Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Fantasy Football
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
bOnEs
well i know there's a bunch of football fans here but, they're fans of the wrong kind of football... anyways, are there any AMERICANS interested in playing the real kind of football?? i sent an invitation to you stoic in case your interested again this year... but, i'd like to fill this up and i am posting at the forums i frequent (lol, which is only two) and hope to get between 8 and 12 teams... last year there was 8 but, i don't know how many of those will be returning... a couple of of my friends might join and, i might recruit some people here at work as well...

if your interested, post here and i'll PM you the information needed... it's with yahoo! fantasy sports in case that makes some sort of difference (i know some people have their preferences as to what site hosts the league)...
TheAnalogKid2112
What the fuck is fantasy football?
Qdeathstar
we usually just have people pick the games and keep score throughout the season...
bOnEs
well, that's cool too... i was just asking if anyone was interested in joining my league... i've been at it for about 4 years or so...

you draft any players from the NFL that haven't been selected.... and you also pick these guys from certain positions like QB, RB, WR TE, K, DEF... you try to pick the best available guys, that's how you get points... touchdowns, yards, receptions, kicks, and team defenses... then roll with your team into the season and compete against other teams with other players... you can even let a computer pick your players for you if your not sure... that's just for those who don't know... like analog up there... i don't even think he likes sports laugh.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
I played last year and I think it was bOnes and I in the finals against each other. All those other kids are push overs. Damn straight I'm up for another year of shit talking and kicking ass with Yahoo Sports.

Checking my email now.
Pieface
Aye, the real football, where it can't be called plain football because every other country apart from America has adopted it for the other type of football. And also the real football where you barely use your foot.
PabloHoneyOle
Leave it to a Brit to get pissy about the naming of a sport.
Pieface
Leave it to an arogant American to think that America invented everything, and they're "real" when relatively they're quite young on the world.
PabloHoneyOle
What?

I think part of the establishment of America was taking names of sports that people in England like and changing the name of them just to piss off the King. Example: Football - Soccer; Cricket - Women's Basketball

So who invented football, as in the NFL? Who invented soccer, as in futbol?

Leave it to an arrogant American to not give a shit what the limeys think. Can't wait for the draft.
Pieface
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 5 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1516870[/snapback]
What?

I think part of the establishment of America was taking names of sports that people in England like and changing the name of them just to piss off the King. Example: Football - Soccer; Cricket - Women's Basketball

So who invented football, as in the NFL? Who invented soccer, as in futbol?

Leave it to an arrogant American to not give a shit what the limeys think. Can't wait for the draft.

You kinda proved my point. Thank you smile.gif
Marney1
Ooh fight!

OT; I don't like NFL.
Pieface
OT Means Off Topic doesn't it?

And I like NFL, I just don't see why Football is used as the name, when there is little foot used, and I don't see a ball anywhere.
Marney1
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 5 2009, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1516875[/snapback]
OT Means Off Topic doesn't it?

And I like NFL, I just don't see why Football is used as the name, when there is little foot used, and I don't see a ball anywhere.

I don't know why they call it football either and I always thought OT meant On Topic, your the moderator you tell me.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 5 2009, 09:46 PM) [snapback]1516867[/snapback]
Leave it to an arogant American to think that America invented everything, and they're "real" when relatively they're quite young on the world.

America did invent everything, worth while. Keep your soccer, i guess. O.o.

What did the UK event? America! So just STFU and be proud of your single greatest contribution to the world.

I'm pretty sure it was a marketing gimmick for when the game first started.

your the moderator you tell me.

just another case of piefail.

I don't know a whole lot about every player so fantasy football seems to complicated for me, so i don't think i'll be joining in.
bOnEs
we call it football because well, that's what it's called... who cares if it shares it's name with some other boring sport... we like it how it is, smash-mouth entertainment where guys in pads hit each other as hard as they can... and don't give me no damn rugby reference... no one wants to watch 300 pound guys with ripping steroid muscles unless your gay or named analogkid...

so, i take it stoic is the only one joining from here then... geez, just like last year...
TheAnalogKid2112
>:|
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.