Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 Firmware Update 3.0
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
bOnEs
i logged in last night and found out that the latest firmware update was released... and it might of been the fastest update ever! it only took a few minutes... but, they changed some things around in the XMB and you also now have the new startup screen that's being installed on the PS3 slims... also, the friends list was slightly modified as well... and i am sure there were plenty of other minor updates also...

so log in and get updated my friends...
GLC
I did the update a little earlier today. Meh. Noticed the BBC iPlayer thing which is pretty cool, don't like the changes to layout and general look of the XMB though. The glitter or whatever the hell that is in the background annoys me and I haven't bothered to find if I can get rid of it or not. So yeah, a meh update for me.
TheAnalogKid2112
Pretty decent update. I love the copy+paste feature that took them three years to incorporate. I'm sure by now D-O knows how much I love it. Yeah, glitter's alright. It's pretty on an HDTV. I like/dislike the new friends list. Sometimes I think it's too bulky, while the rest of the time I like it. Also, I love the new date+time section at the top right. I like how it shows how many friends are online and how many new messages you have. Also, the little analog clock up there is cool. I like vagina.
Kamahl
my ps3 died after i installed 3.0

i was checking the new stuff when it turned off... and it doesnt work anymore.

Im still not sure if it was the 3.0 version taht killed it or not...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Sep 2 2009, 01:49 AM) [snapback]1520404[/snapback]
my ps3 died after i installed 3.0

i was checking the new stuff when it turned off... and it doesnt work anymore.

Im still not sure if it was the 3.0 version taht killed it or not...

That's what happened to mine after I logged in. Did it make a clicking noise? Is the light yellow or red or off?
DuPz0r
I like the new update. I don't really like the look of my friends list. But i like the fact there is a a BBC iplayer, and an interactive PSN store under GAME.. Plus the glitter is a nice girly touch.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 2 2009, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1520432[/snapback]
I like the new update. I don't really like the look of my friends list. But i like the fact there is a a BBC iplayer, and an interactive PSN store under GAME.. Plus the glitter is a nice girly touch.

What the hell is a BBC iplayer?
TheAnalogKid2112
Probably some gay UK shit
bOnEs
the friends list moves choppy now... there seems to be a bit of a lag when moving thru the list... i don't really like the gray boxes behind all your contacts... they probably could of left that new feature out...

everything else is nice... the new clock animation for loading, the fact that your battery life isn't displayed on top of the clock, and the bigger fonts in the XMB... the startup screen is a nice change of scenery as well... i barely see the glitter most of the time, it's so fast that you almost think your screen turned into pixels for a split second laugh.gif...
Ex-PS Fanboy
The glitter is more noticable on an HDTV (wait, I forgot if you have one). The new visuals look nice, the whats new button is good. I think the only thing I don't like is the new look of the friends list. I noticed they have a PS store button under the Video section, but when I click it it says the feature isn't available in my Region/Country.
bOnEs
i got an HDTV and i do see the glitter... it's just so unnoticeable for me...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1520477[/snapback]
i got an HDTV and i do see the glitter... it's just so unnoticeable for me...

Then your eyes suck balls.
bOnEs
and i have better than 20/20 vision lol... seriously, it's so subtle that if it annoys you, you see it more... it doesn't bother me so, i don't notice it... it's as simple as that...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:26 PM) [snapback]1520480[/snapback]
and i have better than 20/20 vision lol... seriously, it's so subtle that if it annoys you, you see it more... it doesn't bother me so, i don't notice it... it's as simple as that...

I got that too, but I can still see the glitter.
bOnEs
i can see it too...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1520486[/snapback]
i can see it too...

NO YOU CAN'T
bOnEs
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 2 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1520487[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1520486[/snapback]
i can see it too...

NO YOU CAN'T

what, did you borrow my eyes one night and try to see the glitter but you couldn't?
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1520464[/snapback]
the friends list moves choppy now... there seems to be a bit of a lag when moving thru the list... i don't really like the gray boxes behind all your contacts... they probably could of left that new feature out...

I've always had trouble reading the friends list for what game people were playing. I think they wanted to make it more legible.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 2 2009, 12:53 PM) [snapback]1520446[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 2 2009, 02:44 PM) [snapback]1520455[/snapback]

BBC iplayer lets you watch all BBC Programs on all their channels. You just pick the program, film, series whatever you wanna watch and it streams it. It is good if you are playing a game and forget something was on TV, you just watch it when you want.
TheAnalogKid2112
I just turned the glitter off. Under theme settings, for wallpaper, hit Classic
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 2 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1520503[/snapback]
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 2 2009, 12:53 PM) [snapback]1520446[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 2 2009, 02:44 PM) [snapback]1520455[/snapback]

BBC iplayer lets you watch all BBC Programs on all their channels. You just pick the program, film, series whatever you wanna watch and it streams it. It is good if you are playing a game and forget something was on TV, you just watch it when you want.

Oh, BBC is gay anyway, CBC ftw. (not really)
bOnEs
MTV FTW!!
FuddMan
/DuffMan enjoys his adless TV.

Anyway, on topic, anyone having problems with games crashing after this update? On a couple of other forums people are having issues with Killzone 2 and the like. By the sounds of it 3.01 can't come out soon enough.
bOnEs
yea, sounds like they're gonna need to patch up 3.0... i haven't noticed any problems yet but, a lot of people have...
Ex-PS Fanboy
I notice I'm having a harder time logging in, it takes much longer and sometimes doesn't even work.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 2 2009, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1520595[/snapback]
I notice I'm having a harder time logging in, it takes much longer and sometimes doesn't even work.

Me too! It sucks!
DuPz0r
Anyone like the sound of the new feature; dynamic themes, and the premium avatars?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 3 2009, 02:33 AM) [snapback]1520626[/snapback]
Anyone like the sound of the new feature; dynamic themes, and the premium avatars?

Fuck "premium" avatars. That sounds like they're going to charge us for any new avatars. I've been wanting new free avatars since I got my PS3. They could have easily added SO many. Dude, they don't even have any LittleBigPlanet avatars! Not to mention inFamous or any other games they have yet to add. I swear, the only games they have avas for are Motorstorm, Resistance, and Uncharted. Oh, and Super Rub a Dub.

Give us some free avatars!!!
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 3 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1520673[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 3 2009, 02:33 AM) [snapback]1520626[/snapback]

Fuck "premium" avatars. That sounds like they're going to charge us for any new avatars. I've been wanting new free avatars since I got my PS3. They could have easily added SO many. Dude, they don't even have any LittleBigPlanet avatars! Not to mention inFamous or any other games they have yet to add. I swear, the only games they have avas for are Motorstorm, Resistance, and Uncharted. Oh, and Super Rub a Dub.

Give us some free avatars!!!

They should let us upload our own.
bOnEs
ahh, who cares about the avatars... but, i do agree with analog in that they should of released some avatars for their exclusive games like little big planet, MGS4, infamous, etc...
DuPz0r
Yeah it does take the piss charging for avatars. I could make my own kick arse avatars for free. But meh. I like the sound of the dynamic wallpapers though, as long as they are free anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.