Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 2 2010, 07:25 PM) *
QUOTE (DiO @ Jun 2 2010, 11:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 2 2010, 06:23 PM) *
I'm at around 92% now. Getting 100% is a lot easier than the GTAs of past.

Pretty much cause there is no hidden packages and shit. Maybe they figured the map is too fuckin big for that shit.

Or they just realized that we're fucking sick of collecting hundreds of packages or horseshoes or fucking pigeons!!!

Lol. So true,.
demon
Lol at the fact you guys waited months, maybe years for this game, and when you finally get it you finish it in a day or two. Now look forward to the next game, it might be released a couple years from now. laugh.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 2 2010, 10:22 PM) *
Lol at the fact you guys waited months, maybe years for this game, and when you finally get it you finish it in a day or two. Now look forward to the next game, it might be released a couple years from now. laugh.gif

While you're kind of right, it also sounds like you're kind of being a condescending asshole. I'll get back to that in a minute.

I'm taking my time and enjoying the game. With some games I get I try and steamroll through them, get all the achievements and beat it while the resale value is still high; however with Red Dead, I know it's going to be in my collection until my 360 becomes obsolete as a gaming system. May has been a busy month for me and I didn't get to play as much RDR as I would have liked, but I have played quite a bit. I still haven't beaten the single player and I'm almost to Level 10 in MP. Just taking my time and enjoying the game, which is rare for me - but I'm really enjoying it.

Now back to you being kind of a dick. I doubt anyone on this site has been waiting for RDR with so much anticipation that they haven't been playing any of the THOUSANDS of other video games that have been released. For some people, RDR is just another videogame to play through. Besides, the game has been out for about two weeks, which is plenty of time to beat the game. They won't have to wait YEARS for another game, there are plenty more available to play AND R* has already announced a slew of upcoming DLC for the game. When they are done playing RDR, there will be other games for them to play; that's called "The Videogame Industry".

It sounds like you don't have RDR yet and are being a bitter little bitch about it. Just saying.
ViceMan
100%ed earlier, 2 weeks straight playing and uh, well, I guess that's it, Demon's right.
bOnEs

dude, i played this game nonstop when i got it... it took me like 5 days to finish the story, and almost two weeks to 100% it... most of us here don't rush through games like that... one or two days is reserved for the short, linear bullshit games like call of duty and god of war*... those games can be beaten in a day or two... not this game...

*is not saying god of war sucked but, the length did... call of duty did suck though...
bOnEs
http://rockstarhq.multiplayernetwork.net/news/2223/

there's a patch coming next week for the game... but, the really cool news in that article was, they plan on releasing the "expert hunter" and "savvy merchant" outfits from the promotional gamestop contest for FREE sometime this summer... both will include steps you have to accomplish in order to unlock, just like any other outfit biggrin.gif...

maybe this means the war horse and golden guns are next?? i totally want the war horse now that i've beaten the game...
Hardcore Ottoman
"and related challenges" may imply just that
bOnEs
nah, those imply the challenges attached to unlocking the outfits...

is it just me or are you sick of seeing the jonah hex ads everywhere in the RDR forum?? i might want to see that movie but goddamn, if i see another advertisement, i might reconsider... it was based on DC comic book, wasn't it? it's got megan fox as well so, it's at least got a couple of reasons to see it...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 3 2010, 04:58 PM) *
i totally want the war horse now that i've beaten the game...

It's not that good, I think i've used it once, the Kentucky saddler and American standardbred are much better.
demon
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 3 2010, 02:06 PM) *

While you're kind of right, it also sounds like you're kind of being a condescending asshole. I'll get back to that in a minute.

I'm taking my time and enjoying the game. With some games I get I try and steamroll through them, get all the achievements and beat it while the resale value is still high; however with Red Dead, I know it's going to be in my collection until my 360 becomes obsolete as a gaming system. May has been a busy month for me and I didn't get to play as much RDR as I would have liked, but I have played quite a bit. I still haven't beaten the single player and I'm almost to Level 10 in MP. Just taking my time and enjoying the game, which is rare for me - but I'm really enjoying it.

Now back to you being kind of a dick. I doubt anyone on this site has been waiting for RDR with so much anticipation that they haven't been playing any of the THOUSANDS of other video games that have been released. For some people, RDR is just another videogame to play through. Besides, the game has been out for about two weeks, which is plenty of time to beat the game. They won't have to wait YEARS for another game, there are plenty more available to play AND R* has already announced a slew of upcoming DLC for the game. When they are done playing RDR, there will be other games for them to play; that's called "The Videogame Industry".

It sounds like you don't have RDR yet and are being a bitter little bitch about it. Just saying.

Hey stop calling me things, it is rude and uncalled for. If you question my intentions with my post you could just have asked and I would told you that I did not mean to sound condescending. Not at all. My manners are better than that, and seemingly much better than yours at the moment.

I did not imply that people waiting for RDR did not play other games. It's true that I don't got RDR, but that's a moot point. I have got lots of self irony and I would have made the same joke about a game that I myself had been waiting for. smile.gif
TreeFitty
keep the arguments in R&R. sleep.gif
DiO
How long is a game day? Getting the US marshall outfit seems like its going to be a bitch.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiO @ Jun 4 2010, 06:18 PM) *
How long is a game day? Getting the US marshall outfit seems like its going to be a bitch.

It's easy, you only have to do the ones on the US side of the border remember; Twin Rocks, Gaptooth Ridge, Fort Mercer, Tumbleweed and Pike's Basin. (You don't have to do Solomon's Folly.) My advice is start with the harder, longer ones first like Pike's Basin and Gaptooth Ridge. Twin Rocks can be completed in a matter of minutes, according to my stats I did it in 1:42.
bOnEs
i suggest this order....

gaptooth, tumbleweed, fort mercer, twin rocks and pike's basin... with pike's basin, approach it from the west side, where that trail that leads into the place is... i would save pike's for last because, sometimes i get lost in there when i am trying to get out...

it's really easy to get the marshall outfit...
DuPz0r
Have we got a 100% checklist on the iredead.com site yet? I found this one on reddead.net. I think we should create one. A joint effort.

Here is the basic information:
Need to do the following for 100% completion status
-Complete all 57 Story Missions
-Collect all 5 Rare Weapons
-Collect all 9 Outfits (More than 9 in the game, but a specific 9 are needed for 100%)
-Buy all 13 Houses (Rentals do not count)
-Work all 5 Jobs
-Beat all 8 Gang Hideouts (7 for Xbox 360)
-Get Legendary Status in/Complete all 4 Challenges (Hunting, Treasure, Sharpshooting, Survivalist).
-Complete all 20 Bounty Locations.
-Help all 18 Strangers (There are 19 in the game! *I know you* Does not COUNT!*)
-Win all 6 Mini Games
-Discover all 94 Map Locations
TreeFitty
You can get one in the Social Club: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html (need to log in). Not really a breakdown of the percentages though, like we have for GTA games. Dunno if Psy is working on one or if anyone knows the percentages and wants to post them... *hint hint*
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 5 2010, 09:58 AM) *
You can get one in the Social Club: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html (need to log in). Not really a breakdown of the percentages though, like we have for GTA games. Dunno if Psy is working on one or if anyone knows the percentages and wants to post them... *hint hint*

That's cool. I wasnt even aware of that socialclub check-list. I think it would be cool to do some official style checklist like that, using Images. Obviously created by us (maybe me biggrin.gif).
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 5 2010, 04:58 AM) *

yea, i was thinking that Psy was working on a 100% guide biggrin.gif... so, i thought i'd make a couple of guides to reference to when he does put it together... maybe i'll make some more guides to help out but, i don't exactly know what else to make a guide for...
DuPz0r
I finally got 100% on read dead. It's been a blast. Best game I've played in a LONG time tbh.
bOnEs
yea, it's not nearly as hard to 100% as a GTA game... there's not 200 pigeons to shoot and 50 jumps to find... i wish my trophy card in my signature would fucking update properly and display the 81% of trophies i've unlocked so far, including the 100% one mad.gif...

i am about to venture into mexico on my evil game... at first i didn't think it was possible to have an evil character because, there's way too many opportunities to earn positive honor, and just about every missions gives that to you... but, once i unlocked the pardon letters, it hasn't been a problem at all... i can rack up a $1000 bounty and just go pay it off, and still keep the low honor i earned during the massacre...

the funny thing about this is, the dialog during the missions hasn't changed but, the mentality has... when john would say these mean things during cutscenes, it came off as trying to look tough when playing the game good... when playing the game evil, it comes off as being an asshole laugh.gif...

the evil route is looking more promising with each mission passed...
DiO
My social club checklist isn't accurate.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 6 2010, 07:06 PM) *
My social club checklist isn't accurate.

Mine isn't either, i think they only update it like twice a day or something.
DiO
Yah but it said i did ) challenges when ive done them all. and it says ive done 0 stranger missions. when Im pretty sure ive done them all.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 6 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Yah but it said i did ) challenges when ive done them all. and it says ive done 0 stranger missions. when Im pretty sure ive done them all.

lol R* fail. Mine says 98% and that i haven't done any of the Master hunter challenges.
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 6 2010, 05:40 PM) *
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 6 2010, 09:25 PM) *

lol R* fail. Mine says 98% and that i haven't done any of the Master hunter challenges.

U got 100%?

Attempted to get the US marshall outfit again. Did 4 of the 5 gang hideouts. Got to pikes basin and the fuckin enemies wouldn't spawn. what a load of shit.
asthenia
I haven't had any enemies not spawn on me yet, hope it doesn't happen when I go for the outfit run... Argh. I'm reluctant to get 100%, but I just keep on doing challenges.
DuPz0r
I just got a 30/30 kill chain on Solomon's Folly! I got 2625xp!!!
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 7 2010, 01:01 PM) *

O shit!
asthenia
Christ, how? O_O
DuPz0r
I just shot the shit out of everyone with my rifle and high-powered pistol before the chain ran out. And didn't die at all. It is pretty easy actually, i did it like three times earlier. Just use cover and you should be fine.

The only time you have to be careful really is when you are waiting for reinforcements. If they take too long to spawn, then your chain is fucked.
GLC
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 7 2010, 06:01 PM) *

ohmy.gif

The most I've ever had with a 30 kill chain is just over 2300, probably down to the overall time or something...
DuPz0r
Possibly. I did get some decent headshots, they might count towards the bonus.. i dunno. The second and third time i got around 2450 tbh.
ViceMan
Got 2400 with mine the other day, think I posted about it in passing.
DuPz0r
I just got to level 50. I might go legend soon. But i wanna show off my level 50 brag-rags first tongue.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 7 2010, 08:09 PM) *
I just got to level 50. I might go legend soon. But i wanna show off my level 50 brag-rags first tongue.gif

Does the trophy/achievement unlock at Level 50?
bOnEs
i'd be pissed if i had to go through the 5 prestige levels mad.gif... i'm at 33 now, just unlocked a fast horse and my new favorite black guy character as well... did anyone look at the silhouette of the final horse you unlock??... lol, it looks like a pony laugh.gif...
asthenia
It's a zebroid.
bOnEs
not as good but, still funny biggrin.gif... it should of been a pink pony though laugh.gif...
DiO

When you do that, do you lose your weapons?
RDR Tips
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 7 2010, 03:33 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 7 2010, 06:01 PM) *

ohmy.gif

The most I've ever had with a 30 kill chain is just over 2300, probably down to the overall time or something...

Wow that's impressive. The most I've had so far is half that snf (31).gif
bOnEs
i got a 20 kill chain at solomon's folly last night...
JamieMilne
i didnt think the us marshall challenge was that hard? it took me one try and it was pretty easy lol
DiO
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jun 8 2010, 05:19 PM) *
i didnt think the us marshall challenge was that hard? it took me one try and it was pretty easy lol

Well, I would have had it if fucking Pike's basin enemies spawned.

edit

And actually, they time before I stopped cause After I killed a lot of the guys I still have to go to the X to help get the guy to his cattle but as I was going around to get to the guy I guess I took a weird route and it said I failed the challenge cause I left the area. So fucking annonying.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 8 2010, 04:46 PM) *

Yeah i just went Legendary and i lost all my weapons, all my mounts and all my challenegs. Meh, i'll most likely level to 5th Ledge and then do all the challenges properly then.

Has anyone even unlocked any gold weapons yet? i didnt get any on my first run through to 50...
asthenia
Why's it always Indians robbing stores in Blackwater?
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 8 2010, 07:26 PM) *
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 8 2010, 04:46 PM) *

Yeah i just went Legendary and i lost all my weapons, all my mounts and all my challenegs. Meh, i'll most likely level to 5th Ledge and then do all the challenges properly then.

Has anyone even unlocked any gold weapons yet? i didnt get any on my first run through to 50...

are you fucking serious? that's bullshit, i don't wanna start all over... i'm just now getting the cool weapons like the high-powered pistol, and i think i am a level or two away from getting the bolt action rifle... i really don't want to start over, just because i unlocked a bull mad.gif...
ViceMan
Yeah, legend isn't worth it, unless you want to gloat about how uber you are.

"Wow, look at me, i'm so unique i'm riding a bull."

Fags.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 9 2010, 11:47 AM) *

Fags.

it's kind of hard to stay away from leveling past 50... you earn experience for EVERYTHING you do biggrin.gif... i guess i'll just have to bite the bullet when it happens and work hard to get my level back up to 35... hungarian half-bred and high powered pistol...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 9 2010, 05:04 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 9 2010, 11:47 AM) *

Fags.

it's kind of hard to stay away from leveling past 50... you earn experience for EVERYTHING you do biggrin.gif... i guess i'll just have to bite the bullet when it happens and work hard to get my level back up to 35... hungarian half-bred and high powered pistol...

Oh wait, I though we got a choice to go to legend or not? I'm level 33 now, not far to go until I get the American standardbred and bolt action rifle.
bOnEs
i don't know, maybe you do have a choice... if you do, i'll probably take it tongue.gif:... i guess it extends the online more when you have to re-level up 5 times... the co-op mission pack comes out in a couple weeks and, i hope they give away mad XP on those... it'll make re-leveling up fun if those co-op missions are fun and full of XP...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.