Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR General Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 13 2010, 04:14 PM) *
Created some PSN accounts to use when RDR comes out.....

RedDeadRoy
RedDeadForums
John_ _Marston

Dunno which one I'll use yet.

QUOTE (D-O @ Feb 15 2010, 11:39 PM) *
Im doing my best not to wake up the rest of my household with laughter.

my cowboy's name will be artistadam... and he'll roam the desert inflicting pain upon all would be internet foes... they will fear and tremble at the shear mention of that outlaw named, "artistadam"...
Marney1
For some reason I can't post YouTube vids in this thread but this is the latest RDR vid showing the gameplay features.

Here
ZYA5cggiWjA

If someone would kindly put that in we could watch it.

Gamespot video interview with someone who's actually played the demo.
Jacko
The game seems to look very good and might the next big hit for Rockstar Games. I dont know if I buy it though cause I've never liked western stuff that much.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 17 2010, 12:22 PM) *
The game seems to look very good and might the next big hit for Rockstar Games. I dont know if I buy it though cause I've never liked western stuff that much.

If you like GTA then you should like this. We've had GTA set in the 80's and the 90's so just imagine this is part of that series this time set in the noughties. (1908)
Jacko
Maybe I'm jus too pessimistic towards this game because it is set in the wild wild west and you're right I should not let that determine my decision to buy the game. As long as the game reminds a little bit of GTA it's okay. Now just have to wait for the game to arrive and buy it. cool.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 17 2010, 01:23 PM) *
Maybe I'm jus too pessimistic towards this game because it is set in the wild wild west and you're right I should not let that determine my decision to buy the game. As long as the game reminds a little bit of GTA it's okay. Now just have to wait for the game to arrive and buy it. cool.gif

What attracts me to this game is that it gives you the ability to just go and wonder or explore for hours.

Heard a rumour you can swim in the lakes too.
bOnEs
QUOTE (E Z @ Feb 16 2010, 07:27 PM) *
For some reason I can't post YouTube vids in this thread but this is the latest RDR vid showing the gameplay features.

Here
ZYA5cggiWjA

lol, that video was released like a month or two ago laugh.gif... and here i thought R* released the new multiplayer video...

and you'd better be able to swim... this is next gen, there's no reason why you can't...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *

Here
ZYA5cggiWjA

lol, that video was released like a month or two ago laugh.gif... and here i thought R* released the new multiplayer video...

and you'd better be able to swim... this is next gen, there's no reason why you can't...

It's a longer version of the video you're thinking about, this is is twice as long and shows a lot more. You've got to watch it all.
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 17 2010, 12:36 PM) *

Here
ZYA5cggiWjA

It's a longer version of the video you're thinking about, this is is twice as long and shows a lot more. You've got to watch it all.

laugh.gif no it's not... i've seen this video a hundred times now...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 17 2010, 05:49 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 17 2010, 12:36 PM) *

Here
ZYA5cggiWjA

laugh.gif no it's not... i've seen this video a hundred times now...

blush.gif *Hides*
Jacko
It must be nice to ride with horses in this game since you cant ride with cars anyway tongue.gif. I'm guessing you have to avoid snakes on the desert to avoid your horse shitting itself and you falling from your horse.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 17 2010, 07:10 PM) *
It must be nice to ride with horses in this game since you cant ride with cars anyway tongue.gif. I'm guessing you have to avoid snakes on the desert to avoid your horse shitting itself and you falling from your horse.

I hope there's a few cars in it, there were a few around back then.
bOnEs
the cars you will be using are horse-drawn carriages and shit... i'm pretty sure most of the vehicles will have a horse tied to them biggrin.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 17 2010, 07:34 PM) *
the cars you will be using are horse-drawn carriages and shit... i'm pretty sure most of the vehicles will have a horse tied to them biggrin.gif...

There's the tank thing with the gun thing on top but I'm not sure you can drive the thing.
Jacko
Maybe you can go to saloons, drink, play poker and start bar brawls or challenge somebody into a duel.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 18 2010, 05:15 AM) *
Maybe you can go to saloons, drink, play poker and start bar brawls or challenge somebody into a duel.

yes, something makes me think this is very true indeed... i fully expect to be able to do that... maybe marsten stumbles around like niko did when he went drinking with his buddies laugh.gif... bump into somebody that didn't want to be bumped into and "BAM!" showdown in the middle of the street...
Jacko
I expect this game to be kinda like GTA as far as the free roaming gameplay is concerned but I don think we see mission based structure like in the GTA games. unsure.gif
Marney1
Think I'm going to pre-order this one for the extra side missions;

THE GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK
The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.

Giant mouse....
Massacre
Did they announce what pre-order outfit won? I forgot all about this shit.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 19 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Did they announce what pre-order outfit won? I forgot all about this shit.

It seems they're still taking votes plus the outfits are exclusive to Gamestop customers. What add ons you get depends on where you buy from.Here.

I'm presuming you'll be able to download all of these through PS Store etc.
Massacre
I'm pretty exclusive to Gamestop, so it looks like I'll be getting an outfit. That golden gun shit looks pretty cool, though.

Either way, I'm looking forward to fucking up grizzly bears with a knife.
Marney1
New art from Patrick Brown.

bOnEs
man that guy is GOOD...
Marney1
The Bitches!

Marney1
I'm pre-ordering the special edition version of this because it has the Deadly Assassin Outfit, the War Horse and the Golden Guns Weapon packs not to mention the Soundtrack of which I don't know the details of yet.
Red Dead Redemption Special Edition Pack (Amazon)
Flea
This game looks epic, but i thought it was coming out april 3rd not 23rd, aw well, will be werth the wait!
Marney1
QUOTE (Flea @ Feb 24 2010, 09:25 PM) *
This game looks epic, but i thought it was coming out april 3rd not 23rd, aw well, will be werth the wait!

April 27th U.S - April 30th UK.
trathen93
graphics look pretty good. it's a nice change to modern shoot em up games that have high tech rifles and cars. interested as to what it will be like having horses and old revolvers and shotguns instead. sales should be good for 2 reasons: 1, its different. 2, its got the rockstar logo on the front. always a big pull in to people who appreciate the R* logo that graces the gta games. definitely getting this.
Marney1
QUOTE (DirtyWorkz @ Feb 24 2010, 11:21 PM) *
graphics look pretty good. it's a nice change to modern shoot em up games that have high tech rifles and cars. interested as to what it will be like having horses and old revolvers and shotguns instead. sales should be good for 2 reasons: 1, its different. 2, its got the rockstar logo on the front. always a big pull in to people who appreciate the R* logo that graces the gta games. definitely getting this.

And R* haven't started to just throw out shit games (like happens with movie sequels & prequels) yet knowing that they'll sell just because of the logo. They're gamers making games from a gamers point of view.
bOnEs
they spend countless hours perfecting their product... in R* we trust biggrin.gif....
TreeFitty
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 24 2010, 11:48 PM) *
they spend countless hours perfecting their product... in R* we trust biggrin.gif....

salute.gif

It's obviously a beautiful looking game already and I'm sure the actual playing on our consoles will be just as fantastic.
Marney1
Cancelled my order from Amazon and ordered it from Gamestation instead for 49.99 including delivery. smile.gif
bOnEs
i still haven't pre-ordered... has the north american gamestop referendum contest been decided yet?
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 25 2010, 05:48 PM) *
i still haven't pre-ordered... has the north american gamestop referendum contest been decided yet?

Seems they're still taking votes here but I'm going to have the Deadly Assassin outfit in the limited edition copy I've ordered. Hope there's some way of getting the other outfits too, I really want the Expert Hunter Outfit.

Came across this Q&A from GameSpy.
bOnEs
has anyone read all of that dan houser interview over at IGN? that was an excellent read... i think it was like a 5 part series... really good stuff though, he talked a lot about how this game is propelling R*'s RAGE engine into new territory and how what they learned from GTAIV and RDR will effect their future games... he said that RDR is the best game they've ever made, and he hopes that future games are labeled the same as well as they continue to expand upon and add more elements to the RAGE engine...

he also talked about how the PS3 and 360 are far from reaching their peaks... he reference GTA III to san andreas and how much of an improvement they made between those games with the same system engine maxed out... the sky is the limit is basically what he was saying about this generation of systems...

that gamestop contest is taking too fucking long... i'm pretty sure the deadly assassin outfit will win so, just announce it already... jesus...
Marney1
Yeah I read the full IGN Dan Houser interview I read every interview I can find of his because he comes across as just an ordinary gamer who wants what we all want in a game.
I've been looking through this and by the looks of RDR so have R*.

Know who this is?

^That's 'Big Foot' leader of the Sioux, killed in 1890. If Red Dead was set in the 1880's we could have had a real reason to go searching for the 'rumoured' Big Foot that some believed existed in San Andreas. tongue.gif
bOnEs
it's actually set at about 1900...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 1 2010, 12:11 AM) *
it's actually set at about 1900...

1908 I think.
bOnEs
when reading that IGN interview, i don't think we'll see a bigfoot anytime soon laugh.gif... R* has been taking their games quite seriously as of late... RDR is suppose to be a spaghetti western but, a very realistic one... GTAIV went that same direction... LA noire is the same, going for a real-life gritty 40's... and i wouldn't be surprised to find out that AGENT is a very realistic telling of espionage...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 1 2010, 04:50 AM) *
when reading that IGN interview, i don't think we'll see a bigfoot anytime soon laugh.gif... R* has been taking their games quite seriously as of late... RDR is suppose to be a spaghetti western but, a very realistic one... GTAIV went that same direction... LA noire is the same, going for a real-life gritty 40's... and i wouldn't be surprised to find out that AGENT is a very realistic telling of espionage...

That's what I meant, finding Big Foot in RDR could have been based on fact had the setting been the 1880's.
bOnEs
that's true... but, R* never uses real names anyways.. if they were to reference him, they'd probably call him, "Big Toe" laugh.gif...
TreeFitty
or "large finger", no wait, probably be a dick joke knowing R*.
Marney1
Anyone notice the huge waterfall in one of the videos? Hope you can go off the edge in a kayak or on your horse! Also noticed a domestic looking dog, I'm an animal lover in real life but in this game I'm gonna be an evil anti PETA cowboy.

TreeFitty
delayed until may 18th/21st http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/news/rockst...l-may-18th21st/
Marney1
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 3 2010, 06:19 PM) *

there, there, it'll be okay. they just want to make sure there's no bad things in the game to hurt your console or glitch out constantly.
Marney1
What's everyone going to do now? Oh look, a front door!
TreeFitty
go outside joke?
Marney1
I think they probably found a problem with the multiplayer because that's supposed to be the next video they're releasing. Whatever it is we'll just have to sit it out.
TreeFitty
Some people say that was a big part of why IV was delayed so it could be. Getting two computers from different parts of the world to work together in a complicated game takes some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.