Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soccer player breaks leg intentionally
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
pimb
During a soccer game in the Belgian competition, Axel Witsel, a player of Standard (Red) broke Anderlecht's player leg, Marcin Wasilewski (purple). We can clearly see that his intention wasn't to play the ball.
Marcin Wasilewski is out for at least 1 year and the doctors also fear for the rest of his career. This is not the first bad action from Witsel who is also suspended 4 games with the national Belgian team for a similar tackle last year. Shame on him and on all the team of Standard that played a dirty game during 90 minutes, also injuring Jan Polak (A Czech international) for 6 months with a thorn ACL.

Axel Witsel's punishment is known since yesterday and he will be suspended until November 23. The case was also transfered to the UEFA and the FIFA and he could also be suspended for european cup games.

It's a shame to see what a rivalry between two teams can create in the head of some stupid kids. Even if there's sometimes a lot of money involved, soccer still remains a game and nothing should justify such a behaviour...
Psy
That was a horrific tackle. He should be banned until Wasilewski is back playing again. In fact he should be banned for life for that tackle.
Qdeathstar
I don't know, it look like he was trying to make a play at the ball to me..

don't know much about soccer though.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Soccer = Gay

Still, I'd kick that guy off my team.
PabloHoneyOle
Damn, that made me a little light headed. Looked fucking painful.
Pieface
QUOTE(LMOZ91 @ Sep 2 2009, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1520466[/snapback]

If he was trying to play the ball, his foot would have moved forward in a straight line, what the Liege player did was stamp down onto his ankle which caused it to break.
FuddMan
As a student radiographer, I can honestly say that x-ray looks pretty fucking horrific.

It probably didn't help the guy with his reaction when he saw his own leg dangling in his face.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Pjanoo @ Sep 2 2009, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1520481[/snapback]
As a student radiographer, I can honestly say that x-ray looks pretty fucking horrific.

And as a 13 year old Pre-pubecent girl scout, I can honestly say that X-ray made me cum.
DiO
QUOTE(LMOZ91 @ Sep 2 2009, 11:49 AM) [snapback]1520466[/snapback]

Watch the slo mo. He fucking booted the guys shin on purpose.

And look at the big fucking smile on the d-bags face afterward.
DuPz0r
Shit! I've never seen a bone break that cleanly in a football match before. It was like completely severed under his flesh :S
Sheep
Thats fucking bad, he should be banned from ever playing football again
Pieface
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 2 2009, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1520502[/snapback]
Shit! I've never seen a bone break that cleanly in a football match before. It was like completely severed under his flesh :S

You have by far not seen the worst tackle then. David Busst was just awful.

http://www.hoahoctro.vn/Upload/20071003/David%20Busst.jpg

There's a picture.
DiO
*note to self: Never play any sports...ever.
FuddMan
QUOTE(DiO @ Sep 2 2009, 11:22 PM) [snapback]1520544[/snapback]
*note to self: Never play any sports...ever.

This arse-shaped depression in my chair seems to be a much safer place.
Ex-PS Fanboy
THE SUN! IT BURNS!
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
I always thought these kinds of things were more a matter of criminal assault than football.
cuda is your boi
QUOTE(Pjanoo @ Sep 2 2009, 05:27 PM) [snapback]1520481[/snapback]

It probably didn't help the guy with his reaction when he saw his own leg dangling in his face.

You don't need to study to see that one.... jesus, is this guy ever going to play again?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Larson played again, so maybe.
FuddMan
The bone will heal eventually, but with it being splintered like that it won't be a clean bone afterwards, that's for sure. Some people are lucky to be able to walk with a walking stick after an injury like that, and that's after months and months of intensive physio. It also depends on the damage to the muscles and all the connecting ligaments and tendons - his leg was pretty mullered so nothing will be where it's supposed to be. Time will tell really...
Pieface
Well after David Busst's injury they were saying he could have played again, but while he was recovering he caught MRSA which destroyed his muscles, and that ruined his career.
The Awesome One
His foot just bent in half! Worse than Eduardos I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.