Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
Marney1
I sometimes get the trophy; 'Let Sleeping Roskstars Lie' and the details say 'You Killed A Rockstar In Multiplayer'.

Is the Rockstar I killed a R* employee or what?
PabloHoneyOle
It's a viral achievement. You killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed a Rockstar employee.

You should only get it once. That's how achievements work, not sure about "trophies" or whatever the PS3 ripoffs are called.
Marney1
I use different accounts other than marney1 sometimes so I probably just got it once on each.
bOnEs
it's the same as your whimpy achievements stoic... kill someone who killed someone who killed a rockstar employee... i got mine in the only team deathmatch me and analogkid ever played... now i get messages from random people every now and then asking me if i work for R* when they get the trophy for killing me...

i say yes then block 'em biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 21 2009, 05:37 PM) [snapback]1519057[/snapback]
it's the same as your whimpy achievements stoic...

Look, don't fanboyistic on me just because Sony stole the concept from Microsoft.

now i get messages from random people every now and then asking me if i work for R* when they get the trophy for killing me...

i say yes then block 'em :D...

That's hilarious.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 24 2009, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1519348[/snapback]
it's the same as your whimpy achievements stoic...

Look, don't fanboyistic on me just because Sony stole the concept from Microsoft.

hey, there's nothing fanboyistic about calling achievements whimpy... you called trophies rip-offs... since when is giving gamers a sense of accomplishment considered a rip-off?? just thought i'd get in on your fanboyish comment and start a full fledged console war...

ok, not really... but at least both offer the sense of accomplishment... no need to label em rip-offs or whimpy...
HB~Sauce
You are right about the trophies/achievements being a sense of accomplishment, b0nEs. I'll be smiling when I get my GTA platinum biggrin.gif
bOnEs
i wish i could get that trophy... i know for damn sure i'll never get that "euf von something or another" one where you need to win in all types of matches and all types of races... i'm still working on the "fly the co-op" but, i can't get the bomb da base II time... i got the other two...
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 26 2009, 09:05 AM) [snapback]1519688[/snapback]
i wish i could get that trophy... i know for damn sure i'll never get that "euf von something or another" one where you need to win in all types of matches and all types of races... i'm still working on the "fly the co-op" but, i can't get the bomb da base II time... i got the other two...

I just got "Fly the Co-op" the other day, If you want I could help you get it and other online trophies. I'm pretty busy this week (house sitting, work, farm chores, plus on top of all that I'm getting ready to move into my dorm for university this coming weekend) but when I have some free time I would lend a hand.
bOnEs
hey, i'll add you... sounds good whenever you get the chance... 'ol HB~Sauce makin' an appearance biggrin.gif...

i do want to get more of the online trophies for GTAIV... i fucked up my chances at some of the single player trophies and i'm looking to restart that file... i messed up the random ped missions... i didn't start doing them until after the story and the ones that have more than one mission wouldn't appear after their first one... guides say to do some missions to get them to re-appear but lol, i was done with those... i was going for the "under 30 hours" trophy and flew through the missions... now that i know, i'll be doing another play through sometime in the near future... but, i'm waiting until i don't have anything to play because, i've got some games to tide me over...

but seriously, i want to get some of those online trophies... i've tried my ass off at some of them and never got 'em... the one that says to "not damage your car much in a race"... yea, i can't seem to get that one... i'm about 900K away from the level 10 trophy but, i can get that one no problem because, me and my friends play A TON of deal breaker lol....

haven't gotten the "kill 20 players with a pistol" trophy either because, all my friends want to do is play deal breaker lol... i mean, i love that mission... it offers the most freedom of any co-op mission... but, i want to work at some of the others... i think i have the times for deal breaker and hangman's NOOSE but, i can't seem to even come close on the bomb da base one...
HB~Sauce
How long do you wait for the random peds to show up? I find that I had to wait a couple of in game days for the second encounters to happen. I also rushed to finish the story in under 30 hours and was able to find them all.

As for the online trophies, it's either time consuming (Wanted) or you have to trophy boost since no one plays the game modes (AWP trophy).
HB~Sauce
Double post, but I just moved into my dorm and it turns out they are smart with their internet access since I can't log on to any internet other then the one on my laptop. I still want to help you so whenever I come home (christmas holidays looks like the closest time, but after april I'll be back home and be able to game it up smile.gif ) I'll be playing online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.