Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Hardcore Ottoman
Korey found his home. How nice.

Finished the full story with the credits (hint, hint). Damn, great ending. Great ending.
bOnEs
i must of played about 10 missions last night... i unlocked blackwater and i think i finished up the missions there too... it feels like a "calm before the storm" ending is brewing up too... things seem a little quiet right now... maybe a little "too" quiet if you ask me... but, i am pretty sure i am on the cusp of beating this game so, i am super excited about getting home today from work so i can wrap this up and see this ending everyone keeps saying is the "best ending ever!!" biggrin.gif...
Hardcore Ottoman
The best ending dude. Make sure you actually get the correct ending.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 25 2010, 11:22 AM) *
The best ending dude. Make sure you actually get the correct ending.

the correct ending? what the fuck does that mean? huh.gif... there's a wrong ending? actually, don't answer that because, something tells me it would be full of spoilers... i'll see what happens tonight so, don't tell me anything...
Hardcore Ottoman
No, I mean. Make sure you completely finish the story. Some stop short and think it's over already. The true ending is awesome; the false ending blows monkey balls.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 25 2010, 04:26 PM) *
No, I mean. Make sure you completely finish the story. Some stop short and think it's over already. The true ending is awesome; the false ending blows monkey balls.

Well there's the big buildup to the end of the plot where you track down Dutch, then there's the anticlimactic bit where you're back to rounding up cattle and breaking horses on your ranch, then suddenly you're back in a big gunfight sacrificing yourself for "the greater good". Then you're dueling the agent who killed your father (which is the only hard duel i've ever done so far) which is the de facto ending. So yeah, that's three endings.
bOnEs
yea, i wondered why the credits didn't roll after i beat the game biggrin.gif... i had to look up how to completely finish it...
Hardcore Ottoman
I didn't. Instinctually I went back to town to find the fucker... found a new ? and voila!

Sorry.

Honestly, I know that even a post hidden in spoiler still somehow ruins the ending... that's why I avoided the whole forum until I beat the game.
Kuwong
guys even if those aren't story spoilers they still are spoiling the end for me and probably others by explaining possible occurrences in the game that are meant to be a surprise.
asthenia
I love this game. I'm home.
NightSt@lk3r
I must put this game away for a few days, i only got it Sunday and already i have racked up over 41 hours on it.
Kuwong
I'm hearing rumours the hunter challenges require you to kill a bear in online multiplayer. Bullshit if so, as then means I've got to use up xbox live game cards just to complete the offline game.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 27 2010, 07:33 AM) *
I'm hearing rumours the hunter challenges require you to kill a bear in online multiplayer. Bullshit if so, as then means I've got to use up xbox live game cards just to complete the offline game.

No, the SP challenges are completely separate from the MP ones, although the MP ones are often the same as the SP ones. For example, the online challenge is "kill 5 bears, one must be with a melee knife", these challenges only relate to your online game and give you XP rewards.
Kuwong
oh okay, thanks. The guy on the other forum just worded his post badly then.
TreeFitty
Trailer for the short film this Saturday: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...-airing-on-fox/
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 27 2010, 03:30 PM) *
Trailer for the short film this Saturday: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...-airing-on-fox/

I produced a pint of baby batter.
Hardcore Ottoman
Btw, killing a bear with a knife is quite easy. Make sure it is drawn already and start slashing at him several feet before he is even near you. They go down with one or two slices.
Marney1
Hardcore Ottoman
^WOW!
Niko Fira
all you guys had to say not to spoil anything was "just make sure you see credits at the ending" -___-
TreeFitty
lol@video
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 28 2010, 10:28 AM) *
lol@video

Wasn't funny, should be banned imo.
asthenia
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 28 2010, 12:59 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 28 2010, 10:28 AM) *
lol@video

Wasn't funny, should be banned imo.

Yah the guy who posted it should definitely be banned.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 28 2010, 12:10 AM) *

LOL!! laugh.gif... now THATS dastardly...
Marney1
So I finally got to play RDR for the first time today and dunno what you've all been talking about because I've been avoiding most of it.
Anyway my first impression is obviously "Fuck yeah!" Only been killed once so far and that was by a cougar just after I'd skinned his mate. Ran after a skunk for about a mile in the crouching position just kicking it up the arse before realising I didn't have my knife out. Experienced no glitches yet but the game froze 2 minutes into the game after I first loaded it up and I thought "Oh here we fucking go" but it's been smooth since.
Herding the cattle was a piece of piss and so was Bigfoot. scooter.gif
TreeFitty
lulz thanks for the heads-up OPx: http://www.herald.ie/national-news/irish-d...me-2187117.html

On a popular gaming forum, the "Irish" character is described as "the town drunk. Usually found stumbling around and getting into trouble with sober townsfolk while attempting to talk his way out".
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 28 2010, 05:10 AM) *

Haha, that was epic.
Massacre
So... About that half-hour special. Was anyone else expecting an actual show, like San Andreas' The Introduction, rather than just in-game cutscenes and random shots of John riding a horse?
TreeFitty
I was scratching my head a little. Which means people that don't know what RDR is were completely lost. I was expecting something more than cutscenes too......
bOnEs
lol oops... i forgot about this... oh well, i'll just watch it on the net when it pops up...
JamieMilne
i tried to find it on the inet but i dont know what it was called lol.
JamieMilne
just sat down to watch it just now, its 24 minutes long so il report back when its done lol.

well that was rubbish, if youve played the game. youl notice that its just a bunch of cutscenes.
Massacre
There is literally no reason at all to watch it.
JamieMilne
i thought it was going to be original content so made using red dead redemption lol.
Hardcore Ottoman
Yeah, that video sucked.
DiO
Am I the only one to throw dynamite at their wife? I got a

DEAD

You killed a member of your family. You will reload at your last checkpoint.
Hardcore Ottoman
Lol dammit I never tried that...
TheAnalogKid2112
Almost done with BOGT (I think) so I'm gonna ditch Saboteur for another couple months and buy this game because I don't want to miss out.
Kuwong
QUOTE (DiO @ Jun 1 2010, 01:50 AM) *

DEAD

Wanna spoil that dick? I didn't know Your family survives and comes back to you, so thanks for ruining it you fuck.

N.b, I spoilered the quote myself to save others seeing it. Fucking DiO.
bOnEs
i made that "outfit guide" on the website yesterday... i am thinking about writing up a guide for the ambient challenges today since it looks like it's going to be a very very slow day today at work...

@TREEFITTY - i need to know how to upload images to the website to use in these guides... i don't necessarily want to upload them to the images category because i don't want them to show up there... i just want them uploaded so i can add them to the guides... any idea how i should go about that??
TreeFitty
Just submit them as normal and I can choose not to show them in the gallery. I had asked Psy the same thing once. tongue.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 1 2010, 10:18 AM) *
Just submit them as normal and I can choose not to show them in the gallery. I had asked Psy the same thing once. tongue.gif

ok, i just submitted 12 little 100x100 images... i guess you'd have to send me the URL's for those in a PM or something...

if anyone can find me an image of the bureau, walton gang, bandito, and US army outfit, please sent it to me so i can add it to the guide... thanks biggrin.gif...
TreeFitty
/sent
Hardcore Ottoman
I could send scans of scribbled guides for the treasure maps... 'bout the only thing I did as it only took me two hours.
bOnEs
i just finished writing up the " Ambient Challenges" guide and submitted it... as soon as psy or fitty see it, it'll be up on the website... if you need any help in finishing off these challenges, check out the guide... i put in some detailed descriptions to help you out...
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiO @ Jun 1 2010, 01:50 AM) *

DEAD

Yup, you also get it for killing the dog. I also used the throwing knives on her and the dog too.
DuPz0r
I finally completed the story at last today! i've been having too much fun online since i finished for summer break i neglected the story for a while.

I was pretty surprised by the ending, I thought I had completed it before the ranch though. Good ol' R* making sure they follow through with their stories and not leaving them open like a knife gash, which most games do these days!

I've started to work towards getting 100% now.
Hardcore Ottoman
I'm at around 92% now. Getting 100% is a lot easier than the GTAs of past.
DiO
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 2 2010, 06:23 PM) *

Pretty much cause there is no hidden packages and shit. Maybe they figured the map is too fuckin big for that shit.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (DiO @ Jun 2 2010, 11:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 2 2010, 06:23 PM) *

Pretty much cause there is no hidden packages and shit. Maybe they figured the map is too fuckin big for that shit.

Or they just realized that we're fucking sick of collecting hundreds of packages or horseshoes or fucking pigeons!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.