "causal" aim mode. You can still get good at it. Like how we were pwning those newbs and they couldnt do shit.
asthenia
Turn your controller sensitivity up and that'll help with the aiming.

"Let me take your coat, Madam" while skinning an animal .. gets me everytime.
DiO
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 16 2010, 04:09 AM) *
Turn your controller sensitivity up and that'll help with the aiming.

"Let me take your coat, Madam" while skinning an animal .. gets me everytime.

Shit, wish I knew bout that.
BAMF
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 15 2010, 02:50 PM) *
Oh, well, drunken gingers make me laugh, so I like to pretend that you're always drunk. But whatever, it's cool.

I'm always drunk - Fuckin A - clap.gif
Massacre
You're a ginger?
DuPz0r
I played in a competitive match last night. Some guy was kicking our butts consecutively. He was only level 50 Legendary*1, but he had like every gun in gold! I'm only level 18 or something atm, so i had shit guns anyway. But he won 3 games in a row before i decided to leave....

Has any of you guys got any gold guns yet? i haven't played enough to get any yet.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 17 2010, 10:57 AM) *
I played in a competitive match last night. Some guy was kicking our butts consecutively. He was only level 50 Legendary*1, but he had like every gun in gold! I'm only level 18 or something atm, so i had shit guns anyway. But he won 3 games in a row before i decided to leave....

Has any of you guys got any gold guns yet? i haven't played enough to get any yet.

Nah I don't intend to either as they look crap. So I still haven't figured this out yet, does your free roam rank/weapons unlocked relate to your ranked match starting weapons, cause I always only start with repeater carbine, Schofield revolver and a shotgun.
DuPz0r
Dunno if it's been posted already, but the epic patrickbrown has made some RDR concept pieces. You know, I'd love to see his style implemented into a 3d game environment. Might look in to that.
v1:

v2:

http://patrickbrown.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured
Massacre
The first one's old, but I haven't seen the second one. Damn, that guy's good.
DiO
fuck that guys talent.
asthenia
Yeah the 2nd is newer... I uploaded the first one awhile back.. Submit it Duppy...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 17 2010, 11:56 AM) *

Nah I don't intend to either as they look crap. So I still haven't figured this out yet, does your free roam rank/weapons unlocked relate to your ranked match starting weapons, cause I always only start with repeater carbine, Schofield revolver and a shotgun.

I'm not sure either. I only start with the most basic guns. But I'm sure by the time i hit level; 50 i had better guns in competitive games. Not sure, i will have a look when i get my level back up a bit.
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 17 2010, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 17 2010, 11:56 AM) *

I'm not sure either. I only start with the most basic guns. But I'm sure by the time i hit level; 50 i had better guns in competitive games. Not sure, i will have a look when i get my level back up a bit.

Naw, pvp modes the gun selection doesnt depend on your rank. prety sure anywasys
bOnEs
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 17 2010, 01:54 PM) *
fuck that guys talent.

yea, fuck the shit out of it!!
DuPz0r
I just got me a platinum trophy for RDR biggrin.gif

Now it's time to unlock all Mounts/Characters/Titles and complete all online challenges!
ViceMan
So it's been a month since release now and it seems the hype has already died. Oh well at least we have some DLC coming tomorrow.
DuPz0r
It's tomorrow? Shit! biggrin.gif

I thought it was the 22nd.
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 19 2010, 04:38 PM) *
It's tomorrow? Shit! biggrin.gif

I concur.

If I put "cunt" in the word "concur" it's "Cuntcur". Or "Concunt."

Hmmmmm....
DuPz0r
Anyone looking forward to the Expert Hunter and Savvy Merchant outfits? Sounds like more challenges are going to be added...
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 19 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Anyone looking forward to the Expert Hunter and Savvy Merchant outfits? Sounds like more challenges are going to be added...

Hopefully, or they'll be pretty pointless. I may wait until they're released before I start a new game, just so I can put them to use.
asthenia
Confirmed on the challenges for Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter. I remember putting the news up for it.
Massacre
We can download the good outfits that the ten year olds were too stupid to vote for? Sweet.
DuPz0r
Yeah, the expert hunter outfit is the one i really wanted tbh.

Me and a friend played really well on hardcore gang shoot-out last night. We both survived the show-down at the start three games in a row, and we were top two players. I really prefer playing competitive modes with expert aiming. It cuts out all the powerful gun wielding newbies and actually takes a bit of skill to kill each other. Also You survive longer whilst shooting at each other! It was a mad session actually. Loads of players. I think there were 16 players max. It was havoc.
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 20 2010, 05:04 AM) *

Yah, same.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 20 2010, 10:04 AM) *

Me and a friend played really well on hardcore gang shoot-out last night. We both survived the show-down at the start three games in a row, and we were top two players. I really prefer playing competitive modes with expert aiming. It cuts out all the powerful gun wielding newbies and actually takes a bit of skill to kill each other. Also You survive longer whilst shooting at each other! It was a mad session actually. Loads of players. I think there were 16 players max. It was havoc.

I think the first hardcore TDM I played I killed the guy opposite with a headshot in the standoff, then killed two more people seconds later with headshots... Then it all went downhill.

Played one match earlier with some leet, he had the golden high powered pistol and bolt action rifle. He had about 22 kills and 18 of them were headshots. Fucking no-lifers.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 18 2010, 01:39 PM) *
I just got me a platinum trophy for RDR biggrin.gif

Now it's time to unlock all Mounts/Characters/Titles and complete all online challenges!

nice biggrin.gif... maybe you could help me one day with the competitive match trophies... i am saving my XP for the co-op missions but, if i don't see anything worth earning additional XP for past 50, i am staying at that level and working on the other stuff like golden guns...

four more mounts and characters hardly sounds like it's worth going to the 5tyh prestige... i've seen what they look like on youtube and they eerily reminded me of the level 10 helmet from GTA IV mad.gif...

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 19 2010, 02:32 PM) *
So it's been a month since release now and it seems the hype has already died. Oh well at least we have some DLC coming tomorrow.

well shit, i would hope that this place could get some matches going again for this soon... co-op stuff could be played on afterwards but, we kind of need to get the ball rolling on the matches again... i can't do one tomorrow, i got a softball game, one of the few that actually lands on a monday... but maybe on a different day? it doesn't have to be mondays...
coreyko_2003
Just replayed some missions......I've found that to be fun, and I also came across a few weird situations.......I was just standing there at the bar in Armadillo, and some guy that I had a fight with previously just started swingin on me.....I love how random shit like that happens.
bOnEs
hey dupzor... how did you get the competitive match trophies?? with just a buddy?? and did you have to kick people out of the match who randomly joined?? i think me and my friend are going to try and attempt this but, i worry about other people joining in... is it easy to kick them out of the match?

i really haven't played any competitive matches since the first night i went online so, i really don't remember how that system works...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 21 2010, 05:17 PM) *
hey dupzor... how did you get the competitive match trophies?? with just a buddy?? and did you have to kick people out of the match who randomly joined?? i think me and my friend are going to try and attempt this but, i worry about other people joining in... is it easy to kick them out of the match?

i really haven't played any competitive matches since the first night i went online so, i really don't remember how that system works...

Nah i actually did them legitimately, i just played competitive games a few times in a row, and i finally got it. I thought it would be hard and take longer than it did. But it wants so bad. I found it easier to do it on hardcore because of the skill it takes to be killed rather than being blasted before you've even fully submerged from the side of a house!
bOnEs
damn, i thought you took the easy route... well, i don't know how this will go but, i think i will try and find a match with only a few people and hope that a few more don't join and want to be a part of it... i know the game send out a message when someone starts a match... can you start the match immediately or, do you have to wait it out until the countdown runs out??
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 21 2010, 06:14 PM) *
damn, i thought you took the easy route... well, i don't know how this will go but, i think i will try and find a match with only a few people and hope that a few more don't join and want to be a part of it... i know the game send out a message when someone starts a match... can you start the match immediately or, do you have to wait it out until the countdown runs out??

You have to wait on the timer unless the majority vote to "Start Now" or "Skip".

Most of the time the hardcore matches are pretty empty, like two or three players with you. i think people are scared to try manual-aiming lol.
TreeFitty
Well, if you guys organize a hardcore match for iRD (similar to the iGTA matches) we could definitely drag a few new members in. smile.gif Plenty of people bitch about auto-aim.
bOnEs
thanks dup, at least we can vote to start the match ASAP, before anyone else joins in... but, that's not going to keep them from trying to mess with us... i remember when me and GLC tried to start a match, people warped to the start location but decided to shoot us instead of joining the match...

and yea, we need to get a iRD deathmatch tourney going SOON...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 21 2010, 06:42 PM) *
thanks dup, at least we can vote to start the match ASAP, before anyone else joins in... but, that's not going to keep them from trying to mess with us... i remember when me and GLC tried to start a match, people warped to the start location but decided to shoot us instead of joining the match...

and yea, we need to get a iRD deathmatch tourney going SOON...

If you don't want free-roamers who may have a grudge on you to join your match, just posse-up, press select, and choose match type from the list. Only people in your posse will be able to follow you from the free-roam session. But you will/may join other people ready to compete.
bOnEs
i'll keep that in mind then... thanks for the heads-up, dup biggrin.gif... i want to get these damn trophies out the way so i don't have to think about them... the only one i think might prevent me from getting platinum, or at least for a while, is the 8-man posse trophy... i might have to wait until we can get the deathmatches going and get at least 8 people interested in it...

i never see more than 3 people on my friends list playing RDR at a time... and i am not the type to invite random strangers into my posse... i usually ask if i can join theirs... oh well, whatever... i just want to get the damn platinum trophy so i can move on and enjoy the game biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 21 2010, 07:42 PM) *
the only one i think might prevent me from getting platinum, or at least for a while, is the 8-man posse trophy... i might have to wait until we can get the deathmatches going and get at least 8 people interested in it...

i never see more than 3 people on my friends list playing RDR at a time... and i am not the type to invite random strangers into my posse... i usually ask if i can join theirs... oh well, whatever... i just want to get the damn platinum trophy so i can move on and enjoy the game biggrin.gif...

DW, we'll have a match at some point. Just make sure we have 8 people and we're good to go.
DuPz0r
I just looked at R* official Social Club, and have some cool information for you guys:

Wordwide Leaderboard:

VICEYTHASHIZZLE - Rank 5146 - Score 494,880
BUSHKAUK - Rank 9068 - Score 349,965
PSYCOPSY - Rank 20405 - Score 221,798
AYREON - Rank 20548 - Score 220,560
ARTISTADAM - Rank 22375 Score - 204,700
SLIPPERYPOPPY - Rank 36868 Score - 131,248

These were the only people i could get up on my social club list btw.
TreeFitty
omg viceman has no life
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 22 2010, 07:54 AM) *
omg viceman has no life

He's totally gay.
DuPz0r
I've just finished publishing an "Online Titles" guide. So you can find out how to get the cool ones:
http://www.ireddead.com/guide/reddeadredem...d-requirements/
I still need to update it with the weapon skill titles. As I've not got any yet!
bOnEs
i just checked that out... now i know how i got the militia member title biggrin.gif... and i see a couple of them worth shootin' for too...

EDIT: nice work though, dup biggrin.gif... we need to fill that guide section up with some more stuff... i am working on a single player gang hideout one right now... but, i am thinking of starting a thread for the online ones so i can get the members here to give me some tips and stuff to include in that guide...
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 22 2010, 12:50 PM) *
I just looked at R* official Social Club, and have some cool information for you guys:

Wordwide Leaderboard:

I loled at that too when I checked it last week. I find it surprising considering you're on legend rankings already... but then again I don't know if it took into account the re-levelling I had to do 3 times. I got up to 47, then lost the data and had to rerank back up to 27, then lost it again, now i'm finally back up to 48. I didn't think i'd played that much TBH.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 22 2010, 06:49 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 22 2010, 12:50 PM) *

Wordwide Leaderboard:

I loled at that too when I checked it last week. I find it surprising considering you're on legend rankings already... but then again I don't know if it took into account the re-levelling I had to do 3 times. I got up to 47, then lost the data and had to rerank back up to 27, then lost it again, now i'm finally back up to 48. I didn't think i'd played that much TBH.

Maybe you're just really accurate. I mean, you could have like a decent amount of headshots, which boosts your overall score a lot.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 22 2010, 07:10 PM) *
Maybe you're just really accurate. I mean, you could have like a decent amount of headshots, which boosts your overall score a lot.

Not really, i've been slaughtered in quite a few matches.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 22 2010, 07:13 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 22 2010, 07:10 PM) *

Not really, i've been slaughtered in quite a few matches.

Well then you've played it loads, and indeed you have no life tongue.gif
Massacre
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 19 2010, 04:49 PM) *

Was there a specific date for these outfits? Everything I've found just says that they're going to be in the patch coming sometime this summer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.