Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buncefield -3 and a half years on.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
The Awesome One
When I was 14, I lived in one of the neighbouring borughs of st.albans. On the 13th of december 2005, at 6:01am, buncefield oil depot exploded, causing havoc in the st.albans and hemel hempstead area. I remember this day so well. I was asleep, my dad was getting ready for work and my mum, bro and sister were in bed. I was awoken by the shaking of the house, which broke my bedroom window, and our downstairs back door/windows frame. My dad got everybody up, told us to get changed and get downstairs. We did, and we watched the news for about ten mins until a few families came outside our house. (We have a field outside our house) I remember a mates family came round and knocked. We walked out onto the field and saw the fire. It apeared to be hundreds of feet in the air, it had blackened out the sky. I remember heading back inside to have a advent chocolate (It was in december) and seeing the broken frame. I then went back out side, and went to my other mate who lived next door, and got him up. (He had slept through it.)

A few mins later, we were told we were being moved from our area, and told to go somewhere else. We went to my nans. I recall going back to our house twice, to pick up clothes and my bros inhaler.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Enough about me. On to a great family friend (Ian Silverstein) who is still close to my dad, as they used to work together. He has still recieved no amount of compensation from the government, he still has no home to return to. The mental effect on him is massive, hes not the same guy I knew.

[youtube]8CAZA6ovYs0[/youtube]

[youtube]Sf7eU2Q7J9M&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]CmgJ1g_h318&feature=related[/youtube]
PabloHoneyOle
So are you taking donations for the guy or just trying to illicit a reaction from the site?
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 31 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1516090[/snapback]
So are you taking donations for the guy or just trying to illicit a reaction from the site?

No. What I want is the conservatives to take a battering in elections, so they will lose control of the area so we can start a petition once again. If the conservatives take a battering they might listen to us. Ian does not want donations from the public, he wants the compensation he should have from the gov.
PabloHoneyOle
Can you get Ian to become a member of our site?

Then we'd have a celebrity, other than koneko.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 31 2009, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1516102[/snapback]
Can you get Ian to become a member of our site?

Then we'd have a celebrity, other than koneko.

Hes a bit old for the site. Hes around the age of my dad. Hes 43. (I think)
DuPz0r
I was in Watford at this time. I had a heavy night of drinking with my mates. I was staying at his flat when it happened. I was asleep on his living room floor. And i heard an almighty explosion at like 6am. The rumbling acoustics were like a really deep bass. And it felt like an earthquake. My friends all slept through it. And i was like really worried. It felt like a war had broken out outside. I left my mates asleep for now and decided to turn on the TV. It was all over the news... I woke them all up and said what happened. I was surprised they didn't hear it. I'm glad i wasn't any closer. I saw on the news about the houses really close that had the windows ripped through. Scary times.
Pieface
Just amuse me. Who do you want to be in control of government?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.