Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV rebirth...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
istealkegs
I havent played GTA IV in several months as I devoted my time to Fallout 3... recently though I finished Fallout and picked up GTA again... however, after coming back to GTA, I began playing differently....

I now play with no radar, no HUD, no subtitles, no GPS speech, nothing... all I see on screen is Niko, and the world.

I know where all of the major locations are, such as safehouses, vehicle locations, heli locations, pay n sprays, etc. by heart, so after I smoke a few bong fulls and enter Liberty City, it's like entering a real world.

You begin to navigate by your scenery rather than your map. Evading police is 10x more intense because you do not know where their line of sight is, or if there are more cops on the next street. You need to be aware of what weapons you have and how much ammo for each since you can't see that info.

Pretty much playing like this took my GTA IV experience to the next level, learning the city like a real place.

I recommend some of you give it a try some time.... if you can handle it.

-Tuten
Banana Boy
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Sep 5 2009, 01:31 PM) [snapback]1521166[/snapback]
I havent played GTA IV in several months as I devoted my time to Fallout 3... recently though I finished Fallout and picked up GTA again... however, after coming back to GTA, I began playing differently....

I now play with no radar, no HUD, no subtitles, no GPS speech, nothing... all I see on screen is Niko, and the world.

I know where all of the major locations are, such as safehouses, vehicle locations, heli locations, pay n sprays, etc. by heart, so after I smoke a few bong fulls and enter Liberty City, it's like entering a real world.

You begin to navigate by your scenery rather than your map. Evading police is 10x more intense because you do not know where their line of sight is, or if there are more cops on the next street. You need to be aware of what weapons you have and how much ammo for each since you can't see that info.

Pretty much playing like this took my GTA IV experience to the next level, learning the city like a real place.

-Tuten

cool, except for the weed part.

how do i do this for the PS3?
ConQueSteD
Menu, Display settings i think been awhile since i've removed it or added it.
PabloHoneyOle
I haven't played in a while; but I would do something similar (blunt instead of bong).
I try to play most games with those settings after I get accustomed to the gameplay.
bOnEs
wow, never thought about that... i too know the map fairly well... i know other islands better than others but, i still know where the main roads take me... you know, i am restarting my game soon and i might just try doing this... i can see where problems may occur but, i'll just turn the HUD back on briefly when i am lost laugh.gif...

nice idea though... i like it...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (istealkegs @ Sep 5 2009, 10:31 AM) *

-Tuten

Cool, especially the weed part. I've been trying to decide what to do today. I think I've found it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.