Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 Slim
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
FuddMan
Didn't expect me to make this topic, eh?

$300 (so about 300), 120GB hard drive.

But that doesn't matter, because just look at the fucking thing. Have you ever seen anything look so depressingly boring and cheaply made?
Marney1
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 19 2009, 01:16 AM) [snapback]1518623[/snapback]
Didn't expect me to make this topic, eh?

$300 (so about 300), 120GB hard drive.

But that doesn't matter, because just look at the fucking thing.

Is that just an artists impression?
FuddMan
Err no, it's the official release picture.
Marney1
Yeah I've just checked it out.

[youtube]KrOS_0Ulv7M[/youtube]
FuddMan
Ah okay, it doesn't look too bad in the flesh, I never realised that cheap-looking surface was to stop fingerprints making it look like a dirty mirror. Will look forward to seeing how much they end up charging us Brits for it though.
Marney1
249.99 according to this.
TwoFacedTanner
Thats what I call ugly as sin.

And I thought this was a hoax...

Oh damn, guess not.
Its on K-Marts website...I work there and shit thats why I was looking.

I plan on picking one up. Fuck yeah.
Play some games with D-O and the Jew.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 18 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1518643[/snapback]

Oh damn, guess not.

Hey, man, thanks. I'm glad you want to play with me.

mad.gif
DiO
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 18 2009, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1518643[/snapback]

Oh damn, guess not.

Fuckin-a.

I hope a bunch of peeps I know pick one up.
TheAnalogKid2112
Seriously. All y'all need to get one. Stoic, Massacre, hell even Pieface. All of you get one!
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 19 2009, 01:39 AM) [snapback]1518655[/snapback]
Seriously. All y'all need to get one. Stoic, Massacre, hell even Pieface. All of you get one!

Piefag has one.
bOnEs
ugly as fuck?? what are you all, women?? it's a gaming system, who cares what it looks like... and it's been priced reasonably for those who wanted to get one but, thought it was too expensive in the past... get one, you won't be disappointed... there's a nice collection of exclusives coming out in the next 6 months... not to mention the ones already out like uncharted, LBP, MGS4, killzone 2 and infamous...

come on, you know you want to play 'em biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
I'd get one only for the sake of gaming with bones and Anajew, but I barely have time for my 360; having two systems would be simply overkill.

I have a friend who JUST bought the old PS3; he's kind of pissed off he didn't wait.
bOnEs
yea, it'd be cool to shoot the shit in GTA or something biggrin.gif...

they're dropping the price with the current ones on the market as we speak... so, there's nothing wrong with getting an older model but, they're being phased out to make room for the slim... too bad your friend didn't wait a week or so to get one today... personally, i'd still prefer the original to the slim but, that's pry because i still have the old grill looking one biggrin.gif...
ENVi3
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 19 2009, 10:10 AM) [snapback]1518692[/snapback]
ugly as fuck?? what are you all, women??\
actually when i showed my girlfriend the pictures she said she likes how it looks smooth ...

but yeah, personally i think it looks too plasticy and it doesn't have that shine the 'fat' version of PS3s have. oh well, I'll just keep playing my old one.
Pieface
Oh lets sell my PS3 and buy a slim for something that will still take up the same amount of space, and probably destroy it self.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm going to just buy an old PS3 from someone who gives a shit about a slimmer PS3.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 19 2009, 12:32 PM) [snapback]1518709[/snapback]
I'm going to just buy an old PS3 from someone who gives a shit about a slimmer PS3.

That's a good idea, because you know there's going to be a bunch of idiots that "NEED" the new one.
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 19 2009, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1518709[/snapback]

That is the correct way to do it, second hand systems will be pouring out of the shops because loads of idiots with no sense will be trading their old one in.

Total waste of money exchanging your old for new because no sane gamer stares at their system - they play the game in it.
Kamahl
i'd get a new one actually, but the old version... i mean, they just dropped the price and you can get it for $300
bOnEs
yea, this other place i post at that's all PS3 news, in the comments section all i see is, "FINALLY!! ITS OFFICIAL!! THIS IS A DAY ONE PURCHASE FOR ME!!"...

rolleyes.gif... like there's something wrong with their current one... personally i don't see a reason to even consider buying one... but, if i didn't have one, i'd be interested for sure... the problem is, all these people i'm talking about are on a PS3 website so, obviously they all have one...

some people i guess have money burning a hole in their pockets... i wish i knew who they were because i'd be walking behind them waiting for the wallet to fall out...
trathen93
i love the fact that its finally comin out. but im just goin to stick with my beloved chunky one. it looks so much nicer than the slim one. nice and shiney!
The Awesome One
They should focus on doing something with the old version. When the fat PS3 was coming out, everyone was like OMG,OMG,OMG. Then half of those people bought a 360.
Marney1
I'm probably just being a cunt here but shouldn't this be 'Site News' rather than 'Other Games'.......hey Duff put me straight......Duff......Duff.....DUFF!

I'm going to bed, I'm drunk as a skunk.
FuddMan
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 20 2009, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1518730[/snapback]
I'm probably just being a cunt here but shouldn't this be 'Site News' rather than 'Other Games'.......hey Duff put me straight......Duff......Duff.....DUFF!

I'm going to bed, I'm drunk as a skunk.

Yeah you're being a cunt. It isn't GTA news, hence it isn't on the front page of a GTA site.

I think the bigger hard drive is a big part of this. I prefer the old design as well but having another 40GB on top of the biggest (official) drive for the old SKU is a pretty big jump. Still no reason for me to get one, but still.
Massacre
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 19 2009, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1518655[/snapback]

'K. I'll get one. I wonder if Gamestop'll give me anything for my PS2. Poor thing's on its last legs, but I'm not telling them that...
TwoFacedTanner
ugly as fuck?? what are you all, women??

I simply cannot have a gaming system that clashes with my dress, curtains, or carpet.

But its official, I'm getting a PS3 at the end of the month/beginning of next month.
So start sending me your PSN names! I'll be far too lazy to look them all up.
Qdeathstar
i bought my ps3 at launch, 60gb... i ain't played it since i bought the xbox 360....
Darth Sexy
The price drop is welcome, and I don't honestly care what it looks like. However, I rarely have time to play my 360 properly, let alone a second system. I also don't have the AU$450+ to drop on it.
Apocolyptic Diety
Another useless product from Sony. They shouldn't be worried about how big the system is. I couldn't care less of the size, shape or color of it. If it plays games, movies and music, its fine the way it is.
Kuwong
only bonus this ps3 hasi s a lower power consumption. I'm told it uses around 34% less than the original, which will probably be good in the long run when it comes to saving money. But I don't think the original even uses too much power, so like fuck I'm gunna rush out and buy it.

also ironic as they release a slimmer console, but still less games. I've not heard much that tantalizes my interests.
DuPz0r
I'm sorry but i think it looks horrible. It isn't as manly as the original PS3. But if my ps3 ever breaks i'm sure i'd still get one.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 19 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]1518755[/snapback]

I simply cannot have a gaming system that clashes with my dress, curtains, or carpet.

But its official, I'm getting a PS3 at the end of the month/beginning of next month.

You Microsoft sellout. I thought you sold your 360 because you were going off to basic?
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 20 2009, 09:03 AM) [snapback]1518796[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 19 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]1518755[/snapback]

You Microsoft sellout. I thought you sold your 360 because you were going off to basic?

Basic turned out to be much further away than I anticipated.
When I found out I leave for it in November, I knew that I had fucked up.
Fear not Stoic one, when I get out of basic, I'll get a 360 again.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Apocolyptic Diety @ Aug 20 2009, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1518773[/snapback]
Another useless product from Sony. They shouldn't be worried about how big the system is. I couldn't care less of the size, shape or color of it. If it plays games, movies and music, its fine the way it is.

Another useless product? What other products have Sony released that are useless? And this system does have a use. Many people, like me, don't have enough room in their entertainment center for the bulk a PS3 takes up. I'm not going to be buying the Slim, but this will help out a lot of people who a. wanted a price drop, and b. wanted less bulk. So what other Sony products are useless?
Marney1
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 20 2009, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1518819[/snapback]
QUOTE(Apocolyptic Diety @ Aug 20 2009, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1518773[/snapback]

Another useless product? What other products have Sony released that are useless? And this system does have a use. Many people, like me, don't have enough room in their entertainment center for the bulk a PS3 takes up. I'm not going to be buying the Slim, but this will help out a lot of people who a. wanted a price drop, and b. wanted less bulk. So what other Sony products are useless?

I don't know the size specs but it looks the same size (surface area) just more narrow.
TwoFacedTanner
Thats what I was thinking. The comparison picture, its almost like they wanted to just change the casing, it does look about he same.
Marney1
I actually took my PS3 measurements into consideration when I bought a new TV unit and it fits in nicely with plenty of airflow.
ENVi3
QUOTE(Apocolyptic Diety @ Aug 20 2009, 03:19 AM) [snapback]1518773[/snapback]
I'm sure one of the main reasons was to cut console manufacturing costs.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Aug 20 2009, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1518841[/snapback]

that's exactly the reason... and all that does is benefit you and me because, it's price much lower... how is this useless? this is now on par to compete with the xbox... i'd love to see the numbers from here on out on who sells the most consoles... and it's not like there was a big gap between the two before anyways... only a few million...

but, offering a system at the same price with all the bells and whistles included (where you have to buy them separately with the xbox) and throw in the fact that it is actually a very reasonably priced blu-ray player as well, just tells you what system is the logical choice...
DuPz0r
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Aug 20 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1518841[/snapback]

Yeah that's true. But they could've made it look a bit cooler in terms of shape. It just looks like they dropped an anvil on a normal ps3 and thought YES, THAT'S THE PS3 SLIM RIGHT THERE, DO THAT TO THE REST!
Pieface
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 21 2009, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1518988[/snapback]
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Aug 20 2009, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1518841[/snapback]

that's exactly the reason... and all that does is benefit you and me because, it's price much lower... how is this useless? this is now on par to compete with the xbox... i'd love to see the numbers from here on out on who sells the most consoles... and it's not like there was a big gap between the two before anyways... only a few million...

but, offering a system at the same price with all the bells and whistles included (where you have to buy them separately with the xbox) and throw in the fact that it is actually a very reasonably priced blu-ray player as well, just tells you what system is the logical choice...

What's the logical choice? The one that has more games for it? I bet most PS3's were bought as Blu-Ray players, but if you're sensible You'd just pay around 60 for a Blu-Ray Drive, fit it into your PC and then bam, a Blu-Ray player.

Sony spent way too long making it affordable when the 360 has been making an affordable console for a while. Heck the basic 360 is cheaper than a Wii now.
bOnEs
i'm sorry but, the PS3 has more games... i'm not talking total numbers, i'm talking about more quality titles... and there used to be this gap in multi-plat titles where they looked better on the xbox but, that's just not true anymore...

the blu-ray player is a nice incentive to getting a PS3 because you get a gaming system with blue-ray capabilities... if you have an HDTV, you'll want to get a blu-ray player to watch your movies in high-def... and more and more people are getting HDTV's because of their own price drop... might as well purchase an entertainment system to go with it instead of spending $200 on a stand-alone player...

yea the games part i mentioned is my own opinion... when it comes to games, your own opinion is what matters... i just think the exclusives lineup looks killer this fall and winter for the PS3...
Marney1
This is not a fabnboyish comment (at least I don't mean it to be) but I bought the PS3 because PS1 & 2 is what I'd had in the past and I just like to stick with what I know, like the controller, but I thought it was a decent deal with having BluRay and being able to use the internet just like a PC.
I still think my purchase was a good deal and if I didn't have the one I own now I would naturally buy the slim version. It's what's inside that appeals to me not the 'box'.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 22 2009, 05:49 PM) [snapback]1519139[/snapback]
This is not a fabnboyish comment (at least I don't mean it to be) but I bought the PS3 because PS1 & 2 is what I'd had in the past and I just like to stick with what I know, like the controller, but I thought it was a decent deal with having BluRay and being able to use the internet just like a PC.
I still think my purchase was a good deal and if I didn't have the one I own now I would naturally buy the slim version. It's what's inside that appeals to me not the 'box'.

Fair comment. I feel the same to be honest. I just thought they'd try and make it look a little nicer.
Handsome B Wonderful
I'm holding off on the slim for a little while, just in case there are any 360-like faults on release. That's probably unlikely, but i like making excuses for not being able to pay $494 for anything atm. Not GFC related. I'm just stingy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.