Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inglourious Basterds
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
PabloHoneyOle
Who's going to see this? I'm probably taking the Mrs. tonight.

FuddMan
Saw it on Wednesday. Was fucking brilliant.
bOnEs
seeing it monday... don't fucking spoil it 'till then you spoiling fucking basterds...
DuPz0r
I'll be watching it!
Ex-PS Fanboy
I personally don't like Q.Tarentino, but this movie looks surprisingly good.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 21 2009, 02:33 PM) [snapback]1519012[/snapback]

That's because you're an idiot. Why don't you like him? Which of his movies have you seen and what were your impressions?
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 21 2009, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1519028[/snapback]

That's because you're an idiot. Why don't you like him? Which of his movies have you seen and what were your impressions?

Planet Terror, Death Proof, and Kill Bill Vol.1

Planet Terror was a horribly failed attempt at a horror movie.

Death Proof spent nearly the entire movie just building to the 15 minute climax, it was without a doubt the worst movie I ever saw.

Kill Bill wasn't bad, But there are other movies I'd much rather watch.
PabloHoneyOle
Go see Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, then get back to me.

Also, Kill Bill was brilliant.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 21 2009, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1519031[/snapback]
Go see Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, then get back to me.

Also, Kill Bill was brilliant.

Maybe I will.

I didn't think It was brilliant, but it was good.
aussie_b8ler
I think every Tarantino fan will love this movie. It has everything that you would expect from one of his films; intertwining storylines, memorable and relatable characters, witty dialogue and a series of wtf moments, not to mention the insane amounts of gore and violence. Granted the middle is a tad slow, but the ending more than makes up for it. It is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
Massacre
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 21 2009, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1519030[/snapback]

Death Proof spent nearly the entire movie just building to the 15 minute climax, it was without a doubt the worst movie I ever saw.

Planet Terror wasn't Tarantino, it was Rodriguez. Take Stoic's advice, those two are the classics. Basterds was pretty fucking awesome.
DiO
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 21 2009, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1519030[/snapback]

I liked Death Proof.
Massacre
Same.
Kamahl
am i the only one who HATED kill bill?
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Aug 21 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1519090[/snapback]

no .
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(LoonaTyk1 @ Aug 22 2009, 12:16 AM) [snapback]1519098[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Aug 21 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1519090[/snapback]

no .

And I didnt care for it either.
bOnEs
i loved kill bill... and pulp fiction was brilliant... but, your all forgetting one of his best movies, "jackie brown"... now that's a good piece of filming right there... pam grier, samuel jackson, robert de niro, chris tucker, michael keaton, robert forster, bridget fonda, and others...
asthenia
I always forget about Jackie Brown. Should watch it. Anyway, on topic. Saw this last night, one of his best. I'm a whore for Pulp Fiction but I'd say this is fighting it for the top spot, and Reservoir coming in at 3rd.

I'm 'on' give you sumpthin you can't never take off.
bOnEs
i actually broke down and saw this last night, instead of waiting till monday... and it was good... not his best work IMO but, it definitely had some of his more memorable characters... brad pitt and christopher waltz were brilliant... i just wish there was more screen time for pitt because, he had me cracking up almost every time he opened his hillbilly mouth laugh.gif... his italian was hilarious laugh.gif... and lt. landa (waltz) is one of tarintino's best characters ever... this guy was like most of his evil characters, yet better than most of his evil characters...

the movie was worth the price of admission, even though it dragged at times in the middle... it ranks behind pulp fiction, jackie brown, kill bill and reservoir dogs for me though... those movies are masterpieces, and inglourious basterds comes close to a masterpiece but, doesn't quite reach that plateau for me... plus, all the movies i mentioned are just classic films and the basterds really couldn't compare to those brilliant films... but, it comes really close biggrin.gif... it's a good movie, and worthy enough to share the shelf with his other classics...
new major on the block
Kill Bill SUCKED!!!!!!!!!! I would rather gouge my eyes out than ever watch that SHIT of a movie again.

DuPz0r
I Watched IB last night. I loved it. Was anyone else really satisfied when the cinema blew up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.