Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: District 9
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
DiO
Not the typical aliens invading movie. I thought it was really fucking great.
TheAnalogKid2112
A new alien movie? I never heard of it.

EDIT: Holy shit. I just saw the trailer. This movie looks awesome! I'm totally going to see it this week.

For anyone else who doesn't know wtf it is: [youtube]d6PDlMggROA[/youtube]
neko_ceko
The trailer gives me the creeps.
But looks awesome ;o
PabloHoneyOle
I've wanting to go see this. Didn't want to read the reviews; summaries; just wanted to go into it with no expectations. Looks awesome. If Penis Compensator liked it, than I'm sure it will be good.

Might go tonight.
bOnEs
it was pretty good... some were upset when the credits rolled, yelling "REFUND!!" but i think those are the kinds of people that wanted non-stop action, which you don't get... instead you get a deep story with moral dilemmas and action sprinkled in to keep the idiots happy... good film and great use of the cameras... it brought a refreshing feeling to the movie...
Ex-PS Fanboy
I'm going to see it tonight. I left a message on their hotline saying I was attacked by a non-human, then I said I was able to secure a walker and smash it's face in.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 19 2009, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1518703[/snapback]
I'm going to see it tonight. I left a message on their hotline saying I was attacked by a non-human, then I said I was able to secure a walker and smash it's face in.

Fuck your Red Faction jokes.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 19 2009, 01:40 PM) [snapback]1518702[/snapback]
it was pretty good... some were upset when the credits rolled, yelling "REFUND!!" but i think those are the kinds of people that wanted non-stop action, which you don't get... instead you get a deep story with moral dilemmas and action sprinkled in to keep the idiots happy... good film and great use of the cameras... it brought a refreshing feeling to the movie...

Exactly. Those idiots should have went and seen GI Joe.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 19 2009, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1518715[/snapback]
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 19 2009, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1518703[/snapback]

Fuck your Red Faction jokes.

I actually did that though...
neko_ceko
[youtube]18jJSVLB0V8[/youtube]
ENVi3
Yeah it was a really good movie.
i must admit, at the beginning i thought i made a mistake because it was boring and i just really did not like the style ... but then it was great, definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
for those of you that care, the Director has given more back story and it's pretty interesting and it does answer some questions and it gives enough info to come up with answers to other questions: http://io9.com/5331799/district-9s-directo...lien-back-story .
Massacre
I fucking loved this movie. I give mad props to any big budget movie that uses a complete no-name cast.
DiO
QUOTE(Massacre @ Aug 19 2009, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1518740[/snapback]
I fucking loved this movie. I give mad props to any big budget movie that uses a complete no-name cast.

It actually wasn't big budget. Apparently it costed 30 million to make. Compared to transformers 2 costing 200 million to make.
ENVi3
QUOTE(Penis Compensator @ Aug 19 2009, 09:00 PM) [snapback]1518753[/snapback]
It actually wasn't big budget. Apparently it costed 30 million to make. Compared to transformers 2 costing 200 million to make.
yeah, i've read around about how this movie basically gives the finger to Hollywood.
DiO
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Aug 19 2009, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1518756[/snapback]
yeah, i've read around about how this movie basically gives the finger to Hollywood.

Which adds to its awesomeness.
Massacre

Really? That's awesome.
bOnEs
lol, it made back it's money in the first weekend... not many hollywood movies can say that...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 20 2009, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1518853[/snapback]
lol, it made back it's money in the first weekend... not many hollywood movies can say that...

Napoleon Dynamite sure as hell can...

But this movie was fucking amazing, I find it funny how it cost 170 million less than transformers, yet still kicked the shit outta it.
Hardcore Ottoman
I think I already told Ben I liked this movie. Yes, not a masterpiece by any means but compared to other movies I can actually recall certain scenes. The accents were all I needed to initially like the director. His next movie will hopefully show him doing something outside his comfort zone though, I got my tabs on this guy.
b1b23
amazing movie
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Penis Compensator @ Aug 20 2009, 03:00 AM) [snapback]1518753[/snapback]

Transformers 2 was worth the 200 million. I really liked it

District 9 eh? the ads on the forum for it piss me off. maybe ill go see it
DiO
QUOTE(Cyantist @ Aug 25 2009, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1519503[/snapback]
QUOTE(Penis Compensator @ Aug 20 2009, 03:00 AM) [snapback]1518753[/snapback]

Transformers 2 was worth the 200 million. I really liked it

District 9 eh? the ads on the forum for it piss me off. maybe ill go see it

Yah but I think most would agree District 9 is a better movie. I bet 1/2 that budget was just paying for Megan Fox and Shia TheBeef.
DuPz0r
I watched this two days ago. I really enjoyed it. I couldn't stand the South African accent, but meh. The story was really cool, i'd imagine this being a more realistic alien invasion story, then the blockbuster blow the shit out of mankind type of film.

Nice documentary style film. 9/10
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 26 2009, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1519680[/snapback]
I watched this two days ago. I really enjoyed it. I couldn't stand the South African accent, but meh. The story was really cool, i'd imagine this being a more realistic alien invasion story, then the blockbuster blow the shit out of mankind type of film.

I would too, but all my fathers relatives are South african, plus my aunt lives in Jo-burg, which is where the movie took place.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 26 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1519710[/snapback]

I would too, but all my fathers relatives are South african, plus my aunt lives in Jo-burg, which is where the movie took place.

Same here. My Father is half South African, my Grandfather is English, but my Grandmother is from Johannesburg, and they both live there. I still hated the accent in the film though, it was too much lol
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 27 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1519798[/snapback]

Same here. My Father is half South African, my Grandfather is English, but my Grandmother is from Johannesburg, and they both live there. I still hated the accent in the film though, it was too much lol

Not me, I spent a month In Cape town with my relatives, so I got pretty used to the accent.
DiO
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 27 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1519817[/snapback]

Not me, I spent a month In Cape town with my relatives, so I got pretty used to the accent.

Fawk man!
DuPz0r
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Aug 27 2009, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1519817[/snapback]

I'm used to it, i just didn't like the way the "main character" sounded. It kind of sounded too over the top.
Pieface
Just went to see it (Came out today). It was really what I was not expecting at all, very gory as well but an awesome film. Leaves it right open for another film, District 10.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Pieface @ Sep 4 2009, 09:49 PM) [snapback]1520981[/snapback]
Just went to see it (Came out today). It was really what I was not expecting at all, very gory as well but an awesome film. Leaves it right open for another film, District 10.

I think they should just leave it.
Pieface
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 6 2009, 01:10 AM) [snapback]1521218[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Sep 4 2009, 09:49 PM) [snapback]1520981[/snapback]

I think they should just leave it.

But look at it this way, it's quite obvious with the way [spoiler]how we have no idea if the mothership came back to Earth with help, what would happen to the main character, did Christopher make it even back to his homeland, what happened to those in District 10 etc.[/spoiler]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.