Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 9 2010, 05:49 PM) *
i don't know, maybe you do have a choice... if you do, i'll probably take it tongue.gif:... i guess it extends the online more when you have to re-level up 5 times... the co-op mission pack comes out in a couple weeks and, i hope they give away mad XP on those... it'll make re-leveling up fun if those co-op missions are fun and full of XP...

Here's hoping they add the trains to free roam and some decent missions to hijack them in as well. I doubt it though.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 9 2010, 12:55 PM) *
Here's hoping they add the trains to free roam and some decent missions to hijack them in as well. I doubt it though.

I'd love for one team to be on the train defending it while the other is on horseback trying to hijack it.
asthenia
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 9 2010, 06:07 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 9 2010, 12:55 PM) *

I'd love for one team to be on the train defending it while the other is on horseback trying to hijack it.

That'd get me online.
JamieMilne
well suffered my first game crash today, was just riding along then it froze lol.
DiO
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jun 9 2010, 07:52 PM) *
well suffered my first game crash today, was just riding along then it froze lol.

Lucky man. Mine froze a lot.
DiO
help me if you beat the game \/

I find that my honour cant go up as jack. only down.
Hardcore Ottoman
Really? Nothing's changed for me...
coreyko_2003
Just realized that you can slash a person's throat on this game...........I just got done saving and left my safehouse......decided to pull out the knife and then the store guy got robbed (in Armadillo) so I ran behind the thief, pressed the fire button, and John cut his throat........was pretty cool.
asthenia
I knew you could do it, but I only just did it last night. I'm doing it alot more now.

Did anyone feel a slump after (story spoiler) Dutch killed himself? I'm on the family missions now and instead of doing missions it feels as though the game is finished, and all I want to do is go hunting and shit... I know the game isn't over yet, but it's as if my mind is putting off actually seeing what happens to John.... Oh well. Atleast it's not as bad as Luisa's missions. Fuck I hated Mexico after Landon, and until Reyes came and saved the game.
ViceMan
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ Jun 10 2010, 08:10 AM) *
Just realized that you can slash a person's throat on this game...........I just got done saving and left my safehouse......decided to pull out the knife and then the store guy got robbed (in Armadillo) so I ran behind the thief, pressed the fire button, and John cut his throat........was pretty cool.

So it's like the knife execution sequence? Does it have to be from behind?

QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 10 2010, 09:12 AM) *
Did anyone feel a slump after (story spoiler) Dutch killed himself? I'm on the family missions now and instead of doing missions it feels as though the game is finished, and all I want to do is go hunting and shit... I know the game isn't over yet, but it's as if my mind is putting off actually seeing what happens to John.... Oh well. Atleast it's not as bad as Luisa's missions. Fuck I hated Mexico after Landon, and until Reyes came and saved the game.

Well it didn't end where you expected it to end, most games would've ended when you killed Dutch and left it there, but it was a nice change. After finishing that mission and riding back to see my family I felt a bit sentimental as I knew the game was almost over and the music that was playing made it feel that way too. After all the big shootout missions it felt like a bit of an anticlimax to be herding cattle again, but it was R*s way of saying "I hope you remembered the early missions and actually remember how to do this stuff" but there are only about 7 family missions before the game abruptly ends with a big shootout - just like it should.

Also, about a sequel/prequel, after watching The Good, the Bad and the Ugly again today i'd like to see something set in the US civil war, where you play as an outlaw and can choose to fight on one side or play both off against each other, with certain rewards for aligning yourself with each faction.
coreyko_2003
o it's like the knife execution sequence? Does it have to be from behind?

Yes, and yes
asthenia
Wow.

Might have a little cry. Just saw John die... Best ending ever. Sad too. I welled up!

-edit- Oh, and Jack is one badass motherfucker.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 10 2010, 05:48 AM) *
help me if you beat the game \/

I find that my honour cant go up as jack. only down.

I noticed this too, but I assumed it was because my honour had maxed out already, but I lost a couple of hundred killing dogs and chickens and it didn't seem to come back when I did a random encounter.
Hardcore Ottoman
Take off your bandanna.
DiO
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 11 2010, 07:26 PM) *
Take off your bandanna.

It's off.....
Hardcore Ottoman
Weird. I can gain honor with my Jack. That must imply a bug of some sort.
DiO
Fuck....

Small update just now. Before I couldnt get the Mo Van Barr bounty to get hte deadly assassins outfit. After the update it was the first bounty in armadillo. So that's one thing fixed. Maybe the honour shit was too.
JamieMilne
so whens the first rdr monday night deathmatch ? been out for a while now, think it should happen sooon
TreeFitty
This coming Monday is supposed to be GTA... but I don't think too many people will be switching discs. unsure.gif And the Bounty Challenege Meet-up is doing alright.

But if you guys want to get another deathmatch leaderboard shindig going and such, that can be done. smile.gif
GLC
Oh yeah, GTA DMs....the last one was really weird for the first 15 minutes, trying to open weapon wheels and pressing up of the d-pad to call over an Infernus..

Anyone for a RDR free mode this monday instead? We could do a few DMs too.
ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 12 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Oh yeah, GTA DMs....the last one was really weird for the first 15 minutes, trying to open weapon wheels and pressing up of the d-pad to call over an Infernus..

Anyone for a RDR free mode this monday instead? We could do a few DMs too.

Yeah we need a proper DM game, maybe a bit of fucking around in FR beforehand. And maybe a few team games afterwards, capture the bag etc.
DiO
I got 100%

bureau uniform + bandana = cops dont come after you and you dont lose honour. I do's w/e I want with no consequences.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 12 2010, 08:40 PM) *
I got 100%

bureau uniform + bandana = cops dont come after you and you dont lose honour. I do's w/e I want with no consequences.

Got 100% last week and have yet to use the Bureau outfit, I like the abilities but it doesn't suit the cowboy style.

What's up with the 1.2 patch? Solomon's Folly only gave me 800XP with a 30 kill streak and Pike's Basin only gave me 1500XP with maxium kill streaks in all three areas. I'm at 43 now but if these new XP bonuses are permanent it's going to take fucking ages to get to 44.
GLC
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 12 2010, 08:56 PM) *
What's up with the 1.2 patch? Solomon's Folly only gave me 800XP with a 30 kill streak and Pike's Basin only gave me 1500XP with maxium kill streaks in all three areas. I'm at 43 now but if these new XP bonuses are permanent it's going to take fucking ages to get to 44.

Crap.

I heard 1.2 fixed the Mo Van Barr thing too...
ViceMan
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...xt_week.article
Lol there's hundreds of people saying how R* are the worst developer and they'll never buy another of their games, that they've been betrayed, that R* have never made any good games etc.. It gave me a laugh.
GLC
What's all this about the x/o buttons?
ViceMan
I dunno, haven't noticed any problems myself aside from the already mentioned reduction in XP. But that's hardly fair saying all that bullshit about them being the worst developer ever.
DiO
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 12 2010, 04:35 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 12 2010, 08:56 PM) *

Crap.

I heard 1.2 fixed the Mo Van Barr thing too...

It fixed that for me, yah.
bOnEs
i thought they just reduced the XP for solomon's folly and twin rocks... they lowered it for all hideouts?? that fucking blows, me and my friend started getting real good at pike's basin mad.gif... they should of left the rest of them alone...

but, they want to get people to play the other games too, instead of sitting there grinding out XP at solomon's folly... it seems like no one is ever playing a DM or bag game... it's always gang hideouts or fighting off the law...

------------------------

and speaking of solomon's folly, check this out... i just discovered this while tying to see what would happen while wearing gang outfits at their gang hideouts...

EASY MONEY!!! PS3 ONLY!!!
use the walton gang outfit, the bandanna, and travel to the folly... ride right up to the bank vault on the back of the coach and rob bit... the only person that gets upset is the lawman that was trying to get it back in the first place... kill him, ride away, come back, and do it all over again... you get nearly a hundred bucks if you have the rabbit's foot each time you rob it...

considering that solomon's folly is open damn near the beginning of the game, you would just have to put a little work into unlocking the outfit early too... and while your in thieves landing getting a scrap piece for the outfit, buy the bandanna...

use the bandanna because, you get -100 honor each time you rob the safe... if your going for the evil route then, i guess this would be a way to increase your dishonorable appeal very fast biggrin.gif...
DiO
Not to mention you look sexy as hell in the walton gang outfit and the bandanna.
JamieMilne
im in for whatevers happening tomorrow night lol, deathmatch ? fr? lol.
TwoFacedTanner
Anyone noticed that tombstone in Blackwater Cemetery that has a guy who died in like 1967?

Wonder who that was.
DiO
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 13 2010, 11:15 AM) *
Anyone noticed that tombstone in Blackwater Cemetery that has a guy who died in like 1967?

Wonder who that was.

1867? Or its a grave from the future?
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 13 2010, 09:29 PM) *
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 13 2010, 11:15 AM) *

Wonder who that was.

1867? Or its a grave from the future?

No it is 1967, Harrison Cherry is the name I think, died age 24. A plain text error, somebody typed 9 instead of 8.
TreeFitty
maybe it's a clue. ph34r.gif
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 13 2010, 07:23 PM) *
maybe it's a clue. ph34r.gif

The next GTA takes place in RDR's setting, but in 1967.
ViceMan
So what, are we DMing tonight? Maybe a DM then a team game afterwards, or maybe a private free roam at El Presidio with one team defending and one attacking.
bOnEs
i probably wont be there... i gotta do some shopping after work today... wal-mart, petsmart, and martin's supermarket... maybe much later in the evening but by then, only my friends from work and maybe DiO will be on playing...
DuPz0r
I'm still at the in-laws. Will be home Wednesday so i can't make it tonight. Soz guys. It sucks about the xp reduction btw!
JamieMilne
is there a match happening ?
DiO
Me vice and GLC just took out a bunch of posse's online that were trying to kill lawmen prolly for challenges. We raped them hard and we could hear them bitching over the mic. It was fucking priceless.
GLC
Wow, about 5 mins after you both left I got YLOD. Seriously, I was 30 seconds from leaving and going to bed and bang, game freezes, PS3 turns itself off and the light flashes red. Turn it back on. YLOD.

Out of nowhere, fucking hell...
DiO
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 14 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Wow, about 5 mins after you both left I got YLOD. Seriously, I was 30 seconds from leaving and going to bed and bang, game freezes, PS3 turns itself off and the light flashes red. Turn it back on. YLOD.

Dam dude. That fucking sucks.
JamieMilne
ive had the lyod, its easy to fix,.
GLC
I'm tired, just gonna leave all this shit until tomorrow.
coreyko_2003
Just opened up Mexico and did some missions.....and damn its nice out there.......kind of odd coming back to New Austin after the last few missions JUST before you leave sleep.gif
DiO
You only just getting into Mexico? Jeez your slow.
Massacre
^ He's usually too drunk to play, I imagine. It's Korey, for fuck's sake.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 14 2010, 11:25 PM) *
Me vice and GLC just took out a bunch of posse's online that were trying to kill lawmen prolly for challenges. We raped them hard and we could hear them bitching over the mic. It was fucking priceless.

That was fucking funny, I usually mute everybody when starting a game as the mics are too loud and drown out all other sound. But last night I didn't, that guy... typical American "oh my god my horse is retarded, it won't move", "why do my horses always do this to me?" then he was moaning because we killed him "that guy killed me, i didn't do anything to him" and finally he started complaining about how we killed him with the high powered pistol "how is that even possible" he was level 16 too.

QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 14 2010, 11:36 PM) *

Bad luck mayne, never had it myself, is it fixable?
DiO
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 15 2010, 02:00 PM) *
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 14 2010, 11:25 PM) *

That was fucking funny, I usually mute everybody when starting a game as the mics are too loud and drown out all other sound. But last night I didn't, that guy... typical American "oh my god my horse is retarded, it won't move", "why do my horses always do this to me?" then he was moaning because we killed him "that guy killed me, i didn't do anything to him" and finally he started complaining about how we killed him with the high powered pistol "how is that even possible" he was level 16 too.

After I first started killing him he said 'I hate this guy" lol. So awesome. I should have turned my mic on and just start to make baby noises.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.