Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chinatown Wars for PSP in October
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
FuddMan
Rockstar Games has just updated its Twitter page with the information that GTA: Chinatown Wars, originally released for the Nintendo DS in March this year, is going to make an appearance on Sony's PSP from October 20th. It will be available both as a standard retail UMD and as a digital download from the Playstation Network.

Rockstar originally announced the port over to the PSP platform in June, but we have been waiting for a release date since then. So for those of you who belong to the PSP faithful, this should come as good news. It also means Rockstar is on for a killer week in October with Chinatown Wars for PSP and the second Xbox 360 episodic content pack coming out within two days of each other.

UPDATE: The October 20th release date is for North America. The rest of the world will get it on the 23rd.
Psy
In interested to see how they're going to replace the touch screen features from the DS, and the fact that they'll have more processing power available... Better graphics? Higher camera angle? Hmm...
Qdeathstar
Don't know, kinda sucks i sold my psp... hopefully they will change also release this on the ps3...
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(LMOZ91 @ Aug 25 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1519624[/snapback]
Don't know, kinda sucks i sold my psp... hopefully they will change also release this on the ps3...

Is it possible to play PSP games on your PS3 if they are downloaded from the store? Because that would be way more useful since I won't have to crane my neck to play it and I could use a dualshock controller.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Aug 26 2009, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1519639[/snapback]
QUOTE(LMOZ91 @ Aug 25 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1519624[/snapback]

Is it possible to play PSP games on your PS3 if they are downloaded from the store? Because that would be way more useful since I won't have to crane my neck to play it and I could use a dualshock controller.

It will say, some are PS3/PSP compatable, others are PSP only.
HB~Sauce
Ah I see, hopefully this one is one of them that's compatible.
DuPz0r
I'll be downloading this from the PS-store when it finally arrives.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Psy @ Aug 26 2009, 12:46 AM) [snapback]1519622[/snapback]
In interested to see how they're going to replace the touch screen features from the DS, and the fact that they'll have more processing power available... Better graphics? Higher camera angle? Hmm...

Maybe they won't sad.gif
Maybe that's why they added new missions etc. I would like to see the cool stuff like in DS though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.