Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BMW M3 E30
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
DuPz0r
I needed to try and make a vehicle since i haven't done one yet. I love the E30 model of the M3 and so i just started making it. I decided to model it with a wide body kit as it'd be a little boring just making a model of the standard model. Anyway, i'm still only half way through, but this is what i've got so far:

Leave a comment, rate it.
Marney1
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 17 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1518369[/snapback]
I needed to try and make a vehicle since i haven't done one yet. I love the E30 model of the M3 and so i just started making it. I decided to model it with a wide body kit as it'd be a little boring just making a model of the standard model. Anyway, i'm still only half way through, but this is what i've got so far:

Leave a comment, rate it.

I can tell it's a BMW but only by the grill and maybe the bonnet but having seen your work before I know it will work out. wink.gif
neko_ceko
Nice!
Ex-PS Fanboy
It looks like a B-mer so far. Can't wait for the finished product!
FuddMan
Where do you even start on something like that? A box?
DuPz0r
Nope. A plane. Like a flat piece of card. and you add polygons as you go along.
Marney1
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 17 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1518433[/snapback]

I'll try to get my nephew on here DuPz' he's on the same wave length with shit like you.
I personally am a good (if I say so myself) artist but am shit with computers.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 17 2009, 11:42 PM) [snapback]1518448[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 17 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1518433[/snapback]

I'll try to get my nephew on here DuPz' he's on the same wave length with shit like you.
I personally am a good (if I say so myself) artist but am shit with computers.

Cool. I can give him some advice if he needs it.

Here is a bit of an update. I was working on it last night and today for a while. I'm mostly trying to complete the basic body shape before i go into details.

Marney1
Nice!

The windscreen on the last pic looks as though it's bullet proof..........do you see what I mean?
DuPz0r
Yeah i see what you mean. It is because it is smaller and flatter then a normal windscreen. This was something i was going to fix later actually.
Pieface
You gonna do BBS alloys on it? That should be a challenge lol.
DuPz0r
Yeah it will be challenging. I'm finding it hard doing the headlights atm, so i'm not even thinking about the wheels yet!

I've done more to the back now. And given it a fancy high-gloss paint job.

Ex-PS Fanboy
Damn... that looks really nice so far.
Marney1
Dup' I think your work is really good but it's now looking like an 80's Essex car.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 19 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1518712[/snapback]
Dup' I think your work is really good but it's now looking like an 80's Essex car.

It is an E30 1988 model. I like that one. Plus it is boxy, which is meant to be easier for a first car to model. But pay no attention to the colours for now. These were just render experiments.

I might as well post a little update while i'm here, i have done the front grill:

Marney1
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Aug 19 2009, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1518729[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 19 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1518712[/snapback]

It is an E30 1988 model. I like that one. Plus it is boxy, which is meant to be easier for a first car to model. But pay no attention to the colours for now. These were just render experiments.

I might as well post a little update while i'm here, i have done the front grill:

I stand corrected - sort of - no wonder I thought of the 80's.

Good work though mate, you know what you're doing so it's all good. wink.gif
DuPz0r
I've just spent 3-4 hours creating these BBS babies! All i need now is some wheels, then i can detail the body some more.

Indy
looks dope
DuPz0r
I finished the tyres, they're looking pretty slick if i don't say so myself lol.

Anyway, this is how it looks:

neko_ceko
That's seriously nice.
Marney1
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Aug 20 2009, 07:16 PM) [snapback]1518825[/snapback]
That's seriously nice.

I wouldn't be seen dead in that but DuPz0r's work is good.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I noticed the green one in your sig Dup. Nice, but i can honestly say I liked it better iin white
neko_ceko
Hm. me too..
DuPz0r
Yeah me too th. But i couldnt be botherd to render it again. I use mental ray for the shadows, and that is really demanding on my CPU. I rendered it at 4096x3003 IMAX, which took almost 10 minutes. I might change it back soon though.

/edit

I'm pretty much finished with this model now. There isn't much else i can be bothered to do to it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.