Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guitar legend Les Paul died today.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
TheAnalogKid2112
Les Paul died at the age of 94 today from complications due to pneumonia. Les was simply a legend. He was one of the pioneers of the solid-body electric guitar. Most everyone knows his signature Les Paul guitar. Not to mention he was an incredible musician with countless albums. He had invented countless guitar effects and many techniques that are used all the time to this day. I would be here for hours if I were to list all of his accomplishments and what he's done for rock and roll music. Rest in peace, Les Paul. You're a hero.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539288,00.html
PabloHoneyOle
"Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives." - Adolf Hitler

R.I.P.
Mattay
Man, when I heard this last week it was a shock. Les was truly a pioneer to rock and roll and music all together. One of the best musicians to ever live in my book. Rest in peace, Les.
Massacre
It's kind of sad there are so many metalheads on the site, but this topic only got two replies...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 26 2009, 02:52 PM) [snapback]1519730[/snapback]
Man, when I heard this last week it was a shock. Les was truly a pioneer to rock and roll and music all together. One of the best musicians to ever live in my book. Rest in peace, Les.

Finally some appreciation for a true guitar hero.

QUOTE(Massacre @ Aug 26 2009, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1519731[/snapback]
It's kind of sad there are so many metalheads on the site, but this topic only got two replies...

I'm not surprised. Didn't expect many on this site to have as much appreciation for the man as I do. Most people only know the name Les Paul as a guitar, not a brilliant musician.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 26 2009, 04:52 PM) [snapback]1519730[/snapback]

How were you shocked? He was like 90 something years old. haha
Zacko
R.I.P. A true legend.

Theres a good documentary on YouTube featuring him (and other legends like B.B King), it's called "The Story of the Guitar: Out of the Frying Pan" and is part of a series made a while back for the BBC. You negroids should check it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.