Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS2 version
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Kamahl
Its already out!

I was wondering, who bought it?

I already got the PSP version but i don't know, its just $20 so i might end up buying it cause i'd like a bigger screen and i found this game hard for PSP.
§ynch
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Mar 6 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1307958[/snapback]
Its already out!

I was wondering, who bought it?

I already got the PSP version but i don't know, its just $20 so i might end up buying it cause i'd like a bigger screen and i found this game hard for PSP.
I bought it, and highly recommend it Kamahl.
Having a BLAST stunting on the Streetfighter right now,
but will get serious in a few days.
Already started my weapons/bribes/armor maps, so I'm not just fooling around.
There are weapons, bribes, health, and armor laying around everywhere.

Personally, I am too old to fool around with the tiny PSP.
Sure it's cute and all, but way too expensive for so little return, coming from where I'm at.

For me, I'll need to get my usual two (2) 100% completions before
I can really recommend this as a decent GTA Game,
but I sense that R* has done it again, and that is a good thing.

Right now, I am having a great time with VCS.
Game on!
Korben
As usual with me being in the UK, I have to wait until Friday. I mean it was only designed and programmed by people in the UK why should we get it first.... Rant over, actually I don't mind too much really. mad.gif

§ynchronizer, I am too old for a PSP (Nearly 31), but I personally love my PSP. Especially its web surfing capabililties. Plus it does have a couple of other games. Everybody's Golf was surprisingly fun and addictive to play. Plus I suspect if Sony want to keep the PSP popular they will have to beg R* to create a brand new GTA game, with a totally new map.

Anyway I will be buying it for Friday, even though I have it on PSP. I will probably order it from the web this afternoon as its much cheaper. They said LCS was a direct port, but they played around with a couple of small things, so I am hoping they have done the same again.

Will speak to you all on Friday night, Saturday morning when I have had a chance to play.

killjoy.rujoy?
today TodayTODAY! Jumpy.gif

I got a PSP too.I'm old too! ohmy.gif (see me pix,ahh,where people post their pix of themselves.It's called something...see me memory's goin'!)

I have been getting the GTA's for both systems.Hey,at 20 freakin bucks for the PS2 version,with a bigger screen,better controls,dual stick movement,2 shoulder buttons,etc,etc,etc...THAT DEAL CAN'T BE BEAT! thumbup.gif
The PSP versions are for my quick fix GTA addiction...but it's nice to sit back to play the PS2 version...as opposed to being hunkered down over that tiny PSP screen...for hours! rolleyes.gif
I been putting off the PSP replay for the PS2 version we aren"t getting...weren't getting...eventually maybe getting clap.gif
-spyder-
So any new features in the PS2 version?
new major on the block
I went to two Wall-Marts and a Target store and none of them had the game, not even a place for it listed. Later I looked on their websites and they don't have it listed either. mad.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Mar 7 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1308330[/snapback]
I went to two Wall-Marts and a Target store and none of them had the game, not even a place for it listed. Later I looked on their websites and they don't have it listed either. mad.gif

That's odd, the Gamestop here in the city - loads of them, no line, etc.
I think the must-have craze died out when it hit the PSP.

This is just the same as when LCS got ported to PS2.
No lines, no shortage, no problemo.
mrMISDEMEANOR
hahaa i didnt even realize it was out, i'm going to go get it next chance i get, and i guess i'll go to a gamestop
killjoy.rujoy?
I'm at 11%,missions only so far.
I have noticed that smearing effect when driving at hi speed like GTA SA is noticeable...I
think the graphics are smoother with smoother motion,esp. with 2 sticks.
Pop up is still there but much less frequent.The PSP version,I only did 1 quick play through,
but the PS2 version feels more open...probably just the bigger screen.
Korben
QUOTE(mrMISDEMEANOR)
hahaa i didnt even realize it was out, i'm going to go get it next chance i get, and i guess i'll go to a gamestop

I think R* made a mistake with this. 1. I have seen no advertising, and 2. They release the countdown for GTA4 a few days before the release of of this game. Lets face everyone has been talking about that.

QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Mar 9 2007, 02:51 AM) [snapback]1308674[/snapback]
I'm at 11%,missions only so far.
I have noticed that smearing effect when driving at hi speed like GTA SA is noticeable...I
think the graphics are smoother with smoother motion,esp. with 2 sticks.
Pop up is still there but much less frequent.The PSP version,I only did 1 quick play through,
but the PS2 version feels more open...probably just the bigger screen.

Sounds promising. I am hoping this will be remarkably better than the PSP version, and they will have removed a lot of the glitches. Going to get it this afternoon, watch the footie on tele at the pub... (Come on Derby!!), then come home and start playing
killjoy.rujoy?
Garage glitch is fixed!...your vehicles actually save. clap.gif

I'm at about 17%,missions only plus Vigilante('cause I snagged a tank after I had some sorta tantrum! drool.gif )
All my garaged vehicles are still saved.

Back to the pop-up and jerky frame rate...it's still noticably there when things are hectic. mad.gif
...perhaps above I had more wishful thinking.

The scenery is PS2 generated...water,trees and such look better.

But alotta PSP issues remain,drive a vehicle somewhere,view the cutscene or save and your vehicle is gone,unless it
was garaged.Also still there,kill all the baddies and get a cutscene so you miss out on the scattered weapons.

Still a great game...without the PS2 hype. thumbup.gif

>>>edit>>>...still sometimes no vehicle engine sounds.The Rhino I snagged for Vigilante lost the engine noise when I got out to pick up weapons about at level 7 and stayed off 'till Level 15 when you get the success music.
Handsome B Wonderful
I have it, and i'm enjoying it.

Some "what the fuck?" glitches have occured, but they haven't really bothered me much. While doing a side mission, when i left a store in little havana, instead of spawning outside the store, i spawned way out in the ocean. I had to restart, as i was too far out to swim back in. Also, a hooker i was supposed to pick up got stuck in the middle of the road. Ah well, tis GTA.

The rain effects are really good, but why does it normally rain when there are no clouds in the sky?

The soundtrack is even better than i thought (except for VROCK. what the hell happened there?), as i recognize a few songs that i didn't know by name. "Wouldn't it be good" ftw! I've now got the entire flash station on my mp3 player.
-spyder-
The graphics do look a bit better

Click to view attachment

And on the gtapsp.com site it explains that

"New engine populates the city with more cars, pedestrians and objects than ever before"

"PS2 version features enhanced graphics, draw distance and framerate"

Not knowing though that this is true or that he just made it up.

Anyway I think I might just rent or even buy it if it good enough to have on both consoles, seen as how cheap the game is
SlickCriminal92
I just got the ps2 version yesterday. IMO, GTA:VCS is WAYY better than GTA:SA. The empire building is pure genius, it's alot of fun taking over enemy business and then building them up and you gotta select which business is fit for that location.. Drug Smuggling is more efficent if near the docks, robbery business are better if placed in rich areas like Vice Point and way more options to choose from.
srg
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Mar 10 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]1308982[/snapback]

Not quite. They still don't repair destroyed cars which is really sad. But I can agree that they appear more stable now that cars don't just vanish in them.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(srg @ Mar 11 2007, 02:40 AM) [snapback]1309279[/snapback]
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Mar 10 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]1308982[/snapback]

Not quite. They still don't repair destroyed cars which is really sad. But I can agree that they appear more stable now that cars don't just vanish in them.

Thats good, the only stable garage was the second hideout you get on the 1st island,(Phil's spot in Vice City)
Heartless
I hatte the concept of a PSP so I'm excited that I'll get to play the last game until GTA4. Gives me a sense of completion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.