Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raiden the new face of MGS?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Apocolyptic Diety
A lot of people are disapointed by the new MGS character that Hideo Kojima has chosen to replace possibly dead
Snake (Hinted by Raiden wearing Snake's bandanna as an eyepatch). I personally liked the Raiden in MGS 4 and woudn't mind playing as a cyborg like him rather than a man who cannot stand 5 minutes of combat without a syringe injection.
DiO
The same will be sick. Its not going to be a conventional MGS game. Its just in the same universe. Raiden doesn't sneak around like snake anymore. I doubt that they are going to stop making the games. Snake will be back I think. But yah, Raiden was pretty badass in MGS4.
Apocolyptic Diety
I don't think they'll stop making them either. In fact, I believe they are going to do good with this one seing how its the first MGS game to be on both Xbox 360 and PS3, also PC. The audience is definitely going to be greater. I like the new character desing for Raiden, looks even better than in 4.Click to view attachment
DiO
Actually MGS5 is announced. Most seem to think that its going to be exclusive for PS3.
TwoFacedTanner
And on top of that, Raiden looks like a homosexual robot in that picture.
DuPz0r
Raiden didn't really do well until MGS4. But they portrayed him well in it. And i wouldn't mind playing as him at all.
DiO
Yah, lol. Raiden was kind of gay in MGS2. But it was worth it for how the burned him in MGS3.
Pieface
I have MGS4. I got bored very quickly of it. I just hated the surroundings, very dull to look at.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 20 2009, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1513796[/snapback]
I have MGS4. I got bored very quickly of it. I just hated the surroundings, very dull to look at.

That's generally how it is in real life though. War is full of dull destroyed surroundings. MGS4 portrayed the future of war in a very interesting and believable context.
Pieface
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Jul 20 2009, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1513800[/snapback]

That's generally how it is in real life though. War is full of dull destroyed surroundings. MGS4 portrayed the future of war in a very interesting and believable context.

But in a game I don't want it to be like real life, I want actual entertainment...
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 20 2009, 10:46 AM) [snapback]1513811[/snapback]

But in a game I don't want it to be like real life, I want actual entertainment...

Actual entertainment varies from person to person. If you don't want it to be like real life go play halo.
Pieface
QUOTE(Billy Mays @ Jul 20 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1513846[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 20 2009, 10:46 AM) [snapback]1513811[/snapback]

Actual entertainment varies from person to person. If you don't want it to be like real life go play halo.

Pssh. CoD4 is where it's at.
bOnEs
i just picked up MGS4 over the weekend and i like it so far... i like how you don't have to sneak around 95% of the time like you did in the previous games... it's more open to interpretation... i'll sneak around enemies but, i'll also fight alongside militias as well to fight the enemy... i kinda let the circumstances dictate weather i sneak or not biggrin.gif... maybe that changes once i get further into it, i'm only at the part where i just met up with meryl... and that's all action too, no time for sneaking biggrin.gif... lol, nothings funner though than sneaking around in the dirt, right behind the enemy... and i mean literally, a foot behind the enemy laugh.gif...

and remember, just because snake is dead doesn't mean that they won't dip into his past again like they did with MGS3... raiden may be the face of a new series of games but, he'll never be the face of metal gear solid...
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 20 2009, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1513962[/snapback]
i just picked up MGS4 over the weekend and i like it so far... i like how you don't have to sneak around 95% of the time like you did in the previous games... it's more open to interpretation... i'll sneak around enemies but, i'll also fight alongside militias as well to fight the enemy... i kinda let the circumstances dictate weather i sneak or not biggrin.gif... maybe that changes once i get further into it, i'm only at the part where i just met up with meryl... and that's all action too, no time for sneaking biggrin.gif... lol, nothings funner though than sneaking around in the dirt, right behind the enemy... and i mean literally, a foot behind the enemy laugh.gif...

and remember, just because snake is dead doesn't mean that they won't dip into his past again like they did with MGS3... raiden may be the face of a new series of games but, he'll never be the face of metal gear solid...

On harder difficulties, sneaking around is more necessary. Other parts of games it is too. The 1st part is really action packed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.