Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battlefield 1943
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
FuddMan
This game rules. Get it now (or tomorrow if you're on PSN). It's only 10/$15.
Pieface
Isn't it just the Wake Island map?
FuddMan
No, it's three maps, and there'll be a fourth when the community hits 47 million kills. The maps are the most popular ones from BF1942.
DiO
Hmm. I loved 1942.
Pieface
I'll just play Battlefield 1942.
DuPz0r
I liked Battlefield 2142

P.S i found D-O before his beard grew:

OMG TIME TRAVEL!!!
TheAnalogKid2112
Played the demo. This game is like an uncomfortable, FPS version of Warhawk. While it seems like it could be a cool game, I kept dying and couldn't control ANYTHING. But whatever..
Pieface
Bought it, the game is amazing, but need to change a few controls about.

*Eats words*
DuPz0r
I played the demo, and after playing many war games on PS3 recently, i found this game utterly shit. It has put me off the battlefield series...
Ex-PS Fanboy
WW2 FPS Games = Shit
PabloHoneyOle
My friend downloaded this and swears by it as the greatest game ever.

I played the demo and wasn't impressed.
Caliph
Any AI/bots?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Caliph @ Jul 16 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1513201[/snapback]
Any AI/bots?

No.

Well, I'm really starting to consider it. I mean, 15 dollars is way too much, but everybody's recommending it and I'm starting to like the demo more...
PabloHoneyOle
So I played a match last night at my friends and wasn't impressed. It was like a shit version of Call of Duty.

My friend was a big 1942 on PC fan and gets a boney from it, but after a couple of matches last night, I'd rather not have that game taking up space on my HD.

I'd probably rather have AIDS. Or Sam and Max.
FuddMan
It's nothing like Call of Duty... If you want CoD, play CoD. Battlefield is Battlefield and the formula works much better. If you think you're above BF i.e. hate teamwork and tactics, then so be it.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Stoic_Person_Eater @ Jul 17 2009, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1513271[/snapback]
I'd probably rather have AIDS.

That can be arranged my friend...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jul 17 2009, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1513287[/snapback]
It's nothing like Call of Duty... If you want CoD, play CoD. Battlefield is Battlefield and the formula works much better. If you think you're above BF i.e. hate teamwork and tactics, then so be it.

I don't think I am above it, but you're probably right.

I just didn't like it is all. Not my cup of tea.

I'd love for you to try and sell me on the game though.
FuddMan
If you don't like Battlefield's style of play there isn't much I can say. I just think that for a tenner it's an absolute steal. You can use it to pass half an hour before heading out or you can sit on it for several hours with a group of friends. It's a very casual game, there's nothing serious about it, and despite the limited kits and maps, there are so many ways you can go about playing the game you really can't complain for the price. CoD:MW2 is going to be more expensive than normal games and it's going to be exactly the same as CoD4, but I bet no one is going to complain about that (except me, I'm not paying 55 for a fucking game).
PabloHoneyOle
Fair enough.

I just never played 1942 back in the day, TBH I didn't really know what it was until 1943 dropped the other day and my friend tried to convince me to get it. I just wasn't blown away and wouldn't bother with acquiring MS points for it is all.

Not attacking the game you like. We all like different things.
ThomasH
It's a awesome way of getting more people on Battlefield, but it's just not Battlefield for me.

BF is 1942, BF2, Vietnam, on the P.C.

So I will let this one fly by and get me Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2. smile.gif

ENVi3
it reminds me of Warhawk, sorta.
i played the demo, and i was able to do 2 rounds before my time expired. but I thought it was a pretty nice game. i owned people as a Rifleman, but most of the time i wasn't sure what i was doing, just taking territory and killing.
I couldn't fly a plane because there,s no controls, unless you pause AND figure out that changing the view to 3rd person is ALOT easier then the default 1st person.

I'm pretty content with Killzone 2 right now and i still play Warhawk, so although Battlefield 1943 is something i would sorta like, i think i will just pass on it (especially since i don't have too much spending money right now).
Caliph
BF42 was the best, and it all went downhill since Vietnam (that's a cliche).
It wouldve been nice having AI support, just in case you couldnt find enough people to play with. On the other hand, Dice never made a strong AI before so you might as well play with nobody.
Darth Sexy
We still get stoned and play the 1942 multiplayer demo. My game plan is essentially to get in a plane, then crash it because I can barely control it. Needless to say, I don't get many kills.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.